Eternity Vs Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Eternity Vs all 616 Celestials

who wins

kgkg
Celestials

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kgkg
Celestials explain

Galan007
If Kubik is to be believed, a single no name Celestial is infinitely more powerful than he is (and he can gesturely warp entire universes.)

So yeah, Celestials easily.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Galan007
If Kubik is to be believed, a single no name Celestial is infinitely more powerful than he is (and he can gesturely warp entire universes.)

So yeah, Celestials easily. eternity can probably warp the multiverse

Galan007
^ That makes no sense.

Colossus-Big C
^ That makes no sense. why not?

Galan007
^ How can the embodiment of one universe warp an infinite amount of universes (the multiverse)?

---

Anywho, here Eternity lashes out against Thanos /w/ THOTI with "all the righteous fury he could muster", and all it did was destroy a planet:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4653/et1r.jpg

smile

Colossus-Big C
616 eternity is the one who created all the alternate realities

Johnny Sorrow
^ How can the embodiment of one universe warp an infinite amount of universes (the multiverse)?

---

Anywho, here Eternity lashes out against Thanos /w/ THOTI with "all the righteous fury he could muster", and all it did was destroy a planet:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4653/et1r.jpg

smile

lol lame

Omega Vision
Before Kubik's statement was there ever any indication that the Celestials were as powerful as a CCU let alone more powerful?

Bouboumaster

So yeah, Celestials easily.

Kubik stated the same about Galactus too. And Galactus is =< Eternity.

But in my opinion, Celestials vs Eternity would be the same as Galactus vs Celestials: Capable of destroying some but will be overwhelmed at the end of the day.

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Before Kubik's statement was there ever any indication that the Celestials were as powerful as a CCU let alone more powerful? Nope.

guy222
Celestials

Colossus-Big C
he created them ,though just by thinking
and they all fear fulcrum who is just a aspect of eternity

Galan007
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he created them ,though just by thinking
and they all fear fulcrum who is just a aspect of eternity Being responsible for the creation of something doesn't mean much where power is concerned. Richard Garwin designed the first hydrogen bomb -- that doesn't mean he was more powerful than it.

TheLordofMurder
This contest just shows off the incredible inconsistency and PIS writing in Marvel comics...

Eternity logically should be able to crush all the Celestials at once as Eternity represents the sum total of the universe and everything in it...so Eternity should possess all their power+that of every single being in the universe.

But Eternity is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the greatest jobber in Marvel; Eternity jobs more than the Elders of the Universe...jobs 1,000,000 times more than the Champion does.

Eternity only being able to destroy a single planet while enraged!??? BULLSH*T...10000% bullsh*t.

Anyway, if logic is a factor (and in Marvel comics it rarely is), then this is spite against the Celestials...

But if PIS and CIS are in full effect (as you know they are in Marvel) then the Celestials effortlessly bring Eternity to his knees and make him beg for mercy...

Colossus-Big C
this is different he ceated the from the black galaxy

Slaanesh
Celestial..there's just too many of them..

Omega Vision
Nope.
Then I think that's a case of crappy writing/Celestial wanking.

How much did Guy222 pay that writer? uhuh

stick out tongue

Edit: It's like if there was a comic where a guy like Mordru comments that Klarion the Witch Boy is orders of magnitude more powerful and suddenly everyone places Klarion in the Elder God tier. ermm

kgkg

stick out tongue

Edit: It's like if there was a comic where a guy like Mordru comments that Klarion the Witch Boy is orders of magnitude more powerful and suddenly everyone places Klarion in the Elder God tier. ermm It was hardly crap writing at that time anyway there hasn't been many forces able to defeat the Celestials.

Bentley
By feats? Celestials handily.

Omega Vision
It was hardly crap writing at that time anyway there hasn't been many forces able to defeat the Celestials.
Yeah but apart from being above the likes of Odin did they really have any impressive showings? Any Universal showings?

Bentley
Yeah but apart from being above the likes of Odin did they really have any impressive showings? Any Universal showings?

