Who was Rocky's toughest opponent?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I can't decide between Ivan or Apollo myself

Kaibs
Apollo all the way man.

§P0oONY
I will crush you.

It's between Lang and Drago... but Drago takes it.

steverules_2
I think the second time Apollo fought Rocky Apollo was much more tougher than first time around, he took his training much more seriously for his second bout with Rocko

Rogue Jedi
Creed 2.0. What steve said.

steverules_2
big grin Ivan Drago did put up a good fight...but I think I would say Apollo in Rocky II for the simple fact that Drago used steroids to get to where he was

Rogue Jedi
Rocky versus Drago was a straight up brawl. Creed was toughest because of his speed.

ADarksideJedi
I would say the Ivan Drago he was pretty tough and I liked him.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Rocky versus Drago was a straight up brawl. Creed was toughest because of his speed.

Well the fight with Drago wasn't even a sanctioned boxing match was it?

ADarksideJedi
I think it was.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by steverules_2
Well the fight with Drago wasn't even a sanctioned boxing match was it? Nope. No title was stake, no money paid.

Alpha-7
I would say that Apoolo in Rocky II was the toughest challenge.

steverules_2
Nope. No title was stake, no money paid.

I thought as much. I've seen Rocky IV multiple times and remember it being mentioned that the fight was non-sanctioned fight, plus the fact that Rocky and Drago were throwing each other around the ring and drago grabbing Rocky and punching him right in the face.

§P0oONY
Rocky was at his peak when he faced Ivan Drago and it was still his hardest victory. Ivan Drago KILLED Apollo Creed in seconds (Granted Apollo wasn't at his best... but still.)

Robtard
Acting, that's what. /thread

steverules_2
Well thats cause he trained so f*cking hard, even Duke said he'd have to go through hell

majid86
Clubber for me.

jinXed by JaNx
Apollo, easily. At peak physical performance it took, Rocky two attempts to beat Creed and he almost didn't even win the second time around. Mr T beat, Rocky but after during the rematch when Rocky was focused and physically fit he embarrassed him. As for, Drago...,to me, he seemed to have more trouble with, Apollo, considering that he actually lost.

steverules_2
I think that if Rocky hadn't knocked out Drago in the 15th round that the fight probably woulda gone to the Russian

K.Diddy
smokin' Drago easily,that guy was pretty much superhuman

steverules_2
Yet Rocky still KOed him

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Apollo, easily. At peak physical performance it took, Rocky two attempts to beat Creed and he almost didn't even win the second time around. Mr T beat, Rocky but after during the rematch when Rocky was focused and physically fit he embarrassed him. As for, Drago...,to me, he seemed to have more trouble with, Apollo, considering that he actually lost. thumb up

ADarksideJedi
Yea Drago is winning!He did btw use drugs to make him like that.

§P0oONY
Apollo, easily. At peak physical performance it took, Rocky two attempts to beat Creed and he almost didn't even win the second time around. Mr T beat, Rocky but after during the rematch when Rocky was focused and physically fit he embarrassed him. As for, Drago...,to me, he seemed to have more trouble with, Apollo, considering that he actually lost. Yeah.... but Rocky was not at his prime then. His first fight wth Apollo was his first fight out of the little clubs.
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Yea Drago is winning!He did btw use drugs to make him like that. And this maeks Drago a more likely candidate for toughest opponent.

Rogue Jedi
I change my vote. Lang. Rocky had to literally retrain to beat him.

§P0oONY
Let's be fair though... All his training did in Rocky III was make him gay. 0JGSKjvpfBY

steverules_2
Yeah I questioned why Rocky and Apollo jumped in the ocean in really short shorts and start hugging each other and jumping around...

-Pr-
it's called male bonding, duh. stick out tongue

if you mean toughest by toughest to beat, i'd say apollo. rocky had enough hate and anger against drago that it carried him through i think.

the toughest actual guy though? drago.

steverules_2
I'm not into that kind of male bonding ha-son

Rocky won it for his wife in Rocky II, her telling him to win pushed him to train harder and work harder to win...he didn't wanna dissapoint her...kinda wonder what woulda happened if he'd lost

FistOfThe North
yea I say i. drago. he caused rocko's brain damage. and that was after he killed his best friend. plus the dude was a physical monster. he had clear and easy height and reach advantages over rock. and he was on 'roids.

