Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I am not a satanist, but I was wondering what people thought of the subject, and those who subscribe to this theology?

Symmetric Chaos
Which kind of Satanism?

Stoic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Which kind of Satanism?

Judeo Christian perspectives, are all I've got. So the terms used in the Bible/Torah precepts, would be the perspective of this thread... Unless

Do you have any other perspectives on the subject?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Stoic
Judeo Christian perspectives, are all I've got. So the terms used in the Bible/Torah precepts, would be the perspective of this thread... Unless

There are a bunch of groups that call themselves Satanists. Several of them hate each other.

Do you have any other perspectives on the subject?

The original Satanic "cult" of the modern world was LaVey's "Church Of Satan" which was really just about having sex and general lack of restraint. Most of the later groups followed similar "left-hand-path" models.

So I would say being a Satanist doesn't make a person evil, but it's a good sign that he's a dick.

Stoic
There are a bunch of groups that call themselves Satanists. Several of them hate each other.

The original Satanic "cult" of the modern world was LaVey's "Church Of Satan" which was really just about having sex and general lack of restraint. Most of the later groups followed similar "left-hand-path" models.

So I would say being a Satanist doesn't make a person evil, but it's a good sign that he's a dick.

You're so right, I mean about LaVey's "Church Of Satan". I have heard about his doctrine, but never delved into his teachings.

Bardock42
To me being a LaVeyian satanists doesn't make you evil. It can make you quite sensible actually. Though they are weird, because they hide their philosophy in some very odd rituals.

King Castle
Its basically dont turn the other cheek. enjoy life and what it has to offer.. dont be the weak lamb but the strong wolf. look out for yourself.

it really is lack of inhibition or lack of belief in religious sin

Stoic
Originally posted by Bardock42
To me being a LaVeyian satanists doesn't make you evil. It can make you quite sensible actually. Though they are weird, because they hide their philosophy in some very odd rituals.

Originally posted by King Castle
Its basically dont turn the other cheek. enjoy life and what it has to offer.. dont be the weak lamb but the strong wolf. look out for yourself.

it really is lack of inhibition or lack of belief in religious sin

Both of you just enlightened me, very interesting.

§P0oONY
Said it perfectly.

jinXed by JaNx
Sacrificing babies in the name of the dark lord makes you a bad person...,yes Satanists are bad people.

Stoic
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Sacrificing babies in the name of the dark lord makes you a bad person...,yes Satanists are bad people.

Does this truly happen? Sacrifies, are pretty grim, I'd be inclined to call it evil too.

King Castle
sign..........

do you think witch burning and drowning is the main christian act?

Stoic
Originally posted by King Castle
sign..........

do you think witch burning and drowning is the main christian act?

That wasn't Christianity, that was evil men hiding under his banner, while in command of the indoctrinated of Christ, making it dirty for all the world to see, and gawk. Saying look, they are under the banner of Christ, I guess that this is what being a Christian means. The KKK also marched with his banner on them.

Just because I wear it doesn't mean that I am it.

Symmetric Chaos
Does this truly happen? Sacrifies, are pretty grim, I'd be inclined to call it evil too.

There's no known instance of satanic cults engaging in human sacrifice.

King Castle
so why are you taking jinx by janx statement as factual or the norm.

you were told that their are different satanist religions that dont share anything in common with one another.

the original one was more about a way of living.. others are a religion and some are cults but none are interchangeable nor speak for the main one.

LaVeyian satanists

the way you view my statement is the way you should view jinxed by janx, generalization is bad especially with no evidence as such and being the norm.

the ninjak
Satanists are mainly LARP fans and quite satirical about religion as a whole.

Kinda like the ultimate protesters of religion.

So I like them alot.

ADarksideJedi
If you pratise it, it does and you are most likly going to be heading to hell or inbetween heaven in less you give it up on your death bed.

King Kandy
No, it doesn't. It is pretty stupid though, because the sensible parts of the belief pretty much make the religious elements completely superfluous. I would say I believe in a lot of elements of LaVey Satanism, but i'd never become one because it works better as philosophy than religion.

lil bitchiness
No it doesn't make you a bad person, but it does make you a douche.

amnesia
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No it doesn't make you a bad person, but it does make you a douche.

How? I would say Christian, Jews and Muslims are equally douchy. I think you are a little biased.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Depends on your definition of satanism. There's Satan worship and then there's the other kind of satanism.

Bicnarok
Nope, just makes you another gullable, delusional religous person who is willing to believe and crap which is written by iron age savages.

The choice would of course reflect your inner self, choosing a rebel probably means you crave to be a rebel but are really a sad pathetic wierdo.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by amnesia
How? I would say Christian, Jews and Muslims are equally douchy. I think you are a little biased.

They worship God instead of the Devil and that is way better then worshipping the devil.The only thing in comman is that they do believe in the Devil but they will not worship him because they know he is evil.

amnesia
Why? Yahew is a dick of epic proportions.

mikeydude
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
They worship God instead of the Devil and that is way better then worshipping the devil.The only thing in comman is that they do believe in the Devil but they will not worship him because they know he is evil.
how do you know that the devil isnt god.

and, i know plenty of hardcore dicks that are christians. and devoted christians at that.
putting a label on something doesnt make it any better than giving it a label with a bad rep. or no label at all.