Well, there is Scathan shifty

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, there is Scathan shifty He was a future Celestial.

Future>>>Present. stick out tongue

kgkg
Yeah but apart from being above the likes of Odin did they really have any impressive showings? Any Universal showings? The only one I can remember is containing the Goblin Force.

But ya feat wise stomping multiple Skyfathers like they are nothing was at least Galactus level.

Bentley
I think that tanking a blast from an alternate Infinity Guantlet is more than alternate Eternities have done.

Galan007

stick out tongue

Edit: It's like if there was a comic where a guy like Mordru comments that Klarion the Witch Boy is orders of magnitude more powerful and suddenly everyone places Klarion in the Elder God tier. ermm I agree completely. What's funny is several people acted like I was an idiot for saying the same basic thing in a Celestial-related thread a while back, but the bottom line is: Kubik = a confirmed universal reality warper. The dude was able to gesturely transform Beyonder's universe into a small sphere that he could crush in his hand -- yet one unsupported comment pertaining to a no name/newborn Celestial being infinitely more powerful than he is supposed to supersede the fact that no Celestial (not counting the unquantifiable fellas like Scathan or evolved Tiamut) has feats approaching that level?

C'mon.

It was hardly crap writing at that time anyway there hasn't been many forces able to defeat the Celestials. Reed had a gun in his damn closet that was capable of fragging them. none

kgkg
Reed had a gun in his damn closet that was capable of fragging them. none Reed is well Reed. He once had a device to channel the power of the entire Negative Zone.

But Celestial have lost steam in recent times though.

Galan007
Reed is well Reed. He once had a device to channel the power of the entire Negative Zone.

But Celestial have lost steam in recent times though. Agreed. I was very impressed after reading the fairly recent What If, where Doom (empowered by both the Beyonder's power AND the infinity gems) barely managed to beat the Celestials. I figured that was the uber direction they were going to be taking.

...But their showings in F4 have been pretty much the opposite of that.

zopzop
The only one I can remember is containing the Goblin Force.

But ya feat wise stomping multiple Skyfathers like they are nothing was at least Galactus level.

Yup, but it "devastated" their entire race! They also managed, in a What If like another poster mentioned, to destroy the IG and drain almost all of the (Pre Retcon?) Beyonder's power. Sure they were wiped out, but that's still damn impressive!

And, then there's Scathan :P

Eternity vs "Celestials" is spite against the Jobber King.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This contest just shows off the incredible inconsistency and PIS writing in Marvel comics...

Eternity logically should be able to crush all the Celestials at once as Eternity represents the sum total of the universe and everything in it...so Eternity should possess all their power+that of every single being in the universe.

But Eternity is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the greatest jobber in Marvel; Eternity jobs more than the Elders of the Universe...jobs 1,000,000 times more than the Champion does.

Eternity only being able to destroy a single planet while enraged!??? BULLSH*T...10000% bullsh*t.

Anyway, if logic is a factor (and in Marvel comics it rarely is), then this is spite against the Celestials...

But if PIS and CIS are in full effect (as you know they are in Marvel) then the Celestials effortlessly bring Eternity to his knees and make him beg for mercy...

This is 100% correct, there's really nothing else to say

Bentley
I agree completely. What's funny is several people acted like I was an idiot for saying the same basic thing in a Celestial-related thread a while back, but the bottom line is: Kubik = a confirmed universal reality warper. The dude was able to gesturely transform Beyonder's universe into a small sphere that he could crush in his hand -- yet one unsupported comment pertaining to a no name/newborn Celestial being infinitely more powerful than he is supposed to supersede the fact that no Celestial (not counting the unquantifiable fellas like Scathan or evolved Tiamut) has feats approaching that level?

C'mon.

Reed had a gun in his damn closet that was capable of fragging them. none

Reed beat a single Celestial after they were blasted by a freaking Infinity Guantlet. Actually, by tanking an Infinity Guantlet those random Celestials already bypassed most of Eternity's feats.