"....I must break you." lol I loved that. that one and "I am champion. I cannot be defeated. if he dies, he dies..." followed by the cold stare at rock. it's the best rocky movie imo.

Sgt.Shakedown
Lang was his toughest in my opinion.

steverules_2
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yea I say i. drago. he caused rocko's brain damage. and that was after he killed his best friend. plus the dude was a physical monster. he had clear and easy height and reach advantages over rock. and he was on 'roids.

"....I must break you." lol I loved that. that one and "I am champion. I cannot be defeated. if he dies, he dies..." followed by the cold stare at rock. it's the best rocky movie imo.

Well Rocky didn't have brain damage he had a bad concussion hence why he was able to fight again in Rocky Balboa...but yeah

K.Diddy
erm I'm suprised at the number of votes Apollo is getting,I think people need to remember that Rocky was only a chump when he first fought Apollo,If he fought Apollo in Rocky 3 or 4 I think Rocky would of kicked his ass easily

§P0oONY
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm I'm suprised at the number of votes Apollo is getting,I think people need to remember that Rocky was only a chump when he first fought Apollo,If he fought Apollo in Rocky 3 or 4 I think Rocky would of kicked his ass easily I agree, I kind of feel people are just going for Creed because he was in the first and second film.

steverules_2
I'm going for Creed because he managed to take Rocko to the limit without roids

§P0oONY
I'm going for Creed because he managed to take Rocko to the limit without roids That isn't a valid reason.

steverules_2
Yes it is

Mr. Rhythmic
If we're comparing them all together as fighters, Drago's the best. However, if we mean at-the-moment, it's too hard to tell. All I know is that Dixon and Gunn aren't even close.

§P0oONY
Yes it is Of coruse it's not... The fact that Drago was on steroids just increases his toughness.

The thread isn't "Which of Rocky's opponents is the toughest while fighting fairly".

The Nuul
His wife. He'd beat any fighter out there.

steverules_2
Originally posted by §P0oONY
Of coruse it's not... The fact that Drago was on steroids just increases his toughness.

The thread isn't "Which of Rocky's opponents is the toughest while fighting fairly".

Never said it was...you asked me for me for a valid reason and I gave one, he trained fairly....I have given a valid reason. I'm not saying that you should change your decision so why should I change mine? To me, Creed was the toughest because he trained without the use of drugs, excuse me for going for a guy who decided NOT to use roids. glare

§P0oONY
Never said it was...you asked me for me for a valid reason and I gave one, he trained fairly....I have given a valid reason. I'm not saying that you should change your decision so why should I change mine? To me, Creed was the toughest because he trained without the use of drugs, excuse me for going for a guy who decided NOT to use roids. glare You're simplynot being objective.

steverules_2
I admit that Drago was tough, but I still think Creed was Rocky's toughest opponent, he beat Creed by 1 second...he beat Drago by 10. In both cases however if Rocky hadn't KOed either, then they both woulda won. But I think Creed was more dominant of Rocky than Drago was...I mean sure the first round Drago was very dominant of Rocky but as the fight went on it was even.

Mr. Rhythmic
I admit that Drago was tough, but I still think Creed was Rocky's toughest opponent, he beat Creed by 1 second...he beat Drago by 10. In both cases however if Rocky hadn't KOed either, then they both woulda won. But I think Creed was more dominant of Rocky than Drago was...I mean sure the first round Drago was very dominant of Rocky but as the fight went on it was even.

I think the stake level was different, though. He wanted to prove that he could fight Creed. Drago killed his best friend. The amount of work put into those fights were different.

steverules_2
I agree, I think I mentioned this before but I will again, Duke himself said that the training Rocky would be putting himself through would be hell...or something a long those lines, he trained himself much harder for his fight against Drago. But for me it's still Creed, I agree that Drago's a tough cookie but I still think he went through a tougher fight with Creed.