Stoic
Originally posted by mikeydude

and, i know plenty of hardcore dicks that are christians. and devoted christians at that.
putting a label on something doesnt make it any better than giving it a label with a bad rep. or no label at all.

I see your point. It's a good one.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by mikeydude

How can the devil be God?It is God and the Devil nothing else.The Devil is a fallen angel who betrayed God and owns Hell.

King Castle
some satanist practice is not to worship anyone god or devil.. they take his name as a rebel and pursuit of knowledge.

a lot of ppl have no idea what satanist is about and assume its like a cult..facepalm2

ADarksideJedi
I been in a cult for twelve years of my life and I do think it is pretty much a cult!

Shakyamunison
I been in a cult for twelve years of my life and I do think it is pretty much a cult!

Are you still in it?

ADarksideJedi
No I am thirty now I got out when I was twelve.My parents were part of it before I was born and left when I turn twelve.If I was still in it I would not be allowed to use the internet anyway.

Bardock42
How can the devil be God?It is God and the Devil nothing else.The Devil is a fallen angel who betrayed God and owns Hell.

That's what we are told. But what if "God" lied about it. What if "God" is actually the fallen angel and Satan is the loving creator of us all. But God puts out lies about us, to get us to follow him so we end up in hell (which he calls heaven), which he owns?

King Castle
WfUhoHc-HB8&feature=related

ADarksideJedi
I guess it is possible but I doubt it.

Robtard

Which one were you in?

Bardock42
I guess it is possible but I doubt it.

But why?

Satan is the master of lies...if he's so good at lying, why couldn't he deceive almost everyone into believing that he's God?

lil bitchiness

I'd say you're far more bias than I could ever be, with your statement in one of the other threads ''I am against all churches''.

Now to the point -
To take a concept out of the religion you don't believe in at all and worship it, is douchebaggery at its best.

Satan is a Judeo-Christian as well as Muslim concept. The fact that you take some centre concept of the religions you hate or don't believe in and make a religion out of it is making you a douche. And not a creative one at that, either.

Bardock42
I'd say you're far more bias than I could ever be, with your statement in one of the other threads ''I am against all churches''.

Now to the point -
To take a concept out of the religion you don't believe in at all and worship it, is douchebaggery at its best.

Satan is a Judeo-Christian as well as Muslim concept. The fact that you take some centre concept of the religions you hate or don't believe in and make a religion out of it is making you a douche. And not a creative one at that, either.

I disagree somewhat. Satan is not only a concept of a specific religion it can also be seen as a symbol, or a word describing something previously undescribed in English. In that way I understand LaVeyian Satanists, Lucifer is an immensely intriguing character.

Religious Satanists of course have a total different reason, they believe actually that there is a God and a Satan but reject certain Christian teaching, as that they may be rather far out as far as splinter groups of Christianity go, but they are still somewhat Christian ultimately.

amnesia

Now to the point -

How is that douchebaggery? They obviously do believe in the Judeo-Christian god.

Robtard
I think you douches are confusing "reject" and "believe in".

lil bitchiness
I disagree somewhat. Satan is not only a concept of a specific religion it can also be seen as a symbol, or a word describing something previously undescribed in English. In that way I understand LaVeyian Satanists, Lucifer is an immensely intriguing character.

Religious Satanists of course have a total different reason, they believe actually that there is a God and a Satan but reject certain Christian teaching, as that they may be rather far out as far as splinter groups of Christianity go, but they are still somewhat Christian ultimately.

I see what you're saying and I somewhat agree.

Hades could be considered Satan if looked from Judeo-Christian perspective, as can Seth. However, I'd say they aren't at all.
In fact, their existence is very important in the grand scheme of things.

I am of belief that there is nothing wrong or weird in worshipping different type of God, or Gods, but in order to be anti-Judeo-Christain Satanist, you must, as core belief, believe in Judeo-Christian ideas of...well, everything.
Both, Satan and Lucifer are not English words, and are largely associated with Abrahamic religions, or should I say, I associate them as such, it may well be different for others. (Satan, his existence and attributes I more associate with Islamic perspective, since it is Shaitan in Arabic, which is almost the same in pronunciation (and Hebrew as well), and Lucifer with Christianity, since it's a Latin word, so that kind of makes sense to me, personally)

ADarksideJedi
The cult was called People of Hope and it is a Religion cult in NJ and for what I hear is still going on althrough it is more underground now.Anyway because the devil being a fallen angel I doubt it if it is the other way around.

Bardock42
The cult was called People of Hope and it is a Religion cult in NJ and for what I hear is still going on althrough it is more underground now.Anyway because the devil being a fallen angel I doubt it if it is the other way around.

