Lucifer Morning vs Great evil beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here

Omega Vision
GEB

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
GEB

Omega Vision
Why is it that you still can't get Lucifer's surname right?

cdtm
GEB, with ease.

kevdude
Why is it that you still can't get Lucifer's surname right?

My guess would be because hes from Russia smile .

Btw TGEB.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by kevdude
My guess would be because hes from Russia smile .

Btw TGEB.
He lives in Southern Florida actually. Miami area IIRC. He's just saying he's from Russia because that's where Colossus is from.

SamZED
Great evil beast is his actualt name?

Lame...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
Great evil beast is his actualt name?

Lame...
I'm not entirely sure he was ever named by a character on panel. I think that might just be a working name.

cdtm
I'm not entirely sure he was ever named by a character on panel. I think that might just be a working name.

Pretty sure he just called "The Darkness and similar names.

Btw, this TGEB talk has me wondering something: anyone know the scoop on why Spectre got retconned in another story? I think it was in "Last Days of the JSA" that it was mentioned.. Seems like an odd retcon without any real purpose..

kevdude
He lives in Southern Florida actually. Miami area IIRC. He's just saying he's from Russia because that's where Colossus is from.

Ah didn't know that, hope he gets it down sooner rather then later.

Btw TGEB has been mentioned in The Sandman and Lucifers books and both kinda ignore the retcon, so who knows..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty sure he just called "The Darkness and similar names.

Btw, this TGEB talk has me wondering something: anyone know the scoop on why Spectre got retconned in another story? I think it was in "Last Days of the JSA" that it was mentioned.. Seems like an odd retcon without any real purpose..
Apparently the JSA writers thought that the Ragnarok the JSA dealt with would be considered a more pressing concern than would the battle against the primal force of darkness and evil. ermm

guy222
GEB

cdtm
Apparently the JSA writers thought that the Ragnarok the JSA dealt with would be considered a more pressing concern than would the battle against the primal force of darkness and evil. ermm

The thing is, the events didn't even overlap.. Dr. Fate was even in both stories. If the JSA story and the Swamp Thing one happened at the same time, and the JSA had dibs on the character, maybe I could see giving Moore the "lesser" Spectre aspect.

I'm wondering if the JSA writers had it in for Alan Moore for some reason.

complexbrother
Lucifer

cdtm
Originally posted by complexbrother
Lucifer

With prep, he really could.. Lucifer and the Silver City residents did manage to stop two beings that sat on the throne of the Presence, taking on his powers..

But head to head? The Great Evil Beast is basically The Presences brother. Spectre struggled with his fingernail...

tsscls
Didn't the GEB + Spectre's showing against him/her/it get ret-conned?

cdtm
Originally posted by tsscls
Didn't the GEB + Spectre's showing against him/her/it get ret-conned?

Possibly. A JSA story had Spectre claim he sent a small portion of his ectoplasm to that fight, after the Crisis.

After re-reading it, I'm thinking the main point was to keep Moore's big bad from overshadowing the Crisis.

Doesn't matter, Swamp Things big bad was more baddass then Anti Monitor could ever hope to be..

Desaad
Which JSA story was that?

Desaad
Nevermind, I have it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.