Whiplash vs Dr Octopus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Whiplash Near the begening of ironman 2 where he has whips only

vs

Dr Octopus from Spiderman 2

who wins ?

again this is whiplash with only the whips when stark was on the track. not whiplash near the end of the movie

the ninjak
Considering the Tentacles could handle heat as strong or close to the Sun. I'm not sure if Whiplashes whips would harm them.

If not then Ock wins.

RE: Blaxican
Ock lol slaughters. Whiplash wasn't even a threat to Tony when all Tony had was a car.

Kaibs
Doc Ock destroys Whiplash.

Placidity
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Ock lol slaughters. Whiplash wasn't even a threat to Tony when all Tony had was a car.

Um... what?

D3OjsaTG4I4

I don't think this is a stomp, Whiplash could get a few wins.

Kaibs
Whiplash might get a hit or two in but nothing suggests he can beat Doc Ock.

B6fQM92fTCg

Lf3BjsODxGA

Skip ahead in both videos.

Placidity
Originally posted by Kaibs
Whiplash might get a hit or two in but nothing suggests he can beat Doc Ock.

B6fQM92fTCg

Lf3BjsODxGA

Skip ahead in both videos.

I'm well aware of Ock's capabilities. But if Whiplash gets a hit or two in like you said, its over immediately.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm well aware of Ock's capabilities. But if Whiplash gets a hit or two in like you said, its over immediately.

But him getting that hit in is just to much of a slim possibility considering Ock has his arms blocking everything virtually Whip would throw at him.

Placidity
But him getting that hit in is just to much of a slim possibility considering Ock has his arms blocking everything virtually Whip would throw at him.

Yeah, which is why I think Ock wins, but I'd say Ock's defenses aren't as invincible as you guys believe (Spidey got many hits in), hence Whiplash could get a few wins.

Kaibs
Yes but.... Whiplash is no Spidey lol. Spidey is way more agille, faster, and fights way smarter.

Placidity
Yes but.... Whiplash is no Spidey lol. Spidey is way more agille, faster, and fights way smarter.

Yes I know, but thats the only comparison I could make since Whippy and Ock have never fought on screen smile

Is Spidey faster than a superduper whip? I dunno, probably not in some of the scenes which he lands hits on Ock. It's smaller though, so it'll be easier to get through.

Kaibs
Spidey himself isn't, but I'm inclined to believe his webbing is.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

And Doc Ock has his magical rocket ship........

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
And Doc Ock has his magical rocket ship........

He does? Oh well it is a stomp

the ninjak
Ock could move around the environment much easier than Whiplash ever can.

Darth Martin
The question is would the whips cut the tentacles. The point has already been brought up that Ock was dealing with temperatures comparable to the sun. But, we know for a fact, that Whiplash was doing major damage to Iron Man's Mark V portable armor. Not so much to the Mark VI.

chomperx9
i think it all depends on who makes the 1st move. Docs tentacles move alot faster than Whiplashes arms. and even if Docs arms can take the heat of the temperature of the sun can it handle that hight amount of eletrical voltage on the whips that messed up iron mans system ?

and the tentacles are attached to ottos back. so again i think it matters who makes the 1st move.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, which is why I think Ock wins, but I'd say Ock's defenses aren't as invincible as you guys believe (Spidey got many hits in), hence Whiplash could get a few wins.

Yeah, but that's Spiderman.

Ock would catch Whiplashs' whips with his tentacles and simply rip them out of Whiplashs' control. Whiplash has to get passed Ocks Tentacles...,i just don't see that ever happening.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The question is would the whips cut the tentacles. The point has already been brought up that Ock was dealing with temperatures comparable to the sun. But, we know for a fact, that Whiplash was doing major damage to Iron Man's Mark V portable armor. Not so much to the Mark VI.

