Luke vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedom888
Ok Nebaris, let's have a debate, maybe.

Both at their prime.

1. Force
2. Lightsaber
3. All out
4. Trying to find and take eachother down in Coruscant

Lord Lucien
facepalm

Freedom888
Better than simply posting BS and no linger actually debating, right?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Freedom888
Better than simply posting BS and no linger actually debating, right? You're right, it is annoying when unwanted members "linger".

Freedom888
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're right, it is annoying when unwanted members "linger".

Sorry, typed on iPod touch.

You have to admit though that I make a good point; why are you still here if you're no longer interested in debating?

Lord Lucien
Sorry, typed on iPod touch.

You have to admit though that I make a good point; why are you still here if you're no longer interested in debating? Cuz I haven't won the lottery yet.

P.S. I read about half of what you said before the word PATHETIC just... emblazoned itself in the air in front of me. It's like, it was real or something. Like it was so tangible I could see the patheticness.

Freedom888
Cuz I haven't won the lottery yet.

P.S. I red about half of what you said before the word PATHETIC just... emblazoned itself in the air in front of me. It's like, it was real or something. Like it was so tangible I could see the patheticness.

pathetic because of what? Care to debunk it?

Of course you aren't able to, and will claim that it's not worth debunking as an excuse.

You accuse me of lacking friends because I posted in these forums...anybody notice the hypocricy?

Lord Lucien
pathetic because of what? Care to debunk it?

Of course you aren't able to, and will claim that it's not worth debunking as an excuse.

You accuse me of lacking friends because I posted in these forums...anybody notice the hypocricy? Alright, I'll bite with your little "see isn't debating fun, I was right or amirte?"

It's pathetic because you cared enough about your... ego? Reputation? Self-image? Disorder? to actually sock an account to come back and try argue how unfair it was. Gideon was here for five years and got shafted. So he mentally gave the Mods the finger and hasn't returned. He didn't need respect or admiration or total strangers telling him how right he was. You do. It's pathetic. You've always been pathetic, Rudy.

Freedom888
Alright, I'll bite with your little "see isn't debating fun, I was right or amirte?"

It's pathetic because you cared enough about your... ego? Reputation? Self-image? Disorder? to actually sock an account to come back and try argue how unfair it was. Gideon was here for five years and got shafted. So he mentally gave the Mods the finger and hasn't returned. He didn't need respect or admiration or total strangers telling him how right he was. You do. It's pathetic. You've always been pathetic, Rudy.

You're assuming wronly that I'm hewhoknowsall, but if he and kmcmember (me) were banned on false grounds. I'd argue that it's ok to create a sock account if you truly were unfairly banned and want to explain your side of the story to the mods.

Let me ask you:

How else is one to appeal if they get banned? For some strange reason Kmc forums has no apeal process nor do they question you if they suspect you of socking in order to prevent a misunderstanding.

Lord Lucien
You're assuming wronly that I'm hewhoknowsall, but if he and kmcmember (me) were banned on false grounds. I'd argue that it's ok to create a sock account if you truly were unfairly banned and want to explain your side of the story to the mods.

Let me ask you:

How else is one to appeal if they get banned? For some strange reason Kmc forums has no apeal process nor do they question you if they suspect you of socking in order to prevent a misunderstanding. This isn't a democracy. They don't give a shit. Especially not about you, Rudy.

Go. Away.

truejedi
there is no question that this is HWKA. no question.

Slash_KMC
This is Soviet KMC, in here, Mods decide who dies and who doesn't. And they sure as hell don't need to explain themselves for anything.

Freedom888
1. I'm not hewhoknowsall
2. WTF did I do wrong?
3. How are my posts more annoying than off topic nonsense.

Btw, even if I was hwka, the fact that you did not think that kmcmember was hwka would imply that I've changed and gotten better, but clearly you don't believe in that. You're like those kids in that study that picked the same French fries to taste better than another set hecausethe set had mcdonakds on it.

Slash_KMC
Who said we didn't think you weren't HWKA under the username KMCmember? Jaden has even said it several times...

Originally posted by Nephthys
And you're like one of those really annoying kids. You know, who are like really annoying and shit.

Freedom888
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Who said we didn't think you weren't HWKA under the username KMCmember? Jaden has even said it several times...

Jaden101 also thought that there was a measurement called watts per second and watts per total. Oh, and he thought that SW Eu wasn't canon.

Aede Madavan
Freedom, despite your comments on my intelligence and long sentences, and the somewhat thratening challenge in the opening post in this thread, I still like you and consider you my friend, and think that you are being unfairly treated. However you need to learn to ignore the haters and appeal directly to Raz via e-mail which I believe you should be able to find in his profile.

