Woman in Iran faces 99 lashes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maitresse Stern
I have given far more to men.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100905/twl-iran-stoning-woman-faces-99-lashes-3fd0ae9.html

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Islam is a piece of shit. What's new?

majid86
STFU

Maitresse Stern
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

Israel is a piece of shit as well, don't you mean?

Venomancer
As much as I support Israel and I disagree with Islam; I will say you both need to keep those type of OP's to your self

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Venomancer
As much as I support Israel and I disagree with Islam; I will say you both need to keep those type of OP's to your self
What about Islam do you disagree with exactly?

lil bitchiness
What does this have to do with Israel, exactly? Murderous regime with no better religion, that's all it is.

Bardock42
Though I think you can separate certain elements of Islam. The actions of Iran are of course no better than those of say North Korea just because they derive their perceived sanction from a Religion.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What does this have to do with Israel, exactly? Murderous regime with no better religion, that's all it is. It's always the Jew's fault... hmm

I don't really know how to feel about this, although I don't feel that it is justifiable to punish someone like this, I do believe that a country should be able to dictate it's own law... regardless of other's (mainly the western) view. I know this will make me unpopular but I stand by a country enforcing the laws they have set.

This is more about making a point though. The west (and pretty much everyone else) were pissed off with the stoning so Iran thought it would stir the pot with a lashing... I disagree with that.

lil bitchiness

Bardock42

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why is Iran supposed to be a country though?

What reason does anyone have to honour their claim to the region? The fact that Iran is a recognised country; recognised by the UN... and everyone country that any of us are living in. This kind of gives them the right. Not ideal but that's life.

Venomancer
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What about Islam do you disagree with exactly? That my friend is beside the point. It dosn't matter what I disagree with my point was for the other to members to chill out on the name calling

Bardock42

§P0oONY
That however has little authority. Neither you nor I have to accept that standard. Countries don't even have to accept that standard. And even then humanitarian problems can lead to sanctions or further actions. So really just cause it's a UN recognized country doesn't mean that anyone has to accept their laws. You could actively or passively try to do something about it.

To lie back and say, that's the way it is and we have to accept that, is silly, lazy and also wrong, in my opinion, though you are free to do it. This is all well and good... but by getting involved in another countries laws you set a bad precedent. Things can come to the stage when you're simply dictating what you believe is right and what you believe is wrong.Obviously I feel for the woman but it's not my culture and I don't wish to enforce my own on to it.

This is my opinion. I respect yours and I don't wish to stop anyone who wants to put a stop to it. It's just not for me. I have already stated htat I know it's an unpopular view.

Bardock42

Rogue Jedi
Two whole men? WHORE!!!

the ninjak
Does this really surprise anyone?

My Iranian friend hates his family because they marry multiple underage girls and pat themselves on the backs because "Muhammad did it!"

In Malaysia it is now legal to marry children because "Muhammad did it!"

Nothing more than a religion based on breeding and race hate.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by the ninjak

My Iranian friend hates his family because they marry multiple underage girls and pat themselves on the backs because "Muhammad did it!"

Define "children". I mean in pretty much all of Europe it's legal to have sex with people that are considered children in the US.

Rogue Jedi
I'd hit it.

alex30
both are not good both have different opinion

the ninjak

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Define "children". I mean in pretty much all of Europe it's legal to have sex with people that are considered children in the US.

As young as 6 now. so yeah children.

Bicnarok

majid86
STFU

Parmaniac

Dreampanther
I disagree actually, I think it is a good precedent to try to get your morals onto as many people as possible, hopefully mostly peacefully. I am more interested in limiting suffering of people than preserving tradition really. Though I don't think there's much one person can do, it's surely not futile to tell other people about it or even get actively involved in something trying to better the world in the way you want it.

I suppose ultimately I feel a country should NOT be able to dictate its own laws absolutely, but be bound by certain humane rules, something I think the UN is at least partially trying to establish.

Agreed. When Apartheid was the law in South Africa, the whole world had something to say about it, (and quite rightly) because whites considered themselves a law unto themselves - but now, when men do the same or even worse to women, everybody just say, "Hey dude, chill, who are we to judge?"

