What do you dislike about your race?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
i thought it be interesting to ask what is it that you dont like or agree with about your race or culture. maybe its something you dont like about yourself that you feel is related with your particular race.

pls share so we can learn from each other.

Quiero Mota
Sonia Sotomayor....the first Hispanic Justice had to be her.

lil bitchiness
The fact that the ideal of a beautiful white woman is a blonde haired, blue eyed, pasty looking person.
And in order to REALLY fulfil the ideal, you must strive to look orange all year around through application of fake tans. I see nothing attractive in looking like an oompa-loompa.

movielover2010
not special.

Bicnarok

Quiero Mota

RE: Blaxican
Spring hair. lol.

I hate the fact that being a ****ing moron is considered a good thing in prototypical black culture. The entire "go dumb, ride the yellow bus" movement was one massive face palm. ****ing brown people.

§P0oONY
Nothing really... As a white person the idea of saying something you like about your race is kind of alien. I guess I kind of like the fact that we have a lot of diversity within the race (not saying others don't, so don't get your panties in a twist)... The fact that we have every hair colour under the sun naturally is pretty cool.

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The fact that the ideal of a beautiful white woman is a blonde haired, blue eyed, pasty looking person.
And in order to REALLY fulfil the ideal, you must strive to look orange all year around through application of fake tans. I see nothing attractive in looking like an oompa-loompa. Who's ideal? Certainly not mine. Most men can't stand that look.

MildPossession
Nothing.

§P0oONY

Rogue Jedi
Sure is alot of talk about race hate here.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
laughing out loud "spring hair"

Also, how is it a problem? If anything, the fact that hair-straightener (aka hair relaxer) exists just goes to show that minorities are subject to the white standard of beauty.

A black friend of mine mentioned it once, said we "whites" were lucky because our hair requires less attention. And I noticed in an Indian/asian shop I buy curry from a lot, has loads of weird hair creams for Asian/indian/black folk.

§P0oONY
I have a black friend who was turned away at a hairdressers because they didn't do his type of hair... He totally made it awkward for them by asking imposing questions.

dadudemon
And in order to REALLY fulfil the ideal, you must strive to look orange all year around through application of fake tans. I see nothing attractive in looking like an oompa-loompa.

laughing laughing

That's almost like a fad for upper-middle class white females in Oklahom and Texas.

FAKE BAKERS UNITE!

I do not find the Oompa Loompa look attractive, at all. A quick look at my facebook gals pals will net you several Oompa Loompa look-alikes. laughing

ExodusCloak

Also, how is it a problem? If anything, the fact that hair-straightener (aka hair relaxer) exists just goes to show that minorities are subject to the white standard of beauty.

Originally posted by Bicnarok
A black friend of mine mentioned it once, said we "whites" were lucky because our hair requires less attention. And I noticed in an Indian/asian shop I buy curry from a lot, has loads of weird hair creams for Asian/indian/black folk.

That's weird cause most extentions and wigs are made out of Asian/Indian hair cause they tend to have very thick and straight hair.

Also remember that a lot pf white people want to be darker hence fake tan and people with darker skin want to whiter with skin lightning tablets/creams. Weird how people aren't happy with their skin colour.

Oh well everyone will be brown in about 500 years.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's weird cause most extentions and wigs are made out of Asian/Indian hair cause they tend to have very thick and straight hair.

Also remember that a lot pf white people want to be darker hence fake tan and people with darker skin want to whiter with skin lightning tablets/creams. Weird how people aren't happy with their skin colour.

Oh well everyone will be brown in about 500 years.

I was thinking that in 500 years, we will not "biologically" exist anymore. We will all be "machines."

Singularity. Kurzwiel. big grin

ADarksideJedi
That alot of people tease you about it.

King Castle
i guess it would be the high cholesterol and predicted shorter life span.. i blame my cultures foods and genes.

amnesia
No complaints here.

Tha C-Master

Also, how is it a problem? If anything, the fact that hair-straightener (aka hair relaxer) exists just goes to show that minorities are subject to the white standard of beauty. That's just like when people say white people tan to look light-skinned.

There is good and bad in every race though. I do hear Blaxican to some degree about being ignorant=being black. This is especially in my home town in more impoverished areas.

Bicnarok

majid86

LMFAO

I think the most beautiful white women imo are those with red/light brown hair and with green or light brown eyes.