Stoic
I'm not completely sure, but isn't the Eternity that has appeared in comics only been the true Eternity's Avatar? He mentioned as much in the Infinity Watch, when he said that Warlock would never be able to punk him in his true form. Also, how can Eternity be merely universal when his very name contradicts this belief, I mean he is Eternity, which means that he is omnipresent... Right?

Bentley
Eternity's true form is the 616 universe.

Stoic
Eternity's true form is the 616 universe.

Does that really make sense to you? Eternity means unending, which should mean that he encompasses not only the 616 Universe, but all other parallel universes, and their sub counter parts, this would also include the Negative Zone. Anyways Marvel should stop painting themselves into corners.

Galan007
Reed beat a single Celestial after they were blasted by a freaking Infinity Guantlet. Actually, by tanking an Infinity Guantlet those random Celestials already bypassed most of Eternity's feats. There is no proof whatsoever that those alternate IG's are equal to the 616 gems.

Stoic
There is no proof whatsoever that those alternate IG's are equal to the 616 gems.

Damn Galan you in Ninja mode? You just popped out of no where, set the record straight, and poof.

Bentley
There is no proof whatsoever that those alternate IG's are equal to the 616 gems.

But during the arc it was stated they did control their respective dimensions which means pretty much power over Eternity anyways.

Originally posted by Stoic
Does that really make sense to you? Eternity means unending, which should mean that he encompasses not only the 616 Universe, but all other parallel universes, and their sub counter parts, this would also include the Negative Zone. Anyways Marvel should stop painting themselves into corners.

It is a whole semantic discussion imo, but Eternity's physical body is made of the visible face of the 616 universe at any given time, but Eternity can change of identity during time-shifts. Let's just say it's an abstract and it's harder to impose the idea of identity to it.

Galan007
But during the arc it was stated they did control their respective dimensions which means pretty much power over Eternity anyways. The 616 gems were able to casually dismiss Celestials as though they were fodder. The alternate gems that were getting tooled by the Celestials. That's where I'm drawing my comparison, personally.

Bentley
The 616 gems were able to casually dismiss Celestials as though they were fodder. The alternate gems that were getting tooled by the Celestials. That's where I'm drawing my comparison, personally.

To be fair to those second stringer IG, they were used in a different dimension that the one they were meant to be used into.

In Guardians of the Galaxy the Celestials were capable of stopping the expansion of the fault -forced by a CC- which would've engulfed a number of future aspects of Eternity.

Galan007
^ Stop making excuses. uhuh

Those IG's were so piss-poor that a random weapon in Reed's closet was capable of doing something they were not.

KuRuPT Thanosi
A few things:

1. Eternity has been portrayed as the embodiment and creator of ALL universeS not just one universe.

2. Kubik statement, to me, is nothing more than PIS and hyperbole all wrapped up into one.

3. Eternity should win with a gesture

Bentley
^ Stop making excuses. uhuh

Those IG's were so piss-poor that a random weapon in Reed's closet was capable of doing something they were not.

We both know:

A) The enthropy weapon affected the Celestials because they were leaking energy from the initial IG blast and

B) Reed >>>> Eternity

Galan007
B) Reed >>>> Eternity Touche. vin

Colossus-Big C
writers need to portray eternity the way he should be portrayed

1. eternity is the combine conscieness of every being in the universe.

why the f^uck does he needs reed richards help to do something?

2. he is the manifestation of all the beings in the universe and have all there combined power, past present and future.

why does he lose to non multiversal beings?

3. He IS the universe thus being omniscent

why does it seem like he doesnt know everthing thats going on in the universe?

zopzop
writers need to portray eternity the way he should be portrayed

1. eternity is the combine conscieness of every being in the universe.

why the f^uck does he needs reed richards help to do something?

2. he is the manifestation of all the beings in the universe and have all there combined power, past present and future.

why does he lose to non multiversal beings?

3. He IS the universe thus being omniscent

why does it seem like he doesnt know everthing thats going on in the universe?

