Thunderstrike vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
Lobo has come to collect a bounty offered by Loki... he arrives to earth on his spaz frag 666 just in time to see the avangers get beaten by Bloodstrike..

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/293924-77209-thunderstrike.jpg

Lobo: hmmm,, buncha pansies let me show you how its done.

i should be charging ppl for the fighting lesson i'm about to give..

Bloodstrike: stop me if you can.

Lobo: is that a dare? time to meet mr. hookie.. time to stop you b4 you give the biker look amd chains a bad name. lets trim that beard.

http://fanboyz.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lobo.jpg

Let's get it on!

CosmicComet
Thunderstrike is cool and all, but I don't see what he has to offer the ultimate bastich.

King Castle
haha.. really?drylaugh
you dont think thunderstrike can offer anything against lobo?

CosmicComet
Nothing that would give him the win for even a slim majority, no.

King Castle
did you read thunderstrike issue 23 and 24?

Flyattractor
TS looks like he could be a fun fight,but I don't know anything about him.

Stoic
Lobo beats the mess out of him.

King Castle
i'll take TS for the win... a casual backhand sent hercules to new jersey for BFR.... and he solo'ed the avengers easy.

he also fought thor toe to toe while being distracted.

Omega Vision
Lobo no expression

King Castle
TS disintegrates him and sends his soul to another plane of existence.

Parmaniac
Lobo and here's the reason

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/494/reb0200011.th.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5764/reb0200012.th.jpg

R.E.B.E.L.S. 20

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
TS disintegrates him and sends his soul to another plane of existence.
You've switched from pot to crack over the last few days haven't you?

King Castle
pfff.. that is nothin and here is the reason.

he killed a skyfather disintegrated him some one that isnt suppose to be able to die..

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/293922-104502-thunderstrike.jpg

solaris was weak.. not like a magic godblast

Parmaniac
solaris was weak.. not like a magic godblast My point is the sentence he says on the second scan.

King Castle
sigh........ so your argument has come down to his comment about not doing logic?

loony toon powers now?

Parmaniac
sigh........ so your argument has come down to his comment about not doing logic?

loony toon powers now? That sums up the character if you want battles in comics as proove take a look at his fight with the mask or other retarded insane stuff he did throughout his entire carreer.

And if you don't like "loony toon powers" don't make threads with Lobo cause that's pretty much what Lobo does. Like crumbling and dicing an entire city with his bare hands and eat the dice after it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
if you don't like "loony toon powers" don't make threads with Lobo

QFT

King Castle
his stories are always inconsistent but the current lobo is less loony and per the forum rules we use the most current character.

so him fighting solaris, supes and big barda seems to be the average current showing.

and him crushing a city and eating it is an old feat which doesnt matter b/c he still only equals in strength to others like supes at most.

Omega Vision
his stories are always inconsistent but the current lobo is less loony and per the forum rules we use the most current character.

so him fighting solaris, supes and big barda seems to be the average current showing.

and him crushing a city and eating it is an old feat which doesnt matter b/c he still only equals in strength to others like supes at most.
You seem to suggest that Thunderstrike is greater than the likes of Superman, Solaris, or Big Barda.

King Castle
i never said that stop tryin to strawman my comment.

i said Lobo is less loony and his more current consistent showings are less asinine and puts him in the same weight class as them give or take.

Prep-Man
Lobo.

King Castle
Thunderstrike pummels him into submission ko with his weapons.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thundestrike - Lobo obviously.

Thunderstrike with the Blood Axe - Lobo loses. People don't seem to realize that there's a pretty significant jump in power.

King Castle
nope they just comment with no knowledge of the character or the OP.

anyways,,

bloodstrike just back hands lobo to the next county and trashes his bike with a blast BFR win.

Prep-Man
Lobo can teleport as well. Lobo cuts his head off, ftw.

"Id"
The bastich gets fragged.

King Castle
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Lobo can teleport as well. Lobo cuts his head off, ftw. how often does he teleport?

was it a one time feat?

details pls.

Prep-Man
Just some technology he attached to his space hog, along with time traveling tech as well. Just in case he needs it.

King Castle
so again my scenario he have no way to get back, right? no expression

erm

again backhand to another county and destroys the bike for the BFR win.

Prep-Man
The bike can reform as well.

King Castle
is it immediate or his current bike?

i seen his bike trashed repeatedly and fail to repair itself even lobo cry over it.

is this now standard for his bike?

example pls.

