Darkseid vs Thor Melee Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Thor gets his hammer. No energy attacks.

Who wins?

aztec
Darkseid

Bentley
DS more often than not. He's quite faster and very skilled even if at times he shows a glass jaw. Thor gets some wins thanks to his hammer.

aztec

Black bolt z
Originally posted by aztec
Darkseid

iceman24567
Darkseid

Stoic

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
But Thor is nearly as powerful as Superman, mon ami. Some might even say that he is more powerful.

Not in melee though.

amnesia

ankur29
DS 10/10

Warlord
Darkseid will do as he should against superman.
win

Warlord
Originally posted by Bentley
He's quite faster

meh

Stoic
Even if Darkseid went all out and used his omega assaults, Thor would pull some wins. Mjolnir is powerful enough to hold his energy assaults at off. Thor is also strong enough to match Darkseid on average.

If Superman is a physical rival, as well as Orion, Thor is as well. Now I know someone is going to pull out Darkseid's most impressive feats, but if this happens, we need to take into account that Thor's higher end battle feats are pretty good too.

I can't even see how anyone could claim that Darkseid is a better fighter due to experience.

The fact is that Darkseid is not capable of just steam rolling a guy on Thor's level, not after being embarrassed by Superman so many times. I can see if it happened once or twice, but c'mon, Superman has beaten Darkseid soundly at least five times in DC comics history.

Nihilist
DS wins handily

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
DS wins handily

Not if Thor goes berserk on him, and feeds him Uru sandwiches.

Nihilist
Not if Thor goes berserk on him, and feeds him Uru sandwiches. Thor isnt Superman.

Stoic
Thor isnt Superman.

Thor's fight with Superman was so close that on any given day he would have won. Now despite popular opinion, Superman and Gladiator filled with win, run at about the same level. Thor can take Gladiator at peak levels, and he can take Superman as well.

Doomsday cracked Darkseid's hide, Superman has too, and Thor would take a few himself. Just remember that Superman has been dropped by less powerful guys than Thor. We should go with his median levels (Superman), as not to over hype, or low ball him, Darkseid, or Thor.

slimkid
Even if Darkseid went all out and used his omega assaults, Thor would pull some wins. Mjolnir is powerful enough to hold his energy assaults at off. Thor is also strong enough to match Darkseid on average.

If Superman is a physical rival, as well as Orion, Thor is as well. Now I know someone is going to pull out Darkseid's most impressive feats, but if this happens, we need to take into account that Thor's higher end battle feats are pretty good too.

I can't even see how anyone could claim that Darkseid is a better fighter due to experience.

The fact is that Darkseid is not capable of just steam rolling a guy on Thor's level, not after being embarrassed by Superman so many times. I can see if it happened once or twice, but c'mon, Superman has beaten Darkseid soundly at least five times in DC comics history.

dude when it comes to brawling superman is a better brawler and a fighter then thor so dont try to compare them , when ever things come to brawl thor is always on the losing side like with hulk, hercules, curse and many others , thor is overall powerful but if we talk only about brawling the man got humiliated by hercules he is no match for superman in a melee and definitely not darkseid

slimkid
Thor's fight with Superman was so close that on any given day he would have won. Now despite popular opinion, Superman and Gladiator filled with win, run at about the same level. Thor can take Gladiator at peak levels, and he can take Superman as well.

Doomsday cracked Darkseid's hide, Superman has too, and Thor would take a few himself. Just remember that Superman has been dropped by less powerful guys than Thor. We should go with his median levels (Superman), as not to over hype, or low ball him, Darkseid, or Thor.

first of all in there crossover fight they werent close at all superman sent thor out of the fight with a single punch he owned thor dont make things out of your ass

you are asuming gladiator is on supermans levels and by that you are claming thor can beat superman as well? thats very ignorent because abc logic never works and superman got by far much better fighting feats than that crapy ass mowhak purple bafoon who got owned by freakin gambit and went toe 2 toe with colossus sorry but gladiator is overrated and you fail with that logic

you are comparing thor with doomsday? doomsday would crap on thor at any given day seing how kurse humiliating thor every time they fight and doomsday is >> kurse

