Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
So, Dissidia is getting a sequel, neat. Glad to see Lightning included.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/dissidia-final-fantasy-gets-a-sequel.html

I'm also lookin' forward to how they'll improve the battle system. Maybe add something new like one-button summons that can be used once per fight, or a second super move. Yeah, alot to look forward too.

BloodRawEngine
Cool, I'll probably buy it. The original had some curve, but I still enjoyed it. Hopefully we get more than just two characters per FF game, but I won't get my hopes too high.

Can't say Lightning (b*tch) is much of a selling point for me though.

NemeBro
Demand Snow. Will not get if no Snow. estahuh

SaTsuJiN
the psp?... again?... seriously?.. ugh...

MadMel
We don't know if it's exclusive yet.
Though it probably is - Not that it bothers me. erm

Quincy
Is it weird that one of my disappointments with the first was that you had their best weapon (visually) from the get-go?

Still loved it though.

For the sequel, the cast of playable characters should be obnoxious

Scythe
It would be cool if some summons that could work were playable characters.

MadMel
Originally posted by Quincy
Is it weird that one of my disappointments with the first was that you had their best weapon (visually) from the get-go?
Not really. At first I couldn't get used to Cloud having the Ultima Weapon whenever he went to Ex mode.

For the sequel, the cast of playable characters should be obnoxious
I want Vivi and Tifa. (maybe Vincent, but the hero's side needs more women IMO.)

MadMel
Some screens.

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/dissidia-duodecim-final-fantasy/3360389/#/0

Is it just me, or are Kain's and Cecil's (DK form) leggings the same?

Scythe
Awesome.

MadMel
TRAILER!!!

http://www.gamesradar.com/psp/dissidia-012duodecim-final-fantasy/news/first-trailer-for-dissidia-012duodecim-final-fantasy/a-20100922114833376099/g-20100908154927241087

I see Cool CGI, new attacks, new ex-modes, and a character assist system that looks like a SSBB assist trophy kinda thing, only with playable characters instead of randoms. But most importantly - ZOMG SHIELD BASH!!

Nephthys
Lol, the Warrior of Light was wearing lipstick and eyeliner.

Hows the combat in these games?

TheAuraAngel
I actually chuckled at Tidus and Jecht in that video.

MadMel
Tidus/Jecht - Epic headbutt attack!!

@ nephthys - Fan-tucking-fastic! stick out tongue

Idk - If you've played kingdom hearts and super smash bros you have a general idea.

It looks like kingdom hearts boss battles, but the controls are a bit like smash bros (normal attack + up attack + down attack etc)

I can't really describe it better than that. Someone help? erm

Also - Just realized that WOL's jap voice > his english voice. stick out tongue

Quincy
Ideal World:

Every Party member from every title is playable.

MadMel
On a psp?
Not happening. erm

Quincy
Ideal World.

killermover
Originally posted by NemeBro
Demand Snow. Will not get if no Snow. estahuh Fang and Sahz > Snowroids.

Fang and Vincent better be in this game.

NemeBro
Would rather have Cid from VII than Fang, since she is just Cid, only without the bonus of making spousal abuse just fine.

Scythe
Ideal World:

Every Party member from every title is playable.

I know, right? Like a f*cin' DBZ Budokai cast.

Nephthys
Tifa Lockhart.

NemeBro
Read about that a day or two ago.

Awesome.

Scythe
What the crap? We're havin' a more than two characters per game now? Hmm, hope we get Vincent.

MadMel
Yay!
I was hoping for Tifa. big grin

BloodRawEngine
This is me just stressing my favorite characters (being that one of them-Zidane-was already around in the first one), but I'd kill to see them pull the strings for someone like Red XII (that, or the lazy bastards should come up with a better excuse than not wanting to animate his fur), Zell, or Amarant among a few others to be in the game. Plenty have already said Vincent, and I'd like that. Any of those three would be an instant selling point for me.

Scythe
Yeah, Red XIII didn't even have flowing fur in the original, they can have him in no problem, he'd be great.

MadMel
I think seeing XIII dashing through the air like the others would be damn hilarious to watch! XD

Scythe
Not to mention they could even add Cait Sith on his back, just because. Kill two birds with one stone. Though I'd really like to play as a summon. the Shiva Sisters from XIII were rad, as well as Yojimbo/X, and Neo Bahamut/VII.

Nephthys
It seems like we're getting one extra party member from each game. Hopefully we'll get something like:

5:Faris
6.Locke/Celes
8.Rinoa
9.Vivi/Steiner
10.Yuna/Auron
12. Vaan? Does he even count as a character?
13. Sazh

MadMel
better be Vivi.
I loved that little guy. big grin

NemeBro
**** Rinoa, is all about Zell.

BloodRawEngine
^That.

(andlolsig)

Nephthys
Zell's a whiney little *****. erm He ****s up constantly. Rinoa or Quistis get my vote.

NemeBro
Zell is the most intelligent member of your party, and without him your party would have died in like disk two because they could not escape the prison.

