comics? or x-men tas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colossulrage
which version would win the comic version of apocalypse or the animated series apocalypse?

Konton
Depends on how well animated Apocalypse can dodge tables.

comic

colossulrage
i dunno i just watched some episode last nite and he was a beast

psycho gundam
without the PIS element involved, they are exactly the same since apocalypse's power is not set (he can draw in more for various effects) and his atomic structure isn't set.

his greatest feat in the cartoon was killing the x-men

Originally posted by psycho gundam
t1THZ6r-bYU

and in comics he did this while weakened

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8115/ssong5theuncannyxmen295.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8115/ssong5theuncannyxmen295.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8115/ssong5theuncannyxmen295.jpg

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7237/ssong5theuncannyxmen295s.jpg

and no, archangel couldn't hope to kill him via decapitation, i believe there is a scan of his disembodied head flying somewhere. also he could just reattach it sort of like he did his body in the scans above

colossulrage
has he ever grown to over a hundred feet in the comics??

Lord_Talron
what about the apoc from x-men evolution?

colossulrage
Apoc from evolution was about the only good thing from that show

Lord_Talron
What the f**k?

colossulrage
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
What the f**k? well it was

Lord_Talron
i just watched the entire series again two months ago, i found it quite entertaining

Omega Vision
Originally posted by colossulrage
Apoc from evolution was about the only good thing from that show
No way.

Lord_Talron
thank you. that show was awesome

Omega Vision
Theme song was ossim. estahuh

Lord_Talron
yea, it was ;D

Lord_Talron
ill have to admit tho, i found it funny that wolverine wears a helmet, as if its gonna offer him more protection than he already has xD

Omega Vision
ill have to admit tho, i found it funny that wolverine wears a helmet, as if its gonna offer him more protection than he already has xD
It was probably the writing staff who wanted to avoid glorifying dangerous things like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It was probably the writing staff who wanted to avoid glorifying dangerous things like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. they did a ton of that stuff

- wolverine and gambit's lack of smoking (both chain smokers), and wolverine's lack of heavy drinking (more than they showed in the show, a pass time of logan's is getting buzzed and bar fighting)

- lasers being fired from handguns and not bullets. tanks shared the same issue. the dc cartoons do that also.

- storm and callisto's knife fight. iirc they used lightsabers, how the phuck did street bums get those?

- total avoidance of the reverend william stryker and cameron hodge arcs due to obvious parallels of racism/fascism

etc

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It was probably the writing staff who wanted to avoid glorifying dangerous things like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. all it would take is one of the students asking him why he doesnt wear one and mentioning why he doesnt have to erm

psycho gundam
wolverine wasn't "take a punch to the head from hulk and not die" level in the cartoons, a car crash and/or road rash could mess him up.

sasquatch knocked him out when department-H sent alpha flight out cause they felt the need to subdue him

iirc he took a while (consistent with his healing time after fighting shingen (epic fight, must read)) after sabretooth whooped on him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
they did a ton of that stuff

- wolverine and gambit's lack of smoking (both chain smokers), and wolverine's lack of heavy drinking (more than they showed in the show, a pass time of logan's is getting buzzed and bar fighting)

- lasers being fired from handguns and not bullets. tanks shared the same issue. the dc cartoons do that also.

- storm and callisto's knife fight. iirc they used lightsabers, how the phuck did street bums get those?

- total avoidance of the reverend william stryker and cameron hodge arcs due to obvious parallels of racism/fascism

etc
Actually Batman TAS was specifically set in a Noir type setting so as to sidestep the "no real guns, lazahs!" tripe that 90s cartoons adhered to.

The Justice League and JLU series also weren't afraid to use real guns.

psycho gundam
just as long as nobody got shot

Lord_Talron
justice league primarily used laser pistols from the episodes i re-watched in june

Omega Vision
justice league primarily used laser pistols from the episodes i re-watched in june
True, but the military used real guns when portrayed.

Lord_Talron

children cartoons suck balls. the 90s x-men series was ok cause I was 8 when I watched it and havent done it again since. But western animated media remains mostly limited to this child audience sphere that comics were traped in during the silver age

YDDHHrt6l4w

psycho gundam
remember this?

gtSPJZ-qlhA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.