I also think mixed raced women mainly of white & asian background are beautiful as hell, go see Katrina Kaif or Diya Mirza for an example.

jimeshten

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by jimeshten
You cannot generalised about a "race"

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/STEREOTYPES.jpg

inevitablewilli
I don't want to discuss about this. There are many things to discuss but i don't want to make them public.

King Castle
another is being short on average and other things..

3kuiR7MNzGo&feature=related

watch at about 8:15 you'll see what i mean.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=538559&pagenumber=2
or watch this at: 0:45

majid86
Another f*cking race thread?

Im bored shitless of these threads

Isn't pasty looking the opposite of tanned?

AsbestosFlaygon
No, I do not.

I'm proud being a Asian/Caucasian hybrid.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Spring hair. lol.

I hate the fact that being a ****ing moron is considered a good thing in prototypical black culture. The entire "go dumb, ride the yellow bus" movement was one massive face palm. ****ing brown people. To be fair, imbecility is generally celebrated in contemporaty western society across class, gender and race.

jimeshten

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by 753
Isn't pasty looking the opposite of tanned?

Your point? If you're upper class English person, blondeness is the ultimate iconic beauty. Tanning is for rich 'modern' kids especially over in the North America.

Pasty has been historically the epitome of beauty, from Europe, to Middle East and all the way to Japan and anything in between. And no, it has nothing to do with Europeans or media.

RE: Blaxican
Sad, that.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Sad, that.

It still is today, if I'm not mistaken.

Your point? If you're upper class English person, blondeness is the ultimate iconic beauty. Tanning is for rich 'modern' kids especially over in the North America.

Pasty has been historically the epitome of beauty, from Europe, to Middle East and all the way to Japan and anything in between. And no, it has nothing to do with Europeans or media.

My point is that you said it's regretable that the beauty standard for white women is pasty and people REALLY trying to live up to it are fake tan orange and I didn't get this. I don't get the connection between blonde and pale either.

Yes, association between a pale complexion for whatever the local standards of skincolor are and female beauty comes from the fact that women are naturally lighter skinned than men and that pale skin is associated with wealth and not labouring under the sun. This has sprouted up on several places on earth sure, but it's not universal either.

Mairuzu
Kinda disappointed that we haven't taken back Texas yet.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by 753
My point is that you said it's regretable that the beauty standard for white women is pasty and people REALLY trying to live up to it are fake tan orange and I didn't get this. I don't get the connection between blonde and pale either.

Yes, association between a pale complexion for whatever the local standards of skincolor are and female beauty comes from the fact that women are naturally lighter skinned than men and that pale skin is associated with wealth and not labouring under the sun. This has sprouted up on several places on earth sure, but it's not universal either.

Because, tanning is the North American thing of beauty and popular with airheads - it's popular 'young thing' right now. I should have added ''MODERN'' in my post in case of people's confusion.The ideal of beauty for Europeans and Euroasians is still pasty, it has always been pasty and it will most likely always be that.
It is mostly American and certain Europeans that strive to be tanned as a result of cultural impact of America. Many other Eurasian women are buying those awful skin bleaching products.

I never said it was 'universal'. I said it went from Europe, to Middle East all the way to Japan and everything in between, meaning Europeans and Euroasians. It is still predominant in those cultures and the covering up in the middle east before Islam was reserved exclusively for rich women who went out.
It is a social status statement...

In Middle Eastern cultures this is still very pronounced...

inimalist
In India, the culture is such that fair skined people are assumed to be of a higher caste, and dark skin is a physical sign of... I forget the term, but like, spirit dirt.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
In India, the culture is such that fair skined people are assumed to be of a higher caste, and dark skin is a physical sign of... I forget the term, but like, spirit dirt.

Yeah, I feel it tends to be worse it caste type society. I read somewhere, that the products for whitening skin have their biggest consumers in Asia - the profit numbers from selling those were something really ridiculous.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Kinda disappointed that we haven't taken back Texas yet. Never happen.

AsbestosFlaygon
Lil B has a point there.

What she said about 'Pasty' being regarded highly in Euroasian countries is entirely true.

I'm half Filipino, and when I visited the Philippines, I notice a lot of whitening products being sold there.
And all of those whitening products are selling like hotcakes on a Sunday morning.

Filipinos generally have a brown complexion, except for the Chinese/European/American hybrids.
Everyone drools over 'pasty' Filipinas. It's like some sort of status symbol there lol.