But that's just what you heard. Maybe God is the fallen angel. And he's lying to you. He wrote the Bible to make himself seem like the good one, even though he's evil.

ADarksideJedi
He did not write the bible it was written by his followers.I would say that they know what they are talking about.

Mindship
But that's just what you heard. Maybe God is the fallen angel. And he's lying to you. He wrote the Bible to make himself seem like the good one, even though he's evil. Yeah, he's the one...

eat

Bardock42
He did not write the bible it was written by his followers.I would say that they know what they are talking about. If he's the master of lies he could have forged it all perfectly.

ExodusCloak
In Judaism Ha-Satan is not some sort of foil to God. He's an Angel that works for God.

amnesia
He did not write the bible it was written by his followers.I would say that they know what they are talking about.

It's the "word of god".

I am not a satanist, but I was wondering what people thought of the subject, and those who subscribe to this theology?

What people call devil worshiper or satanists are usually:

a) Practicers of non-christian religions denounced for worshipping 'false gods' that ae conflated with devils by christians, this includes pagans and neopagans.

b) People who are fascinated by the luciferian archetype and reclaim it it as a symbol of self-determination, non-conformism, originality, individualism and rebellion, such as the Laveyan types who are mostly atheists (ironically, most of them are actually extremelly unoriginal and merely imitate Lavey's intelctual production that wasn't all that original to begin with. they also made something of a worship of lavey's character out of their cult/philosophy)

c) It's possible there is half a dozen black metal mongoloids actually believing in and worshipping the christian/muslim demon in their mom's basements

Anyway, devil worshippers who sacrifice children are just an invention of retarded christians.

ADarksideJedi
It's the "word of god".

Yes but God did not write it his followers did.That is what I am trying to say, also true but I doubt it,What would be the point?

Bardock42
Yes but God did not write it his followers did.That is what I am trying to say, also true but I doubt it,What would be the point?

To mislead as many people as he can to hell...

ADarksideJedi
He already does that when ever we are tempted with stuff that are sinful so why do that too?

Bardock42
He already does that when ever we are tempted with stuff that are sinful so why do that too? Well, it would be a really easy way to get billions of people on the wrong track, with little chance of them ever repenting, cause they believe they know the truth...

ADarksideJedi
They will find out when they die and go to hell or somewhere else.Like I said he already tempts us so I doubt it if he would want everyone to think that he is God when he hates God.

Bardock42
They will find out when they die and go to hell or somewhere else.Like I said he already tempts us so I doubt it if he would want everyone to think that he is God when he hates God.

Maybe, it's just something to consider. It might be a pretty good strategy.

AsbestosFlaygon
Theistic Satanism is no different to Christianity.

It is the worship of a comic book character from the Bible, or it's 'Black' version (lulz?).

I might as well worship Pre-Retcon Beyonder since he is probably the strongest fictional character in all literature.

As to being a Satanist, it wholly depends on the person's judgment of what is right and what is wrong.
What is ethically/morally correct to one person, may not be to another, especially to one who follows his/her instincts instead of conscience.

Me... I'd rather follow the Constitution.

ADarksideJedi
Yea it does make sence but like I said it doubt it.

shiv
I'd rather follow the teachings in all the major religions islam christianity buddaism etc

Regardless if you agree or disagree about the concept and presence of God or "Gods" there is no denying a lot of knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation over the centuries through religious teachings.

If you say you're a satanist you're rebelling against history imo. Which is stupid.

Islam Christianity Buddaism and Countless Pagan Religions have respect for life at the core of their teachings. But they also advocate assertiveness

Example 1: Jesus kicking ass at the Temple

Example 2: Gideon using force to repel force when dialogue falied.

Example 3: Muhammed formulating the ethics of warfare (Islamic military jurisprudence) and creating a Nato Type millitary allience circa 630 AD in an effort to bring stability to a heavily millitarized region of the olde world

Example 4 Shaolin Monks creating strategic alliences with the Tang Dynasty

peterscj
As a satanist, I can surely say that satanism is not in any way the worship of satan. It is the denouncing of all supernatural deities. It focuses on empowerment of man and celebration of life. It would best be described as a subsect of Atheism. Any Satanist that kills is excommunicated from the church. any sort of law breaking is strictly forbidden. A bad satanist would no longer be considered a satanist

red g jacks
no, but it means you're hungry for attention

SamZED
Originally posted by peterscj
As a satanist, I can surely say that satanism is not in any way the worship of satan. It is the denouncing of all supernatural deities. It focuses on empowerment of man and celebration of life. It would best be described as a subsect of Atheism. Any Satanist that kills is excommunicated from the church. any sort of law breaking is strictly forbidden. A bad satanist would no longer be considered a satanist Then why associate yourself with a fictional figure if it basically has nothing to do with it?

long pig
Originally posted by SamZED
Then why associate yourself with a fictional figure if it basically has nothing to do with it?
Basically to be edgy.