Stoic
Originally posted by slimkid
dude when it comes to brawling superman is a better brawler and a fighter then thor so dont try to compare them , when ever things come to brawl thor is always on the losing side like with hulk, hercules, curse and many others , thor is overall powerful but if we talk only about brawling the man got humiliated by hercules he is no match for superman in a melee and definitely not darkseid

He seemed to have broke the mold that you're placing him in when he did the Infinity Watch dirty though, am I right? If you use his low showings only you're low balling. The Hulk is another subject completely, he broke Onslaught in a slug it out, so he doesn't count. Superman can't really fight that well, he's just speed, Gladiator on the other hand is a trained ... well gladiator. Darkseid is no faster than Thor melee wise, and won't be teeing off on Thor like a Superman would. Thor has beaten Gladiator, so him beating Superman isn't as far fetched as you might at first think. Darkseid isn't steam rolling Thor.

Stoic
first of all in there crossover fight they werent close at all superman sent thor out of the fight with a single punch he owned thor dont make things out of your ass

you are asuming gladiator is on supermans levels and by that you are claming thor can beat superman as well? thats very ignorent because abc logic never works and superman got by far much better fighting feats than that crapy ass mowhak purple bafoon who got owned by freakin gambit and went toe 2 toe with colossus sorry but gladiator is overrated and you fail with that logic

you are comparing thor with doomsday? doomsday would crap on thor at any given day seing how kurse humiliating thor every time they fight and doomsday is >> kurse

Uhm Batman has beaten Superman in the past Slim. Thor's battle with Superman left him a wreck, as you could see on panel. I also saw that Thor sent him crashing though a forest of trees, so no you're wrong, Thor is on the level, and so is Gladiator. You're low balling.

As for Doomsday being greater than Kurse, well thats arguable, and Rex was soundly trashed by Superman, and didn't Captain Atom go toe to toe with Superman, melee wise, and hold his own? We can both play this high low game. On Average Superman and Thor are in the same league. Konvikt did what to Superman again? Come now.

slimkid
konvikt? thor was owned by captain america, iron patriot, taskmaster, wolverine act act so? he was even owned by spider-man and admited spider-man is too fast for him , thor in a melee fight = worthless , with his hammer he might achieve something but still he is no match for top brawlers like superman

and as i said before just because he beat gladiator doesnt prove anything since gladiator isnt = superman, superman got by far better showings specially fighting showings than gladiator who cant fight for shit ... gladiator is all about strength and flight while superman can actually fight and by your logic i can asume that if superman beat darkseid who is suppose to be a thanos level then superman > thanos right? stop with the abc logic

slimkid
and the thing with doomsday? you really think thor or kurse are match for him? he is a high caliber team wrecker he handed superman darkseid and green lantern there asses and if we are talking about HP doomsday then its an overkill i would even say HP doomsday will beat thor superman and darkseid at the same time in a fist fight

-Pr-
Originally posted by amnesia
**** off with the gay ass language and go write some shitty superman fanfic you Frenchfag.

I don't know what the hell you think you're doing, but that's a warning. Don't let me catch you talking like that to ANYONE again.

Uhm Batman has beaten Superman in the past Slim. Thor's battle with Superman left him a wreck, as you could see on panel. I also saw that Thor sent him crashing though a forest of trees, so no you're wrong, Thor is on the level, and so is Gladiator. You're low balling.

As for Doomsday being greater than Kurse, well thats arguable, and Rex was soundly trashed by Superman, and didn't Captain Atom go toe to toe with Superman, melee wise, and hold his own? We can both play this high low game. On Average Superman and Thor are in the same league. Konvikt did what to Superman again? Come now.

but Batman wouldn't beat Superman in any reasonable fight.