In Japan, girls with light complexion are given priority. Dark skin represents being rebellious (ie. Ganguro).
Even in Hentai, you'll notice that there are more fair-skinned girls depicted rather than dark-skinned girls.

The MISTER
The fact that we classify races at all.

Worst trait of the human race.

chomperx9
The fact that my race doesnt have the same freedom of speech and to stand up for their race as others.

Stoic
What do you dislike about your race?

I dislike that the human race (as in one race) segregates itself because of the color of skin, ethnicity, religion, money, sexuality, language, class, and creed. I often find myself wondering if we as a people have evolved mentally past what was believed to be cave men, and I still don't have an answer. Will we ever get it? Will we ever see the bigger picture?

inimalist
Yeah, I feel it tends to be worse it caste type society. I read somewhere, that the products for whitening skin have their biggest consumers in Asia - the profit numbers from selling those were something really ridiculous.

weird, but now that you mention it, I do think I remember one of my profs saying something about that...

seems so strange, still, at least from the perspective over here.

Liberator
**** white people

majid86

Bingo

If you have light skin you are more respected than if you have dark skin.
I think its bullshit because i dont but into this whole 'White Myth' theory at all.

But you do get lots of naturally light skin people in the Punjab/Kashmir region. in fact, the word 'Gori or 'Gora' originally means an Asian person who is light skinned.
Now it's the same word Asians use to describe White British people.

Mr. Rhythmic
The difficulty to get a tan.

chomperx9
Originally posted by majid86
Bingo

I think its bullshit because i dont but into this whole 'White Myth' theory at all.

Its the other way around these days.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
Its the other way around these days.

Nope. People keep doing studies about that in the West. White people are consistently seen as "better" or more normal by people of every race.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nope. People keep doing studies about that in the West. White people are consistently seen as "better" or more normal by people of every race. might be seen as better but that does not mean they are getting the same respect from other races

The point she was adressing is that pale skin, compared to whatever is average for a given population of single 'race', is often associated with beauty and status for women, particularly among white women. Not white vs other 'races'.

ExodusCloak
Because, tanning is the North American thing of beauty and popular with airheads - it's popular 'young thing' right now. I should have added ''MODERN'' in my post in case of people's confusion.The ideal of beauty for Europeans and Euroasians is still pasty, it has always been pasty and it will most likely always be that.
It is mostly American and certain Europeans that strive to be tanned as a result of cultural impact of America. Many other Eurasian women are buying those awful skin bleaching products.

I never said it was 'universal'. I said it went from Europe, to Middle East all the way to Japan and everything in between, meaning Europeans and Euroasians. It is still predominant in those cultures and the covering up in the middle east before Islam was reserved exclusively for rich women who went out.

In Middle Eastern cultures this is still very pronounced...

I don't know about that, I think Western Europe is heading towards the tanned part. I don't know that much about what people think in Eastern Europe.

In Ireland and UK anyway being pasty is not widely considered attractive. French, Dutch and Germans tend to get naturally tanned when their in the sun.

Being olive skinned has always been considered attractive amongst the mediterranean countries too.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I don't know about that, I think Western Europe is heading towards the tanned part. I don't know that much about what people think in Eastern Europe.

In Ireland and UK anyway being pasty is not widely considered attractive. French, Dutch and Germans tend to get naturally tanned when their in the sun.

Being olive skinned has always been considered attractive amongst the mediterranean countries too.

I believe olive skin has been found attractive very recently. As you know, in the Middle Ages, women were putting lead powder on their face to be pastier.

It has always had to do with a social status across Eurasia - being olive skinned or tanned for a lot of people was a clear indication one was a peasant, meaning having to work in the field and thus having a tan. It also indicated that your whole family came from the long line of peasants if everyone was tanned.
Light skinned people meant that they were of higher social status, not having to work in the field, and what more, it meant their family was rich or coming from a long line of rich people (non-tanned).

This is not to be confused with blonde people with blue eyes type ''pastyness''. For many Eurasian countries and S. European, dark brown hair or black with very white skin is considered amazingly beautiful. This is especially true today in many places in the Middle East.

My point was, that whiteness of the skin isn't a colonial or western media thing for those of other places. Blonde hair, yes, but skin colour, not really.

StyleTime
I detest my race's vunerability to red sun radiation. The kryptonite I can deal with usually.

majid86
lol

traglee
For me it is just about elderly people's superstitious beliefs that they push youth to take it as part of the culture

Chrstna Barrett
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
No, I do not.