F@cking hypocrites... Hiding behind a religion to keep women as slaves.
Makes me sick.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Parmaniac
We can say the same about christianity and I'm sure most other world religions too.

Except, Christianity or Judaism do not practice such behaviour and haven`t done so for at least 200 years.
So, we can`t say the same for those.

Symmetric Chaos
Except, Christianity or Judaism do not practice such behaviour and haven`t done so for at least 200 years.
So, we can`t say the same for those.

Huh? Religions don't have any behaviors, followers of them do and there are some amazingly sexist Christians and Jews out there,

Parmaniac
So, we can`t say the same for those. The pope reopened lot's of exorcism schools in an interview he said he's convinced that the devil is under us. So now he wants to let his disciples torture people with epilepsy and schizophrenia like in the middle age, while the civilized world of course knows that these people need medicine and therapies but it's the pope he must be right and christians totally rock.

lil bitchiness
there are some amazingly sexist Christians and Jews out there,

...which is utterly ridiculous to compare sexism to stoning to death over adultery, homophobia to execution of homosexuals, frowning on sex before marriage to female genital mutilation.

I can`t for the life of me remember when an overwhelmingly Christian nation or Israel in the last 200 years implemented morality police that would beat and arrest women on the street who`s hair is showing...

Just sayin`...

Parmaniac
I can`t for the life of me remember when an overwhelmingly Christian nation or Israel in the last 200 years implemented morality police that would beat and arrest women on the street who`s hair is showing...

Just sayin`... Yeah christians are too busy to ban condoms and especially in 3rd world countries this means a death sentence for people without education to die from AIDS...

Not to mention the problem of earths over population.

Just sayin'...

I have no problem with Islam critic but I think it's kinda hypocritical and 2 faced when a supporter of a religion bashes islam while his/her own religion isn't really better only because everything is running behind the curtain and he/she is just too lazy or ignorant to do some research.

Symmetric Chaos
...which is utterly ridiculous to compare sexism to stoning to death over adultery, homophobia to execution of homosexuals, frowning on sex before marriage to female genital mutilation.

Just sayin`...

Mostly because those particular people aren't in power like they are in the Middle East. See "Biblical patriarchy" as well as various bombings, murders and arsons in the last twenty years or so.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Yeah christians are too busy to ban condoms and especially in 3rd world countries this means a death sentence for people without education to die from AIDS...

Not to mention the problem of earths over population.

Just sayin'...

I have no problem with Islam critic but I think it's kinda hypocritical and 2 faced when a supporter of a religion bashes islam while his/her own religion isn't really better only because everything is running behind the curtain and he/she is just too lazy or ignorant to do some research.

I`m sorry, are you actually assuming I'm Christian and moreover, a Catholic?
Here's a hint - I'm not, and neither is my family nor my family's family.

What's hypocritical and lazy is to assume one's religion because it is just easier to bash that way than to make an argument.
So yes, I'd say you do have a problem with Islam critics, because you're argument has ''yeah Islam does that, but some other irrelevant to the argument religion is doing this''.

lil bitchiness
Mostly because those particular people aren't in power like they are in the Middle East. See "Biblical patriarchy" as well as various bombings, murders and arsons in the last twenty years or so.

Yes, I'd agree. However, I could apply such argument in saying, the reason Western countries don't have a capital punishment for stealing horses is because they don't have Genghis Khan type figure in power, but if he was, that's what would have happened.

The bigger question is why aren't they in power in the west and why it is unlikely they ever will be?

Islamic_prophet
Yes, I'd agree. However, I could apply such argument in saying, the reason Western countries don't have a capital punishment for stealing horses is because they don't have Genghis Khan type figure in power, but if he was, that's what would have happened.

The bigger question is why aren't they in power in the west and why it is unlikely they ever will be?

You are a woman... What do you know? Your society let's you go round talking out of turn. Your men are weak!