Stoic
konvikt? thor was owned by captain america, iron patriot, taskmaster, wolverine act act so? he was even owned by spider-man and admited spider-man is too fast for him , thor in a melee fight = worthless , with his hammer he might achieve something but still he is no match for top brawlers like superman

and as i said before just because he beat gladiator doesnt prove anything since gladiator isnt = superman, superman got by far better showings specially fighting showings than gladiator who cant fight for shit ... gladiator is all about strength and flight while superman can actually fight and by your logic i can asume that if superman beat darkseid who is suppose to be a thanos level then superman > thanos right? stop with the abc logic

Blood and Thunder would disagree with your opinion of Thor, he was handling a very powerful team of individuals like the best team wreckers in the business. I wasn't purposely using ABC logic, but I had to match your low balling efforts to get your point across, which was pure fail.

Sorry Slim, but you don't get it, Thor is badass when written correctly. Did you take into account that he was hit by Sentry before he was taken down by Iron Patriot, and his goon squad? Sentry turned Asgard to dust, and ripped Ares in two, This is not as poor a showing as you're letting on! Superman has his own low showings, should I stoop to that level?

Now, while I realize, that it is beneath many posters to admit that the guy that they are arguing for has had low showings, Superman has had many. Thanos vs Darkseid, or Superman? Let's not go there ok Thanos would stomp both (separately) in melee combat due to on panel evidence of him tanking Thor's hits with the Power Gem in tow.

When we're talking about Thor having the strength to open a Celestials armor like a can, or the fact that he can shift to warrior madness mode, I'm saying that yes he can take a few victories from Darkseid, who got wailed on several times by Superman. Konvikt flattened him with one punch, and the Avengers comprised of She-Hulk, Wonderman, Ironman, Vision, and Hercules put Superman down in one panel, The Hulk took on a stronger team than this assortment and was winning, and Thor was stalemating that same mindless version of the Hulk a couple comics before said event.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't know what the hell you think you're doing, but that's a warning. Don't let me catch you talking like that to ANYONE again.

but Batman wouldn't beat Superman in any reasonable fight.

Neither would Captain America, or Spiderman under normal conditions. Hey this goes two ways when we choose to low ball.

-Pr-
i didn't read his post. my bad.

Stoic
i didn't read his post. my bad.

Pr he has some good points, and I admit that Darkseid is a handful for Thor, but I was just arguing that Darkseid wouldn't just steam roll Thor, and that it is conceivable that he could lose a few, if the situation was right.

Bentley
Pr he has some good points, and I admit that Darkseid is a handful for Thor, but I was just arguing that Darkseid wouldn't just steam roll Thor, and that it is conceivable that he could lose a few, if the situation was right.

My take since the beginning, the hammer is an important item in this fight.

slimkid
Blood and Thunder would disagree with your opinion of Thor, he was handling a very powerful team of individuals like the best team wreckers in the business. I wasn't purposely using ABC logic, but I had to match your low balling efforts to get your point across, which was pure fail.

Sorry Slim, but you don't get it, Thor is badass when written correctly. Did you take into account that he was hit by Sentry before he was taken down by Iron Patriot, and his goon squad? Sentry turned Asgard to dust, and ripped Ares in two, This is not as poor a showing as you're letting on! Superman has his own low showings, should I stoop to that level?

Now, while I realize, that it is beneath many posters to admit that the guy that they are arguing for has had low showings, Superman has had many. Thanos vs Darkseid, or Superman? Let's not go there ok Thanos would stomp both (separately) in melee combat due to on panel evidence of him tanking Thor's hits with the Power Gem in tow.

When we're talking about Thor having the strength to open a Celestials armor like a can, or the fact that he can shift to warrior madness mode, I'm saying that yes he can take a few victories from Darkseid, who got wailed on several times by Superman. Konvikt flattened him with one punch, and the Avengers comprised of She-Hulk, Wonderman, Ironman, Vision, and Hercules put Superman down in one panel, The Hulk took on a stronger team than this assortment and was winning, and Thor was stalemating that same mindless version of the Hulk a couple comics before said event.

