Swamp Thing vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
In a swamp.

1. Pre "Swamp God" version.

2. Post "Swamp God".

AsbestosFlaygon
I think Classic Odin would fare better against ST.

ST wins both.

Kasper Gutman
Odin wins if the fight happens in DC. Odin wiping out all plant life on earth has to count as a KO. It's a draw on Marvel Earth though. Odin's not going to mess with Gaea.

Prep-Man
Odin can't wipe out all plant life in the universe. If there is plant life, ST can survive. Doesn't matter if it's earth or Pluto.

Kasper Gutman
If Swamp Thing shows up in another galaxy that has to count as a BFR KO. Odin wins.

Prep-Man
Not necessarily. He can also attack from far away. I don't think Odin can do that. And him reforming in another galaxy isn't a KO.

Kasper Gutman
Let's say Odin does wipe out Earth's plant life and Swamp Thing shows up on another planet. What's to stop Odin from locating Swamp Thing again and wiping out that planet's plant life temporarily and so on. Sure Odin would make some enemies from alien heroes and Pantheons but he could still do it.

Prep-Man
I just don't see Odin doing that. For one, Spectre will stop him.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I just don't see Odin doing that. For one, Spectre will stop him.

I don't see Spectre doing that because LT will stop him. big grin

Galan007
Odin
ST

cdtm
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Odin wins if the fight happens in DC. Odin wiping out all plant life on earth has to count as a KO. It's a draw on Marvel Earth though. Odin's not going to mess with Gaea.

DC actually has a Gaea too. We saw her in Ostranders Spectre, when Spectre helped keep her from freezing.

cdtm

That's like trying to wipe out all bacteria.. There's flora in places you wouldn't think of, like in the intestines. Swamp Things been known to mutate them into massive plant forms.

tsscls
Odin wins both. What can ST do to him? Don't tell me that "Gods" have plant life in their intestines that can be manipulated. If that's the case, let's try a Gardener with the time gem vs Odin.

cdtm
Originally posted by tsscls
Odin wins both. What can ST do to him? Don't tell me that "Gods" have plant life in their intestines that can be manipulated. If that's the case, let's try a Gardener with the time gem vs Odin.

Because Odin doesn't eat?

But that's not all he can do.. If you've read Alan Moore's run on swamp thing alone, you'd know he's pretty powerful in general, and powerful in a swamp in particular.

And Mark Millar takes what Moore did and basically exaggerates it.

tsscls
Originally posted by cdtm
Because Odin doesn't eat?

But that's not all he can do.. If you've read Alan Moore's run on swamp thing alone, you'd know he's pretty powerful in general, and powerful in a swamp in particular.

And Mark Millar takes what Moore did and basically exaggerates it.
Yeah, I've read Moore's ST. After Millar, it's been sort of left up in the air where he stands, power wise. That's why I'm choosing Odin. And I don't know if Odin has to eat, but if that's relevant, I can start an Odin vs. Salmonella thread. I'm assuming Odin would win.

Bentley
We need a defined battle field when it comes to Swamp Thing. If they leave the swamp it should be considered self bfr, hence Odin can just kill all the plant life in the place and ST loses.

cdtm
Originally posted by tsscls
Yeah, I've read Moore's ST. After Millar, it's been sort of left up in the air where he stands, power wise. That's why I'm choosing Odin. And I don't know if Odin has to eat, but if that's relevant, I can start an Odin vs. Salmonella thread. I'm assuming Odin would win.

Well, a Thanos clone did poison Odin, so I'd presume he either needs to eat or chooses to eat.

tsscls
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, a Thanos clone did poison Odin, so I'd presume he either needs to eat or chooses to eat.

Thanos and his clones do alot of things. So Jimmy Olsen+Odin's favorite jelly donut+Syrup of Ipecac=win for Jimmy! I think it's safe to say that Odin and his gut are not allegorical to a seagull being fed Alka-Seltzer. I just don't buy that his GI tract is his kryptonite.

Colossus-Big C
Odin wins if the fight happens in DC. Odin wiping out all plant life on earth has to count as a KO. It's a draw on Marvel Earth though. Odin's not going to mess with Gaea. DC has a gaea, spectre has merged with her before

Prep-Man
When has Spectre merged with Gaea?

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
When has Spectre merged with Gaea?

It happened under Ostrander. Basically, for some reason Gaea was near freezing to death, and Spectre agreed to warm her up.

Not sure if this was during Final Night or not.

Endless Mike
ST has lots of ways to hurt Odin, like soul attacks, time manipulation, trapping him in a fictional world, or use his mystic powers to harm him on an astral level like he did to Arcane (who the Monitor commented was on the same power level as the Spectre)

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
ST has lots of ways to hurt Odin, like soul attacks, time manipulation, trapping him in a fictional world, or use his mystic powers to harm him on an astral level like he did to Arcane (who the Monitor commented was on the same power level as the Spectre)

I don't recall any mention of the astral plane. As I remember it, ST simply beat him down old school style.

But yeah, Arcanes power level was compared with Spectres and Trigons.

cdtm
Arcane was also bringing damned souls back to life, giving them new bodies. And probably most impressive of all, he condemned a stainless soul to the pits.

He was surprised Swamp Thing could even hurt him, much less beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.