If a so called Angel was Real

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
i usually ponder what would happen if we discovered life on other planets maybe bacteria and how we as humanity would view this..

then i start to think what if aliens actually landed in the middle of NYC, Cali or White house or any major city in the World like Tokyo or London..

how would human's respond to see a large unknown craft just land and sit there for however long?
cameras filming away soldier and guman fighter planes flyin bye.. maybe they never come out and simply hover over the city scanning and take off...

what would humanity think of this?

but, then i start to wonder what if a creature fell from the sky or was found in the middle of the road and when he stood up he had massive wings or was dressed in robes... .

how would ppl respond to if they saw him on the news and ppl in the city started to see him walking and wandering the streets perhaps levitating and flyin away from location to location observing.

it would never speak simply smile and respond to kindness or threats with facial expressions.

how would you feel? how would the ppl of the city feel? what would world governments do or say?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Castle
but, then i start to wonder what if a creature fell from the sky or was found in the middle of the road and when he stood up he had massive wings or was dressed in robes... .

You mean, what if we found A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings?

how would ppl respond to if they saw him on the news and ppl in the city started to see him walking and wandering the streets perhaps levitating and flyin away from location to location observing.

Religious groups would try to leverage his every action and feature to their advantage.

The angel is black? Obviously black people are the chosen of god.
He's circumsized? Told ya so.
Six meters from wing tip to wing tip rather than seven? Victory for the First Church of Saint John of the Reform Tradition over the First Church of Saint Jon of the Reform Tradition.

At least one new faith would crop up around him, maybe dozens.

it would never speak simply smile and respond to kindness or threats with facial expressions.

Honestly, I suspect someone would shoot him eventually if not out of fear or spite just to see what happens.

how would you feel? how would the ppl of the city feel? what would world governments do or say?

I would be very skeptical if I didn't live in the city, CGI can create very convincing effects. If I did live there I suppose I would be awed by the sight, though my day to day life probably wouldn't change.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You mean, what if we found A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings?

Read the plot summary, so bizarre.

Rascaduanok

dadudemon
Six meters from wing tip to wing tip rather than seven? Victory for the First Church of Saint John of the Reform Tradition over the First Church of Saint Jon of the Reform Tradition.

Huh?

I think you meant the first church to be called "Second Chuch..."

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Huh?

I think you meant the first church to be called "Second Chuch..."

No, they split in 1917 over the spelling of St. John's name.

the ninjak
Damn monkeys will try to shoot him. Angel sets loose his eye beams.

dadudemon
No, they split in 1917 over the spelling of St. John's name.

Lol. I didn't know that. I thought you made a typo the second time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Lol. I didn't know that. I thought you made a typo the second time.

Wait, there's actually a First Church of Saint John of the Reform Tradition? I was referencing the old joke about the two Protestants on a bridge.

Should have added smilies.

dadudemon
Wait, there's actually a First Church of Saint John of the Reform Tradition? I was referencing the old joke about the two Protestants on a bridge.

Should have added smilies.

Dang. The rabbit hole gets even deeper...

Rogue Jedi
Just watch District 9 and stock up on cat food.

ADarksideJedi
I doubt that it would happen.If it did the Goverment will do test on it and hid it from the rest of us.

King Castle
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I doubt that it would happen.If it did the Goverment will do test on it and hide it from the rest of us. why do you think the government would hide it and how?

Shakyamunison
i usually ponder what would happen if we discovered life on other planets maybe bacteria and how we as humanity would view this..

then i start to think what if aliens actually landed in the middle of NYC, Cali or White house or any major city in the World like Tokyo or London..

how would human's respond to see a large unknown craft just land and sit there for however long?
cameras filming away soldier and guman fighter planes flyin bye.. maybe they never come out and simply hover over the city scanning and take off...

what would humanity think of this?

but then i start to wander... what if an alien ship were to land, and Jesus were to walk out of the ship.

Rogue Jedi
We would attack.

inimalist
I have to be honest

given our cultural love of sci fi, I think an alien landing in NYC is pretty safe from attack. Sure, the gvt would be all over it, but I think the NA population has, at least implicitly, already decided that life exists out there, and this would be "merely" the confirmation.

If it landed in Medina? end of the world.

Mindship
I wouldn't take what I was seeing at face value without eyewitnessing the Angel and its feats, preferably more than once. I'd also want to know what the experts thought. I'm sure Clarke's Third Law would cross my mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.