K.Diddy
I agree, I think I mentioned this before but I will again, Duke himself said that the training Rocky would be putting himself through would be hell...or something a long those lines, he trained himself much harder for his fight against Drago. But for me it's still Creed, I agree that Drago's a tough cookie but I still think he went through a tougher fight with Creed.

erm Yes,but the point I'm trying to make is Rocky was just an up and comer when he fought Creed,I even got talking about this thread at work today and everyone says Drago was rocky's toughest opponent

ares834
Ivan Drago. No contest.

steverules_2
erm Yes,but the point I'm trying to make is Rocky was just an up and comer when he fought Creed,I even got talking about this thread at work today and everyone says Drago was rocky's toughest opponent

Creed was tough yes...but to me not the toughest, I still go with Creed

K.Diddy
Creed was tough yes...but to me not the toughest

smile Agreed

smile Drago was

steverules_2
Well I did enjoy Rocky IV quite a lot

K.Diddy
Well I did enjoy Rocky IV quite a lot

What the f**k? Did you not notice the mistake in your post?

erm Anyway,So I guess your saying Creed could beat Drago as well then?

K.Diddy
Apollo, easily. At peak physical performance it took, Rocky two attempts to beat Creed and he almost didn't even win the second time around. Mr T beat, Rocky but after during the rematch when Rocky was focused and physically fit he embarrassed him. As for, Drago...,to me, he seemed to have more trouble with, Apollo, considering that he actually lost.

roll eyes (sarcastic) The first time Apollo fought Rocky,Rocky was just an up and comer,So for him to pretty much reach a draw with Apollo in the first film when Rocky was nowhere even near his peak proves that Apollo really was not even that good,Drago would beat Apollo at his peak easily

steverules_2
What the f**k? Did you not notice the mistake in your post?

erm Anyway,So I guess your saying Creed could beat Drago as well then?

The fact that I liked Rocky IV is not a mistake, saying it's better than the past Rocky movies would be a mistake smile Hey I'm allowed my own opinion.

I think if Apollo had done the training that Rocky did then maybe, but I think Rocky is more durable than Rocky, he didn't take his training seriously and that was his biggest mistake and ultimately lead to his death. He also made the mistake of underestimating Drago.

K.Diddy
The fact that I liked Rocky IV is not a mistake, saying it's better than the past Rocky movies would be a mistake smile Hey I'm allowed my own opinion.

I think if Apollo had done the training that Rocky did then maybe, but I think Rocky is more durable than Rocky, he didn't take his training seriously and that was his biggest mistake and ultimately lead to his death. He also made the mistake of underestimating Drago.

smile This mistake-Creed was tough yes...but to me not the toughest, I still go with Creed

And again smile but I think Rocky is more durable than Rocky,

roll eyes (sarcastic) Doesn't make sense

erm Anyway,I dont see how Apollo could beat Drago whether he did Rocky's training or not,I mean look how easily Drago killed him,So Apollo would have no chance beating him.Drago is the toughest opponent easily

the ninjak
Drago was a steroid enhanced killing machine.

Rocky just has super human durability so he cancelled him out.

Kinda like when Homer became a boxer.

Between Mr T and Drago, Drago wins.

MoOon
Drago.

steverules_2
smile This mistake-Creed was tough yes...but to me not the toughest, I still go with Creed

And again smile but I think Rocky is more durable than Rocky,

roll eyes (sarcastic) Doesn't make sense

erm Anyway,I dont see how Apollo could beat Drago whether he did Rocky's training or not,I mean look how easily Drago killed him,So Apollo would have no chance beating him.Drago is the toughest opponent easily

Yeah I wasn't 100% awake but here we go

1: Drago was tough yes...but to me not the toughest, I still go with Creed
2: But I think Rocky is more durable than Creed

Because Creed didn't train properly, if Rocky had done the training that Creed had done first time around he would have lost as well. I'm gonna use Rocky III as an example, in Rocky III first time around we saw that Rocky wasn't really trying during training and he ended up losing...he trains again for his second fight with Clubber who he lost to...he trained much harder than he had done first time around and thus he picked up the win. If Creed had trained much better then he may have won.