Juk3n
Originally posted by Islamic_prophet
You are a woman... What do you know? Your society let's you go round talking out of turn. Your men are weak! your men think beating wwomen is STRONG? LOL.

YOU'RE men think because there country has been invaded, coming over to my country and killing me and my newborn son with a bomb on a bus is going to get you into heaven? lol?

You're men think because some western countries are stealing your oil, that you fighting a HOLY war? Lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Islam is a barbaric, middle ages insane, hypocritical system which should be banned in modern civilised countries imo.

LoLz. Can't say I disagree with everything you said though.

SamZED
TBH Id rather live in a society where women get punished for having sex before marriage than in society where kids dont know who their fathers are.

- Hey kid!
- Hey
- Say, you're Martha's son?
- Yeah.. do I know you?
- No. But you mum gives great blowjobs! 20 friends of mine can vouch for that!
- What the f**k?

99 lashes any day...

Originally posted by Maitresse Stern
Israel is a piece of shit as well, don't you mean? That's completely off-topic. But yeah it sure is.

Bardock42
Originally posted by SamZED
TBH Id rather live in a society where women get punished for having sex before marriage than in society where kids dont know who their fathers are.

- Hey kid!
- Hey
- Yeah.. do I know you?
- What the f**k?

99 lashes any day...

That's completely off-topic. But yeah it sure is.

You must be joking...

That's an amazingly ****ed up opinion.

Robtard

- Hey kid!
- Hey
- Yeah.. do I know you?
- What the f**k?

99 lashes any day...

This assumes that in a society where women are treated like property, all children know who their fathers are. Nonsense conclusion.

But I disagree, given your scenario, I'd prefer to live in a society where women are equal and not beaten brutally, even if it means they'll be some illegitimate children.

Bardock42
I also don't think illegitimate children are solely the fault of women.

Robtard
I also don't think illegitimate children are solely the fault of women.

Because you're a reasonable person.

SamZED
Originally posted by Robtard
This assumes that in a society where women are treated like property, all children know who their fathers are. Nonsense conclusion. Wasn't talking about societies that treat women like property, was talking about societies where having sex is forbidden before marriage for anyone. And I never made that conclusion of yours. Ofcourse there will be exceptions. But at least it wont happen simply because "mum" was a bit TOO easygoing.

SamZED
I also don't think illegitimate children are solely the fault of women. Me neither, that's why I said "for anyone" I didnt say "for women".

Bardock42
Wasn't talking about societies that treat women like property, was talking about societies where having sex is forbidden before marriage for anyone. And I never made that conclusion of yours. Ofcourse there will be exceptions. But at least it wont happen simply because "mum" was a bit TOO easygoing.

So the man would get 99 lashes, too?

I suppose that's still ****ed up, but at least somewhat equal, good on you.

Robtard
Wasn't talking about societies that treat women like property, was talking about societies where having sex is forbidden before marriage for anyone. And I never made that conclusion of yours. Ofcourse there will be exceptions. But at least it wont happen simply because "mum" was a bit TOO easygoing.

I wouldn't want to live in an oppressive society like that. Sounds terrible.

Also as Bardock42 pointed out, you lay blame solely on women being "too easy going". It takes two, you know.

amnesia

mmm

I disagree. Kinda..

lil bitchiness
Lashes maybe one can live with but stoning to death over adultery is going way too far, imo.

Bardock42
Me neither, that's why I said "for anyone" I didnt say "for women".

You didn't say "anyone", you said you'd rather live in a society where women get lashes...you only added the "anyone" long after I commented.

SamZED
You didn't say "anyone", you said you'd rather live in a society where women get lashes...you only added the "anyone" long after I commented.

I didn't add anything. I said "anyone" when responding to Robtard.
...about societies where having sex is forbidden before marriage for anyone...
I only mentioned "lashes for women" in my first post because that's what the thread was about.

Bardock42
I didn't add anything. I said "anyone" when responding to Robtard.

That's adding something. No worries.

Symmetric Chaos
Lashes maybe one can live with but stoning to death over adultery is going way too far, imo.