Bardock42
Originally posted by SamZED
Then why associate yourself with a fictional figure if it basically has nothing to do with it?
Cause it is a figure in the most powerful mythology in the world. It gives you free exposure, as well as making your point in a neat shorthand, also it trolls a shitload of people....it's really just all upside....

long pig
Cause it is a figure in the most powerful mythology in the world. It gives you free exposure, as well as making your point in a neat shorthand, also it trolls a shitload of people....it's really just all upside....
The wiccan/satanist girl I dated pretty much just doing it to piss off Christians. Which tbh was fun, but its really not a serious religion. More of a social club for angry misfits.

AsbestosFlaygon
There are 2 types of Satanists: those who use it as a symbol for rebellion against religious organization, and those who worship Satan himself.

I see no point in worshipping anything evil. If you perform acts of crime to glorify Satan, I guess that makes you inherently evil.

Surtur
No it doesn't make you a bad person. It has nothing to do with the worship of some evil guy who tortures people in hell. But that is the image a lot of people get when they hear the word.

To them Satan was the poster child for rebellion. It's a bit more complex then that obviously, but that is the way in which they interpret Satan. Note that they don't actually believe Satan was real.

Here is the thing though, the biblical Satan didn't commit any atrocities on the level that God did. So if people did worship him why would it be bad? Can anyone answer this?

red g jacks
i've only ever met one "satanist" irl

he was a depressed metalhead i met at work

he looked and dressed like a metal head and you expected him to be evil and shit just looking at him

but when you got to know him you figured out that he was really peaceful and passive, i asked him to buy some cigs off him one time and he gave them to me and refused to take my money cause "it would bother him morally" or someshit like that

i was like wtf you're the worst satanist ever... lucifer would not be proud

red g jacks
Originally posted by Surtur
No it doesn't make you a bad person. It has nothing to do with the worship of some evil guy who tortures people in hell. But that is the image a lot of people get when they hear the word.

To them Satan was the poster child for rebellion. It's a bit more complex then that obviously, but that is the way in which they interpret Satan. Note that they don't actually believe Satan was real.

Here is the thing though, the biblical Satan didn't commit any atrocities on the level that God did. So if people did worship him why would it be bad? Can anyone answer this? do you get the sense from reading the bible stories that satan was rebelling out of some righteous cause?

because from what i remember about him, he basically just tries to subvert god's plans for the sake of doing so... it's a power play not a moral stance

and yea the biblical god by our modern standards didn't always act morally... but if you are a modern and secular person i would think you are capable of putting that into the context of the region and time that the biblical stories were made. just like you wouldn't judge the ancient greeks for revering gods that were at times cruel and indifferent to human suffering.

but the biblical god is clearly supposed to be a force of good, from the perspective of the ancient israelite. and satan is only there to subvert him. he's a force of destruction and decay.

so if you are a modern and secular person and you worship that... then yea it doesn't mean you are bad but it makes you look pretty silly imo.

Nibedicus
Athiests who call themselves Satanists do so to troll.

Are trolls bad people? Some would say yes, some would say no.

Unless they're Shrek. If so, then we'd have to take into context if we're talking about pre-Fiona Shrek or post-Fiona Shrek. And we can't really call pre-Fiona Shrek bad, either. Just cranky.

FinalAnswer
Shrek's an ogre you clod.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Shrek's an ogre you clod.

You're right.

Guess all trolls are just that then.

Unless they're them doll trolls. If so, then they're cute and fluffy toys with long hair.

Tho, I don't get the hostility. Bad coffee?

FinalAnswer
Coffee's a vile substance, and I will never understand why people drink it.

And I'm merely perturbed you would mistake the identity of the great, benevolent Shrek sneer

Nibedicus
Coffee's a vile substance, and I will never understand why people drink it.

And I'm merely perturbed you would mistake the identity of the great, benevolent Shrek sneer

I agree, never touch the stuff. I do notice ppl who drink it often tend to get cranky a lot. Was an unfair assumption on my part, I apologize.

Frankly, I'm surprised I got troll and ogre mixed up myself, I'm usually really in tune with animation/fantasy nomenclature.

red g jacks
coffee is an amazing luxury of the modern world

**** your life, coffee haters

FinalAnswer
Tea gives me the energy I need without destroying my body. sneer

Time-Immemorial
Actually coffee does not destroy your body you weakling.

red g jacks
studies have indicated that coffee helps prevent alzheimers... and its not the caffeine cause tea and other caffeinated products don't yeild the same results

so enjoy your alzheimers, tea drinkers laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270202.php

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/coffee-new-health-food?page=2

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by red g jacks
studies have indicated that coffee helps prevent alzheimers... and its not the caffeine cause tea and other caffeinated products don't yeild the same results

so enjoy your alzheimers, tea drinkers laughing out loud

only weak people get alzheimers in the first place.

Time-Immemorial
only weak people get alzheimers in the first place.

Weak people drink tea laughing out loud

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Real men drink tea.

Bentley

Everything fits!

I'm wary of studies since they are obviously sponsored by the interested parties. I mean, people say that a glass of wine gives health advantages too, but that's hardly the point of drinking wine, it's more of a sales argument.

