Ms. Marvel, GL Hal vs Power Girl, Quasar (Wendall)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Which team takes this?

Warlord
t2.

Carol should be at binary levels for this fight to be fair

Q99
T2 quite solidly. PG takes Carol, then Hal's outnumbered.

Stoic
Maybe Hal can amp her, but as for this fight she starts out in current form. I don't see Power Girl as being her superior, I think she's left her class 50 days far behind her (Ms. Marvel), with stunts like overpowering Mr. Fixit, I'm pretty sure that places her in the low to mid class 100 range. How? Mr. Fixit went toe to toe with Crusher Creel, who happens to be a class 100, and won... so yea.

I think this is a good fight, just remember that she slammed Sentry. Yea yea she was amped, but like I said, Hal could amp her (maybe).

Q99
PG's still stronger and faster and wins. Ms. Marvel has moved up to high meta in recent times, PG is mid herald.

Stoic
If Superman is high Herald, and Power Girl runs at about half Superman, how does that make her median mid Herald? Please correct me if I got it wrong, because I thought Power Girl was either high Meta to low Herald.

Also I would place Ms. Marvel at low Herald level, that is if you consider what rank Warlock is in. If speed was the only thing to separate them by so huge a margin, what's the Hulks excuse for breaking Gladiator's face? Don't say PIS, because he's ripped guys more powerful than Gladiator.

Q99
Originally posted by Stoic
If Superman is high Herald, and Power Girl runs at about half Superman, how does that make her median mid Herald? Please correct me if I got it wrong, because I thought Power Girl was either high Meta to low Herald.

I think she's more than half, she's an adult kryptonian.

Supergirl's listed at mid herald (which strike me as a bit high, I'd put her at low), and Power Girl's stronger than her. PG's fight with WW recently was pretty good too, what with hitting Diana all the way to Canada, taking a charge blow back from Canada, yadda yadda.

If she's low herald, she's towards the bottom of it. There's still a strength difference aside from the speed. Freeze breath might be helpful too.

Which Warlock are you referring to?

Warlord
If Hal amps her in Binary levels he'll certainly deplete his own energy levels. so the overall power of the team would be the same only split in two.

IMO Binary can beat PG but in this fight, having her starting as Carol team 1 goes down

Bentley
Carol is a glaring weak link.

Stoic
Originally posted by Q99
Which Warlock are you referring to?

Post Infinity Gauntlet Warlock. The new or current Warlock is a beast, I know this.

I went to see Power Girl's respect thread a few minutes ago. You know what's missing in respect threads? The low showings, so that we can get a true gauge of the character, because looking at the high end feats alone, make most power characters in the low Herald to high Herald weight class look like Odin. Not cool man sad .

Mshinu
Hmm this might be more of a good fight than it first appears. Carol is the weakest sure but not a non-factor either, and Hal is the strongest in the field.

Team 2 still wins tho.

Bentley
Post Infinity Gauntlet Warlock. The new or current Warlock is a beast, I know this.

I went to see Power Girl's respect thread a few minutes ago. You know what's missing in respect threads? The low showings, so that we can get a true gauge of the character, because looking at the high end feats alone, make most power characters in the low Herald to high Herald weight class look like Odin. Not cool man sad .

Ideally low showings help you to debate a character, but between contradictions from one showing to another and such showings being used by mean spirited haters half of the time -who don't read on the character, who likely don't care about him/her and who don't really want to debate-, I think it's better to leave them out from the forums.

Also, if you like what you read about a character you can get interested on it, actually read some issues and get your own ideas; which is more easily done showing the attractive side of the characters. That's something I intended in my respect threads, not just showing that the characters are powerful but also that they are fun to read.

Q99

You could probably find some low ones in her magic-powered years, but ever since being restored to full kryptonian status? There's the odd 'herald leveler jobs when on a team, but to a suitable foe' moment (like against Black Adam) that most JLA/JSA/etc. members get, but not that much in the low showings.

Really, she's an adult kryptonian that's been consistantly portrayed as such pretty well.

The Nuul
Wait, how is Hal going to amp her? What energy manip powers does he have to do that with? SS could amp her but Hal shooting green stuff at her isnt going to do anything. Also he would have to be very quick doing so which they dont have the time.

As for PG, shes one of the top ones/big names from her race and shes not just some normal Kryptonian.

Stoic
Originally posted by The Nuul
Wait, how is Hal going to amp her? What energy manip powers does he have to do that with? SS could amp her but Hal shooting green stuff at her isnt going to do anything. Also he would have to be very quick doing so which they dont have the time.

As for PG, shes one of the top ones/big names from her race and shes not just some normal Kryptonian.

Oh my bad, I didn't know that Krypto Superior Kryptonians existed, like Homo Superior (mutants). Has Hal ever diagnosed energy sources or absorbed energy? I know Quasar does, and he can leach energy as well. So if he can do that why can't he empower an energy being?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.