Nephthys
Being the most intelligent in a pack of buffoons doesn't impress me. His plan was to fake illness, i.e. the single most obvious escape plan there is. Plus Squall and Rinoa/Irvine would have saved them.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Being the most intelligent in a pack of buffoons doesn't impress me. His plan was to fake illness, i.e. the single most obvious escape plan there is. Plus Squall and Rinoa/Irvine would have saved them. And then used his martial arts skeelz for da win.

Nephthys
Heh, I remember. Then they all became giant sized for some reason. Man that game was odd.

Nephthys
Besides, Tifa already covers the martial arts skillz for the game.

killermover
Fang and Zell. Tis all.

MadMel
Zell would just be a clone of Tifa. erm

BloodRawEngine
A better one 313

NemeBro
Originally posted by MadMel
Zell would just be a clone of Tifa. erm Shut your ****ing mouth. estahuh

MadMel
Dolphin

Blow 313

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Scythe
So, Dissidia is getting a sequel, neat. Glad to see Lightning included.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/dissidia-final-fantasy-gets-a-sequel.html

I'm also lookin' forward to how they'll improve the battle system. Maybe add something new like one-button summons that can be used once per fight, or a second super move. Yeah, alot to look forward too.

YESSSSS!

forget Agito, I want this now!

Scythe
7_u32VQGq1Q

This has probaby been posted, but I was surprised to see Yuna. I like how they added summons to her attacks.

Nephthys
I liked how they completely overcompensated for Tidus' wussiness by making him buff and shirtless. Good to see Yuna getting some love. I always liked that girl (even in X-2 >:] ).

MadMel
it's an oldish video, but it didn't have subtitles before, so I'm happy. smile

Dickbag
FF sux

Nephthys
u sux

TheAuraAngel
I don't care for the absurd amount of focus on Lightning. no expression

MadMel
Same. XIII wasn't that great a game, and she wasn't that great a character. erm
But now its sounds like she's the new leader of the cosmos group, because WOL is having a crisis of faith.
That really doesn't make sense, but oh well.

Dickbag
Originally posted by MadMel
Same. XIII wasn't that great a game, and she wasn't that great a character. erm
But now its sounds like she's the new leader of the cosmos group, because WOL is having a crisis of faith.
That really doesn't make sense, but oh well. Are you kidding? Lighting is the sexiest and the BEST character out there ever! The fundamental concept of XIII is just breath taking and so.... amazing.

Lightning is just an incredibly complex character with an incredible display of emotions. If you disagree you're a douche.

MadMel
I disagree, and yet am not a douche.

I just broke your concept of reality, my friend. stick out tongue

General_Iroh
They need to add Setzer in this one, but his space will probably be taken by Locke or Celes >_>

MadMel
Since they've released the demo in japan, I have a feeling they aren't adding anymore characters.

The total new character list so far is -
Lightning, Kain, Tifa, Yuna, Vaan, and possibly Gilgamesh.
If I've forgotten anyone let me know.
The trick is that they show what could be new characters, but are actually alternate costumes that look nothing like their original selves, such as Golbez and Garland without their armor.

Bro SMASH
That sucks. I was hoping they'd put in characters like Vincent Valentine or Seifer Almasy.

MadMel
No, but there is Laguna, which is just obscure when you think about it. erm

NemeBro
Whoa, so all the new characters have been announced then?

MadMel
Unless they're keeping some kind of special secret for the full release, yea I guess so.
I don't mind - too many characters could push the psp's tech limits over the deep end.

wakkawakkawakka
The game has finally been released in North America big grin

I am however mad that they pretty much cut and paste most of the format from the first game without even editting it.

Why the hell is Lightning the team leader for Cosmos' side.

Nephthys
Becuase she smacked Snow around like he was her *****. Which he totally was.

There need be no other reason.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Nephthys
Becuase she smacked Snow around like he was her *****. Which he totally was.

There need be no other reason.

WoL smacked around......Piccolo cool Plus being Cloud dressing in drag doesn't suit well for me.

That's why he should've stayed leader.

Scythe
So I picked this up cheap. Some of the new characters, like Laguna/Lightning/Tifa are really fun to use, but the whole thing sorta feels like DLC that should've been in the first one and so on. You know that feeling, where it doesn't feel like a complete game but it's still somewhat solid? Yeah. Still pretty enjoyable, yet to finish it.

Zack Fair
The emphasis on Lightning does not surprise me, but it sort of annoys me. Having said that I don't blame SE for using Lightning because she is the most recent addition and it might help the sales--although I wouldn't count on it. Tifa and Yuna are looking awesome. I am a bit angry at the fact we didn't get at least 1 new character per FF uhuh

Scythe
Yuna is great in this, she reminds me of Shinnoa from Castelvania Judgement.

CosmicComet
Screw Lightning.

That annoying POS.

Scythe
I didn't really see that much of an emphasis on Lightning, probably cuz I breezed right past her parts. Kain's parts seem to drag on and on.

MadMel
What? Kain was on screen for about 2 minutes, tops, the entire way through. erm
Even in his own campaign he was a minor character. stick out tongue

Scythe
True that, I just don't like the character, haha.

Halfway through the main story, glad to finally see the original cast.

Jmanghan
180 hours of gameplay for me...

That is all.

Anybody have any well-written custom quests?

Jmanghan
Am I the only one that thinks this is really dark for mognet? I know its a joke, but it seems really messed up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.