Neither would Captain America, or Spiderman under normal conditions. Hey this goes two ways when we choose to low ball.

when we describe some character abilities we go by the majority right? and blood and thunder must be the one and only wanked to death storyline where the writers give the thor fanboys there wet dreams on panel but if we judge thor overall the blood and thunder crap is what a 1% out of his entire carrer? most of his fights and i do mean most of his fights he gets his ass handed to him and if you dont know that you can search the ownege thread and see that almost at any page you see thor getting stabed trashed punched bleeding and what ever lying on the floor beaten andbruised so blood and thunder is PIS because thor is at hercules levels at the best

the thing with sentry so you are saying a single hit from sentry can depower thor so much? i thoughthe is a bad ass isnt he? all of you thor fanboys always argue he is sooo durable and got so much damage soak and now what? a single hit from sentry is enough to trash his shit up? give me a break... it wasnt even stated he was hurt from that single punch but i tell you what did hurt him .. the U FOES bust his shit open and those were 3 members all class 40 that got there asses later kicked by captain america and nick fury, hell you can even see taskmaster making thor bleed with his shield but after thor fanboys wanked and cryed about that thing the writers made norman say to taskmaster in thenext issue "do you really think your did something to thor"? but the on panel proof shows us taskmaster hitting thor and making him bleed so once again the thor fanboys wanked and wanked until the writers gave them what they want just like when rulk kicked his ass and later suddenly thor hits were effecting him Lol GTFO

and the thing about thanos and darkseid? when they write darkseid properly he is more then enough to match thanos and if we talk about PC darkseid he wtf stomps thanops and superman at the same time

when was superman owned by she hulk and iron man? post some scans i never seen it... and if you are trying to make the crossover valid then its also valid that superman kicked thors ass you cant choose what to accept from the crossover so its valid then superman owned thor

again you are using ABC logic you are a hypocrite you are telling me not to use that logic yet you are doing it yourself stating that hulk beat some team and thor stalemeted the same hulk this is using ABC logic the same thing can be brought that thor lost to spider-man and spider-man lost to some gang members with pipes so i can also play this game

Stoic
First of all I'm not a Thor fan-boy, second of all there is no such thing as PC Darkseid, how old are you bro? Darkseid has better consistent feats these days than back in the good old days of him running around toting tommy guns and such nonsense. Today is what counts, and today Thanos would put him under heel in a melee conflict.

Thor went a couple rounds with Sentry, and had no time to recover, and as I pointed out, Sentry ripped Ares in two, Thor didn't do bad against a guy capable of doing that with ease, and then he was sucker punched by Iron Patriot and the goons energy barrage, this was not by being punched out. Superman has fallen to less.

I never picked or chose what I used in the cross over, your doing that, I laid it out bare. You know what I'm talking about if you saw the Thor Superman fight. Once Superman BARELY defeated Thor, the Avengers took him down. I guess that puts a pin in your theory of how much more superior Superman is to Thor.

Blood and Thunder was Thor at his physical best, and yes he can get to that point at any given time. You're the one unwilling to admit that Thor would not be mauled by Darkseid, with your wank, which to me seems like your trying to elevate him to Galactus levels, which he isn't. He isn't even trans tier, because Superman would never beat on Tyrant in any form the way he did to Darkseid.

You're the one who began low balling, by using Cap America, and Spiderman, so I used your same under handed tactics, and brought to light the time that Batman KO'd Superman. Did you see what I did there?

If you can't see this or refuse to accept the things that have transpired on panel, I'm sorry for you.

Like I said Darkseid isn't going to be walking into this fight and one shotting Thor. Thor at his best would also win a few. Like it or hate it, that's entirely up to you.

Kasper Gutman
Darkseid's used to fighting Supeman. So fighting someone who actually knows how to fight much be a bit much for Darkseid smile

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Darkseid's used to fighting Supeman. So fighting someone who actually knows how to fight much be a bit much for Darkseid smile
Except he's fought Orion in h/h and more than held his own on a number of occasions. And Orion is IMO >= Thor in a purely physical fight.

Also don't forget that in his fights with DS Superman has something that Thor doesn't have: high end super speed.

Philosophía
Darkseid destroys him.