Assuming the person doing the punishment isn't very experienced at making things safe 99 lashes could very well be a way of torturing a person to death.

lil bitchiness
Assuming the person doing the punishment isn't very experienced at making things safe 99 lashes could very well be a way of torturing a person to death.

Still, there's some chance you'll survive. Stoning to death is one of the worst ways to die.

roughrider
I've given up on being reasonable with a militant theocracy.

Wake me when ordinary people there have had enough of the religious dogma and revolted.

Dreampanther

- Hey kid!
- Hey
- Yeah.. do I know you?
- What the f**k?

99 lashes any day...

Hypocrite.

Bet you wouldn't have said that if you were a woman...

dadudemon
I suppose ultimately I feel a country should NOT be able to dictate its own laws absolutely, but be bound by certain humane rules, something I think the UN is at least partially trying to establish.

And that pretty much sums up my sentiments.

There should be a humane standard.

But...I would gladly take some lashings for r@pe, though. Much better than 5 year in prison. awesome awesome awesome awesome

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Women must be punished for their whoredom.

That's quite intolerant. We need to respect and understand each others' cultures.

(lol j/k firebomb the middle east)

Nephthys
Originally posted by dadudemon
But...I would gladly take some lashings for r@pe, though. Much better than 5 year in prison. awesome awesome awesome awesome

You sure? That shit'll really rip your back up; permanent scarring and maybe permanent muscle damage. Your r@pin' days will be over then my friend. sad

lil bitchiness

That's quite intolerant. We need to respect and understand each others' cultures.

Nah, fire bomb America. (j/k just the white house)

Bardock42

lol *military superiority five*

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Nah, fire bomb America. (j/k just the white house)
America's a pretty damn good place to live. We don't stone our women for being raped, after all.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Nephthys
You sure? That shit'll really rip your back up; permanent scarring and maybe permanent muscle damage. Your r@pin' days will be over then my friend. sad

Tell that to the blacks, lol

lil bitchiness
America's a pretty damn good place to live. We don't stone our women for being raped, after all.

Middle East isn't such a terrible place to live either. Except, of course, if you end up in a Muslim area of the country (in Lebanon, for example) or Islamic country (in Iran for example) , with fundamentalists and you're not a Muslim, in which case you may risk some death and/or torture.

Or if you are a Muslim, you may end up dead too, if you happen to be unlucky enough to be surrounded by cave men type tribal leaders.

RE: Blaxican
Middle East isn't such a terrible place to live either. Except, of course, if you end up in a Muslim area of the country (in Lebanon, for example) or Islamic country (in Iran for example) , with fundamentalists and you're not a Muslim, in which case you may risk some death and/or torture. Hahaha, good answer

Stoic
I think the act of stunting a woman's position in society is deplorable. It's all about control, and when they lose it, they resort to barbaric acts, such as whipping, and beating women for no greater reason than her showing her hair in public, or some crap of equal value.

the ninjak
Don't forget the throwing of acid in girls faces if they reject a man's advances.

Stoic
Don't forget the throwing of acid in girls faces if they reject a man's advances.

You know what you said just there, made me upset. I've never heard that before. I didn't even know that type of thing existed.

SamZED
Middle East isn't such a terrible place to live either. Except, of course, if you end up in a Muslim area of the country (in Lebanon, for example) or Islamic country (in Iran for example) , with fundamentalists and you're not a Muslim, in which case you may risk some death and/or torture.

Or if you are a Muslim, you may end up dead too, if you happen to be unlucky enough to be surrounded by cave men type tribal leaders. Dunno about Iran, but ive been in Lebanon. Friends of mine have as well. Im still alive and never been tortured in my entire life. Try walking somewhere in Tepliy Stan, I bet the chance of you getting killed/tortured there is 10 higher than in Iran.

lil bitchiness
Dunno about Iran, but ive been in Lebanon. Friends of mine have as well. Im still alive and never been tortured in my entire life. Try walking somewhere in Tepliy Stan, I bet the chance of you getting killed/tortured there is 10 higher than in Iran.

I'm alive and well too. I was more talking about the Muslim-Christian tensions and especially Al Quwat Al Lubananiya.

