Tekken Tag 2!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

No End N Site
FINALLY!

http://kotaku.com/5641494/first-tekken-tag-2-tournament-trailer

I'm living in the 90s all over again. I'm a kid again!

Zack Fair
Kind of sucks how it is only arcade for now...if it stays like that someone has to go postal at Namco HQ

S_D_J
Originally posted by No End N Site
FINALLY!

http://kotaku.com/5641494/first-tekken-tag-2-tournament-trailer

I'm living in the 90s all over again. I'm a kid again!

wait, WHAT??!!

eek!

No End N Site
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Kind of sucks how it is only arcade for now...if it stays like that someone has to go postal at Namco HQ

Weren't we just talkin' about T Tag a couple weeks a ago?

-Pr-
I just wonder how it'll be, unless they actually plan to revert back to the old system too...

FistOfThe North
at long last...

things just keep getting better and better for us tekken fans.

can't wait for this. tt1 was the shiznit. and pt2 should trump it..

RE: Blaxican
Admiral, we have enemy ships in sector 47!

Scythe
It's a trap?

Rascaduanok
So basically now you can go and make a cup of tea and watch your opponent deplete your entire health bar in a single juggle?

FistOfThe North
No^

health meters won't go down as fast especially if you put it at 150%.

Rascaduanok

majid86
zmnJC5XFpRE&hd=1

Z Kai
I like how this was ignored. Oh well.

SaTsuJiN
the news on this seems kinda slim..

I hope jun kazama gets a throwback of somekind (maybe boss only or something?)

also <3'ed jin in the mishima high sweater-vest outfit

No End N Site
Announcing games too damn early, that's what it is.

Th3birdman
Originally posted by Z Kai
I like how this was ignored. Oh well.

Electric Wind God Fist Bump

Yeah this'll get ignored and that overrated pile of frustration Street Fighter generates God-like amounts of hype and interest. SMH

No End N Site
All you gotta do is look. Jesus Christ! Itsa God Damn shame mophuckaz gotta hate so damn hard. I made the thread as soon as the game was announced. Not a good look at all.no

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t538849.html

General Kaliero
Threads merged.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Th3birdman
Electric Wind God Fist Bump

Yeah this'll get ignored and that overrated pile of frustration Street Fighter generates God-like amounts of hype and interest. SMH This will definitely not get ignored.. and street fighter is deserving of its praise

tekken is completely different in that it tried to cash in on virtua fighter's 3d success.. but has found itself its own niche.. (which in addition has gone on to spawn soul edge, and then my personal fave, soul calibur)

The hype for this title is most definitely up there with SFxT and TxSF, as the last entry was, what, .. 10 years ago ish?

Dynamic Entry
kZfdMTbczJM?hd=1Most recent trailer. Apparently Heihachi's body went back in time since Feng, Miguel, and everyone else seems as they are in Tekken 6. I like the stages and the music, especially that one bright stage. Tekken 6 lacked...a good amount of sunlight.

And LOL @ the ripping off of La Mariposa. It seemed a lot like that when Mariposa was also featured with a ring-like stage with large camera screens (though Tekken 4 had that also). It seems fighters nowadays want a female wrestler dressed in some...latin costume or something. Hot nonetheless. I wonder who's behind that mask. 313 Probably King or Marduk's sister.

SaTsuJiN
yeah I just checked it out and I was like.. wtf... christie stole la mariposa's draws XD

would be hilarious if it was miguels sister

"please.. you think a MISSILE gonna stop me?.. *hurricane-rana miguel through the stage*"

Frisky Dingo
So any reason Y Heihachi's so young? Did he go back N a time machine. I read that they made him young again so that they could hire a new VA. IIRC, his old VA died.

Dynamic Entry
What's a VA?

One reason could be (and most likely) that Heihachi's voice actor recently died. He voiced many other Japanese characters also like Mr. Satan (Hercule) from Dragon Ball, who coincidentally looks a lot like Heihachi and is a martial arts tournament champion as well lol, so it's like a sort of tribute to the actor.

Another reason is TTT2 is probably not canon as the first one isn't, so it's a "dream" battle where you have things like Heihachi somehow being young again and Ganryu hosting the tournament...Ganryu? Yeah, noncanon.

And Julia using her wrestling persona. Yes, that La Mariposa "ripoff" (look at Mariposa's second costume and she has feathers just like the new character) might just be Julia masked up. After all Julia does have suplex grabs and the necklace on the new character belongs to Julia, and if you look at parts of the face it does really seem like Julia smiling back at you. Believe they also have the same leg thickness/body proportions and height. The only difference is hair lengths. Also likely she got wrestling lessons under King and trained under him since they had some connection before (heard she told King to fight Marduk in T5 or something like that).

Someone said Christie. That would be believable if the skins were the same, but the new wrestler is definitely white.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Dynamic Entry
What's a VA?

One reason could be (and most likely) that Heihachi's voice actor recently died.

o_O...........................

why would julia take on a wrestling persona and be so obvious about it (wearing her necklace and so forth)?

Dynamic Entry
Yeah, just didn't notice VA was voice actor. Even googled the abbreviations and usually you get a crap load of results for that. Speaking of VA's the new one sounds...almost the same.

Who knows. It's the same necklace though and Julia does have wrestling grabs. Maybe it's a relative. Christie was way more off. stick out tongue

No End N Site
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

why would julia take on a wrestling persona and be so obvious about it (wearing her necklace and so forth)?

Good eye! I didn't notice that at 1st. Makes sense.

Dynamic Entry
Actually, he said that because I first pointed it out.

FistOfThe North
love that vid. i wonder how old hehachi is there cause he doesn't look anything like his younger self. more like himself now just with black hair.

and as far as the new character goes, according to various websites, her name is Jaycee (or JC). many are saying she's julia chang, michelle chang's adopted mother. others are saying she might be king or marduks sister.

one can only speculate for now. but that's the newest news on ttt2 so far.

ttt2 is due out summer 2011 in japan. theu.s. tba. my guess, mid/late 2012.

Dynamic Entry
After seeing the young Heihachi, I thought it would be weird/funny if they decided to retcon Heihachi and Kazuya into switching the father/son status and give Kazuya somewhat of an older look with white hair. stick out tongue Shin Kazuya right derr.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
Good eye! I didn't notice that at 1st. Makes sense.

Nice sig, bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.