Black bolt z

BattleMage
Pr he has some good points, and I admit that Darkseid is a handful for Thor, but I was just arguing that Darkseid wouldn't just steam roll Thor, and that it is conceivable that he could lose a few, if the situation was right. I think on average Thor is a good match for Darkseid. It might play out like this Thor 5.5/10, Or Darkseid 6/10. But how would it turn out if Thor was in warrior madness mode? I think it would be this - Thor 7/10!

Nihilist

Doomsday cracked Darkseid's hide, Superman has too, and Thor would take a few himself. Just remember that Superman has been dropped by less powerful guys than Thor. We should go with his median levels (Superman), as not to over hype, or low ball him, Darkseid, or Thor. Superman stopped HOLDING BACK and knocked Thor clean out, going all out Superman would of ended the fight far earlier.

thanos-prime
Thor wins Seid is imo far to inconsistent.

Stoic
Superman stopped HOLDING BACK and knocked Thor clean out, going all out Superman would of ended the fight far earlier.

Yea, I guess that was why he was so worn out at the end of their fight, because he was holding back. I guess the expression of determination wasn't written all over his face. Don't kid yourself, Superman was in the fight of his life, which was how it was portrayed. Go back and read the fight yourself.

slimkid
Yea, I guess that was why he was so worn out at the end of their fight, because he was holding back. I guess the expression of determination wasn't written all over his face. Don't kid yourself, Superman was in the fight of his life, which was how it was portrayed. Go back and read the fight yourself.

the fight of his life? can you wank on thor even more? they basically trade a punch and superman knocks him out where the f^ck did you see the fight of his ife? doomsday was the fight of his life not thor who got knocked the f^ck out with a single punch that was pathetic and shows you what is thor compared to superman

Warlord
f^ck

Stoic
the fight of his life? can you wank on thor even more? they basically trade a punch and superman knocks him out where the f^ck did you see the fight of his ife? doomsday was the fight of his life not thor who got knocked the f^ck out with a single punch that was pathetic and shows you what is thor compared to superman

Wow, you seem kind of upset. The Thor vs Superman fight wasn't really what anyone wanted. It was too brief, or they had to make it as short as possible. You realize that they couldn't allocate an entire book in order to illustrate the fight as it should have gone right? I have little doubt that Superman would turn Thor into a walking bruise, but on the same token Thor would give Superman an equal amount of hell.

What was placed on panel for everyone to walk away knowing was that after the fight, Superman was barely able to stand. Why? Because Thor pushed him to the brink. Perhaps you should read the fight again, because I just told you the way it went down, while you seem to be adding bits to the story that was not there.

JLA/Avengers was about both teams and how they would match up in single combat. The Superman vs Thor battle simply could not take more than a couple pages, because there were other equally important character match ups that needed to be fleshed out. I'm sure you knew that right?

All the same the amount of effort that it took to put Thor down, which was clearly seen by the expression on Superman's face, was the same amount of effort that it took to rock Darkseid, when they fought in Superman/Batman.

I'm pretty sure that you don't get it, but oh well, I tried.

slimkid
Wow, you seem kind of upset. The Thor vs Superman fight wasn't really what anyone wanted. It was too brief, or they had to make it as short as possible. You realize that they couldn't allocate an entire book in order to illustrate the fight as it should have gone right? I have little doubt that Superman would turn Thor into a walking bruise, but on the same token Thor would give Superman an equal amount of hell.

What was placed on panel for everyone to walk away knowing was that after the fight, Superman was barely able to stand. Why? Because Thor pushed him to the brink. Perhaps you should read the fight again, because I just told you the way it went down, while you seem to be adding bits to the story that was not there.

JLA/Avengers was about both teams and how they would match up in single combat. The Superman vs Thor battle simply could not take more than a couple pages, because there were other equally important character match ups that needed to be fleshed out. I'm sure you knew that right?

All the same the amount of effort that it took to put Thor down, which was clearly seen by the expression on Superman's face, was the same amount of effort that it took to rock Darkseid, when they fought in Superman/Batman.