K.Diddy
Yeah I wasn't 100% awake but here we go

1: Drago was tough yes...but to me not the toughest, I still go with Creed
2: But I think Rocky is more durable than Creed

Because Creed didn't train properly, if Rocky had done the training that Creed had done first time around he would have lost as well. I'm gonna use Rocky III as an example, in Rocky III first time around we saw that Rocky wasn't really trying during training and he ended up losing...he trains again for his second fight with Clubber who he lost to...he trained much harder than he had done first time around and thus he picked up the win. If Creed had trained much better then he may have won.

erm Sorry,still dont agree,but ok,case closed

steverules_2
You don't have to agree I was just stating my point erm But yeah, I don't wanna dwell on this

K.Diddy
You don't have to agree I was just stating my point erm But yeah, I don't wanna dwell on this

erm I just think your point is wrong,Drago KILLED Apollo easily,So I dont think Creed training up means he would beat Drago,Maybe not get KILLED by him,but thats about it

steverules_2
erm I could argue my point again but I'm not going to, I think Creed is tougher you and others think Drago is tougher so we'll just leave it at that

§P0oONY
erm I could argue my point again but I'm not going to, I think Creed is tougher you and others think Drago is tougher so we'll just leave it at that Doesn't make you right though...hmm

steverules_2
Never said it did erm So there really is no point in saying that no expression

§P0oONY
Just making sure that you were aware that you were wrong. hmm

Rogue Jedi
VeTZzlSE_Mo

"He's cut!! He's cut!!!" Rocky had Drago on the ropes with one punch. He never did that to Creed.

K.Diddy

steverules_2

§P0oONY
KEtJ0GiOp64

Hmm, what's this? Creed being killed by Drago in less that 2 rounds?... hmm

Oh and steverules... since when is a post not allowed to be useless?

K.Diddy

steverules_2
I'm gonna put this in capitals...and in bold so you can understand better HE DIDN'T TRAIN PROPERLY

If he had...who knows

K.Diddy
I'm gonna put this in capitals...and in bold so you can understand better HE DIDN'T TRAIN PROPERLY

If he had...who knows

erm Drago still would of kicked his ass

§P0oONY
Yeah, because a boxer can train for that sort of punishment... roll eyes (sarcastic)

How could he? Make his skull stronger?

K.Diddy

steverules_2

§P0oONY
Rocky didn't die in his first fight... You need to receive enough damage to give you brain damage in order to kill you. This is not something you can train against. Why do you think so many boxers fail? It's because they have what is called a "glass jaw"... a natural weakness. It's not something you can improve upon. Sure you can work on not getting hit... but you can't train yourself to take brain damaging punches, no amount of will power is going to stop that. (remember Rocky also received brain damage from the fight)

Drago is the toughest opponent... He hits at 2150 PSI for crying out loud,

steverules_2
Actually for film 6 it was changed to it being a bad concussion erm Thats what Sly said anyways. Rocky didn't die sure...but he got hit enough, he got grabbed by Drago and hit right in the face...he took way more hits and way more punishment.

I'd like to know what his PSI woulda been without the use of steroids

K.Diddy

I'd like to know what his PSI woulda been without the use of steroids

erm The problem is Steve that we are not talking about who is the toughest opponent without steroids here

§P0oONY
Indeed, the fact that he used steroids is irrelevant... and stating that he used them only adds to reasons as to why he is the toughest.

Badabing
Thunder Lips was the toughest.

http://fightpastor.com/fightpastor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/thunderlips.jpg

Spider Rico was a close second. sneer

dur

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Badabing
Thunder Lips was the toughest.

http://fightpastor.com/fightpastor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/thunderlips.jpg

Spider Rico was a close second. sneer

dur

laughing laughing laughing

steverules_2

K.Diddy
erm I don't think people have read my post clearly and have mis-understood...I never said in my post that we are talking about who is tougher with or without roids...I just said I'd like to have known what is PSI woulda been without roids. Suddenly thats me saying 'Drago is less tough cause of his roids!'

erm I'm pretty sure that you have said in this thread that the reason you are picking Creed over Drago partly is because Drago was using roids and Creed wasn't

steverules_2
But I never said such a thing in the post you quoted nor did I hint towards it, I just said I wondered what his PSI would be without roids...and somehow from that you got 'Creed is tougher because he did it all without roids.' And you know what, for me that does make him tougher....he did the training and everything and didn't need roids to try and win against Rocky. Drago needed roids to try and win and yes it made him tough but for me it kinda took away from him being tough because he needed roids to take Rocky to the limits...Creed didn't need roids to take Rocky to limits and he lost by 1 second...drago lost by 10. And I know, I know Creed died in a match with Drago but again he didn't train properly, if he had I'm sure he would have had a much better match and most likely been able to dodge a few of Drago's shots...and who knows what the outcome might've been. You're basing Drago's win against a man who didn't train properly for his boxing match...he underestimated Drago. I'm just giving my opinion, I haven't stated why you shouldn't pick Drago I've stated why I'M not picking him and for some reason you and Spoony have a problem with that. erm