Prep-Man
I've only seen it happen a few times, so it's probably standard.

King Castle
fine, how long does it take to repair itself and can it repair itself from devastating damage:blown up scattered) or minor damage?

erm

Prep-Man
The bike can also travel near light speeds. He'd crash it in Thunderstrike's dome, ftw.

King Castle
bloodstrike has magic weapons to brace himself against as well as magic blast...

this isnt a fight where one is prepared and the other isnt... crappy tactic on lobo's part. i seen him crash his bike into big things like ships but he likes to fight mano a mano with humanoids in his weight class..

Parmaniac

Appereantly not cause the scans I've showed are his absolute new showings. And the fact that Solaris tells Lobo why what he was going to do shouldn't work and and still worked should be evidence enough for his still "loony toon powers".

He also fought Sinestro, Star Saphire, Atrocitus and Hal Jordan at the same time.

And in which issue did he fought Superman since he returned from hell?

and him crushing a city and eating it is an old feat which doesnt matter b/c he still only equals in strength to others like supes at most. And from which point do you wanna start using feats? Since he returned from the "Reign in Hell" event? And the less feats you wanna allow the more wheight the "stellar mass" wheight pulling feat has.

Omega Vision
Last I checked Lobo is still smoking cigars IN SPACE.

The Toon force is still strong with him.

King Castle
solaris wasnt doing anything real special that lobo's healing factor couldnt compensate that isnt loony powers that is just his high end regeneration and immortality at play.

i never said he wasnt uber which he is...

but lobo isnt doin anything special nor bringing anything to this fight that Bloodstrike cant scoff at.

thunderstrike blast are different from solaris it isnt science based but magic based.

what solaris did simply attack him with moderate attacks it felt would kill lobo.. he hadnt yet gone up a notch b4 he was recalled by brainiac.

all it showed is what we know about lobo he has insane regeneration and his immortality allows him to survive certain attacks like blood boiling and whatnot..

a blast from strike disintegrated an immortal skyfather... if lobo has no blood to draw his regeneration he is screwed.

and i wanna point out solaris blast didnt disintegrate lobo b/c of power lvl and type of blast that it was.. if the blast simply turned his matter into ash at once lobo's body wouldnt regenerate.

Omega vision:

its bn explained on panel that when lobo is smoking on his bike in space its b/c the bike has its own bio field forcefield.

Omega Vision
solaris wasnt doing anything real special that lobo's healing factor couldnt compensate that isnt loony powers that is just his high end regeneration and immortality at play.

i never said he wasnt uber which he is...

but lobo isnt doin anything special nor bringing anything to this fight that Bloodstrike cant scoff at.

thunderstrike blast are different from solaris it isnt science based but magic based.

what solaris did simply attack him with moderate attacks it felt would kill lobo.. he hadnt yet gone up a notch b4 he was recalled by brainiac.

all it showed is what we know about lobo he has insane regeneration and his immortality allows him to survive certain attacks like blood boiling and whatnot..

a blast from strike disintegrated an immortal skyfather... if lobo has no blood to draw his regeneration he is screwed.

and i wanna point out solaris blast didnt disintegrate lobo b/c of power lvl and type of blast that it was.. if the blast simply turned his matter into ash at once lobo's body wouldnt regenerate.

Omega vision:

its bn explained on panel that when lobo is smoking on his bike in space its b/c the bike has its own bio field forcefield.
The HF isn't the toon aspect. The toon part is the fact that Lobo defies the laws of physics by wrenching down an object with Stellar mass that he has no leverage over. Realistically/logically all Lobo would accomplish by tugging is to pull himself up the chain. Instead he managed to pull the Sun-Eater down.

The feat is also an insane strength feat considering he pulled stellar mass. Even if the Sun-Eater is just 1% of our Sun's mass it would still be 3,430 times the mass of the Earth.

King Castle
fine lobo pulling solaris down to him however little it was is a loony feat...

If the sun eater has realistic characteristic of a real life mini sun that size.

i guess the planet and its ppl also have loony powers..facepalm2

no matter how retarded some feats are for some characters or above another.. its how well they do against others that is the measuring stick..

if one guy can lift the sky or universe but still can only go toe to toe against some hybrid atlantean in strength then they are still in the same weight class.. some can argue PIS for one or the other but at the end of the day we take their consistent showings against his brethren in the 100 ton class.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Last I checked Lobo is still smoking cigars IN SPACE.

