Marvel Space Team Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
This is a round robin tournament. Every team will fight all of the other teams once. All fights will take place on the planet Sakaar in the Gladiator Arena.

1. Silver Surfer, Firelord, Nova(Frankie)
2. Nova Prime, Ronan, Super Skrull
3. Vulcan, Gladiator, Black Bolt
4. Adam Warlock, Drax, Moondragon
5. Captain Mar-Vell, Phyla-Vell, Genis-Vell(Photon)
6. Quasar, BRB, Jack of Hearts

Which team or teams gets the most wins?

dmills
Teams 2 and 4 would be beasts in an arena battle due to their superior cqb tactics. But the Heralds are flat out powerhouses and the Vell's are tough as well.

Desaad
Team 3 has the most across the board power. No weak links.

Team 5 has the single most powerful in Photon Genis, but the other 2 are extreme weak links.

Team 1 has an extremely powerful in Surfer, a middling powerful in Firelord, and a kind of weak/ineffective in Nova.

Any of those three could win. I might give the edge to the Vell team, despite being the least powerful of all of them, thanks to the way cosmic awareness works. Still, Phyla is so bad, she might lose it for them by default.

dmills
Oh you'd better make it so that nobody can fly away or anything. Maybe a ringout rule or something. Make it so that the battles HAVE to remain in close proximity to the arena.

CosmicComet
Captain Mar-vell will hold his own with the rest well enough.

His son Genis is by far the most powerful on the field though.

dmills
Originally posted by Desaad
Team 3 has the most across the board power. No weak links.

Team 5 has the single most powerful in Photon Genis, but the other 2 are extreme weak links.

Team 1 has an extremely powerful in Surfer, a middling powerful in Firelord, and a kind of weak/ineffective in Nova.

Any of those three could win. I might give the edge to the Vell team, despite being the least powerful of all of them, thanks to the way cosmic awareness works. Still, Phyla is so bad, she might lose it for them by default. Great points. Especially about team 3. However I think team 2 has the best chemistry of the teams and the side by side battle experience to go with it.

Q99

Any of those three could win. I might give the edge to the Vell team, despite being the least powerful of all of them, thanks to the way cosmic awareness works. Still, Phyla is so bad, she might lose it for them by default.

Phyla was actually pretty good when she had the nega bands- her energy absorption was extremely high and she was able to stalemate Genis because of it.

She had more raw power as Quasar but arguably she was her best with nega bands and could likely hold off someone quite a bit stronger than her.

Stoic
Teams 1, 2, and 5 would shine the most, out of them, I see Team 1 dominating the majority.

Desaad
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Captain Mar-vell will hold his own with the rest well enough.

His record is actually pretty middling. The Thing absolutely had him dead to rights, pushed him to his limits, and stuff like missiles or nearly did the same (trying to push one off course took everything he had, and would have killed him if he didn't get far enough away), and of course Ronan was more powerful than he.

He generally accomplished his goal, got his job done, but he wasn't great in 1v1 fighting.

Desaad
Originally posted by dmills
Great points. Especially about team 3. However I think team 2 has the best chemistry of the teams and the side by side battle experience to go with it.

I think even that is arguable, what with 3 former members of the Infinity Watch making up one team. Yeah, they were a pretty shitty team as far as team dynamics go, but they still have a good bit of experience working together, and assuming no dumb drax they would probably be quite good.

Desaad
Originally posted by Q99
Phyla was actually pretty good when she had the nega bands- her energy absorption was extremely high and she was able to stalemate Genis because of it.

It's been a lot of years since I've looked at that run, so I'll take your word for it. I recall thinking she was on pre-insanity Genis level, which wasn't actually that high either.

She had very LITTLE raw power as Quasar, from what I saw, despite what the Quantum Bands SHOULD have granted her.

Then again, current Quasar (Wendell) is much less powerful (or, at least, less effective) than he used to be.

Don Corleone
Team 1 or 5

If I had to bet, I would go with team 1.

Black bolt z
Possibly team 4 if it in an arena.

dmills
I think even that is arguable, what with 3 former members of the Infinity Watch making up one team. Yeah, they were a pretty shitty team as far as team dynamics go, but they still have a good bit of experience working together, and assuming no dumb drax they would probably be quite good. But you have to remember that both Ronin and Klrt are willing to die in battle for/with Nova. That's a strong bond.

guy222
t 1

BattleMage
I'll go with team 5 then 4.

rotiart
It's been a lot of years since I've looked at that run, so I'll take your word for it. I recall thinking she was on pre-insanity Genis level, which wasn't actually that high either.

She had very LITTLE raw power as Quasar, from what I saw, despite what the Quantum Bands SHOULD have granted her.

Then again, current Quasar (Wendell) is much less powerful (or, at least, less effective) than he used to be.

In that issue the source of energy for the bands was being cut off.. You actually saw the bands grew darker as they lost power. She had to conserve her power whereas Wendell has never been placed in a situation that separated him from his source and forced him to rely on the stored chatges in the bands (similar to most green lantern problem)

Desaad
Nah, I'm talking about her time on the Guardians. She was useless, even after the whole Phalanx/Ultron thing was over (and don't get me started on how that was even able to cut off the bands' contact with the universe...previously he had to leave the known multiverse to do lose contact with the Quantum Zone).

dmills
Nah, I'm talking about her time on the Guardians. She was useless, even after the whole Phalanx/Ultron thing was over (and don't get me started on how that was even able to cut off the bands' contact with the universe...previously he had to leave the known multiverse to do lose contact with the Quantum Zone). Yeah. That was one of the few goofs by DnA.

kgkg
The Heralds.

Bentley
His record is actually pretty middling. The Thing absolutely had him dead to rights, pushed him to his limits, and stuff like missiles or nearly did the same (trying to push one off course took everything he had, and would have killed him if he didn't get far enough away), and of course Ronan was more powerful than he.

He generally accomplished his goal, got his job done, but he wasn't great in 1v1 fighting.

That's because Thing is awesome.

Nah, I'm talking about her time on the Guardians. She was useless, even after the whole Phalanx/Ultron thing was over (and don't get me started on how that was even able to cut off the bands' contact with the universe...previously he had to leave the known multiverse to do lose contact with the Quantum Zone).

Phyla had quite a short tenure as Quasar in the Guardians actually, she redirected two explosions, protected her team from solar fire and fought some Cardinals -using mostly her sword- and then she lost the bands. By the time the Guardians faced more opposition she was away or as Martyr doing mostly nothing.

Kasper Gutman
I'd hate to have front row tickets in that arena when Black Bolt's team comes up. Bye bye arena.

Bouboumaster
Unless it's Insane Genis, I'll roll with the heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.