I wouldn't say major damage. There is no way to tell just how much damage Whiplashs' whips were causing to Stars Armor. Yeah, he certainly caused some superficial damage but the fact that Stark didn't even go to flight mode seems to suggest to me that he never felt threatened. He wrapped himself in Whiplashs' whips and that seemed to do absolutely nothing to Iron Mans armor other than tarnish the paint job.

chomperx9
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, but that's Spiderman.

Ock would catch Whiplashs' whips with his tentacles and simply rip them out of Whiplashs' control. Whiplash has to get passed Ocks Tentacles...,i just don't see that ever happening. how many volts of electricity was going through those whips ? I mean if it can cut through cars then how would it not shock the hell out of otto ? and ottos tentacles are attached to his skin.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by chomperx9
how many volts of electricity was going through those whips ? I mean if it can cut through cars then how would it not shock the hell out of otto ? and ottos tentacles are attached to his skin.

That's a good point. I suppose if Adamantium is a conductor for electricity then Whiplash has much better odds. Although, Ock is still more than capable of keeping himself at bay from those Whips. If those tentacles were able to keep up with Spiderman and keep him from getting to Ock i think they'd be able avoid Whiplash because once Whiplash misses with those whips i don't think he would have a chance to regather himself before the tentacles impale him.

chomperx9
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
That's a good point. I suppose if Adamantium is a conductor for electricity then Whiplash has much better odds. Although, Ock is still more than capable of keeping himself at bay from those Whips. If those tentacles were able to keep up with Spiderman and keep him from getting to Ock i think they'd be able avoid Whiplash because once Whiplash misses with those whips i don't think he would have a chance to regather himself before the tentacles impale him. I agree. Like i said on my 1st post I think it all matters on who lands the 1st hit

Kaibs
Ock's tentacles would all be moving at Whiplash in different directions at a way faster speed than he can react. Whiplash has 2 arms and a whip in each arm. There's no way he can:

1. Defend all the tentacles at the same time.

2. If he attacked first he'd leave himself open for Ock's other 2 tentacles while he blocked his 2 whips with 2 of his own tentacles.

Either way he dies instantly after his head being crushed.

DarkNemesis
I agree with Kaibs, It's four tentacles against two whips, with the four traveling far quicker than the two as well. Doc Ock should win this.

chomperx9
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
I agree with Kaibs, It's four tentacles against two whips, with the four traveling far quicker than the two as well. Doc Ock should win this. I most definitely agree with Docs Tentacles moving a hell alot faster and he has more to defend himself but all it would take is one touch on to one of the Tentacles to shock the hell out of otto since they are attached to his skin on the back.

Kaibs
1) We don't know that his tentacles are made of a good conductor for his whips.

2) It still doesn't matter. As soon as Doc moves he's done.

chomperx9
1) We don't know that his tentacles are made of a good conductor for his whips.

2) It still doesn't matter. As soon as Doc moves he's done. like i said it all matters on who makes the 1st move.

Kaibs
No. It doesn't. Whiplash can still make the first move, and he'd still lose. Ock would just evade him. Which he's fully capable of doing.

KingD19
Well metal in general is an excellent conductor, and the voltage that Whiplash puts out should be enough to do some major damage to Doc if he connects with a tentacle.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
Well metal in general is an excellent conductor, and the voltage that Whiplash puts out should be enough to do some major damage to Doc if he connects with a tentacle. all it would take is one little touch.

Kaibs
Originally posted by KingD19
Well metal in general is an excellent conductor, and the voltage that Whiplash puts out should be enough to do some major damage to Doc if he connects with a tentacle.

I am definitely inclined to agree. But you never know I suppose.

He better have John McClane type luck then. Which he doesn't have.

BruceSkywalker
seen the movies, read the thread..

Doc Ock wins, he is stronger and faster than Whiplash.. Ock will easily block his moves with two tentacles and with the other two either stab him to death or crush him

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seen the movies, read the thread..