Surtur
Originally posted by red g jacks
do you get the sense from reading the bible stories that satan was rebelling out of some righteous cause?

because from what i remember about him, he basically just tries to subvert god's plans for the sake of doing so... it's a power play not a moral stance

I don't think there was a righteous cause for the rebellion. I don't think it was good or bad. That is kind of the point.

You say the biblical God is supposed to be a force for good, but then before you were talking about essentially blaming it on the fact it was a different era in time.

Look I'm not a scholar, but I do know the biblical God murdered a lot more people then Satan. So if Satan is a force of destruction, I don't know what that makes God then?

It's no more silly then any other religion though.

Jmanghan
Isn't Satan literally the personification of everything evil?..

Yeah, yes.

It makes you a horrible person.

You can't be a satanist without wanting death and destruction or even the apocalypse, its what he, and all satanists practice.

If you're a satanist and you're a good person, you're doing it wrong.

Surtur
It's all about how one interprets things. Yes, if a person thinks Satan is evil and is worshipping him..that is messed up.

Jmanghan
It's all about how one interprets things. Yes, if a person thinks Satan is evil and is worshipping him..that is messed up.

What the hell else would they think?

Nobody thinks evil is good, and good is evil.

You see a homeless man, asking for money on the street.

What person thinks they are doing a service by beating the shit out of the homeless man instead?

red g jacks
You say the biblical God is supposed to be a force for good, but then before you were talking about essentially blaming it on the fact it was a different era in time.

Look I'm not a scholar, but I do know the biblical God murdered a lot more people then Satan. So if Satan is a force of destruction, I don't know what that makes God then?yea. by the ancient israelites standards he was a force for good. killing their enemies seemed like a good thing to them. i did make that disclaimer that i was talking about the p.o.v. of the ancient israelites.

ancient people were kind of ****ed up in general.... nothing especially violent about the abrahamic faiths compared to similar religions from that time.

i would agree except for the fact that there's a cultural legacy involved with the surviving religions... so it seems less silly to me that people might have irrational beliefs based on some cultural baggage than a supposed secular free thinking person inventing a new set of irrational beliefs.

red g jacks
and ftr i drink all forms of caffeinated beverages, including but not limited to various forms of tea. enjoy life trapped in your teabox, teaheads

AsbestosFlaygon
Satan represents evil.

If you're a Satanist that does not adhere to his principles of death, destruction, and decay... then you were never truly a Satanist in the first place.

The LaVey sect is nothing more than sex-hungry atheists hiding under the banner of Satan's image. If they don't worship and glorify Satan and everything evil, then it's nothing more than a fake Satanist cult.

Bentley
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Satan represents evil.

If you're a Satanist that does not adhere to his principles of death, destruction, and decay... then you were never truly a Satanist in the first place.

The LaVey sect is nothing more than sex-hungry atheists hiding under the banner of Satan's image. If they don't worship and glorify Satan and everything evil, then it's nothing more than a fake Satanist cult.

Satan not only represents evil, he also represent temptation (that's the origin of the world). If a Satan of any kind went on brutally wounding everyone, he could not probably make evil behavior attractive.

AsbestosFlaygon
But violence is attractive. Vices are attractive. What religious people call "sins" are "attractive."

People love violence. It is part of human nature -- to be violent, lustful, rebellious, hateful. The only things standing in the way of our chaotic ways are the law/constitution and what people call "morality."

Jesus McBurger
Satan represents evil.

LaVeys philosophy was a little more than that

Jesus McBurger
im pretty much a casual LaVayan satanists, never really was into the rituals

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan

What person thinks they are doing a service by beating the shit out of the homeless man instead?

There are some interpretations of Satan as not being evil..that was my point. Thus, if someone interprets Satan as a figure that isn't evil and worships him..that person isn't evil nor are they endorsing any kind of evil behavior.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Jmanghan

A really harsh Social Darwinist might.

Surtur
Technically pain releases endorphins..you're practically doing the homeless guy a favor.

red g jacks
all i know is Jmanghan's subconscious is informing me that he would very much like to beat the shit out of a homeless male

AsbestosFlaygon

long pig
In Hebrew school we were taught there were many satans.

AsbestosFlaygon
Probably. I, too, think that the snake from the Tree of Life was a "different Satan", not the angel Satan (Lucifer).

Star428
There is only one true Satan (though there are many other demons/fallen angels who mimic him). The serpent from Eden and the fallen angel Lucifer are one and the same.

peterscj
The important thing to remember is the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism. Satanists use Satan as a symbol of independence. Luciferians use him as a god. Why would atheistic satanists worship a biblical figure. They wouldnt

Surtur
So in conclusion being a Satanist does not automatically make you a bad person.

AsbestosFlaygon
The important thing to remember is the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism. Satanists use Satan as a symbol of independence. Luciferians use him as a god. Why would atheistic satanists worship a biblical figure. They wouldnt
That means Satanism is a fake cult established for atheists that uses Satan to encourage poser "Satanists" to satisfy their carnal desires and/or money laundering schemes.