§P0oONY
It's just the fact that you keep mention the fact that he used steroids... as if we're supposed to be appalled. He wouldn't be Ivan Drago without the drugs.

steverules_2
Well I keep mentioning it because you all seem to keep mentioning why I shouldn't be picking Creed...all because I said I went for Creed because he decided to fight without drugs....shame on me roll eyes (sarcastic)

K.Diddy
Well I keep mentioning it because you all seem to keep mentioning why I shouldn't be picking Creed...all because I said I went for Creed because he decided to fight without drugs....shame on me roll eyes (sarcastic)

erm The fact that Drago used drugs should not be taken into account

steverules_2
Thats fine if you two and others think that, but I chose Creed because I really think he was Rocky's toughest...I'm not telling you to choose Creed so why do you have a problem with me picking him. I've stated my reasons and one of them was to do with the fact that Drago took drugs and suddenly thats such a bad thing that I went for someone who trained without the use of drugs.

K.Diddy
Thats fine if you two and others think that, but I chose Creed because I really think he was Rocky's toughest...I'm not telling you to choose Creed so why do you have a problem with me picking him. I've stated my reasons and one of them was to do with the fact that Drago took drugs and suddenly thats such a bad thing that I went for someone who trained without the use of drugs.

smoke I'm just simply stating that we are debating Which opponent of rocky's was the toughest, Not which opponent of rocky's was the toughest without drugs

smile So the fact that Drago did steroids is simply irrelevant

steverules_2
But to me using steroids means your weak so you have to use steroids to be tough, Creed was naturally tough where as Drago was tough due to a drug

JacopeX
Apollo from Rocky I.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by JacopeX
Apollo from Rocky I.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats just ridiculous

JacopeX
roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats just ridiculous Rocky was an amateur facing a World Class fighter. Kudos to any amateur to be able to last all rounds with Apollo though. And he did give it his all as he said in Rocky II.

Rogue Jedi
Lang!!!

steverules_2
Rocky was an amateur facing a World Class fighter. Kudos to any amateur to be able to last all rounds with Apollo though. And he did give it his all as he said in Rocky II.

He didn't train properly for that fight either, he trained really hard in Rocky 2 thus he was able to do better. He gave it his all in Rocky yes BUT he hadn't trained properly for that fight at all.

Rogue Jedi
Lang KO'd Rocky in 2 rounds. /thread.

K.Diddy
Rocky was an amateur facing a World Class fighter.

no expression Exactly and Apollo couldn't even KO him,So how the hell was Apollo rocky's toughest opponent?

Rogue Jedi
no expression Exactly and Apollo couldn't even KO him,So how the hell was Apollo rocky's toughest opponent? Lang.

steverules_2
Lang KO'd Rocky in 2 rounds. /thread.

Dude you saw how Rocky trained for that fight roll eyes (sarcastic) If you could even call that training, second time around he actually tried after his wife gave him a motivational speech

K.Diddy
Lang.

no expression No

K.Diddy
But to me using steroids means your weak so you have to use steroids to be tough, Creed was naturally tough where as Drago was tough due to a drug

erm Doesn't matter

Doc Blake
Lang by far.

steverules_2
erm Doesn't matter

erm Doesn't matter to you, to me it makes up my decision. Creed was NATURALLY tough, Drago was not...hence my decision to go for Creed.

JacopeX
no expression Exactly and Apollo couldn't even KO him Neither could Drago. stick out tongue

K.Diddy
Neither could Drago. stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah,but rocky wasn't an amateur when he fought Drago

Mr Parker
Drago.Rocky in REAL life would never have lasted 15 rounds with Drago.Like Creed,he also would have been killed after just a few rounds.No human being can take that kind of punishment and live.Matter of fact.during filming.Lungren accidently punched Stallone in the shoulder and dislocated it, was dislocated for three months and that was someone who was NOT a superhuman like Lungrens charater was.

steverules_2
He also KOed Weather by accident

Joe Buck
Ivan Drago.