Slash_KMC
So you agree that Luke would beat Bane.

Aede Madavan
One time out of fifteen absolutely.

Nephthys
Which Luke is this?

Pwned
Who cares, if its ANYTHING near the YV war, he wins

Before that, Bane wins after a decent fight

Aede Madavan
There isn't a single incarnation of Luke who could -- on paper -- be credited with a win over RoT Bane. PoD and DoE, perhaps, but not RoT.

Nephthys
What about Luke's supermassive black hole thingymajib? Thats pretty effing impressive next to.... well anything Bane's ever done.

Pwned
and FOTJ Luke.......

No way Bane could win against FOTJ incarnation Uber-God-Thing

Aede Madavan
But it's also heavily subject to hyperbole or metaphorical expression, and is extremely inconsistent with his other showings. It at the very least cannot be said to have necessarily been a literal description, and considering his general demonstrated level of ability it would be quite unlikely that it was. When Bane on the other hand was channeling the BoD's power into the lightning storm at Ruusan the statement that it would have destroyed the entire planet had the other Dark Lords not broken away is not only affirmed by that being Bane's intent but also by the already planetwide effect it had been having over Russan. Or alternatively Luke's cloaking of a planet, where not only is it stated that he was able to conceal the entire planet, but that the description was also in line with his intent and the fact that it presumably had that effect when nobody else was able to find the planet.

Aede Madavan
FOTJ Luke didn't do anything particularly impressive as far as I know.

Nephthys
It seemed pretty frickin' literal to me. It was literally, 'he's so ****ing powerful not even the supermassive black hole at the centre of the universe could move him' And Luke does regularily display feats of grandois power levels, as in the concealled a planet thing you mentioned.

Key word is 'the BoD's power', not Banes.

Aede Madavan
But it was Bane's power to be able to channel the power before him, which included absorbing it, containing it, and then redirecting it across the planet, and a single planet isn't even close to being on the same scale as a super massive black hole which would at the very least be on the order of hundreds of thousands of solar masses. A closer comparison would be between that of the planet concealement trick and a force push against a non Force sensitive civilian. And that statement easily accomodates a hyperbolic or metaphorical meaning, even if not necessarily doing so.

Nephthys
But it wasn't Bane's power. He can't use that kind of power by himself, so at best its a feat of skill, which while impressive in itself, doesn't give him the kind of raw power that Luke can utilise.

But wasn't the planet concealment a good deal of time before the SMBH feat? He's improved dramatically since then, though I admit your extimation of its mass seems retardedly large.

I disagree, the way it says 'The super-massive blah di balh' makes into a highly specific statement about a real object, not merely a hypothetical or hyperbolic one.

truejedi
don't argue with neb about bane. He simply can't help himself on this subject, no matter how many times it has been explained to him. You are doing what HWKA wanted any time you respond to an argument about Bane with Neb.

Aede Madavan
You could of course explain exactly what's wrong with my arguments if they're so clearly flawed, which I'm sure is what you'd do if that were the case anyway.

Originally posted by Nephthys
But it wasn't Bane's power. He can't use that kind of power by himself, so at best its a feat of skill, which while impressive in itself, doesn't give him the kind of raw power that Luke can utilise.

The techniques that enabled Bane to channel the power would in themselves require power. To even absorb the energy in the first place would require a conjuration of energy as he'd still be actively using the Force to achieve a desired effect, as would containing the power and then redirecting it. You make it sound as if the only abilities that require power are those that directly generate a physical manifestation of the Force, which would rule out all manners of telekinesis and Force defence since they're simply manipulations of the external environment.

It was about ten years before The Dark Nest Crisis where Luke was around 50, so it was when Luke was around 40, after having originally been training since he was approximately 20 years old. Nowhere near a suggested improvement rate that would accomodate the vast difference in scale.

Nothing about the meaning of the term hyperbole denies its use when dealing in specifics and there are plenty of established hyperbolic expressions that do so, such as "He was running faster than the speed of light!" or "I'm as tall as the Eiffel Tower!". If anything it can add to its effect.

Slash_KMC
Don't try DE. George Lucas himself has verbally empowered Luke so much in the directors cut of The Empire Strikes Back that he is automatically the most powerful Force User. I remember him saying that Luke is Anakin full potential, or something along those lines. It's G-Canon.

Also, Luke is more powerful than Yoda who stalemated the most powerful Sith Lord ever (which is not Bane).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.