I'm pretty sure that you don't get it, but oh well, I tried.

i understand your tactic you are typing scrolls of bullshit and think it will change the fact that the fight went just the way i said... nothing that you will say will never change the simple fact that all it took is 1 punch from superman to knock thor out and if the writers inteded to show them more as equals then at least it would take couple of shots for superman to do the job but it only took 1 punch 1 punnel to tell us what the writers want to tell us and its the fact that superman is beyond thors league and wankers like you can wank all they want because at the end of the day its your wanking vs on panel fight

and it was really hilarious how you tryed to present a 1 shot as "the fight of supermans life" Lol when we clearly can see superman 1 shoting thor GTFO fanboy

Bentley
We saw him using heat vision so it was at least a two shot.

Also, Thor should be stated as above every character who have failed against heat vision, such as Despero.

Also, Batroc lasted longer against Batman than Bullseye.

Warlord
oh please enough with the crossover

Stoic
i understand your tactic you are typing scrolls of bullshit and think it will change the fact that the fight went just the way i said... nothing that you will say will never change the simple fact that all it took is 1 punch from superman to knock thor out and if the writers inteded to show them more as equals then at least it would take couple of shots for superman to do the job but it only took 1 punch 1 punnel to tell us what the writers want to tell us and its the fact that superman is beyond thors league and wankers like you can wank all they want because at the end of the day its your wanking vs on panel fight

and it was really hilarious how you tryed to present a 1 shot as "the fight of supermans life" Lol when we clearly can see superman 1 shoting thor GTFO fanboy

One punch? Once I'm done with proving that it was more than one punch, I hope that you will get the point, that the book was called Avengers/JLA, and not Thor vs Superman. Perhaps you will also receive a revelation, in the schooling that I'm about give you.

Let's go from panel to panel shall we. I have no scanner so I'll narrate for you in script panel by panel, now pay attention.

Thor: Thou thinkest most highly of thyself, and thy League Superman... But now thou shalt feel the wrath... of Thor the God of THUNDER! (Thor misses in his first assault as Superman evades.)

Superman: A God you say. A God perhaps... of a small world! (Superman connects with a jarring blow that nearly knocks Thor off his feet, dislodging his helmet.)

That was the first hit. Thor is still on his feet, I guess you're wrong huh?

Scene ends, but we assume that Thor and Superman are still waging their war. Next panel we see Captain Atom being blasted to crap by yellow Jacket, and the Wasp, while Zatanna is posing for the masses.... Ironman and Firestorm are going at it in the next panel after that.

Superman: NNH! (As he takes a right cross to the chin, showing that Thor rocked him).

Thor: H-AHH! (As he receives an uppercut from Superman, showing that he can take a hit. Nonetheless he is equally rocked.)

Scene ends. We see in the next panel, Scarlett Witch being caught up in Red Tornadoes, twister while Plastic Man is blasted by Photon (Monica Rambeau.) Next we see the Vision and J'onn hurting each other in their intangible war of sub density, which J'onn appears to take more pain from while the Vision appears to be astonished... *Note* Thor and Superman are still fighting off panel somewhere.

Next we see Kyle's emerald assault being absorbed by Photon, while in the next panel Wonder Woman shows Wonder Man how to fight. Next panel Thor is still going strong... hmmm... I thought you said that Superman was far superior to Thor, but it seems that Thor gets the upper hand and knocks Superman through a forest of trees.

Thor: Thou... art strong! But the measure of any... be he Man or God... Is not what strength he has... But what he does with it!

Scene ends. We then see in the background Aquaman doing his best Greg Louganis dive, as Blue Beetle kicks Black Panther in the face. Next panel Wasp stings Canary. In the meantime Superman and Thor are still fighting, somewhere off panel.

Superman: (Eyes crimson red says) Tell yourself that, Mister... Ease yourself to sleep at night, while you let your world go to hell! Where I come from though... LIVES MATTER! (As he blasts Thor with an unexpected dose of heat ray vision.)

Thor: AGHKH!

Scene ends, as we move on to see Steel being rippd by Vision, and She-Hulk.Next panel Kyle's ring is nearly drained by Photon, the panel after that Hercules restrains Wonder Woman in a Full Nelson, while Wasp and Yellow Jacket pepper her with bio stings, and the Flash whizzes by.

