Who can tank a fastball special?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
http://www.interzone.com/~cheung/Heroclix/P/FastballSpecial.jpg

lets say wolverine sticks both of his arm foward and colossus intends to fast ball wolverine through the person killing him

the person cannot brace

1. luke cage
2. blob
3. Namor
4. wonderman
5. abomination
6. wonder woman
7. superman
8. doomsday
9. darksied
10. thanos
11. void sentry

Black bolt z
Depends where he hits them.

byrdgang21
I think 7-10 survives.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I think 7-10 survives. 6 if she can se her bracers.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Depends where he hits them. the chest, one arm to each side

marwash22
"Tank", as in, Wolverine just bounces off their chest and falls to ground without the attacked person budging from their position...

Superman
Doomsday
Darksied
Thanos
Void/Sentry

bbrem123
yea 7-11 sounds about right

even betweeen 7 and 11 a lot of them willt get impaled

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
even betweeen 7 and 11 a lot of them willt get impaled

probably, but it's not going to be a mortal wound.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by -Pr-
probably, but it's not going to be a mortal wound.

I agree with that, and with the fact that 7-11 will probably survive.

I see Sups being really damaged, but still live after it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I agree with that, and with the fact that 7-11 will probably survive.

I see Sups being really damaged, but still live after it.

He's taken bigger wounds and fought on. He'll be fine.

Lunacyde
So they are just standing there letting it hit them square on not moving at all?

Colossus-Big C
yes

Galan007
No one is going to "tank" this. After all, Wolverine was able to stab Thanos (whose durability is on par with anyone else listed) all by his lonesome.... Now add the extra force gained by Colossus throwing him.

Several of the characters could certainly survive it, though.

Oak Parker
4-11 Survive.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Oak Parker
4-11 Survive. colossus has thrown wolverine at speeds fast enough to reach earths orbit...

Uriel005
5-6 survives it 7-11 bounces

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
colossus has thrown wolverine at speeds fast enough to reach earths orbit...

i hope you're not referring to astonishing x-men...

Colossus-Big C
the space ship was at full thrust, in order to catch it starting from the ground he had to be going much faster than it

-Pr-
the space ship was at full thrust, in order to catch it starting from the ground he had to be going much faster than it

it was accelerating. it hadn't reached escape velocity yet.

Colossus-Big C
it was near it , but the point is in order to catch it he had to going multiple times faster than it
especially since wolverine started at the ground and it was far up in the sky

-Pr-
it was near it , but the point is in order to catch it he had to going multiple times faster than it
especially since wolverine started at the ground and it was far up in the sky

That's pretty vague.

probably, but it's not going to be a mortal wound. yes they mostly live through it

h1a8
Originally posted by Galan007
No one is going to "tank" this. After all, Wolverine was able to stab Thanos (whose durability is on par with anyone else listed) all by his lonesome.... Now add the extra force gained by Colossus throwing him.

Several of the characters could certainly survive it, though.

There are different types of durability.

1. Energy absorption type
2. Hardness type (resistance against piercing damage)
3. Healing factor type
4. tough hide type (not so resistant to piercing damage though)

Thanos is more of a 1. and 4. type.
Superman is mostly 2. but possess all 4.
Thor is like Thanos.
Hulk is 3 and 4.

Wolverine doesn't put a scratch on Superman with his normal strength since he can't Colossus.
With colossus strength Logan may penetrate Superman a half inch or less.

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine did cut colossus, this stupid misconception that he dident is foolish. It simply because of the art. Honestly it rediculous that people even try to pretend that wolveirne did not cut colossus.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by marwash22
"Tank", as in, Wolverine just bounces off their chest and falls to ground without the attacked person budging from their position...

Superman
Doomsday
Darksied
Thanos
Void/Sentry

thumb up

also can he cut blob? it's probably stupid to ask but the only instance ive seen wolverine try and cut blob were in the old Animated Series ....

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine did cut colossus, this stupid misconception that he dident is foolish. It simply because of the art. Honestly it rediculous that people even try to pretend that wolveirne did not cut colossus. didnt it happen more than once?

Dum Dum Dugan
didnt it happen more than once?
nope, he tried onces, and the narration even stated that colossus metal was not match for wolverines adamatium claws. The reason it even debated is becuase of the fact it wolverine and becuases of the art. If it was any other character I doubt people would even debate that colossus was cut, because it a fact he was cut. The author intentions was that wolverine claws could easily cut colossus, it simply was presented poorly by an artists and a time in which damage infliction was piss poorly presented.

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
thumb up

also can he cut blob? it's probably stupid to ask but the only instance ive seen wolverine try and cut blob were in the old Animated Series .... he has cut the blob and hulk and nefaria and thor and probably colossus too

KingD19
Said he scoured the metal....which meant that while he cut it, it was more like scratches than anything else.

And Ord's ship was going to reach orbit in seconds, the fact that Colossus threw him past cloud level, and right through Ord's cockpit canopy shows crazy speed and accuracy.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
Said he scoured the metal....which meant that while he cut it, it was more like scratches than anything else.