The Toon force is still strong with him.

Yes, yes it is.

Omega Vision
fine lobo pulling solaris down to him however little it was is a loony feat...

If the sun eater has realistic characteristic of a real life mini sun that size.

i guess the planet and its ppl also have loony powers..facepalm2

no matter how retarded some feats are for some characters or above another.. its how well they do against others that is the measuring stick..

if one guy can lift the sky or universe but still can only go toe to toe against some hybrid atlantean in strength then they are still in the same weight class.. some can argue PIS for one or the other but at the end of the day we take their consistent showings against his brethren in the 100 ton class.
So this is another thread where you kvetch about how you don't like a certain DC character?

Oh boy, just what this forum needed.

King Castle
So this is another thread where you kvetch about how you don't like a certain DC character?

Oh boy, just what this forum needed. no... i never said that. i would appreciate it if you stop straw-manning. its starting to get irritating.

i simply saying that a forum fight isnt a bench pressing contest but how ones powers can effect another and who has a better chance of knocking who out.

bloodstrike was able to go toe to toe with thor and kick his @$$.. so bloodstrike isnt weak and he doesnt need to have a bench press feat in order to realize what weight class he is in.

Prep-Man

Oh boy, just what this forum needed.

Just give up, KC will never change his opinions. BTW, Lobo wins./

Omega Vision
no... i never said that. i would appreciate it if you stop straw-manning. its starting to get irritating.

I'm not strawmanning anyone here. You have a problem with DC, everyone knows it.

When you make a ranting post that doesn't even attempt to refute my argument directly in favor of savaging the character's inconsistent characterization you're essentially trolling the character.

King Castle
pls stop with the accusations that have nothing to do with the debate. i am asking you politely after that i will consider it trolling and baiting.

now i am not dismissing Lobo's strength just i dont agree it would be a factor here.

Bloodstrike isnt just standing around letting lobo hook him and drag him.

Bloodstrikes weapon is mystical and would cleave his hook if he tried the solaris trick... Lobo's strength wouldnt matter.

the axe also grants the user all the fighting skills and knowledge of the weapon.

i could see strike using this weapons innate knowledge ability to cleave lobo's soul from his body and send into limbo like dimension..

i dont see lobo's hook able to stop the attack b/c it is metaphysical as well as teh hook bn broken numerously.

"Id"
It remains to be seen if metaphysical weapons like the Blood Axe, can effect Lobo at all when his soul has been redeemed untouchable.

Thunderstrike will have to resort to other avenues to win.

King Castle
his soul is untouchable to DC metaphysical realms and subsidiaries.

marvel isnt hampered by such contract.... they didnt agree to it.

and sending his soul to another dimension isnt in violation of any contract.

Seth was also barred by Death and yet Bloodstrike manage to BFR his soul after destroying his body.

either way Lobo isnt immune from a ko.

you might as well argue that Lobo cant go to any other high or lower dimension when that is clearly not the case.

"Id"
The contract sums up a clause, as the why he is immortal explaining reasons, and details. It matters little if Marvel has to agree with it. Forum rules apply that characters abilities carry over, despite matches taking place in neutral setting.

Otherwise members could argue that the Infinity Gems will not work outside of Marvel. Or that the Authority would be gimped in a real world setting.

King Castle
yes, doesnt mean he cant be removed to a neutral setting either and hamper another person's ability especially since he has violated a similar contract in his own reality showing its possible to violate his opponents contract or circumvent it.

BFR lobo's soul isnt a violation of the contract it just means he cant go to certain realms not neutral dimensions.

lobo has bn separated from his body after his contract once by his own hands by blowing out his brains.

the axe sents him to another dimension not an after life big difference...

plus strike wasnt a skyfather so he wouldnt be under oath to not send his soul away to his pocket dimension cleaved by the axe.

Lord_Talron
wow so thunderstrike is like > thor now or something? i was under the assumption that thor vs lobo wouldnt be a bad fight...

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
wow so thunderstrike is like > thor now or something? i was under the assumption that thor vs lobo wouldnt be a bad fight... tell me you read thunderstrike issue # 23 to 24?

Lord_Talron
no, thats why im asking

Sr J-Bieb
Lobo wins even if Thunderstrike has the Bloodaxe easily.