To be fair the writers themselves don't know what to do with Eternity and the whole "Cosmic Compass" of Death/Oblivion/Eternity/Infinity.

Eternity is not the whole universe or the representation of all life in the universe. Eternity is the manifestation of time. The SUPREME manifestation of time, greater than other such beings like Eon/Epoch, Kronos, etc..

Infinity is the manifestation of space. The SUPREME manifestation of space. Together with Eternity they represent SPACE/TIME.

Death is the manifestation of mortality. The SUPREME manifestation of mortality. Greater than other beings like Hela, Pluto, Walker, etc...

Oblivion is the manifestation of nothingness (that's why he opposed Infinity who represents infinite space). Greater than cosmics like Unbeing, etc...

In one issue he's the sum total of the whole universe and in another he's the supreme "time being". I gave up trying to figure it out.

Mr Master
Eternity ftw!

... and the interpretation that "all the power Eternity could muster" can only destroy a planet,
is idiotic and laughable.

Eternity attacked Thanos/HOTI, and the planet Thanos stood on was destroyed.

Sorta like when Owen attacked Beyonder in a bedroom with a blast that would've obliterated several BILLION Universes, and yet only the wood on the floor was smoking.

Anyway ...

Eternity holds entire Universes (past/present/future) in one hand,
and in fact also created every single alternate Galactus across the omniverse, and furthermore is even responsible for the creation/destruction of all Universes period, which Eternity does all day every day.
(I'm sure "Infinity" is involved in this process, but many times Eternity stands for both)

Unfortunately, many appearances are surrounded by jobbing and good ol' PIS!
Properly written Eternity is seldom seen, but the few have been extraordinary.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
and the interpretation that "all the power Eternity could muster" can only destroy a planet,
is idiotic and laughable. Hey now, don't be a sour puss. I only stated exactly what was shown/described in that scene.

Sorta like when Owen attacked Beyonder in a bedroom with a blast that would've obliterated several BILLION Universes, and yet only the wood on the floor was smoking. Except in that instance, it was specifically stated how much damage Owen's blast could have caused. In the scene I posted, however, we only saw a single planet being destroyed, and Thanos (who at that time possessed relative omniscience) only made mention of that one planet having been destroyed:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2074/et1d.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3355/et2q.jpg

You seem to be implying that we should assume Eternity's blast was ludicrously powerful, despite nothing being suggestive of such. That, imho, seems more illogical than what I've stated. *shrug*

King Kandy
Originally posted by zopzop
To be fair the writers themselves don't know what to do with Eternity and the whole "Cosmic Compass" of Death/Oblivion/Eternity/Infinity.

Eternity is not the whole universe or the representation of all life in the universe. Eternity is the manifestation of time. The SUPREME manifestation of time, greater than other such beings like Eon/Epoch, Kronos, etc..

Infinity is the manifestation of space. The SUPREME manifestation of space. Together with Eternity they represent SPACE/TIME.

Death is the manifestation of mortality. The SUPREME manifestation of mortality. Greater than other beings like Hela, Pluto, Walker, etc...

Oblivion is the manifestation of nothingness (that's why he opposed Infinity who represents infinite space). Greater than cosmics like Unbeing, etc...

In one issue he's the sum total of the whole universe and in another he's the supreme "time being". I gave up trying to figure it out.

Eternity is rarely portrayed correctly. But making him omnipotent isn't necessarily a "good" portrayal. Hell, my favorite use of Eternity was the Dr. Strange arc where Nightmare possesses him! One of his worst showings but at the same time, it felt like he was getting proper respect because there was a sense of transcendence with him.

What he represents is messed up.

In the first Dr. Strange comics he appeared in, Eternity was a universe... but NOT the 616 universe. He just appeared to be some powerful mystic entity that was a universe unto itself.

The next time he appeared, he was for some random reason changed into being the embodiment of time in 616. I have no idea why they decided to do this. Just so Strange would feel he had a need to rescue him?

The next time he appeared, he was the embodiment of life, and for some reason had a closer tie to life on Earth than the rest of the universe. He was also directly opposed to Death, and their struggle would decide the fate of the universe.

