what happend to Bail Organa and his wife ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
They took care of Leia in EP 3 did the sith kill them ?

Sith Master X
My interpretation was that they were killed, along with everyone else on Alderaan in ANH. The death star blew that planet into oblivion.

Hybris
SMX +1

JediRobin23
Leia didn't seem that upset when Alderaan was blown to pieces. So maybe not

Sith Master X
Yep, it's a possibility not, but I'm not sure that it was ever covered where they were. Like I said, I just assumed they were always on Alderaan. Could be wrong.

JediRobin23
Or maybe shes just a cold hearted bi%ch

queeq
She seemed somwhat troubled but we didn't get to see her sobbing in her cell...

mossman
Even though the film doesn't spell it out explicitly that Bail and Breha Organa are on Alderaan the precise moment it is destroyed, I'd say it is pretty clear they are.

"... I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan..."

"... When we heard about Alderaan, we feared the worst.

In fact, in the published version of the shooting script, Willard's line actually read: "When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost along with your father."

I mean, it's part of Leia's entire motivation, just like Luke losing his foster parents and declaring "there's nothing for me here now".
Leia's original mission was to see the plans delivered to her father - I'd say that is a huge part of the plot, that everything now falls into the younger generation's hands, their guardians no longer around to help them (or hold them back).
Leia's got to do this thing herself now, her adopted parents are dead.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sith Master X
My interpretation was that they were killed, along with everyone else on Alderaan in ANH. The death star blew that planet into oblivion. Yeppers.

queeq
Originally posted by mossman
Even though the film doesn't spell it out explicitly that Bail and Breha Organa are on Alderaan the precise moment it is destroyed, I'd say it is pretty clear they are.

"... I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan..."

"... When we heard about Alderaan, we feared the worst.

In fact, in the published version of the shooting script, Willard's line actually read: "When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost along with your father."

I mean, it's part of Leia's entire motivation, just like Luke losing his foster parents and declaring "there's nothing for me here now".
Leia's original mission was to see the plans delivered to her father - I'd say that is a huge part of the plot, that everything now falls into the younger generation's hands, their guardians no longer around to help them (or hold them back).
Leia's got to do this thing herself now, her adopted parents are dead.

Very solid, mossman.

InfernoJG95
perhaps her adopted mother died some time before ANH as her mother isnt refrenced in ANH

queeq
Again: Luke asks her about her REAL mother.

InfernoJG95
My real mother would be the person who has taken care of me all these years

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by InfernoJG95
My real mother would be the person who has taken care of me all these years

And Luke didn't have the sense to say, "No, I mean our mother". laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.