Miss used characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
These are characters that get miss treated at times. For example Black Widow is all around bad ass, but some times writers ignore this and just view her purely as a spie. They for get she one of the best h2h fighter, or that t she a peak human and in expert in firer arms. So who are characters who tend at times to be miss used and only being showed cased by a single one of there talents, while over looking there other formidable abilities. Other examples would be writers ignoring at times psylocke telepathy, elektra telepathy, shang-chi chi amping ect.

Dum Dum Dugan
Falcon another good example. It often ignored that his suit grants him enhanced strength, or his ability to speak with his bird (and I believe birds in general), also writers tend to forget that he was originally represented as the greatest arial fighter in pure skill, but thats often over looked and he simply slams into people.

Stall_19
I'd say Spider-Man when he's around the Avengers. He's really quite bright and it never shows when he's with the team. Whether it's his underutilized scientific knowledge or the fact that he is really experienced but always seems to play dumb with them.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Stall_19
I'd say Spider-Man when he's around the Avengers. He's really quite bright and it never shows when he's with the team. Whether it's his underutilized scientific knowledge or the fact that he is really experienced but always seems to play dumb with them.

I don't agree with the team part. I agree his intelligence's is over looked, by man authors at times, but I find this more solo issue. In teams he always been like that, he act goofy and stupid as sort of defense mechanism. In many ways it simply him being nervous about be on a team, people knowing his identity, nor screwing up in front of people he respects. Spiderman has a lot of self confidences issues at times which explains his goofiness and joking. He does not want people really to know how smart he is, he quite secretive in many ways, plus most of the time the teams he on have people much smarter and achieved then he. You don't especially when you have spider mans self doubt, to be expressing your intelligence's, when you know people on your team who have achieved so much more through there intellect. Also I think Civil War did a good representation of spidermans fears, and also toney stark getting spiderman to come out of his shell and show forth his intellect. However with that all reconnt not to have taken place in such away, his confidence in his intelectual abilities when with such peer's as toney stark, mr fanatastic is back to what it was prior to civil war. If this had not occurred you likely see a far more intellectual oriented team member especially with toney on his team. So though I agree with writer forgetting to have spiderman utilize his intelect, I disagree with it being a team issue, becuase I actually think thats when it more warrented that he doesent uses it.

Warlord
powerhouses in teams...
unless it is a powerhouse team

Bouboumaster
Wolverine in a team

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine in a team

have to agree with that. But in that case, it's the team being misused.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
have to agree with that. But in that case, it's the team being misused.
based on what?

why do I have the feeling this, is another wagon driver.........

King Castle
superman
wolverine

these guys are measuring sticks used to make others look good..

" if we have them fight these guys then by transient logic it means they are around that characters abilities."

they are used so often that they are downgraded constantly any character that can keep up with these guys shouldnt be losing a week later to the likes of Cap/DD - Aquaman/hawkman etc etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.