That was the portrayal used, more or less, up until the writers for Quasar started to explore him more. He was switched back to being the embodiment of time, with Infinity being space. He was still considered the opposite of Death, but the reason for this was no longer apparent.

Writers since then have used whatever they felt like, it seems. Some comics still have him at war with Death, some feature him as greater than a single universe, some only equal to one. He's never been a well-defined character.

zopzop
@ King Kandy

Yes, uber confusing. It seems that they are sticking with the "embodiment of time" thing, because in the scans that Galan007 posted from "The End", Thanos states that Eternity is rather annoying for being the personification of time.

I think this is the role that suits him best.

Eternity - Death. Time (Endlessness) vs Mortality

Infinity - Oblivion. Infinite space vs the Void of Nothingness

It makes more sense this way.

@Mr Master

When/What issue has Eternity ever been written properly? Cause every time I see him, he's been a laughing stock.

What I dont get is that if eternity is the embodyment of a given universe, shouldn't he also contain and be able to access all the power any single entity inside said universe possesses?

Sr J-Bieb
Hey now, don't be a sour puss. I only stated exactly what was shown/described in that scene.

Except in that instance, it was specifically stated how much damage Owen's blast could have caused. In the scene I posted, however, we only saw a single planet being destroyed, and Thanos (who at that time possessed relative omniscience) only made mention of that one planet having been destroyed:

You seem to be implying that we should assume Eternity's blast was ludicrously powerful, despite nothing being suggestive of such. That, imho, seems more illogical than what I've stated. *shrug*
Right, so we should assume that Eternity is on the same level as Surfer then... I'm OK with that.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Right, so we should assume that Eternity is on the same level as Surfer then... I'm OK with that.
No we need some real combat feats from Eternity before we can equate him with a bonafide High Herald like Surfer. uhuh

Originally posted by 753
What I dont get is that if eternity is the embodyment of a given universe, shouldn't he also contain and be able to access all the power any single entity inside said universe possesses?
Maybe he's like a human in that he has little control over his own body. shrug

Sr J-Bieb
No we need some real combat feats from Eternity before we can equate him with a bonafide High Herald like Surfer. uhuh
Better than Superman either way.

zopzop

laughing But in Eternity's defense, what could he possibly do? If he destroys anything larger than galaxies, Infinity would punch him in the face for destroying parts of her body smile

Awesome analogy but it's not "his body" it's Infinity's body (since she represents space).

Galan007
Right, so we should assume that Eternity is on the same level as Surfer then... I'm OK with that. Don't shoot the messenger, broseph. If anything I said about that scene is inaccurate, please tell me. smile

Sr J-Bieb
Don't shoot the messenger, broseph. If anything I said about that scene is inaccurate, please tell me. smile Well, you're assuming this is all Eternity could do. That this means something (especially when defending the Beyonder scene). And you brought it up, so, no, unless the comic told you to post itself, then you're the one to blame here.

I can get posting it as a trolling tool and defending it as such, but honestly defending it is hilarious.

Colossus-Big C
there was an infinity vs oblivion fight were they were destroying the universe
i doubt eternity is silver surfer level

Galan007
Well, you're assuming this is all Eternity could do. That this means something (especially when defending the Beyonder scene). And you brought it up, so, no, unless the comic told you to post itself, then you're the one to blame here.

I can get posting it as a trolling tool and defending it as such, but honestly defending it is hilarious. Not really defending it in the literal sense... I could really care less, tbh. But when peeps get their panties in a twist over because I posted what happened on panel, I have no problem sticking up for it.

More on point... Nice dodge/concession accepted. vin

Sr J-Bieb
i doubt eternity is silver surfer level Nope. Eternity can only destroy a planet. Fact.

Sr J-Bieb
Not really defending it in the literal sense... Could really care less about it, tbh. But when peeps get their panties in a twist over it, I have no problem sticking up for it.

More on point... Nice dodge/concession accepted. vin Right, trolling.

