movie better than book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colossulrage
what part of the trilogy do you think improved on what was in tbhe book if any.

-Pr-
Less singing.

colossulrage
ya less singing..no 7pg description of what a city looks like

Dr Mystery
I was about to say nothing from the film is an improvment on the books, but you reminded me of the singing. The over-description doesn't bother me, given what Tolkien went through in life I wont begrudge him describing some magical land and it's quite possible that, without the descriptiveness, the films might not look as good.

jacksionreo
I expect more but the movie disappoint me a little bit. i don't think the movie is better from the book.

The Rover

colossulrage
i dont hate it i actually like it. but after reading each book 3 or 4 times i find myself skipping it now for some reason

darthmaul1
The stuff with Tom bombadile wasn't even put the in the movie for a reason!
i like the fact that the versions are a little different this way you can get a different experience reading and watching.
but most definetly i skip the singing in the books.

The Rover
That's almost like watching Star Wars and skipping the scenes without lightsaber duels. stick out tongue

colossulrage
well you can do that in episodes 1,2,3 cause the acting sucked balls light saber was the only thing good about those movies

RE: Blaxican
The book had a lot of parts where my eyes kind of just glazed over. Tolkien's a good writer, but, imo he's too much of a world builder. The books are good but I do prefer the movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.