"Id"

Lord_Talron
laughing out loud thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Lobo and here's the reason

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/494/reb0200011.th.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5764/reb0200012.th.jpg

R.E.B.E.L.S. 20

laughing

I'm not going to say Thunderstrike can't beat Lobo. I just don't think it's likely.

The main man only recently gave Hal, Sinestro, and Carol all they could handle. Actually beat Sinestro up a little with his own construct, too.

And all that while basically holding back, considering his contract didn't include killing or capturing.

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
no, thats why im asking he finally allowed his axe that he had bn carrying around from the beginning of his series to finally possess him..

he fought Seth and manhandled him killing him once he got tired of hearing him rant about being a Death God.

he then back handed Hercules to new Jersey after he allowed him to punch him in the gut which he laughed and scoffed at saying his punch was weak.

defeated the avengers and then finally faced thor.. thunderstrike was distracted fighting on the astral plane as well as the physical plane w/thor. and he still was beating the snot out of thor.

thunderstrike finally asserted enough control on the astral plane to defeat the axes influence and stop fighting thor.

he turned on himself..

thor had only bn fighting a portion of thunderstrike/bloodstrike hence, why he lasted in the fight.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike01Thunderstrike2.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike03.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike04.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike05.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike06.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike07.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike08.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike09.jpg

King Castle

cdtm
Well, when it comes to hell, Etrigan was among the demons he fought. Pretty sure they weren't pushovers.

But he treated them like they were.

King Castle
fine... he treated etrigan like a push over,.. thunderstrike treated Seth like a punk as well as herc and then thor only put up a fight b/c he didnt even have his undivided attention.

cdtm
Did Seth have his full powers at the time?

He's Skyfather level, right? Nearly equal to the full Odin Force?

So Thunderstrike is Skyfather level now? Sure didn't look it in those scans against Thor, even if his attention was divided.

"Id"
The hell are you talking about not ready to fight? they went in their with the intention of halting Lobo rampage and warned him to cease or he would be smited. They came in their well, and ready.

Comments like these, lets me know that you simply appeal to a certain genre of fictions. God forgive any author intending to inject some humor, otherwise fans will draw up a laundry list of excuses.

King Castle
he started ripping them apart while they were threatening him...these gods didnt have a single feat. they were added for humor.

if you believe he is capable of such feats why cant he win a forum fight against skyfather beings and is being matched up wth heralds?

"Id"
he started ripping them apart while they were threatening him...these gods didnt have a single feat. they were added for humor.

if you believe he is capable of such feats why cant he win a forum fight against skyfather beings and is being matched up wth heralds?
Lobo personality, and plot is humor driven. That does not take away the fact that events, and fights happened.

Why isn't Lobo put up against Skyfahters? The same reasons why Thunderstrike is stacked against heralds, and not the likes of Odin.

King Castle
Originally posted by cdtm
Did Seth have his full powers at the time?

He's Skyfather level, right? Nearly equal to the full Odin Force?

So Thunderstrike is Skyfather level now? Sure didn't look it in those scans against Thor, even if his attention was divided. he had brute strength and raw power of a skyfather just not versatility of a skyfather..

kinda how thor and Hulk would match up.

Omega Vision
he had brute strength and raw power of a skyfather just not versatility of a skyfather..

Generally the raw power of a skyfather entails busting Galaxies...or at least Solar Systems.

King Castle
usually that happens in marvel when they are fighting at a higher plane of existence which effects the lower planes...

Bloodstrike was low end or trans.. but he was skyfather in a fashion in pure power.

there are plenty of skyfathers who never once shook the firmament in battle nor have the energy to effect a solar system it doesnt mean they are not skyfathers.

strike had the magic output to harm and kill a skyfather...

the axe itself is described as releasing nova sun explosions.. it isnt hyperbole since its what it has done..

a nova sun would destroy a solar system..

thor manage to survive it when he 1st face executioner.

so i guess by your argument Bloodsrike is wielding skyfather power.
smokin'

plus this is similar to when Odin performed his own soul feat with thor.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike08.jpg

Prep-Man
Generally the raw power of a skyfather entails busting Galaxies...or at least Solar Systems.

Lobo has busted solar systems. I guess that males him skyfather level. evil face

Parmaniac
Seth wasn't doing anything but trash talking, even when Thunderstrike attacked him 2 or 3 times he still kept talking and before he got "killed" (actually Seth even says that he can't be killed he would just destroy his mortal shell and would gain a temporary victory) he only tried to jump on him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.