For these reasons, it's inherently evil as Luciferianism is.

Genesis-Soldier
doesnt nessacarily make it a fake cult thou

anything with a religious belief, theme or ideal can be classified as a cult generally

just depends on any level of possible extentions

Surtur
That means Satanism is a fake cult established for atheists that uses Satan to encourage poser "Satanists" to satisfy their carnal desires and/or money laundering schemes.

For these reasons, it's inherently evil as Luciferianism is.

It's really not inherently evil though. Satan is a figure head due to his rebellious nature, a nature the group encourages. However, rebellion doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. They might interpret certain acts as rebellious that you would not, and vice versa.

Thus it wouldn't necessarily always fall on the negative/illegal side of things. I don't see money laundering as very rebellious though. Nothing rebellious about greed. Maybe if they laundered money and then burned it all like the Joker.

Tattoos N Scars

There are some black and death metal bands that do just that. Behemoth for example.

AsbestosFlaygon
Luciferianism is actually not evil.

True Satanism (the worship of the Devil as a godhead, and praising everything evil ) is what is inherently evil.

Digi
This whole discussion is somewhat hilarious to me...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

It was estimated that there were 50,000 Satanists in 1990. There may now be as many as one hundred thousand Satanists in the world

...it would legitimately be hard to talk about a smaller, more irrelevant sect on the planet, and still have it be a valid religious discussion.

Also, no one here is actually a Satanist, and I doubt anyone knows much outside of what they learned in a Google search (present company included). So like, the post above me talks about "True" Satanism, like that's even a thing, and is anything more than someone with a website and an audience the size of a sh*tty Youtube channel. And nevermind that I could take five minutes and find "official" Satanic texts, from the Satanic Bible no less, that disagree with AF's take on "true" Satanism. Nah, forget that. Let's just pretend our image of Satanism is actually true, whatever it happens to be; they're definitely all atheist trolls; they're also definitely all literal Satan worshippers; they're also definitely a bogeyman for paranoid Christian evangelicals looking for any excuse for a foil; but they definitely don't believe in a literal Satan; except for the true Satanists...they definitely do; and they definitely...etc.,etc.

So my only actual opinion is that you're all talking out of your asses.

Jmanghan
After talking to someone whose a satanist. She told me there are different facets of it. 3, in fact. 1. The traditional Luciferian belief. 2. Something I forget, may have to ask her later, and also, spiritual.

(On a sidenote, shes a damn sweetheart for being a satanist, very kind.) She also said that in Luciferian belief, you aren't allowed to kill humans, animals, or life in general. Just as well, in their belief, Satan doesn't want the destruction of the world. Imagine everything we believe God is, and replace it with Satan, pretty much.

She also said she doesn't hate God, but that there extremists for every religion, and that she wouldn't be surprised if a Satanist went around killing people and making Black Magic circles and sacrifices.

How did we come up on the subject? She told me people had refused to talk to her because of her religion. So, yeah.

Star428
LOL. I'm sorry but why would anyone trust someone who calls themselves a "Satanist"? To a Satanist, lying would be like breathing. Satan is the Prince of liars himself; so, why would people who say they're Satanists not be liars themselves?

If you don't want people to think that you believe in Satan then perhaps you shouldn't be calling yourself a "Satanist".

Surtur
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. I'm sorry but why would anyone trust someone who calls themselves a "Satanist"? To a Satanist, lying would be like breathing. Satan is the Prince of liars himself; so, why would people who say they're Satanists not be liars themselves?

If you don't want people to think that you believe in Satan then perhaps you shouldn't be calling yourself a "Satanist".

I'm being 100% serious when I ask you..who told you Satan was such a bad guy? Is it the bible you base this on?

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
There are some black and death metal bands that do just that. Behemoth for example.

Yeah but come on now..do you think they truly worship evil? I don't doubt they claim they do, but do you think these guys are honest to god evil? I just looked them up and I just can't help but laugh because the leader looks like a confused Matrix cosplayer.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/BehemothBAND.jpg

He appears to also be wearing a pentagram necklace.

Jmanghan

If you don't want people to think that you believe in Satan then perhaps you shouldn't be calling yourself a "Satanist". Like I said, according to her. In Luciferian belief, Satan is God, BASICALLY.

In their belief, he has the same morality and goals as God does, and is more merciful as well.

From what she told me.

I have no reason not to believe her. Sure, if I see a roose, I'll probably cut off ties from her, but if she was lying, she must be a pretty good liar.

Jesus McBurger
Does being a Christian make you a good person

Star428
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Does being a Christian make you a good person

If you really are a true Christian and not just one in name only, then yes. Actually, to be more accurate, it's more like only good people ever become true Christians to begin with. Of course, Christians can slip up like anyone else and do bad things. Only Christ is perfect and uncorruptible... Oh, and Superman too, of course. wink

Star428
If you really are a true Christian and not just one in name only, then yes. Actually, to be more accurate, it's more like only good people ever become true Christians to begin with. Of course, Christians can slip up like anyone else and do bad things. Only Christ is perfect and uncorruptible... Oh, and Superman too, of course. wink

Edit: "incorruptible" not "uncorruptible", obviously. Way too late to edit.