I'm proud being a Asian/Caucasian hybrid. "That's the way it should be.."Originally posted by lil bitchiness

In Middle Eastern cultures this is still very pronounced... I really want pink skin. Supposedly white skin gets pinker than tan. I just don't want it to look yellow. I do like getting red in the sun. Maybe that's because I'm part Native American.Originally posted by inimalist
In India, the culture is such that fair skined people are assumed to be of a higher caste, and dark skin is a physical sign of... I forget the term, but like, spirit dirt. Well, you can be fair and live in a different clime. I think deep skin is attractive. Keeping skin from the sun is okay. Up north it's easy to get light skin. Therefore it will look pink from the sun rather than yellow.Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah, I feel it tends to be worse it caste type society. I read somewhere, that the products for whitening skin have their biggest consumers in Asia - the profit numbers from selling those were something really ridiculous. Sorry that's kinda sick. messedOriginally posted by Rogue Jedi
Never happen. lolOriginally posted by majid86
Bingo

But you do get lots of naturally light skin people in the Punjab/Kashmir region. in fact, the word 'Gori or 'Gora' originally means an Asian person who is light skinned.
Now it's the same word Asians use to describe White British people. I think you should go for light skin if that's what you want. It's not hard to get a tan unless you're fat and white. I used to be thin and white. I had a strict diet.

The only African black I saw born was born white. It is my belief that people tan because they find other cultures attractive who have tan skin. I just love pink skin so much, and that happens to people with very white skin. I am mad at myself for ruining how pink my skin was, but I'm getting back the pink slowly and surely. Yellow skin doesn't flush and neither does indian red.

I think that white people who are fat are the lightest or those goths, though goths only have white and not pink skin. I did lose weight, which I wanted more, it seemed when I went in the sun. It was a lotta fun, but I'm waiting for it to get light again. I have a constant irritation now from going in the sun, but nothing happened to my skin because I stay out of the sun.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Lil B has a point there.

What she said about 'Pasty' being regarded highly in Euroasian countries is entirely true.

I'm half Filipino, and when I visited the Philippines, I notice a lot of whitening products being sold there.
And all of those whitening products are selling like hotcakes on a Sunday morning.

Filipinos generally have a brown complexion, except for the Chinese/European/American hybrids.
Everyone drools over 'pasty' Filipinas. It's like some sort of status symbol there lol.

In Japan, girls with light complexion are given priority. Dark skin represents being rebellious (ie. Ganguro).
Even in Hentai, you'll notice that there are more fair-skinned girls depicted rather than dark-skinned girls. You're Filipino? I'm Chinese-Indonesian, but only my mom so I'm pretty white because she's fairer out of her race. Pretty much I don't think half means it ruins you. I'm pretty much at the brink of half white half Asian. I saw other part Asians. This one person had not eyelid line. I'm proud my mom is an islander. I would never want to not have the eyelid line. I know it shows intelligence sometimes, but some people just don't look right. I think most Asians sway public thought of putting up with someone who looks very pretty but has Asian because often their other side like mine will be said to have Native American and Jewish.

inimalist
Originally posted by Chrstna Barrett
Well, you can be fair and live in a different clime. I think deep skin is attractive. Keeping skin from the sun is okay. Up north it's easy to get light skin. Therefore it will look pink from the sun rather than yellow.

that is wholly unrelated to what lil and I were discussing...

within racial groups, skin tone varies. Within south asians, there are people who are naturally lighter or darker

traditionally, the caste system in india has said that people with lighter skin are from a higher caste

Chrstna Barrett
Okay, but I'm not sure because I know there are tan Asians in the northwest of China and that they are considered most intelligent and Oriental. It's true that each country has certain people who are fairer and who are not moreso. Sometimes though the less-European looking ones are whiter, so it has to be both whiter and more European to match white people. I heard South China was the only ones that looked European.

english.cctv.com/20091220/102471.shtml

EurasianNation has HK Chi people, which is what the man is. My mom is more like the girl in this picture and has that white look but tanned like a European. Sometimes her face does get tight but not much because her ancestors were Indonesian for so long, around 500 years. She's short because she was #1 in gymnastics in high school and grew up thin and taking ballet from the Dutch in Indonesia. She only practices the Asian culture here, having ornaments and going to the Chinese center for Tai Chi and sometimes getting Asian food. She doesn't have one of those looks that's like yellow looking. She's more gray looking when she flushes in a way and I used to see her skin lighter like that in ways more than mine. I don't know why my skin was not willed to be white and pink, but it was white. I got a little older and got a tan and some pink in my skin.