Next panel we see Jack of Hearts take the Red Tornado down with a blast. Next panel, Green Arrow takes aim as Hawkeye does the same. Keep in mind that Superman is still fighting Thor off panel somewhere.

Thor: Jackal! Arrogant... Sneering jackal! Do thy worst.. Thor will not... Will not fall! But... THOU SHALT... (Thor is in obvious pain as he takes an energy assault hotter than a star, yet continues to press onward, through the laser assault, arriving at Superman to deliver a smash to the face).

Superman: NNH! you... WON'T... (Visibly worn himself, he catches Thor hammer in its downward swing denying the impact, but after receiving that much searing heat, Thor isn't as strong as he was when they began the battle).

Simultaneously Wanda and Zatanna are seen waging a war of magic.

Thor: O-Odins... beard! How can you...? The Mightiest... Mightiest in nine worlds cannot... (Bullshit Zeus did it as well when they fought in Olympus.)

Superman: S-Sorry... Sorry to disappoint... but in... my world, it looks like... the dials... GO UP TO ELEVEN! (Superman was visibly on his last legs, as the narration points out his obvious fatigue).

Scene Ends. Thor is put down, as smoke rises from his back, and all who are witness to it are astonished.

Superman: (Visibly shaken, and worn out says with a "shaky voice".) He... may be... single toughest opponent I've ever... UHH! (As he is blasted, and pummeled by by four Avengers).

Where in any of that did Superman oneshot Thor? In actuality their fight lasts longer than the brutal beat down that Superman gave to Darkseid in Superman/Batman. Yea like I said before, it is conceivable that Thor would/should/could, win a few, if he fought Darkseid.

I'm sure you still don't get it though. You accuse me of wanking Thor, yet it is you who is guilty of wanking Darkseid. You're next post will be ignored by me. If you doubt my narration, perhaps someone would be kind enough to post some scans.

-Pr-
Guys, no JLA Avengers please.

BattleMage
One punch? Once I'm done with proving that it was more than one punch, I hope that you will get the point, that the book was called Avengers/JLA, and not Thor vs Superman. Perhaps you will also receive a revelation, in the schooling that I'm about give you.

Let's go from panel to panel shall we. I have no scanner so I'll narrate for you in script panel by panel, now pay attention.

Thor: Thou thinkest most highly of thyself, and thy League Superman... But now thou shalt feel the wrath... of Thor the God of THUNDER! (Thor misses in his first assault as Superman evades.)

Superman: A God you say. A God perhaps... of a small world! (Superman connects with a jarring blow that nearly knocks Thor off his feet, dislodging his helmet.)

That was the first hit. Thor is still on his feet, I guess you're wrong huh?

Scene ends, but we assume that Thor and Superman are still waging their war. Next panel we see Captain Atom being blasted to crap by yellow Jacket, and the Wasp, while Zatanna is posing for the masses.... Ironman and Firestorm are going at it in the next panel after that.

Superman: NNH! (As he takes a right cross to the chin, showing that Thor rocked him).

Thor: H-AHH! (As he receives an uppercut from Superman, showing that he can take a hit. Nonetheless he is equally rocked.)

Scene ends. We see in the next panel, Scarlett Witch being caught up in Red Tornadoes, twister while Plastic Man is blasted by Photon (Monica Rambeau.) Next we see the Vision and J'onn hurting each other in their intangible war of sub density, which J'onn appears to take more pain from while the Vision appears to be astonished... *Note* Thor and Superman are still fighting off panel somewhere.

Next we see Kyle's emerald assault being absorbed by Photon, while in the next panel Wonder Woman shows Wonder Man how to fight. Next panel Thor is still going strong... hmmm... I thought you said that Superman was far superior to Thor, but it seems that Thor gets the upper hand and knocks Superman through a forest of trees.

Thor: Thou... art strong! But the measure of any... be he Man or God... Is not what strength he has... But what he does with it!

Scene ends. We then see in the background Aquaman doing his best Greg Louganis dive, as Blue Beetle kicks Black Panther in the face. Next panel Wasp stings Canary. In the meantime Superman and Thor are still fighting, somewhere off panel.