Surtur
Help me out here Star since you seem to be the Jesus expert. I'm trying to remember some of my Jesus stories from my younger days and need a few details fleshed out.

I'm thinking mainly of a story where Jesus is supposed to be like 12-13. For some reason his parents tell him not to go to a certain temple and he goes anyways. Do you know the story I speak of?

Surtur
I guess I'll share the reason I was curious about that story. Jesus is told not to go to temple by his parents, he goes anyways. People say Jesus was perfect and yet if that is true he broke at least one of the 10 commandments. Since for me disobeying what your parents say to you is not honoring them.

Like I said thankfully it has been a long time since I've been in a religion class so I could be wrong.

bluewaterrider
Help me out here Star since you seem to be the Jesus expert. I'm trying to remember some of my Jesus stories from my younger days and need a few details fleshed out.

I'm thinking mainly of a story where Jesus is supposed to be like 12-13. For some reason his parents tell him not to go to a certain temple and he goes anyways. Do you know the story I speak of?

I'm not Star, who may well have you on "Ignore", but the story you refer to is in Luke 2:42-52. Far from forbidding Jesus anything, it would appear Joseph and Mary were unaware he had even actually left them.

42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.

45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Bentley
Since for me disobeying what your parents say to you is not honoring them.

I'd say disobeying your parents to a greater end that ends up honoring them more hardly qualifies as a sin (against that particular comandment). He did not go against an explicit order of either of them either, at least not by the account given in the Gospels.

Surtur
If Joseph and Mary were unaware he left that would mean he left without their knowledge. More or less means he ran away/ditched them. Doesn't sound like shit a perfect being would do.

bluewaterrider
I actually came across a reasonably good article the other day that explained the case of "missing" young Jesus fairly well in depth. Click and read the following, please, and let me know what you think of it:

https://bible.org/seriespage/6-day-jesus-went-awol-luke-239-52

Bardock42
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I actually came across a reasonably good article the other day that explained the case of "missing" young Jesus fairly well in depth. Click and read the following, please, and let me know what you think of it:

https://bible.org/seriespage/6-day-jesus-went-awol-luke-239-52

Through the power of delusion and cognitive dissonance...

bluewaterrider
Through the power of delusion and cognitive dissonance...

Just out of curiosity, how MUCH "delusion" do you believe is involved here?
I mean, doubtless we're intended to assume you don't believe in God, let alone that Jesus Christ was and is God, but do you even believe there was such a person with that name living in the community? With parents named Mary and Joseph? Or do you not believe even that much?

Bardock42
Well, the evidence is not great, but I think it is feasible that someone with a similar name may have preached in the region at the time.

Star428
Who cares what atheists believe or don't believe? Their non-belief doesn't change what I know to be fact and, in the end, they're only hurting themselves when they continue to deny God's existence. thumb up

They're in for a rude awakening, to say the least.

Jmanghan
Who cares what atheists believe or don't believe? Their non-belief doesn't change what I know to be fact and, in the end, they're only hurting themselves when they continue to deny God's existence. thumb up

They're in for a rude awakening, to say the least. ...I'm a christian who was raised in a christian household, and even I know that there is no "proof" of God's existence.

Let-alone calling any of it "fact".

Jesus McBurger

They're in for a rude awakening, to say the least.
So scary

Adam_PoE
I am a member of The Satanic Temple of New York. What sort of person supports The Satanic Temple? I think an awesome person. laughing

Star428
So scary

Ignorance is bliss. Too bad that bliss will be shattered when you're burning in Hell. smile

Jesus McBurger
Ignorance is bliss. Too bad that bliss will be shattered when you're burning in Hell. smile
Only God would know if I went to hell or not... Not you

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I am a member of The Satanic Temple of New York. What sort of person supports The Satanic Temple? I think an awesome person. laughing
The satanic temple is a group of people who use their satanic look for edginess.... They are more of a political group than satanists.... I'm more on the Side of the cos that actually follows philosophy.....and why does the satanic temple attack the cos?

Bentley
If Joseph and Mary were unaware he left that would mean he left without their knowledge. More or less means he ran away/ditched them. Doesn't sound like shit a perfect being would do.

If you want to get technical there is a difference between being perfect and being without sin. A sin is technically an offense towards God, so as long as you're not offending God you can be as imperfect as you want.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bentley
If you want to get technical there is a difference between being perfect and being without sin. A sin is technically an offense towards God, so as long as you're not offending God you can be as imperfect as you want.

Ah but here is the kicker: plenty of religious folk describe the dude as sinless and perfect. My religion teacher in school, for instance, flat out said Jesus was perfect.

He isn't perfect though and that example I listed isn't even the only example that shows it. But now we go further: isn't Jesus technically his own father? Isn't Jesus an aspect of God? The bible was never too clear on this, first he's the son of God, then no wait he also IS God as well. But then he can't be God because by definition God is perfect, yes? Even a part of God should be perfect since..well, 1/100th of omnipotence is still omnipotence.