I always just wanted to look European and wished I'd have blonde hair because Europeans with black hair are hard to connect to often. I'm sure there are a nice variety out there though. I feel thankful not to look like this guy at EurasianNation.com who has no eyelid. The skin around his eyes to me shows muscle and intelligence, but he seemed to not put effort to look white and seems to feel smarter for it. I can tell though that these people go through feelings that people who don't look Asian are a certain way, but I never like it when I see someone who puts people down for blood.

inimalist
Okay, but I'm not sure

then trust me on this

because I know there are tan Asians in the northwest of China

caste system in India, dealing with people who are racially South Asian

nothing to do with China

Chrstna Barrett
Okay. Thanks for talking with me.

Okay, but I'm not sure because I know there are tan Asians in the northwest of China and that they are considered most intelligent and Oriental. It's true that each country has certain people who are fairer and who are not moreso. Sometimes though the less-European looking ones are whiter, so it has to be both whiter and more European to match white people. I heard South China was the only ones that looked European.

english.cctv.com/20091220/102471.shtml

EurasianNation has HK Chi people, which is what the man is. My mom is more like the girl in this picture and has that white look but tanned like a European. Sometimes her face does get tight but not much because her ancestors were Indonesian for so long, around 500 years. She's short because she was #1 in gymnastics in high school and grew up thin and taking ballet from the Dutch in Indonesia. She only practices the Asian culture here, having ornaments and going to the Chinese center for Tai Chi and sometimes getting Asian food. She doesn't have one of those looks that's like yellow looking. She's more gray looking when she flushes in a way and I used to see her skin lighter like that in ways more than mine. I don't know why my skin was not willed to be white and pink, but it was white. I got a little older and got a tan and some pink in my skin.

I always just wanted to look European and wished I'd have blonde hair because Europeans with black hair are hard to connect to often. I'm sure there are a nice variety out there though. I feel thankful not to look like this guy at EurasianNation.com who has no eyelid. The skin around his eyes to me shows muscle and intelligence, but he seemed to not put effort to look white and seems to feel smarter for it. I can tell though that these people go through feelings that people who don't look Asian are a certain way, but I never like it when I see someone who puts people down for blood.

This wanting an eyelid fold thing is quite bizarre. The desire for european looks is mostly a nonsensical product of colonization. Asian features are actualy extremelly popular in western nations, specially for women.

The aesthetic value traditionally placed in white skin for females in some societies comes from the fact that the elites didn't work under the sun and that women are naturally fairer on average than men across all populations. It has nothing to do with looking white or european.

Inept Genius
NOTHING! we are vastly superior beings to you tiny human filth!

JacopeX
How most young Hispanics turn out when they migrate to the US and let the negative influence poison them and creating a disgrace upon the general image of the communities. Especially the Hispanics born here. -_-

There is so much more I can add about my own race, but i'll leave it at that. But just for the record, I don't hate any race.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
The aesthetic value traditionally placed in white skin for females in some societies comes from the fact that the elites didn't work under the sun and that women are naturally fairer on average than men across all populations. It has nothing to do with looking white or european.

I don't even think it carries over

while Indians might think light skined Indians are of higher caste, I don't think that extends to them thinking white people are superior

Akainu
I don't hate my own race.

I dislike people who think we have small wangs though.

I don't even think it carries over

while Indians might think light skined Indians are of higher caste, I don't think that extends to them thinking white people are superior Right, I didnt say it does, I said it's been traditionally considered prettier for women for the association with higher social status and female fairness, not just in India either. Her post implied wanting to look european and I know wanting to have eyelid folds is a common trend in female asian youth cause westerners have them.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
Right, I didnt say it does, I said it's been traditionally considered prettier for women for the association with higher social status and female fairness, not just in India either.

didn't mean to imply that you did, just trying to keep the conversation going.

it is an interesting point though... and come to think of it, do they apply it to Africans? I dont know a whole lot about race identity and stuff in South Asia, but do they also have a history of anti-black racism? is it related?

Originally posted by 753
Her post implied wanting to look european and I know wanting to have eyelid folds is a common trend in female asian youth cause westerners have them.

and this has more to do with colonialism than globalization?

didn't mean to imply that you did, just trying to keep the conversation going.

it is an interesting point though... and come to think of it, do they apply it to Africans? I dont know a whole lot about race identity and stuff in South Asia, but do they also have a history of anti-black racism? is it related?

and this has more to do with colonialism than globalization?

