Banshee and Dazzler vs Invisible Woman and Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
CIS on.

SasuOna
With CIS on Sue wouldn't instantly put forcefields around their brains and make them go pop. So I would give this to Banshee and Dazzler.

zopzop
The Dazzler vs Invisible Woman thing actually happened. I don't remember if it was a What If though. It could have been What If : Prof X. had become the Juggernaut.

It went down like this (paraphrasing of course) :

Invisible Woman : Nothing can penetrate my invisible force fields lady.

Dazzler : That's the funny thing about "invisible" force fields Mrs. Richards, light, even solid light like mine, gets right through them.

(Dazzler owns Sue)

Reed : Your powers may have made you an ideal opponent against my wife, but let's see how you fair against me.

Seeing as how Dazzler's attacks are as fast as the freaking speed of light, Sue's getting owned. Dazzler can just unleash an omni-directional blast and that's that.

Banshee vs Gambit is fun. Banshee flies AND has longer range attacks. I call it for Banshee.

Hence Team 1 in a stomp.

Konton
If it's from a What If? then it isn't canon.

Not sure I buy Dazzler penetrating them with hard light rays when Sue's invisibility bends all wavelengths of light around her naturally. A Dazzler laser should bend around her as well, if we go by that logic.

I tried to make dynamic teams here.

Banshee can amp Dazzler and Sue can create physical links between Gambit and the others to pass along kinetic energy.

SasuOna
when has Gambit ever passed along kinetic energy through something like a forcefield?
I still think Dazzler's powers should be able to surpass Sue's barriers since the beam of light can technically phase through anything IIRC

Sue bending wavelengths of light around her is not enough to say she can bend a lightspeed attack consciously around her imo.

Konton
Well, seeing as light beams naturally travel at the speed of light and that Sue casually bends light moving at light speed around her body, I'm not sure why she wouldn't be able to bend more light. Dazzler has to concentrate and aim with her hands to fire lasers anyway. Sue will see it coming.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Konton
Well, seeing as light beams naturally travel at the speed of light and that Sue casually bends light moving at light speed around her body, I'm not sure why she wouldn't be able to bend more light. Dazzler has to concentrate and aim with her hands to fire lasers anyway. Sue will see it coming.

Sue's powers work by bending the light already present around her. Shes not reacting to light when shes using her powers, Dazzler firing a laser at her should be too much for her anyway.

Konton
Light is constantly flying at her at light speeds from all over. If she turns invisible, all light, no matter where it comes from, will bend around her.

She doesn't have to consciously will every individual stream of light around her body. That wouldn't be possible.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by zopzop
The Dazzler vs Invisible Woman thing actually happened. I don't remember if it was a What If though. It could have been What If : Prof X. had become the Juggernaut.

It went down like this (paraphrasing of course) :

Invisible Woman : Nothing can penetrate my invisible force fields lady.

Dazzler : That's the funny thing about "invisible" force fields Mrs. Richards, light, even solid light like mine, gets right through them.

(Dazzler owns Sue)

Reed : Your powers may have made you an ideal opponent against my wife, but let's see how you fair against me.

Seeing as how Dazzler's attacks are as fast as the freaking speed of light, Sue's getting owned. Dazzler can just unleash an omni-directional blast and that's that.

Banshee vs Gambit is fun. Banshee flies AND has longer range attacks. I call it for Banshee.

Hence Team 1 in a stomp.

If Dazzler's attacks travel at light speed then there a bunch of characters with light speed reaction feats then.

Originally posted by SasuOna
Sue's powers work by bending the light already present around her. Shes not reacting to light when shes using her powers, Dazzler firing a laser at her should be too much for her anyway. Sue only needs to outreact dazzler, who has no superspeed. Once the force-field is up arround her and gambit, dazzler's powers shouldn't go through. She can of course, resort to pound on the field until it gives, but it'll take longer than she'll have, although she does have banshee here...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 753
Sue only needs to outreact dazzler, who has no superspeed. Once the force-field is up arround her and gambit, dazzler's powers shouldn't go through. She can of course, resort to pound on the field until it gives, but it'll take longer than she'll have, although she does have banshee here...

Oh really? shifty

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6710/dazzler001pg16.jpg

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Oh really? shifty

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6710/dazzler001pg16.jpg What is this demonstrating?

jalek moye
besides dodging Klaw. click the image and read the captions

Originally posted by jalek moye
besides dodging Klaw. click the image and read the captions I cant see it amplified enough to read it. Is it superspeed you're trying show? Is it actually above what any peak human could pull?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 753
What is this demonstrating?

Dazzler's words verbatim: Klaw's thinking at the speed of sound, need to react at the speed of light

jalek moye
She says Klaw is thinking (and i guess firing) at the Speed of sounds, So i need to react at the speed of light. She then preceeds to dodge, block, or counter every single attack he does.

oh come on

jalek moye
hey its there stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 753
oh come on

What?! She technically does what she says she needed to do in the scan...

Konton
Pretty sure she was just trying to be clever.

Stoic
Banshee would amp Dazzler to pretty high power levels ftw. This is of course if Sue doesn't just clamp his mouth shut. Is this Banshee or Siryn? Either way, I guess this is how it would go down.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Konton
Pretty sure she was just trying to be clever.

She wanted to have a clever inner monologue?

SasuOna
Even if you want to take it as hypebole to say she does have Lightspeed reactions as that would potentially mean Klaw has lightspeed reactions since he was still fighting her.

I pretty much would consider Dazzler somewhere between hypersonic-relativistic.
We know for a fact that her attacks are lightspeed though. Thats too much for Sue right there. Even if she could get a forcefield up in time it would just phase through it.

Wei Phoenix
Even if you want to take it as hypebole to say she does have Lightspeed reactions as that would potentially mean Klaw has lightspeed reactions since he was still fighting her.

We know for a fact that her attacks are lightspeed though. Thats too much for Sue right there. Even if she could get a forcefield up in time it would just phase through it.

How do we know for a fact that they are light speed? Can you prove that they are? Does that mean anyone who has dodged her attacks has light speed reflexes?

We know for a fact that her attacks are lightspeed though. Thats too much for Sue right there. Even if she could get a forcefield up in time it would just phase through it. No they won't and even if they did as long as IW herself was invisble the attacks would phase through her body as well and she'd be immunes to hem.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
She wanted to have a clever inner monologue? I think she was just a stupid monologue in a poorly writen story.

jalek moye
Originally posted by 753
I think she was just a stupid monologue in a poorly writen story.

hey shut up, that story was awesome!

just that part was silly

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
What is this demonstrating? That Klaw makes cool constructs and is appereantly a fan of Godzilla movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.