It was a slash though, with no leverage behind it. It was the same type of attack he did against WWH which also did little damage, but certainly did not mean he couldent stabb the shit out of Hulk. Because he did.

Author intention were pretty clear, wolverine can cut colossus. If there was any problem with strength it would have been mention. The art sucked at showing damage, shit it dident even show wolverine cut the suit, which is absurd. But again even anyone actaully read the arcs, damage was never presented well or even really at all with that artist/time.

-Pr-
Wolverine did cut colossus, this stupid misconception that he dident is foolish. It simply because of the art. Honestly it rediculous that people even try to pretend that wolveirne did not cut colossus.

when? the scratches thing?

Dum Dum Dugan
when? the scratches thing?
When he raked his claws across colossus. It was clearly the author's point that wolverine claws can clearly cut colossus. That nonsenses that wolverine does not posses the strength came about because of wolverine hate, it was never even hinted by the author. Simply people took the art at face value and ran with it, with out factoring the time in which the event took place or the artist himself. Again as I was saying, if this had been anyone asside from wolverine a doubt people would even try and argue wolverine dident cut him.

-Pr-
When he raked his claws across colossus. It was clearly the author's point that wolverine claws can clearly cut colossus. That nonsenses that wolverine does not posses the strength came about because of wolverine hate, it was never even hinted by the author. Simply people took the art at face value and ran with it, with out factoring the time in which the event took place or the artist himself. Again as I was saying, if this had been anyone asside from wolverine a doubt people would even try and argue wolverine dident cut him.

Disagreed, tbh.

Dum Dum Dugan
Disagreed, tbh.
why do you disagree?

I mean it states clearly that colossus metal is not match for wolverines claws.

It never hints that wolverine not strong enough, thats some myth, some one made up on the boards.

The art at the time and by that author did no represent damage done well or even at all. This is a fact, I will gladly list the issue numbers were you can clearly see that damage is simply not being represented by the artist which was a runing theme with comic during that time. It was so bad that they did even show colossus suit being damage, dispite the fact we know wolveiren scratched him there. are we now about to argue that wolverine can't cut cloth?

oh and then we have a number of times were wolverine states he can cut colossus, othr people acknolwedge that he can, and colossus himself acknowledges that wolverine can. I dont get how one can simply ignore this.

Tha C-Master
I personally think he can of course penetrate the metal and scratch him, he just can't cut all the way through in a single clean swipe. It would be like some wire or something raking your skin IMO. Kinda like you can cut through aluminum, but cutting through a can of solid aluminum in and out is another story entirely.

Dum Dum Dugan
see I wouldent have much problem with that, if there was evidences of it. I mean frankly wolevrine cut people more durable then colossus and people as durable with ease.

Author states that colossus metal is no match for wolverines claws. No issue of strength was ever brought forth by the author.

Wolverine believes he can easily cut colossus, colossus believes he can easily cut him ect.

There seems to be much more evidences to say he can cut him deeply, then he can't.

Tha C-Master
So you think he can casually hack his arm off? His metal might not be as strong, but density plays a role too. Colossus is very dense, even denser than Hulk (to an extent).

Dum Dum Dugan
I think wolverine can stabb right into colossus, just like he did the thing. Colossus and Wolverine both believe this as well. He might not be taking arms, off but frankly he doesent do that with any bricks, but he certainly should have no problem creating great amount of damage. Wolverine has also causually cut through huge chains made of titanium which were capable of holding hercules.

Colossus-Big C
see I wouldent have much problem with that, if there was evidences of it. I mean frankly wolevrine cut people more durable then colossus and people as durable with ease.
who have wolverine cut thats as dense as colossus?
look up osmium its the densist natural metal in the universe
i doubt hulks skin is as dense as that.

if a class 100 character with wolverines arm only manage to make it "almost down to colossus bone"(which really is just and inch or two), what makes you think wolverine can cut right through him?

-Pr-
why do you disagree?

I mean it states clearly that colossus metal is not match for wolverines claws.

It never hints that wolverine not strong enough, thats some myth, some one made up on the boards.

The art at the time and by that author did no represent damage done well or even at all. This is a fact, I will gladly list the issue numbers were you can clearly see that damage is simply not being represented by the artist which was a runing theme with comic during that time. It was so bad that they did even show colossus suit being damage, dispite the fact we know wolveiren scratched him there. are we now about to argue that wolverine can't cut cloth?

oh and then we have a number of times were wolverine states he can cut colossus, othr people acknolwedge that he can, and colossus himself acknowledges that wolverine can. I dont get how one can simply ignore this.

the fact that he didn't stab him, for one.

we go by feats on the board. on panel feats. if you can't produce any of him actually doing it, then it doesn't count.

h1a8

Prove it. Because the dialogue didn't suggest that he did either.

illadelph12
Hmm...

So are we saying that Ord is more durable than Thanos?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

So are we saying that Ord is more durable than Thanos? how so?
piercing resistance =/= overall durability

KingD19
I don't think Wolverine ever cut Ord. He smashed through his canopy, and threatened to pop his claws in his mouth if he kept trying to escape into orbit.