Haven't heard of cultural predilections for female fairness in Africa - keep in mind I'm talking about fair and dark within the context of a population here, not predilection for white skin.

Well, once could make the claim that globalism is just more imperialism shifty but without going there, I became aware of this eyelid thing when I saw this tv show that adressed it, then I rmembered it when asian women in europe brought it up in some conersations and I got the impression that it went further back then the last 3 decades. IIRC older generations were also into the western eyelid crap and girl's mothers would teach them how to use make up to fake it. It could be fairly recent and more concentrated in asian descended populations in the west though. I'm not certain of where exactly it comes from. It's actually ironic because typical asian features are considered exotic and desirable by huge chunk of the population in the west.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by 753
Right, I didnt say it does, I said it's been traditionally considered prettier for women for the association with higher social status and female fairness, not just in India either. Her post implied wanting to look european and I know wanting to have eyelid folds is a common trend in female asian youth cause westerners have them.

However, those are not to ''be'' European. It isn't only Europeans that have eye folds.

That's beside the point, because around 50% of East Asians are born with folds while other 50% are not. It's all down to chance and somewhat genetics.

Prominent Chinese actor, Chen Kun -
http://content6.flixster.com/photo/97/62/26/9762260_tml.jpg

He has ''European'' eyes, but he is no less Chinese.

Akainu
However, those are not to ''be'' European. It isn't only Europeans that have eye folds.

That's beside the point, because around 50% of East Asians are born with folds while other 50% are not. It's all down to chance and somewhat genetics.

He has ''European'' eyes, but he is no less Chinese.

My people look ridiculous without folds. Admit it.

He has ''European'' eyes, but he is no less Chinese. Yes, double eyelids occur naturally among asians, so it might just be a prefrence for that particular and equally asian look, but the asian people I've talked to about it saw it as some kind of internalization of western standards in detriment of natural and uniquely asian looks, as the single eyelid is absent from non-asian populations. They were pretty angered at the use of cosmetics and surgery to turn the single eyelid into a double.

Mr Parker
The white man butchered to death the indians and has screwed up this world,thats what I hate about my race.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The white man butchered to death the indians and has screwed up this world,thats what I hate about my race. That's all just a lie propagated by the white man to keep us down.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The white man butchered to death the indians and has screwed up this world,thats what I hate about my race.

Oh yeah, killing the Indians was definitely the worst thing white people ever did.

King Castle
killing 80 to 90% is pretty high up there as the worse genocide of a race if i ever heard of one.

inimalist
Oh yeah, killing the Indians was definitely the worst thing white people ever did.

being honest, that whole colonial, manifest destiny era doesn't look to good on us

siriuswriter
I really hate that all American white people seem to have the reputation as heartless capitalists. And that we, as a whole, seem to have underminded all the other races to their extreme detriment. Of course there are people who have done so, and a lot of American white history is quite shameful. But it's just like putting a stereotype on another race or ethnicity.

Oh, and of course, all of us must be Republicans, because American whites want to continue to keep the majority down.

Makes me want to invent something that makes people think before they speak and think more before they act.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Makes me want to invent something that makes people think before they speak and think more before they act.

That's easy. You could have a ubiquitous police presence at all times enforcing Draconian social rules, or be clever and get people to oppress themselves on the cheap by making sure everyone has a gun.

Kinneary
What do I hate about the white race.....

You can see our veins through our skin sometimes.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Kinneary

You can see our veins through our skin sometimes. Eww yeah, that's true. Good one.

lil bitchiness
That's easy. You could have a ubiquitous police presence at all times enforcing Draconian social rules, or be clever and get people to oppress themselves on the cheap by making sure everyone has a gun.

Or you could also create a massive social stigma against anyone who thinks or says anything other than what you want them to.

You can see our veins through our skin sometimes. I kinda like that.

siriuswriter

You can see our veins through our skin sometimes.

Dude, my skin is like - transparent. I've had chemotherapy and so I can't go out in the sun at all. It's like I'm glowing blue from the inside. But then you can see them on my neck and cheeks sometime - so that gets creepy.