You answered me saying Surfer is on Eternity's level by saying something irrelevant. Dodgequeen.

zopzop
i doubt eternity is silver surfer level

I know Infinity and Oblivion are that powerful smile LOL it's ETERNITY we are discussing. He hasn't been shown doing much of anything except getting owned.

PS the LOWEST of the low was when he had the "vapors" in the Infinity War arc. I loled hard.

Galan007
Right, trolling.

You answered me saying Surfer is on Eternity's level by saying something irrelevant. Dodgequeen. The first part was trollish. The rest was just me justifying it. Get whit teh program.

Eternity isn't on Surfer's level. Take that how you will. Homo. sneer

Sr J-Bieb
The first part was trollish. The rest was just me justifying it. Get whit teh program.

Eternity isn't on Surfer's level. Take that how you will. Homo. sneer Everything was.

Both can destroy planets.

theICONiac
Hey now, don't be a sour puss. I only stated exactly what was shown/described in that scene.

Except in that instance, it was specifically stated how much damage Owen's blast could have caused. In the scene I posted, however, we only saw a single planet being destroyed, and Thanos (who at that time possessed relative omniscience) only made mention of that one planet having been destroyed:

Eternity can only bust a planet...

Mxy gets pwned by SMP but that doesn't count...

Hmmmmmmmmm... wallbash

Galan007
Everything was.

Both can destroy planets. Depends on your definition.

Obviously. Like I said, Eternity is not on Surfer's level. ermm

Originally posted by theICONiac
Eternity can only bust a planet...

Mxy gets pwned by SMP but that doesn't count...

Hmmmmmmmmm... wallbash Sorry, had ya on ignore so I didn't see this right away... Anywho, Eternity didn't pwn Thanos, so that ideology doesn't fly here. sneer

Omega Vision
laughing But in Eternity's defense, what could he possibly do? If he destroys anything larger than galaxies, Infinity would punch him in the face for destroying parts of her body smile

Awesome analogy but it's not "his body" it's Infinity's body (since she represents space).
Eh. Sometimes Marvel ignores Infinity altogether and make it as if Eternity is the sole representative. Which is a shame because I like Infinity's design better.

King Kandy
Eh. Sometimes Marvel ignores Infinity altogether and make it as if Eternity is the sole representative. Which is a shame because I like Infinity's design better.
Well, Eternity came first. Outside of Quasar I can't think of any appearances of Infinity that didn't also have Eternity. I don't understand why they even wanted to introduce her as a character.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well, Eternity came first. Outside of Quasar I can't think of any appearances of Infinity that didn't also have Eternity. I don't understand why they even wanted to introduce her as a character.
Cosmic titties. That's why.

Power Cosmic II
Being responsible for the creation of something doesn't mean much where power is concerned. Richard Garwin designed the first hydrogen bomb -- that doesn't mean he was more powerful than it.

Illogical analogy. None of the brilliant minds working on the first atomic weapon willed it into existence by simply "meditating."

King Castle
just b/c eternity was tryin to kill thanos doesnt mean that is the full result of his power.. it was just a minor side effect when the planet was destroyed...

you can have universal power but in comics it seems it can be concentrated into a small beam without effecting its surroundings.

either way eternity is getting beat by the celestial race

King Kandy
I think Eternity wins, baring a super-celestial like Scathan. He just transcends the abilities of these beings.

King Castle
I think Eternity wins, baring a super-celestial like Scathan. He just transcends the abilities of these beings. how, by not manifesting and simply attacking them without form ala omniscient god?

King Kandy
How could they destroy him? The only way they could get a win is to contain his will ala Magus w/ CCUs or Thanos w/ IG... and I don't really see them as being able to do that. It would require power on a greater order than theirs.

King Castle
i have a hard time grasping the abstract.. but, couldnt the celestial attack home from outside the universe the white void where eternity has no choice but to have a humanoid body?

zopzop
How could they destroy him? The only way they could get a win is to contain his will ala Magus w/ CCUs or Thanos w/ IG... and I don't really see them as being able to do that. It would require power on a greater order than theirs.