Doc Ock wins, he is stronger and faster than Whiplash.. Ock will easily block his moves with two tentacles and with the other two either stab him to death or crush him If he blocks the whips he is making contact with them and that would shock otto

Kaibs
Otto can live through a shock. Whiplash isn't living from getting his head torn off.

Placidity
Otto can live through a shock. Whiplash isn't living from getting his head torn off.

Otto isn't living through anything. The current on those things are so high, they get hot enough to melt through metals easily.

NemeBro
If he blocks the whips he is making contact with them and that would shock otto Actually you are completely and totally wrong.

Ock's tentacles were insulators, they were shitty conductors, as stated by Ock, if they were not the near sun level heat ould have conducted its way to Ock's back and melted his spine.

Then there is the fact that Ock's tentacles are much faster than Whiplash and his whips, they are stronger, and he has more of them.

Kaibs
It didn't melt through Iron Man's armor did it?

Also if the whip's heat was hot enough and he just cut through his tentacle that would screw him more than helping him as it wouldn't shock him then would it? Just a theory though.

Kaibs
Originally posted by NemeBro
Actually you are completely and totally wrong.

Ock's tentacles were insulators, they were shitty conductors, as stated by Ock, if they were not the near sun level heat ould have conducted its way to Ock's back and melted his spine.

Then there is the fact that Ock's tentacles are much faster than Whiplash and his whips, they are stronger, and he has more of them.

QFT

I actually mentioned something about conductors earlier. So thanks for that.

Placidity
It didn't melt through Iron Man's armor did it?

Well, it did melt the portable suit, just didn't slice through it instantly like it did to the cars.

Logically, yes. Movie-logic, not really.

1:45

TiOUGNElI64

Then there is the fact that Ock's tentacles are much faster than Whiplash and his whips...

Well, Whiplash did deflect one of Iron Man's blasts.

chomperx9
Otto can live through a shock. WTF ?

chomperx9

Then there is the fact that Ock's tentacles are much faster than Whiplash and his whips, they are stronger, and he has more of them. there is a Huge amount of voltage going through those whips like ive stated many times if one of the whips makes contacs with one of the tentacles it will shock the hell out of him since they are attached to his skin on the back.

NemeBro
Logically, yes. Movie-logic, not really.

1:45

TiOUGNElI64 Was this intended to prove me wrong?

The fusion directly hit the inhibitor chip, and Ock himself.

NemeBro
there is a Huge amount of voltage going through those whips like ive stated many times if one of the whips makes contacs with one of the tentacles it will shock the hell out of him since they are attached to his skin on the back. So I guess you cannot read?

chomperx9
So I guess you cannot read? please inform me what i miss read

Robtard
Ock, easy.

Whiplash swings his arm(s) for a whip; Ock removes his head.

Placidity
Was this intended to prove me wrong?

The fusion directly hit the inhibitor chip, and Ock himself.

Actually you can see the electricity travels up the metal spine. Electricity can also be seen being conducted around his tentacles and harness.

chomperx9
Also Otto did get shocked in spiderman 2. I fogot what parker did but he stabbed ottos arms with something with voltage and shocked the hell out of otto

Impediment
Ock has 4 appendages.

Whiplash has 2.

Do the math.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Impediment
Ock has 4 appendages.

Whiplash has 2.

Do the math. still though just any contact with the whips and by by otto. they both have a shot at wining

Impediment
Whiplash swings at Ock with two whips.

Ock has two remaining appendages.

Said two appendages skewer Whiplash.

/thread.

Placidity
Whiplash wins.

/thread.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Impediment
Whiplash swings at Ock with two whips.

Ock has two remaining appendages.

Said two appendages skewer Whiplash.

/thread. two remaining ? im not talking about whiplash cutting off ottos tentacles. im saying he gets shocked to death since the tentacles are attached to his skin on the back. if you watch spiderman 2 again in one of the fights i remember parker shocking ottos tentacles.

Impediment
Ock showed far better agility, almost comparable to Spidey, than Whiplash did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.