King Castle

You can see our veins through our skin sometimes. i hate that too.. hate seeing that on my girls especially the one on their bewbz, mildly a turn off. smokin'

inimalist
I really hate that all American white people seem to have the reputation as heartless capitalists. And that we, as a whole, seem to have underminded all the other races to their extreme detriment. Of course there are people who have done so, and a lot of American white history is quite shameful. But it's just like putting a stereotype on another race or ethnicity.

Oh, and of course, all of us must be Republicans, because American whites want to continue to keep the majority down.

not to worry, outside of the states we think of white americans as rednecks with a truck-boat-truck, sawed off and chewing tobacco

King Castle

Makes me want to invent something that makes people think before they speak and think more before they act. what about american history, its full of racism and genocide that is white washed in history class and ignored even misinformation of culture as close to another state and country next door is so skewed that it is nothing but propaganda.

putting american born mexicans and indians on a bus from california and sending them to mexico stealing their land and possessions.

herding American indian meso americans to mexico or canada. what about the near extinction of Native americans and the meso americans?

white america has more to be shameful then any other modern country including hitler.. smokin' evil face

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by King Castle
what about american history, its full of racism and genocide that is white washed in history class and ignored even misinformation of culture as close to another state and country next door is so skewed that it is nothing but propaganda.

putting american born mexicans and indians on a bus from california and sending them to mexico stealing their land and possessions.

herding American indian meso americans to mexico or canada. what about the near extinction of Native americans and the meso americans?

white america has more to be shameful then any other modern country including hitler.. smokin' evil face Hitler's a country? You saying he won?

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Hitler's a country? You saying he won? damn, right. the Reich was hitler.hitler
meant the atrocity and death toll of hitler
anyways to add insult white america now consider meso american/mexican/native indegenous illegals barring them from their own land of birth via an arbitrary line and standard of race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRQb7zOeYWk&feature=related

f#$%@ manifest destiny and anyone who thinks its okay.

Lord Lucien
barring them from their own land of birth via an arbitrary line and standard of race. Just living up to the human precedent.

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Just living up to the human precedent. which is?

siriuswriter
what about american history, its full of racism and genocide that is white washed in history class and ignored even misinformation of culture as close to another state and country next door is so skewed that it is nothing but propaganda.

white america has more to be shameful then any other modern country including hitler.. smokin' evil face

which is why i did mention that i know that white americans have had a shameful past. however, not every white american is like that, not every white american WAS like that... like abolitionists? people who ran safe houses for the underground railroad... early pioneers go co-existed with the native americans...

there always have been people who have been on both sides of the issues. statements like yours are... bleh. nauseating to me.

Lord Lucien
which is? That humans are inherent assholes that have been herding, corralling, segregating, isolating, blocking, cuckolding, oppressing, repressing, abducting, screwing (over), starving, killing, and genociding each other since time immemorial.

Symmetric Chaos

How does having ancestors who did terrible things say anything about me? Besides, my family is descended from recent white immigrants.

At least we're not as bad as the cyanobacter.

At least we're not as bad as the cyanobacter. True, but you're only marginally better.

King Castle
How does having ancestors who did terrible things say anything about me? Besides, my family is descended from recent white immigrants.

At least we're not as bad as the cyanobacter. i didnt say you specifically or anyone. but, if anything people who actively support and create racial/immigrant laws to protect their "america" is the problem.

i dont hold any one individual modern person responsible just those who actively feel they have a right to be here and not others as if their birth gives him more right to an american job then those who cross the boarder and who is actually a descendant of some one of this land.

any white, black, asian,brown person who can respect an individual and knows he has no more right to this land then another is cool with me and who acknowledges that this land was taken and the government laws are wrong and need to be changed.

skekUng
That kind of sounds exactly like holding modern US citizens responsible for the actions of their ancestors or predecessors. How can you say the modern laws observed by the US must in all cases yeild to a descendant of native people without feeling that way?

That has nothing to do with the actual laws in question, only your reasoning for their illegitimacy. I certainly believe the laws should be altered; not based on some sort of aboriginal sentimentality, but on the current human circumstances.

inimalist
Originally posted by skekUng
That has nothing to do with the actual laws in question, only your reasoning for their illegitimacy. I certainly believe the laws should be altered; not based on some sort of aboriginal sentimentality, but on the current human circumstances.

there is a total difference between a nation recognizing the attrocities of colonialists over the people indegenous to North America, even those which are ongoing, and actually doing something to better their condition "sentimentally" (see: Canada)

it seems king castle really only wants the former

King Castle
i found this sad, i didnt think canada had at one time bn as bad as america or the mexican spanish government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryC74bbrEE

ZYB-aF_MlB0

Originally posted by skekUng
That kind of sounds exactly like holding modern US citizens responsible for the actions of their ancestors or predecessors. How can you say the modern laws observed by the US must in all cases yeild to a descendant of native people without feeling that way?