In an alternate universe they destroyed the Infinity Gauntlet AND drained almost all of the Beyonder's power from Doom.

The IG + Beyonder > Eternity.

NOTE :

Yes I realize it was a What If, but still..............

King Castle
i saw that as completely PIS and wanking for them all... awesome comic but, i dont see the power being equal to the 616

Galan007
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Illogical analogy. None of the brilliant minds working on the first atomic weapon willed it into existence by simply "meditating." ...Which doesn't change the fact that creating something does not automatically make you more powerful than it.

Regardless, neither Eternity or the Celestials have much going for them in the feat department. So the outcome is really dependent on personal opinion.

King Castle
celestial toss planets at eternity while eternity lets it go through his body aka space without effect..

Galan007
Originally posted by King Castle
celestial toss planets at eternity while eternity lets it go through his body aka space without effect.. Or they use some of that Kubik-implied power and warp the shit outta Eternity. 131

Mr Master

Hey now, don't be a sour puss.
I only stated exactly what was shown/described in that scene.
Hey, don't be a touchy puss.
I wasn't attacking you but the thought which had several posters confused.

In any case, no where in that scene does it state,
or even suggest that all of Eternity's power is limited to a global affect.

What did happen is exactly what I posted before:

Eternity attacks Thanos, and as a result,
the planet Thanos stood on was destroyed.

Thanos being omniscient also does not make any mention
of Eternity's power being limited to a planet.

And still,
if anyone believes that scene is even attempting to make such an absurd statement,
they're kidding themselves.

Nah, illogical is thinking that Eternity is a global power.

Not just illogical, but I have to laughing

john allerdyce
heh i guess the tard missed the last few pages of hilarious banter roll eyes (sarcastic)

as for the match i think celestials win. seems like i remember doom somehow driving to a universe that was swarming with them. thats alot of power.

Mr Master
The Celestials (barring Scathan) are Eternity's creative puppets.

Originally posted by King Castle

just b/c eternity was tryin to kill thanos doesnt mean that is the full result of his power.. it was just a minor side effect when the planet was destroyed...

you can have universal power but in comics it seems it can be concentrated into a small beam without effecting its surroundings.

thumb up

According to Roma (the Omniversal guardian)

Eternity contains "ALL That Ever Was, Ever Is, or Ever Will Be"

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792375_Et.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But ... to Roma, what is ... "ALL That Ever Was, Ever Is, or Ever Will Be?"

Well ... Roma operates from a station called the "Starlight Citadel"

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4225587_r2ef3.jpg

"from this venue, the Guardian of Reality can view events on every plane of the Omniverse"

smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But still, she could be talking garbage right?

Until we actually see how Eternity affects ALL Universes!

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/3607110_etpf1.jpg

"Wolds within Worlds, Dimensions folding into themselves,
Entire UniverseS being born, and collapsing into ruin,
and yet I sense that ALL This -- is but a fraction of what Eternity is,

the core, the Heart of Eternity's being ... here All Energy, All Matter, lies,
I will detonate Eternity's Heart --- triggering another Creation event,
Re-Birthing every being and thing in All the UniverseS"

(Infinity is part of this, but sometimes she's depicted, sometimes not, many times Eternity is both)

*shrug*

And meh, like I said before,
since back in the late 70's,
Eternity has been portrayed as a power where entire Universes are nothing to him:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4710/etisunicopyxs5.th.jpg

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1582628_etisuni2copysh4.jpg

Eternity is Time incarnated ...

When he raises a Hand which holds whole universeS withIN it,

Past Present and Future"

Over 30 years later, Dr Strange is still telling it like it is, or how it should be:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/721893_etrw0.jpg

Strange:

"As I suspected,
he's managed to siphon off the Infinite energies of Eternity himself"

Namor:

"You speak as if Dormammu has become some kind of ... GOD."

Strange:

"GOD --- may be too small a word"

Namor:

"We've face self-styled gods before ... everytime we've stopped them"

Strange:

"You don't understand?