Hell, he KILLED Apollo Creed!

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Joe Buck
Ivan Drago.

Hell, he KILLED Apollo Creed!

erm According to steverules 2 Apollo was his toughest opponent

Mr. Rhythmic
VeTZzlSE_Mo

"He's cut!! He's cut!!!" Rocky had Drago on the ropes with one punch. He never did that to Creed.

Look at that before-hand beating. Creed never did THAT either. Rocky was on a whole new level in 4. With 3, he wanted to reprove himself. In 4, he was avenging his dead friend.

Mr. Rhythmic

If he had...who knows

True, but he still would've lost. Maybe not killed, but lost. Drago's punches looked and sounded like he was hitting Creed with concrete.

Mr. Rhythmic
I noticed something that resolves the Clubber Lang vs. Drago thing.
When Rocky got back into shape and was trained by Apollo, he whipped Lang. Seriously, he's dodging Lang constantly and just beating the hell out of him. Now look at the fight with Drago, where Rocky trained harder than ever, and he has all of the skill from the previous movies to match. Even then, you look at that fight, and it is 100% even. Rocky doesn't win until that last burst of energy.

Mr. Rhythmic
Ok, and another thing about that: I've kind of analyzed on why, for me, Rocky's opponents are so mencaing and how they represent people you (or at least I have) met.

What Makes Apollo Creed Scary: Apollo Creed is that high tier that stumps you on whatever you do. He's that guy that's referred to as "the best" at whatever you're doing, and he wants to prove it. The problem is that while he's not necessarily a bad guy, he has an incredible ego and will do anything to satisfy it. He'll mess around with you and try to make you look stupid in order to make himself look that much better. He rubs everyone the wrong way, and one day you pray that someone'll shut his mouth.

What Makes Clubber Lang Scary: He's that massive, muscular, ultra strong, freakishly big black guy that has a mouth and ego to match. And what's freaky is that we've met that guy. That guy who's such a dick, and yet he's trained enough and he's big enough to say what he does. While Apollo has a mouth, someone like Clubber has absolutely no respect for anyone other than respect. He could care less about anything that isn't him, and probably wants to hurt it just because he can. We've met him, and we hate him.

What Makes Ivan Drago Scary: I know that I've met this guy, I'm not sure about you all, but he's even worse than the other two to a level. He's that guy who's naturally gifted, shaped and trained to be the best, and just a sadistic dick. He's a big (and I mean BIG) ass white guy that says more with his movements and eyes than with his mouth because he thinks he's just that much better than you. When he does any game, sport or competition, he's not out to just win, but to ruin anyone that dare challenge him. Creed might embarass you, and Lang might hurt you, but Drago will completely damage you in the worst ways he can think of. And the whole time he's just smirking and making small comments, but doesn't think anyone's worth it enough to be vocal on it.

What Makes Tommy Gunn Scary: Nothing. Nothing is scary about Tommy Gunn at all. Tommy Gunn sucks. Yeah, we've met the douchey guy who betrays your trust and goes out of their way to hurt you, but he's too much of a loser to care about him. Spider Rico's more threatening than Tommy Gunn.

What Makes Mason "The Line" Dixon Scary: Nothing, really, but he is that cocky punk that thinks he's better than everything before him. You don't like him, and you want to hit him, but at the same time he's more coached than anything to be the way that he is. Still, you don't like his big mouth and his attitude towards other people.

Rogue Jedi
Rocky's toughest opponent is a spelling bee.

Mr. Rhythmic
Neither could Drago. stick out tongue

Rocky was at his peak with Drago, though. And even then, Drago knocked him down constantly.

Saskaswan
Ivan Drago by far, i mean he killed Apollo without even trying.

illadelph12
Gotta be Clubber. He beat the brakes off Rocky so bad in their 1st fight that it took Apollo's intervention and a montage to beat him.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by illadelph12
Gotta be Clubber. He beat the brakes off Rocky so bad in their 1st fight that it took Apollo's intervention and a montage to beat him.

