Leaked Doom 3 demo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
hey, i was wondering if any of you gamers have played the leaked doom 3 demo, i just got to play it...and wow... it looks truley amazing... even in its early form it looks better then most finished games.... i cant wait to see the final product... the only problem with the demo is that since it isnt optimized for performance it was very slow and choppy, which sucked a bit, but it was cool to actually see some of the guns and what not. it can be downloaded off kazzaa if anyones interested. i suggest you all try it out.

mah
haven't donwloaded it. dont know if my comp would handle it anyway, and I've heard its real bugged and as you say not optimized. but yeah..looking forward to Doom3

rusky
Uhh...Fitch...*hint* "I saw it for sale about 2 weeks ago!! " big grin big grin big grin

Fitch
I have the "full" game...at least that is what it sais on that dirty site were I dwn from....big grin.
But I haven't tried it yet.I will.....soon.

Ushgarak
It's not the full game. Same thing happens with all the id releases; people spoil it for themselves by getting what they think is the full game and it is actually sub-standard; they destroy the first-play experience.

The leaked demo, though, has only gone to increase excitement.

Fitch
now I see....it was pretty weird to be the full version.

Tex
Ya think it will ever make it to GameCube, cause my comp is from '99, doubt I could run it.

It leaked about 4 months ago didn't it?

mah
it will probably never get to gamecube..cant see it coming..

Tex
PS2 maybe?

mah
no, never. the gamecube could be capable of running it but theres no plans for it. Ps2 would never do it. its coming to the xbox cause microsoft got a deal so they'd make it for that

Tex
I see.

mah
but this shooter is a PC must. mouse and keyboard is the only good option for those games.

Tex
and Pentium 9845547504976 processor and 900000000 MB RAM sad

mah
unfortunately.
damn those computers, you get a shiny new one and in months it's old news.

Tex
Yeah, that's why console games are way better.
You never have to worry about requirement problems and you never have to configure your config.sys and all this other scary crap they make you do with computer cames.

mah
too bad my aviation hobby has to pay though; can't get the new Fligh Sims when it demands a superdupa nasa computer.

Fitch
yeah,but you cannot upgrade it after a while.....

BackFire349
im getting a new graphics card whenever doom 3 comes out, so i can fully enjoy the experience.

Ushgarak
Hey, my PC is almost two years old and runs any game I play pretty well. Obvious old PCs don;t play new games at the maximum settings but that doesn;t affect the gameplay.

That said, if I get a job I am upgrading ASAP.

BackFire349
ah yes, the wonders of money.

Fitch
almost everything depands on them......

Tex
Yeah, but upgrading your computer is scary work.
I'd only got to a professional person to do it, cause I aint opening my own comp.
Then you have to worry about new drivers and stuffeek!

BackFire349
you just gotta go to the website of the manufacturer and download them.

Tex
Too scary.

BackFire349
well then stick with you're gamecube, and no there will be no doom 3 for gamecube, only for xbox.

Ushgarak
I have been doing it long enough; I can handle PCs.

But I actually mean to get a new system

BackFire349
its a good time to get a new system right now, lots of new games coming out

Tex
The new Sim City looks great.

BackFire349
yeah its pretty good, if you like those types of games, to me it gets kinda boring after a while though.

Fitch
my computers is home-made.I made it by myself from an old IBM server in wich I puted super good parts big grin

Tex
Yeah, I respect people who can build their own computers, cause I get scared installing new software.

SimCity never gets boring, cause you can destroy what you buildevil face

rusky
....uh....I remember u missed the game to cut u'r comp fitch....U gotta come to the one in March... right ?
BTW.. . I'm talking about the Romania - Norway ( 0 -1 ) game.... Finti .. u'r from Norway right ? U watch football ?

Fitch
I sacrificed that game for my computer...and it worth it evil face

rusky
Yeah, u missed the rain...but u should've seen Cipi after the game...He looked like a Tomato going black... big grinbig grinbig grin

Dexx
well..we blame the field
*whistles...*

rusky
...isn't it ironic ??
We blame the field but we played home !!
The damn birocratic bastards couldn't have chosen another ground ?!??
Oh well...

Dexx
technicly the field was equaly bad for both teams...no matter. We're taking the next one.
"keeps whistling*

rusky
...i don't want to go into details....The Norse Overlord might try to kill me if I do... big grin

Fitch
don't mind Finti,he "only" has a huge axe....

rusky
...oh that's it ? big grinbig grin

Fitch
yup

rusky
I just thought he had a "light"axe (i.e as in light sabre )

Fitch
neh,he is very well equiped...big grin

rusky
U know that from him ?eek!

Fitch
many times I was close to "taste" his axe.....big grin

mah
confused

Fitch
what ?

mah
you "tasting" fintis "axe"

Fitch
"taste"-it was a matter of speech....not like really tasteing it or anything.....

rusky
....As in getting very close to ... uhmm... "meeting the Creator guy"...
BTW... thinkin' of God as a sfotware dev... he sure gave us a buggy program.... patches are on their way though... big grin

Fitch
I'd surely like some new coolers in the summer laughing out loud

rusky
big grin

BackFire349
you dirty boys.

Fitch
I ain't dirty....big grin

rusky
Nooo..he washes daily! big grin

Fitch
like you know.....are you watching me?u're sick man....big grin

rusky
No! But I couldn't fail to notice the snow pummeling u'll get next time we meet ! big grin

Fitch
there is no more snow outside big grin

rusky
I'll make some in the fridge.... big grin

Fitch
snow.....hardly roll eyes (sarcastic)

rusky
Ice....HARD!!! big grin

Fitch
ice....pretty easy....depands on the refrigerator....wink

rusky
Yeah...I guess good'ol fram won't do the trick no more... big grin

Fitch
ice,that refrigerator makes tons of it.My lateset aquisition doesn't make any ice.... cool

rusky
hehe....modern tech eh ? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.