Katsumoto/Nathan Algren versus Revenge of the Ninja...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Katsumoto and Nathan Algren (The Last Samurai) versus these two Ninja:

6VM8EQGv6ok

The Ninja have teamed up to kill the Samurai. Katsumoto and Algren must fight them on the LA rooftop (in the vid) in broad daylight, just as in the vid.

The Samurai are each armed with their Katanas, and in full armor. The Ninja have the weapons they have in the vid, sans the flamethrower the silver face Ninja had, to keep things fair.

Who wins? Naturally the Ninja will prefer stealth/trickery to a straight up sword fight.

Robtard
This ninja stomps them all:

-EvPvfVOUV8

Rogue Jedi
K. And the matchup at hand?

BruceSkywalker
i just watched the last samurai the other night.. big grin

two of my fave movies..

id give it to Cho and the other ninja..

Originally posted by Robtard

-EvPvfVOUV8

i liked cole, he was good.. hasegawa too

Rogue Jedi
I'm with Bruce, Ninjas pwn.

the ninjak

-EvPvfVOUV8
The guy getting killed.

He is a great actor. Christopher George.

Played a cigar smoking smartass reporter in City Of The Living Dead.

Ended up getting the flesh on the back off his head SQUEEZED off by an evil super zombie chick.
I'm considering making a vs thread with these zombies against.... well anyone.

Excelent film.

And Ninjas STOMP.

Kaibs
As far as Ninjas go... Stormshadow kills all.

For this match, well the Samurai would unfortunately go down. Even though I like them way more.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Katsumoto and Nathan Algren.......are real.

Rogue Jedi
In a straight up sword battle, I'd say Ninja 7/10.

Robtard
Ninja fanboys, GTFO.

Katsumoto destroys them all, only chance they have is some sneak attack and killing him before he becomes aware.

Kaibs
Ninja fanboys, GTFO.

Katsumoto destroys them all, only chance they have is some sneak attack and killing him before he becomes aware.

Agreed, which is what he clarified in his OP pretty much though.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Agreed, which is what he clarified in his OP pretty much though. I most certainly did not. I merely said the Ninja would prefer stealth/trickery, because this is what Ninja do. They are far more cunning.

Ninja fanboys, GTFO.

Katsumoto destroys them all, only chance they have is some sneak attack and killing him before he becomes aware. I wouldn't say he destroys them, the Ninja were pretty formidable with their swords. They were just as fast, if not faster, and much more agile.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

I wouldn't say he destroys them, the Ninja were pretty formidable with their swords. They were just as fast, if not faster, and much more agile.

No, they weren't, it was slow and more piss-poor choreography. Them doing back-flips won't matter.

Rogue Jedi
No, watch the vid carefully. In particular, FF to 5:36 to 7:00, the Samurai never fought with that kind of speed.

Plus, you know the Ninja are fast enough to block shurikens with their swords and shit. If Katsumoto goes toe to toe with the silver face ninja, silver face'll pull his little stubby dagger (6:45) and stab him in the eye. Smoke bombs. All kinds of pointy shit. Oh my....

Face it, dude, the Ninja are just better.

Faster in the scene I quoted. FF to 6:19, watch their exchange, it's far faster than anything we see from the Samurai. They can block shurikens and shit. And at 6:55, Cho pulls the dagger from his chest (That was some McClane shit BTW), hurls it back at silver face, and silver face snatches it out of the air.

Stronger (FF to 5:53, Cho was strong enough to hold dudes short sword at bay, not to mention at 8:34 when Cho held silver face's sword between his palms while silver face had all his strength and weight behind it.

Far superior damage soak, look at the punishment Cho took. Katsumoto woulda been on his knees crying like a *****.

More cunning.

FAR more agility.

The Ninja in TLS fought like idiots, Cho and silver face are light years ahead of them.

Robtard
Another one of these times where you simply insist that something on video is one way, when it clearly isn't.

Anyhow, this below is > than anything on your vid.

L8n3544zeLw

Rogue Jedi
Another one of these times where you simply insist that something on video is one way, when it clearly isn't.

Anyhow, this below is > than anything on your vid.

L8n3544zeLw It's not? It most certainly is. Every claim I made is right there in the vid.

And no, I watched the scene you posted many times before I started this thread. The Ninja are faster, stronger, more agile and have higher damage soak.

Rogue Jedi
Hey Rob, lookie lookie, FF to 5:50

PY0grJMEA0o&feature=related

Cho catches THREE arrows shot at him, the last one between his teeth!!! There we have it, faster. Better reflexes. Agility.

And look at this shit, FF to 6:11, watch the van chase/fight scene.

37bM_eIbDuQ&feature=related

Look at the far superior damage soak. Look at the agility. Look at the far superiority. Dare I mention the Ninja are far superior at H2H combat?

Aaaaaaaaaaand last but not least, FF the second vid to 9:29. Cho dodges bullets!!! Six of them!!! Aaaaaaahahahahahaa!!!!!

I rest my case. Ninja pwn, hard.

Robtard
HAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You can literally see that the first arrow he caught wasn't actually fired from a bow, someone tossed it to him, as when he catches the head is facing upwards and it's moving slow.

Rogue Jedi
And? He still caught it, the MOVIE character caught it. Sho Kosugi did not catch it, Cho, his character, did. What do you expect from an 80's Golan Globus flick?

Darth Martin
Why make the thread if your sold on them already?

The Ninja are better at everything else except for swordfighting. I'd have to give that to the Samurai. But overall, the Ninja are clearly better being more agile, catching the arrows, having more equipment, superior martial arts skills, etc.

Stealth won't matter seeing how the setting is from that video(daytime) and the Samurai have reach on them with their katanas.

Rogue Jedi
Silver face was able to use stealth on the other ninja in broad daylight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.