He went down in strength and skill at that point, though.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by illadelph12

roll eyes (sarcastic) Drago would kill clubber

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Saskaswan
Ivan Drago by far, i mean he killed Apollo without even trying.

also would have killed Rocky as well if the movie wanted to be realistic.Rocky did not have the capability to last more than 5 rounds or so with Clubber Lang because of how strong he was,Appollo said so when they were watching film of him in Rocky 3,he was sying he would have to put him away early to beat him,somehow Stallone forgot that little fact when making rocky 4 because Drago is a lot stronger than Lang so no way in hell could rocky have lasted 15 rounds like he did in that movie. laughing

steverules_2

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Mr Parker
also would have killed Rocky as well if the movie wanted to be realistic.Rocky did not have the capability to last more than 5 rounds or so with Clubber Lang because of how strong he was,Appollo said so when they were watching film of him in Rocky 3,he was sying he would have to put him away early to beat him,somehow Stallone forgot that little fact when making rocky 4 because Drago is a lot stronger than Lang so no way in hell could rocky have lasted 15 rounds like he did in that movie. laughing

Great, it's you.

Saskaswan

In Rocky IV, Rocky was at his peak and he done some tough training, more intense than anything he has done before. Don't forget he was pissed that Drago killed his best friend.

Mr Parker
In Rocky IV, Rocky was at his peak and he done some tough training, more intense than anything he has done before. Don't forget he was pissed that Drago killed his best friend.

doesnt matter,he was incapable of lasting more than 5 or six rounds with clubber lang in the ring.creed said that himself in rocky 3 remember? that he had to put him away early,which he did.yet somehow he was able to last 15 rounds with Drago? stallone had a brainfart and forgot what he wrote in rocky 3.plus Ivander holifield was hosting the rocky movies one time and in between commericals he would talk about them and he himself said rocky 4 was his least favorite rocky movie cause of how unrealistic it was,that no man could take that kind of punishment that rocky took for 15 rounds. this is from an expert fighter who knows better than you or I.proof he could not do it either and also would have been killed.Drago works for a villain in a spiderman movie but not for a rocky movie.

Mr Parker

It actually make sense since rocky 4 was so unrealistic and unbelieveable.Drago is a superhuman,that doesnt work for a rocky movie.rocky 4 and five are disgraceful movies to the rocky franchise and should be burned, therefore he has a great point that Creed was his toughest opponent actually and that was a good point someone else mentioned since Creed did it naturally where Drago was a freak of nature,a superhuman so he doesnt count.

the thing that makes no sense about this poll is appollo creed should be mentioned in rocky one and two,not separately since it was the same person. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
erm I just think your point is wrong,Drago KILLED Apollo easily,So I dont think Creed training up means he would beat Drago,Maybe not get KILLED by him,but thats about it

sure he would.Creed had to train rocky to be able to beat Lang Remember? If rocky could beat him in stallones world,then Creed would have as well.

Mr Parker
erm Drago still would of kicked his ass

uh no. other way around according to stallones world.

Saskaswan
doesnt matter,he was incapable of lasting more than 5 or six rounds with clubber lang in the ring.creed said that himself in rocky 3 remember? that he had to put him away early,which he did.yet somehow he was able to last 15 rounds with Drago? stallone had a brainfart and forgot what he wrote in rocky 3.plus Ivander holifield was hosting the rocky movies one time and in between commericals he would talk about them and he himself said rocky 4 was his least favorite rocky movie cause of how unrealistic it was,that no man could take that kind of punishment that rocky took for 15 rounds. this is from an expert fighter who knows better than you or I.proof he could not do it either and also would have been killed.Drago works for a villain in a spiderman movie but not for a rocky movie.

He lost against Clubber because he got too cocky, he stopped training hard, he let all the fame get to him.

Mr Parker
He lost against Clubber because he got too cocky, he stopped training hard, he let all the fame get to him.

well I know THATS why he lost to Lang,the facts are he wasnt able to beat Lang without Creeds help and like I said,Holyfield unlike us,is an expert so he knows what he is talking about better than either of us when he says no human being could survive the beating rocky took from drago for 15 rounds.I always knew that was true thats why i was so pleased to hear him say that because he would know better than you or I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.