Dum Dum Dugan
the fact that he didn't stab him, for one.

we go by feats on the board. on panel feats. if you can't produce any of him actually doing it, then it doesn't count.
again you can't assume he can't ther eno evidences toi such he can't stabb colossus. evidences that we do have is that both wolverine and colossus both agree that he can do serous damage to colossus with his claws. We know wolverine has stabbed people more durable then colossus. We know he has stabbed eople as durable as well. We also know colossus can be stabbed, becuase it happen before.

so why do you assume he can't?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't think Wolverine ever cut Ord. He smashed through his canopy, and threatened to pop his claws in his mouth if he kept trying to escape into orbit.
wolverine stabbed orb in there second fight I believe. When he took it to both Orb and Danger at the same time.

as for H1 nonsenses the diologe stated that colossus metal was no match for wolverine adamatium claws......as usual you are as ignorant as ever. Don't know why I bother to click on the here bottun won't be making that mistake again.

-Pr-
again you can't assume he can't ther eno evidences toi such he can't stabb colossus. evidences that we do have is that both wolverine and colossus both agree that he can do serous damage to colossus with his claws. We know wolverine has stabbed people more durable then colossus. We know he has stabbed eople as durable as well. We also know colossus can be stabbed, becuase it happen before.

so why do you assume he can't?

i'm not assuming anything; it's just what i believe.

are you honestly trying to say that it's definitively proven that logan can stab colossus?

Tha C-Master
Could we have some clear scans please from anybody?

Colossus-Big C
a tank is no match for a diamond , but does that mean i can cut a tank in half with a diamond sword?

Colossus-Big C
imo the artist was cleary saying wolverine isnt strong enough to do major damage to colossus
especially since he draws him cutting hulk, thing, thanos etc

Dum Dum Dugan
imo the artist was cleary saying wolverine isnt strong enough to do major damage to colossus
especially since he draws him cutting hulk, thing, thanos etc
No he wasent. dude don't be delusional. He says nothing nor even hints about wolverine strength. Infact he hints Logan should have no trouble cutting colossus.

dude they said he cut colossus. They art simple doesent show damage well. dident even show him cut the suit (and what you wanna try and argue that wolverien can't cut cloth?)

Tha C-Master
a tank is no match for a diamond , but does that mean i can cut a tank in half with a diamond sword? There are actually things that can be sharpened better than diamond (although less durable) believe it or not.

Dum Dum Dugan
i'm not assuming anything; it's just what i believe.

are you honestly trying to say that it's definitively proven that logan can stab colossus?
But your side has no evidences.

What we know are facts.

1. Colossus skin is no match for wolverien adamatium claws which was stated on pannel.

2. Wolverine believes he can easily cut colossus.

3. Colossus has shown fear of wolverines claws and believes they can serously damage him

Though not 616 wolverine, old man logan universes he eaisly cut colossus.

your side is that you magically believe colossus has some immunity to wolveriens claws.........dispite the fact he cut people more durable then colossus and people as durable.....and colossus and wolverine both acknolwedge that he can cut him.

I just wondering how you have your stances. whats the evidences that makes you believe this?

Colossus-Big C
No he wasent. dude don't be delusional. He says nothing nor even hints about wolverine strength. Infact he hints Logan should have no trouble cutting colossus.

dude they said he cut colossus. They art simple doesent show damage well. dident even show him cut the suit (and what you wanna try and argue that wolverien can't cut cloth?) i hope you dont think colossus is only as durable as steel

Dum Dum Dugan
i hope you dont think colossus is only as durable as steel
....are you serous....I bet money i read and know more about colossus then you do.

Wolverine has easily stabbed Thing, Namor, WWH, Tiger Shark,Thanos ect.

Wolveirne has easily cut through titanium and titanium chains that were capable of holding Hercules.

Both Wolverine and Colossus both believe he can cut him.

Colossus-Big C
titanium chains holding hercules is PIS

Dum Dum Dugan
titanium chains holding hercules is PIS
There were designed by mastermind (dude who has looked the hulk up before, him locking Hercules up is hardly PIS)

-Pr-
But your side has no evidences.

What we know are facts.

1. Colossus skin is no match for wolverien adamatium claws which was stated on pannel.

2. Wolverine believes he can easily cut colossus.

3. Colossus has shown fear of wolverines claws and believes they can serously damage him

Though not 616 wolverine, old man logan universes he eaisly cut colossus.

your side is that you magically believe colossus has some immunity to wolveriens claws.........dispite the fact he cut people more durable then colossus and people as durable.....and colossus and wolverine both acknolwedge that he can cut him.

I just wondering how you have your stances. whats the evidences that makes you believe this?

it was a simple yes or no question, dude.

StiltmanFTW
wolverine stabbed orb in there second fight I believe. When he took it to both Orb and Danger at the same time.

True, he did. One of a few really cool moments (Astonishing Wolverine's, that is).

h1a8
There were designed by mastermind (dude who has looked the hulk up before, him locking Hercules up is hardly PIS)

Do you think a titanium chain can support lift an aircraft carrier without breaking? If Hercules can't break titanium chains then that is extreme PIS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.