That has nothing to do with the actual laws in question, only your reasoning for their illegitimacy. I certainly believe the laws should be altered; not based on some sort of aboriginal sentimentality, but on the current human circumstances. What laws are you refering to specifically?

Lord Lucien
i found this sad, i didnt think canada had at one time bn as bad as america or the mexican spanish government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryC74bbrEE

ZYB-aF_MlB0 Yeah, we're veritable genocidests.

I hope you're not from Canada.

skekUng
there is a total difference between a nation recognizing the attrocities of colonialists over the people indegenous to North America, even those which are ongoing, and actually doing something to better their condition "sentimentally" (see: Canada)

ongoing? sentimentality? Or Mexican Nationals v US Native Americans? Don't muddy the waters just to be right.

King Castle
here you go about what is wrong.

mNfY9Vewgis
native indeginous ppl north and south are genetically identical different language tribe but its still the same ppl.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3935/is_200601/ai_n17184253/

http://calstate.fullerton.edu/news/2005/170_mex_deportation.html

skekUng
here you go about what is wrong.

native indeginous ppl north and south are genetically identical different language tribe but its still the same ppl.

Indigenous isn't a matter of borders, even after the newcomers have been here for 400 years and become indigenous themselves. If you're expecting the United States to pack tent and jump the next slave boat back to the old world, you're dillusional. Again, you express a bias that you claimed not to have when you first expressed your perspective.

skekUng

Recognizing is fine. Expecting that recognition to come with anything more than an apology is likely unrealistic. You are making an unfair assumption of my use of sentimentality.

King Castle
the point is that ppl are being aressted and departed for refusing or not having I.D. or not having birth certificate, social or speaking english.

here is the problem with that Arizona has the largest reservation of any state. http://www.aaanativearts.com/arizona-reservations-sm.jpg

the problem being that real indigenous ppl are being deported for not caring I.D. having a social, birth certificate and whatnot.. you might think that is good the problem is that is not a requirement to make you an american citizen never has bn. the problem is cops have bn arresting and deporting legitimate americans and sending them to mexico.. b/c they dont speak english.. forgetting that a large population of indians on the rez dont need nor all speak english..

this is basically another form of forcing ppl to change to the white american ideal of what should be american.

plus, some indigenous ppl who have white family members have not bn stopped or deported making it even worse. one claimed that his german white cousin was stopped by a cop he didnt speak english and was simply let go and he was living in america illegally.

ppl are pissed b/c they see what is happening here say thing thats bn happening for centuries.. and saying you bn here for a few hundred years does not make you indigenous. erm

also cops, sheriff have bn violating reservation laws and over reaching their authority when they come on tribal land.

no brown person should ever feel afraid to walk out in the street b/c they dont speak english or have a birth certificate or a social especially when no laws says you have to speak english or have a social security for government identification when the law is clear it is not to be used in that way.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=538559&pagenumber=6#post13035561
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTVJoEq17mE&feature=related
anyways.... what i hate about my race..

there is large praise for ones that look white and looking down on indigenous features.

MHalverson
The fact that there aren't many of us! I am American Indian...part of the Yurok tribe.

skekUng
So, what do we call the generations of white people who were born here? Indigenous is clearly not the correct term, but the intent behind using it are basically the same. I get what you're saying, I really do. I'm one of those guys who thinks that Israel need not exist if it can't take care of itself. However, at this point, the United State and all those white people who live here now aren't going anywhere. And, like it or not, the laws that rule this soverign nation aren't going to suddenly be rendered moot because of squating rights. I think the new Arizona laws are absurd. But that also doesn't alter my feelings on illegal citizens in this country.

the ninjak
Yeah I hate the majority of the human race.

KidRock
How easily we burn under the sun..not cool.

StarCraft2
terran race cannot use recalls like protoss.
terran race have no melee units(starcraft2) or 1 unit melee that does crap damage (starcraft broodwar) unlike zerg or protoss
terrans got no shields like protoss
terrans got no innate healing like zerg
terrans take too much man power to have a good defensive position
terrans have crap damage on air

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.