Orr are we entering into Dick Nixon territory where it's "not a sin if God does it" ?

Adam_PoE
The satanic temple is a group of people who use their satanic look for edginess.... They are more of a political group than satanists.... I'm more on the Side of the cos that actually follows philosophy.....and why does the satanic temple attack the cos?

The Satanic Temple is an organization of secularists who are mobilized to defend individual liberty and the separation of church and state.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Satanic Temple is an organization of secularists who are mobilized to defend individual liberty and the separation of church and state.

We all know you worship satan.

Jesus McBurger
They would like you to think that

Adam_PoE

Hail, Satan! evil face

Jesus McBurger
Hail Satan!

bluewaterrider
Stoic: I am not a satanist, but I was wondering what people thought of the subject, and those who subscribe to this theology?

Symmetric Chaos: Which kind of Satanism?

Stoic: Judeo Christian perspectives, are all I've got. So the terms used in the Bible/Torah precepts, would be the perspective of this thread ...
Unless ... Do you have any other perspectives on the subject?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I sometimes wonder if something happened while I was asleep or if someone put a Mickey in something I drank when I visit this place.

A Religion forum, run by avowed atheists?
Where many of the people name themselves after demons? Or even for the disguised form of "father of demons" in the case of one lapsed Mormon?
There's a lapsed Catholic telling me no one here is a Satanist despite this 5 year old thread being bumped by a person who claims he is one. Then again, that same lapsed Catholic currently has an altered form of the All-Seeing Eye as an avatar, and tells me a conglomeration of several thousand people is all but insignificant in a year where I've seen the will of exactly ONE person override the voting objections of millions. Then I am presented with a shield bearing the image of the Serpent when reading the posts of one claiming to be Christian as another poster with "Jesus" being part of his screenname gives welcome greeting to the Devil himself. Considered seriously, even for a moment, it's ... a bit much to take in. I'm tempted to say it makes little sense. Unfortunately, that's not true. It's absurd, to be sure, but it makes quite a bit of sense, if, going by the original poster, it is genuinely considered from a Biblical perspective.

Stoic, if you're actually curious and taking your definitions of "good and bad" from the perspective of the Bible (as alluded to in your second post in this thread), your premise might be wrong.

"Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?" presupposes there is such a thing as a good person who can be examined for contrast.

Does that idea find support in the Bible?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 What then? are we better ? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-3-10/

Bardock42
"Or even for the disguised form of "father of demons" in the case of one lapsed Mormon? "

LOOOOOOL

Are you talking about dadudemon?

You get that his name is "Da Dude Mon", like a Jamaican version of "The Dude Man". Not "Dadu Demon" or "Dad u Demon"....

Surtur
To be fair if Satan was truly a thing I'd totally worship the guy. I bet he throws good parties.

Star428
The shield of Superman insignia does not represent Satan. Gimme a ****ing break. Considering how Blue is always dissing Superman in CBvF and claiming a character like friggin' Wonder Woman, who is much weaker, slower, and just overall much less powerful than he is, can actually beat him it's really no surprise that he would bash Superman like this. Guess he's still butthurt over all the people who shut down his ridiculous arguments that she has a solid chance of beating a non-handicapped serious Superman. Claiming a character like Superman (THE most moral of ALL fictional heroes) represents or fights for Satan is pretty low though and never thought someone like Blue would hint at such an absurdity like that. Guess he hates Kal-El even more than I thought he did to make such a baseless accusation like that.

Blue also claims to be a Christian yet he has the nerve to claim that Baptists aren't Christians (as he said in a thread already in GDF). LOL.

Jesus McBurger
As a satanist, I can surely say that satanism is not in any way the worship of satan. It is the denouncing of all supernatural deities. It focuses on empowerment of man and celebration of life. It would best be described as a subsect of Atheism. Any Satanist that kills is excommunicated from the church. any sort of law breaking is strictly forbidden. A bad satanist would no longer be considered a satanist
I'm taking you're LaVayan like me

Jesus McBurger
But on to the question..... Really it's all in perspective. To star what I believe is evil. To other people it may be viewed as good.

Genesis-Soldier
no such thing as evil because there is no such thing as good

JesusMcBurger is right, It's all a matter of perspective and comparison to set social morals

Star428
"No such thing as evil".

Yeah... right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Might as well go ahead and say there's no such thing as gravity too while you're at it. thumb up

Jesus McBurger
"No such thing as evil".

Yeah... right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Might as well go ahead and say there's no such thing as gravity too while you're at it. thumb up
You can't prove that evil exists but you can prove that gravity exists.

Ayelewis
Well I love the way Satanists condemn catholic kiddie rape, satanists having a higher moral code than Catholics, gotta love it

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Ayelewis
Well I love the way Satanists condemn catholic kiddie rape, satanists having a higher moral code than Catholics, gotta love it
Catholics just got roasted

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>