The future of American war movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
What kind of movies are we going to see?

Member.
Hopefully more blood and guts WW2 epics like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers/The Pacific mini-series.

JacopeX
Another Jarhead film...-_-

Dave_97
Warhammer 40k

Shey Tapani
I agree as technology progresses we are going to see more of that kind of movies.

Darth Truculent
I would like to see a WWI movie. That war has been far too long over looked.

SnakeEyes
I don't really feel the need to see any more WWII or Viet Nam flicks. The best ones I think have already been made and those wars have been pretty exhausted, film-wise.

WWI, I agree, is pretty neglected and I'm sure filmmakers could do some great things with it.

We've seen a lot of shit-films about this current "War on Terrorism," and with The Hurt Locker being the only good one I can think of I don't really want to see anymore; I think people should let some time pass. Things aren't even resolved and I think the films would be much better with some perspective.

perhaps1991
Eureka is an American science fiction television series that premiered on Syfy on July 18, 2006, and since then three full seasons have aired, and a fourth is currently being shown. The show is set in a fictional town called Eureka, Oregon in the Pacific Northwest inhabited almost entirely by geniuses and scientists. Nearly everyone in Eureka works for Global Dynamics, a huge advanced research facility responsible for the development of all major technological breakthroughs in the last 50 years. Each episode features a mysterious accidental or intentional misuse of technology which is then solved by the town Sheriff, Jack Carter with the help of town scientists. There is also a story arc concerning a mysterious artifact that has had an appearance in both the first and second seasons.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

I am all for it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

totally agree.they dont make anywhere near as many of those movies as they do of wwII. It was great to see them back at it not too long ago with Flyboys.I love that movie.was great on the big screen.

fanhost
You are right..It's really a superb movie..

RE: Blaxican
I think the absence of WW1 movies can be attributed to how... inglorious, the first world war was. Planes and tanks and the like didn't play as big of a role, no real mega epic D-Day esque battles (that the common person would be aware of anyway!), and a whole lot of... sitting around in a trench, shooting at people you can't even really see, and changing your socks when they get damp so you don't get trenchfoot.

Not to say that there wasn't anything epic about WW1 or that there haven't been any good WW1 movies, there have, but I could see how WW2 might have more of a draw to your average Michael Bay loving fan.

ADarksideJedi
They are pretty bloody already I can't see them making it worst then it is.

jinXed by JaNx
War movies are war movies. The only difference between them is scale, realism and authenticity.

Discos
I cant remember the last war movie I enjoyed and was generally interested in the actual history of which took part. Maybe Windtalkers or We Were Soldiers?

Wasnt a fan of Clint Eastwoods 2 movies....

I majorly agree with Darth Truculent, World War 1 has been over-looked for ages. Last one I can barely think of was that piece of shit "Deathwatch"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.