Superman: (Eyes crimson red says) Tell yourself that, Mister... Ease yourself to sleep at night, while you let your world go to hell! Where I come from though... LIVES MATTER! (As he blasts Thor with an unexpected dose of heat ray vision.)

Thor: AGHKH!

Scene ends, as we move on to see Steel being rippd by Vision, and She-Hulk.Next panel Kyle's ring is nearly drained by Photon, the panel after that Hercules restrains Wonder Woman in a Full Nelson, while Wasp and Yellow Jacket pepper her with bio stings, and the Flash whizzes by.

Next panel we see Jack of Hearts take the Red Tornado down with a blast. Next panel, Green Arrow takes aim as Hawkeye does the same. Keep in mind that Superman is still fighting Thor off panel somewhere.

Thor: Jackal! Arrogant... Sneering jackal! Do thy worst.. Thor will not... Will not fall! But... THOU SHALT... (Thor is in obvious pain as he takes an energy assault hotter than a star, yet continues to press onward, through the laser assault, arriving at Superman to deliver a smash to the face).

Superman: NNH! you... WON'T... (Visibly worn himself, he catches Thor hammer in its downward swing denying the impact, but after receiving that much searing heat, Thor isn't as strong as he was when they began the battle).

Simultaneously Wanda and Zatanna are seen waging a war of magic.

Thor: O-Odins... beard! How can you...? The Mightiest... Mightiest in nine worlds cannot... (Bullshit Zeus did it as well when they fought in Olympus.)

Superman: S-Sorry... Sorry to disappoint... but in... my world, it looks like... the dials... GO UP TO ELEVEN! (Superman was visibly on his last legs, as the narration points out his obvious fatigue).

Scene Ends. Thor is put down, as smoke rises from his back, and all who are witness to it are astonished.

Superman: (Visibly shaken, and worn out says with a "shaky voice".) He... may be... single toughest opponent I've ever... UHH! (As he is blasted, and pummeled by by four Avengers).

Where in any of that did Superman oneshot Thor? In actuality their fight lasts longer than the brutal beat down that Superman gave to Darkseid in Superman/Batman. Yea like I said before, it is conceivable that Thor would/should/could, win a few, if he fought Darkseid.

I'm sure you still don't get it though. You accuse me of wanking Thor, yet it is you who is guilty of wanking Darkseid. You're next post will be ignored by me. If you doubt my narration, perhaps someone would be kind enough to post some scans. Great post man

BobbyD
Thor should be able to take some of these, out of 10. Would he? Now that's the question. The skills set is there to defeat DS in some of these battles. The way I see it, Thor's wins come at basically full exhaustion, while DS wins some handily, some after a hard fought battle, and others are mere pastings.

Nihilist
Yea, I guess that was why he was so worn out at the end of their fight, because he was holding back. I guess the expression of determination wasn't written all over his face. Don't kid yourself, Superman was in the fight of his life, which was how it was portrayed. Go back and read the fight yourself. Of course it was a hard fight,seeing as he was holding back for the vast majority, therefore limiting his power output and alllowing himself to take far more punishment than he would have if he had not held back for the length of the fight.

Juntai
Though you shouldn't use the JLA/Avengers for the reference, as Pr asked. For my two sense on the issue there; I think Superman just did his "I'm Superman, I win." thing there. Suddenly stepping up however many notches he needed to, to attain victory. Being why Thor dropped his mouth open and went bug eyed when he realized how powerful Superman actually is. They were close before that and should count for something.

Stunner2xx
Snor loses

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
oh please enough with the crossover

Guys, no JLA Avengers please.

How do you gauge the competitors of this fight, if you can't use the cross over. There's really no proof that Darkseid could take Thor if we can't compare how well either did against Superman, he's the scale that weighs these two. We can just go back and forth stating things like.

Darkseid wins, or Thor wins with very little proof to debate either. Feats are feats, they both have some pretty amazing high end ones. See what I mean? Superman is the only way to get a rough guesstimate, as to who wins a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.