Goku vs Yusuke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Which version of Goku would be better matched against a end of series Yusuke Urameshi?

Ridley_Prime
Probably regular SSJ Goku.

Esomark
As far as power goes, it seems YYH only reaches up to the Saiyan saga levels. I'd say Kaioken Goku would be a more equal match.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Probably regular SSJ Goku. ........ No.

Master Roshi has shown to be stronger than end of series Yusuke.

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Master Roshi has shown to be stronger than end of series Yusuke. in what way, energy projection?

NemeBro
That, and speed. He's faster than Mercenary Tao, who effortlessly was able to outstrip a pillar he threw at mach 14. Only thing he may not be superior in is raw physical strength.

Robtard
Goku from DBZ Ep1 could kick this cat's ass.

NemeBro
Indeed.

marwash22
That, and speed. He's faster than Mercenary Tao, who effortlessly was able to outstrip a pillar he threw at mach 14. Only thing he may not be superior in is raw physical strength. Hmmm, Yusuke moved so fast it looked like he teleported; but I'm not all that fresh on early DBZ or DB so I'll take your word for know.

NemeBro
Originally posted by marwash22
Hmmm, Yusuke moved so fast it looked like he teleported; but I'm not all that fresh on early DBZ or DB so I'll take your word for know. That's pretty basic speed in animu though.

Don't get me wrong, YYH is powerful, about the same strength as One Piece or even stronger overall IMO, just not on DBZ level.

marwash22
maybe, Goku circa end of Dragon Ball.

Esomark
Was it stated Tao was that fast or was it just estimation?

SpadeKing
I don't know how it went in the comics if it was any different but a S-class demon was stated to be strong enough to take out the earth so Yusuke should beat Goku from Ep1 of DBZ

jinzin
I'm pretty sure it was stated they could wipe out cities... not the earth.

But yeah that's likely a fair assessment.

SpadeKing
I know that there has been statements that a S class can destroy the Earth in the Manga, I don't know what tv episode it may have been that Sensui claims it, but he did say in both anime and manga that his full power would be too much for the planet to handle.

But anyway I don't really see Yusuke losing to an ep 1 Goku at all

carver9
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I know that there has been statements that a S class can destroy the Earth in the Manga, I don't know what tv episode it may have been that Sensui claims it, but he did say in both anime and manga that his full power would be too much for the planet to handle.

But anyway I don't really see Yusuke losing to an ep 1 Goku at all

Me either. People are underestimating yusuke. He would stomp that version of goku. The goku that I would give the best chances at beating yusuke is saiyan saga goku... the one that fought vegeta. Anything before that get that a** whipped.

Q99
Originally posted by jinzin
I'm pretty sure it was stated they could wipe out cities... not the earth.

But yeah that's likely a fair assessment.

Iirc, B rank was cities.

jinzin
ok my bad.

Been a while since I've thumbed through the series...

is it still going in the manga?

Q99
The manga ended quite awhile ago in Japan and recently in the US.

Yusuke got up to S-class, and there were also a trio of SS characters introduced. However we didn't get to see them fight much due to the series wrapping up quickly for outside reasons.

Esomark
Yeah, I thought it was disappointing how the S and SS class demons didn't get fleshed out much in the manga. They were just sort of there and didn't do much else. What sort of outside reasons happened?

KingD19
Raizen at full power likely could destroy the planet.

Mukoro as well seeing as how she could literally slice through reality and what comprised what we comprehend as the 3rd dimension.

King Kandy
Originally posted by KingD19
Raizen at full power likely could destroy the planet.

Mukoro as well seeing as how she could literally slice through reality and what comprised what we comprehend as the 3rd dimension.
Was that ever shown in the manga?

KingD19
Yeah, in the manga it was stated that S Class demons utilizing their full power could destroy the world. Koenma said it I believe.

In the anime, he kinda faded out, then they showed a city, and a explosion filled the screen.

carver9
People here do not understand that anime do not have narriator like marvel or dc... the character themselves are the narriator and the writer wrote the comment about these characters being planet busters for a reason... because they can do it.

NemeBro
Hyperbole is fun.

carver9
Hyperbole is fun.

Naah, its not hyerbole when people can actually feel what he/she are capable of. Like I said before, the characters are the narriator and there was no reason for the narriator to put that in the manga if it wasn't true.

NemeBro
Except for hyperbole, right?

carver9
Except for hyperbole, right?

LOL... help me out Nemebro... why do you think it is hyperbole?

You can not say that something is hyperbole on characters that can feel another characters power level... that is ridiculous. Comic rules doesnt apply to anime/manga rules, two different worlds.

KingD19
Koenma wasn't using hyperbole...S class demons were so powerful they couldn't get through the kekkai barrier. Just being on Earth would cause catastrophic damage.

dmills
Just recently finished the anime. Damn that series wrapped up in a hurry. Almost as if they ran out of budget and were forced to end it in a hyper condensed manner.

As for the thread. Goku up until the Namek saga sounds about right. Yusuke was said to have a power level of around 200,000 as his base level of strength before powering up. Don't know how (if at all) that translates in DBZ terms though. Should be a good fight though.

SSJGGogeta
lol Carver, show scans of the statement for so called planet busting S demons, in addition to someone planet busting from YYH. Until you can, the fact still stands that Master Roshi is demonstrably stronger and faster.

chasedown
Well those demon patrol guys had classified sensui and ranked his potential threat level damage wise to the human world but i forgot what they said he was at the time.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by chasedown
Well those demon patrol guys had classified sensui and ranked his potential threat level damage wise to the human world but i forgot what they said he was at the time.

Threat to humans=/=Planet buster. Are you saying that Naraku was a planet buster? There are a shit ton of human threats in anime/manga, but very few series with legit planet busters.

chasedown
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Threat to humans=/=Planet buster. Are you saying that Naraku was a planet buster? There are a shit ton of human threats in anime/manga, but very few series with legit planet busters.

What are you talking about i said they ranked his threat and i didnt know what it was. I made no claims in that quote that suggested anything else

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by chasedown
What are you talking about i said they ranked his threat and i didnt know what it was. I made no claims in that quote that suggested anything else

What? Yes you did. You specifically said that a S class demon was a threat to the human world, in reply to me saying they are nowhere near planet busting level. The context insinuates that's exactly what you meant. I only explained because either A. English clearly isn't your first language, or B. You're mentally challenged.

chasedown
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
What? Yes you did. You specifically said that a S class demon was a threat to the human world, in reply to me saying they are nowhere near planet busting level. The context insinuates that's exactly what you meant. I only explained because either A. English clearly isn't your first language, or B. You're mentally challenged.

I was just stated those those guys ranked his threat level nothing more nothing less. It was just a simple statement i added

StealthRanger
Part 1 DB Goku dies

Part 2 DB Goku solos YYH

dmills
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Part 1 DB Goku dies

Part 2 DB Goku solos YYH

Kurama implants a sinning tree. Goku dies.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by dmills
Kurama implants a sinning tree. Goku dies.

Do you even know who Goku is? What feats suggest that Kurama can even touch Goku with anything he can use?

BTW, this is Goku vs. Yusuke. thumb up

dmills
Apologies to the mods for Bumping this. I watched YYH and thought this would be interesting, but I quickly have been reminded of why debating dbz is such a pain in the arse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.