Travis Touchdown vs. Duke Nukem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

killermover
In a trash talking contest which eventually leads to a fight. Who wins?

mechagoomba
Im not sure what Travis can do but im going to say the Duke anyway.

Sin_Volvagia
Duke Nukem because he has balls of steel.

Kazenji
The Duke has alot of weapons to use from the pentagon.

Esomark
Duke will rip off his head and sh*t down his neck.

killermover
What are Duke's feats, I've forgot.

Demonic Phoenix
If it's a fist-fight, Travis prolly wins.

Otherwise, Duke blows Travis into smithereens while smoking a cigar.

mechagoomba
I dont know, I think duke would win in a fist fight.

Though to be honest I remember very little of Travis in No More Heros and I missed out on the sequel.

BloodRawEngine
Wasn't this done before? Either that or it was with Master Chief (in place of Duke).

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by killermover
What are Duke's feats, I've forgot. Defeating an alien race, ripping off the heads of giant monsters (and much faster than Kratos), being practically immortal amongst other things.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
If it's a fist-fight, Travis prolly wins.

I still think Duke wins in that area too.

killermover
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Defeating an alien race, ripping off the heads of giant monsters (and much faster than Kratos), being practically immortal amongst other things. Travis, despite being an otaku, is a very formidable assassin, having learned how to wield a sword from correspondence tapes, and is able to grapple from his own former training in Calgary to being inspired and mimicking certain moves by seeing various wrestling tapes.

After becoming acquainted with Randall Lovikov, the town drunk, Travis is taught special techniques that compliment his arsenal of combat skills.

When properly provoked, Travis can snap into a "Dark Side" mode (that in game is accessed by lining up three objects in a slot machine mini game after killing a foe). When in Dark Side, he gains superhuman strength, speed, invincibility, and powers that can affect reality, to sometimes resorting to cheating and unfair methods.

His preferred weapon are beam katanas, and can also be upgraded throughout the game, initially starting with the Blood Berry, followed by the durable Tsubaki, the heavily upgraded and empowered Tsubaki Mk-II (which comprises five rotating beams, and requires more finesse to wield), the Tsubaki Mk-III, a very showy beam katana designed from the beam Samurai sword of Travis' mentor, Thunder Ryu, the Peony, a slow, but powerful "giant beam katana' capable of expanding its blade, and the Rose Nasty, versatile dual katanas made for fast killing.

He also shows to have some resistance to firearms, one instance being when Helter-Skelter riddled Travis with bullets and rockets, culminating with absolutely no effects. This also may have been related to the robe he was wearing at the time, however. Despite this, Travis managed to survive many deadly attacks without the robe, ranging from a series of energy blasts, three consecutive close range grenade explosions, to a death blow to the chest.

He's hypersonic, has the super human durabilty to survive space station lasers, and has the strenth to earthquake a hotel while having sex. And he's beaten an immortal before.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by killermover
Travis, despite being an otaku, is a very formidable assassin, having learned how to wield a sword from correspondence tapes, and is able to grapple from his own former training in Calgary to being inspired and mimicking certain moves by seeing various wrestling tapes.

After becoming acquainted with Randall Lovikov, the town drunk, Travis is taught special techniques that compliment his arsenal of combat skills.

When properly provoked, Travis can snap into a "Dark Side" mode (that in game is accessed by lining up three objects in a slot machine mini game after killing a foe). When in Dark Side, he gains superhuman strength, speed, invincibility, and powers that can affect reality, to sometimes resorting to cheating and unfair methods.

His preferred weapon are beam katanas, and can also be upgraded throughout the game, initially starting with the Blood Berry, followed by the durable Tsubaki, the heavily upgraded and empowered Tsubaki Mk-II (which comprises five rotating beams, and requires more finesse to wield), the Tsubaki Mk-III, a very showy beam katana designed from the beam Samurai sword of Travis' mentor, Thunder Ryu, the Peony, a slow, but powerful "giant beam katana' capable of expanding its blade, and the Rose Nasty, versatile dual katanas made for fast killing.

He also shows to have some resistance to firearms, one instance being when Helter-Skelter riddled Travis with bullets and rockets, culminating with absolutely no effects. This also may have been related to the robe he was wearing at the time, however. Despite this, Travis managed to survive many deadly attacks without the robe, ranging from a series of energy blasts, three consecutive close range grenade explosions, to a death blow to the chest.

He's hypersonic, has the super human durabilty to survive space station lasers, and has the strenth to earthquake a hotel while having sex. And he's beaten an immortal before. Duke just shrinks him and steps on him. He has no immunity to this.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I was looking for a Duke thread, I remember you making this one for me.

menokokoro
duke wins, after having sex with the models that are so conveniently located, on the battle field.

actually, i don't know who travis is, i just wanted to make a comment

killermover
Duke just shrinks him and steps on him. He has no immunity to this.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I was looking for a Duke thread, I remember you making this one for me. Duke has no durablity or agilty feats that allows him to take what Travis can dish out.

Tha C-Master
And you got this from where?

Travis can't take a buttload of Duke's weapons.

Kazenji
Duke could always use a time machine to when Travis was a baby and do something nasty or even wipe out his ancestors.

Tha C-Master
Duke has plenty of options for this matchup.

No End N Site
We need a NEW Duke tittle. I tried to play my cousin's on the PC and mine wasn't powerful enough. The only game I try to play on the PC doesn't even work.

Kazenji
That Duke Nukem 3D you can get working on XP without no problems and no Dosbox.......well i can erm

as for new a Duke game theres Duke Nukem Forever to look foward to next year.

No End N Site
'Really computer illiterate (so idk what a dosbox is) and for the life of me , I couldn't get it to work on XP or 7.

Kazenji
Dosbox is a thing you use to get alot of the older games to work on XP

its a free download but like i said i did'nt need it.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by No End N Site
We need a NEW Duke tittle. I tried to play my cousin's on the PC and mine wasn't powerful enough. The only game I try to play on the PC doesn't even work. You can play any of them, just get Eduke.

Now that newest version is more demanding than Crysis, so you'd need a top notch comp to play it. But you can play the classic just fine.

Kazenji
I tried getting that Eduke working but then i found you need the Atomic Edition which i don't have.

Tha C-Master
You can still buy it, it costs like 12 bucks (I think), you'd have to go to the official site.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Kazenji
Dosbox is a thing you use to get alot of the older games to work on XP

its a free download but like i said i did'nt need it.

Thanx! Looks like I might need it. Gonna google "dosbox".

You can play any of them, just get Eduke.

Now that newest version is more demanding than Crysis, so you'd need a top notch comp to play it. But you can play the classic just fine.

I will google that as well, I know the newer one you mentioned is 'way' outta my league. The PC version of SFIV wouldn't even work on my PC. I guess it's not really disgned for gaming

Tha C-Master
Play the classic version then.

No End N Site
Wait a minute dudes, can I play any of the Dukes on Mame? I got Mame to work pretty good.

Tha C-Master
Nope, it isn't an arcade game. stick out tongue

Kazenji
If have Xbox live you can download it not sure if its on the Playstation network.

Tha C-Master
I still have the console ports too. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.