While you may not agree with them, you must acknowledge terrible things done to Arabs and Phoenicians by fundamentalists.

God of chunder
She broke the rules, she paid the price. The law is the law!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys

Lashings under Muslim hands are supposed to be done in "batches" to minimize scarring. On top of that, I hear that they put like a towel under their arm so they can't swing it as hard.

In other words, it's gonna hurt like a mother ****er, BIG time, but there will be little to no permanent damage.

Edit - Just looked it up: it's supposed to be a Qur'an under the arm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/16/world/middleeast/16saudi.html?ex=1352869200&en=3cfe2fed57f54e06&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

"Lashing is a common sentence under the Saudi penal code, applied for crimes ranging from homosexuality and drinking alcohol to theft and adultery. Usually, lashes are meted out in increments because offenders could not survive hundreds of lashes at once. The administrator of the punishment is supposed to hold a Koran under his arm so he cannot swing the whip too fiercely; lashes are not supposed to leave permanent scars. The sentence is frequently delivered in public, often at the entrance to a jail."

movielover2010
that might be not so good.

the ninjak
Don't forget the throwing of acid in girls faces if they reject a man's advances. Originally posted by Stoic
You know what you said just there, made me upset. I've never heard that before. I didn't even know that type of thing existed.

Hospitals are filled with victims. That British blond babe dated that MMA dude and he got jealous and did it to her. An absolute waste.

Bardock42
Hospitals are filled with victims. That British blond babe dated that MMA dude and he got jealous and did it to her. An absolute waste.

Yeah, it's horrible, apparently in central america it is incredibly prevalent. The famous case for westerners is of course Katie Piper who you referred to. She had a Channel 4 "Cutting Edge" documentary. If you are in Britain or know how to work a good proxy you can actually watch Channel 4 documentaries for free on the website: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/themes/cutting-edge

I heard they often do even worse, throw acid in a girls face and then throw salt in it, too, to scar it. It's immensely ****ed up.

movielover2010
unbelievable for that

Why is Iran supposed to be a country though?

What reason does anyone have to honour their claim to the region?

The fact that they've lived there for thousands of years and are entitled to a collective self-determination in their territory are pretty good reasons to respect their sovereignity (although you could claim the regime no longer/never did represent the people's will).

I get your point about universally enforcing certain values to protect some essential human rights from abuse, regardless of local custom and morality. But this idea and its implications are far more complex than that.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Agreed. When Apartheid was the law in South Africa, the whole world had something to say about it, (and quite rightly) because whites considered themselves a law unto themselves - but now, when men do the same or even worse to women, everybody just say, "Hey dude, chill, who are we to judge?"

F@cking hypocrites... Hiding behind a religion to keep women as slaves.
Makes me sick.

I would, however, like to point out that the apartheid regime itself was the product of the imposition of a civilization and its values upon an another. Furthermore, despite grusome cases such as this and how hipocritical, sexist and prudish sharia's policing of sexuality is, women in general are not living under apartheid conditions in Iran.

The MISTER
Women are victimized everywhere and it happens so very often that it's really quite sickening...

hopefully one day the oppression of women will be like the oppression of the American slaves....history

ps I love "The Color Purple" because it shows that a cruel man can learn the error of his ways.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by The MISTER
Women are victimized everywhere and it happens so very often that it's really quite sickening...

hopefully one day the oppression of women will be like the oppression of the American slaves....history You get rid of the oppression of women, and you have to replace it with the oppression of something else. Let's stick to one we're used to.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You get rid of the oppression of women, and you have to replace it with the oppression of something else. Let's stick to one we're used to.

As long as women are getting pregnant they will be oppressed by men....not being sexist it's just a distinct physical disadvantage that can be exploited by men....the reason mainly being the hormone fluxuations that uneducated men will always take for weakness.

Imagine, if you told your brother that he was fat and he burst into tears you might just slap him for embarrasing you. If it had been your pregnant sister you might just end up getting slapped. It might not seem fair but that's just how it is. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.