Eternity IS A GOD! He is ...
the complete embodiment of everyone and everything ...
... on All levels of Creation"

Galan007
At least you didn't copy/paste stuff this time. none

Anywho, I guess you're right. The blast Eternity unleashed was definitely more powerful than Thanos said it was. I mean, my God, Eternity has whole universeS in his gawd damn palm. His PALM!
ha-jam

zopzop
And meh, like I said before,
since back in the late 70's,
Eternity has been portrayed as a power where entire Universes are nothing to him:

And yet he's been humiliated by beings such as Nightmare and Zom. Universes are nothing, but minor demon lords have him wetting his panties smile

Philosophía

Anywho, I guess you're right. The blast Eternity unleashed was definitely more powerful than Thanos said it was. I mean, my God, Eternity has whole universeS in his gawd damn palm. His PALM!
ha-jam I lol'd.

Bran just likes to eat penis, nevermind him. He's probably still bent up on Galactus nearly dying from a planet collapsing and some explosions in the Hunger arc.

And Mr Master, you really need to get rid of those Word saves and improvise a bit. I mean, are you even enjoying these discussions at all?

Omega Vision

ha-jam
laughing out loud

Bentley
I lol'd too, good one.

theICONiac
Sorry, had ya on ignore so I didn't see this right away... Anywho, Eternity didn't pwn Thanos, so that ideology doesn't fly here. sneer

You took me off ignore?

Does this mean we're friends now??

love

Power Cosmic II
...Which doesn't change the fact that creating something does not automatically make you more powerful than it.

Regardless, neither Eternity or the Celestials have much going for them in the feat department. So the outcome is really dependent on personal opinion.

I understand that, but the analogy you picked underscored the exact opposite position: it took oppenheimer and all those other guys months and months of research to even lay the framework for the atom bomb.

Eternity literally went to a quiet corner, and the Celestials (again, literaly) sprang forth from his thoughts.

There's a clear distinction between the two processes and how much effort was exerted in the outcomes.

You can argue that creating something does not support the assumption that the creator is automatically more powerful than the created, which is where the analogy applies.

Where it's thrown into serious doubt is when the actual effort in the creation is totally on a different scale entirely. In that case, creating something DOES support the argument that the creator is more powerful than the created. God created the Earth, the universe, and all its inhabitants and populations in less than a week. The degree of ease strongly suggests creator>>>>creations. That's the case of Eternity, though of course neither have the feats to support it.

But that's a more valid look.

Galan007
Originally posted by theICONiac
You took me off ignore?

Does this mean we're friends now??

love No. ermmnone

King Kandy
And yet he's been humiliated by beings such as Nightmare and Zom. Universes are nothing, but minor demon lords have him wetting his panties smile
Zom is no "minor demon lord", and Eternity wasn't humiliated by him either (in fact, Eternity was the one who sealed him in the first place).

Nightmare... yeah that was a low showing (although some of the things Eternity did while possessed by Nightmare were pretty high showings).

zopzop
Zom is no "minor demon lord", and Eternity wasn't humiliated by him either (in fact, Eternity was the one who sealed him in the first place).

With Dormammu's help. It's not just Zom either, Hank Pym and the Avengers saved his sorry ass from Chthon recently too. The self same Chthon that gets the vapors when Atum shows up.

He's had other humiliations that I don't feel like reviewing. It's not just Nightmare. He's not the Jobber King for no reason.

Colossus-Big C
nightmares showing wasnt a low showing, he actually got eternity by causing 1/3 of the universe population to go to sleep so it made eternity go to sleep thus putting him in nightmares jurisdiction

King Kandy
nightmares showing wasnt a low showing, he actually got eternity by causing 1/3 of the universe population to go to sleep so it made eternity go to sleep thus putting him in nightmares jurisdiction
Which is an extremely bad showing, given that as Nightmare said 1/3 of the population is almost always sleeping.

theICONiac
No. ermmnone

Jerk. miffed

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.