Asuma vs Yamato

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Here's a Naruto versus between two sub-Kakashi but very impressive top ninja of Konoha.

Who wins, Asuma the air/fire stylists with the trench knives that can slice through stone, or Yamato/Tenzo, the ANBU of the wood?

marwash22
Yamato.

TheAuraAngel
Based on stats from the Databook, Asuma would win...but stats aren't that good a means to decide things like this. Umm....Asuma has done more impressive things that I can recall, but Yamato has done interesting things as well.

I'm not sure.

Q99
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Based on stats from the Databook, Asuma would win...but stats aren't that good a means to decide things like this. Umm....Asuma has done more impressive things that I can recall, but Yamato has done interesting things as well.

I'm not sure.

Statwise, Asuma has better taijutsu, strength, and speed, which fits with what we've seen, and no disadvantages, but to counter that Yamato has his Kekkei Genkai which is an advantage over normal ninjutsu.

Wood strikes me as more flexible, but the air trench knives seem sharp enough to cut through even them pretty easy.

marwash22
trench knives wont help him when his arms are bound to his sides by Yama's wood release.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
Statwise, Asuma has better taijutsu, strength, and speed, which fits with what we've seen, and no disadvantages, but to counter that Yamato has his Kekkei Genkai which is an advantage over normal ninjutsu.

Wood strikes me as more flexible, but the air trench knives seem sharp enough to cut through even them pretty easy.

The speed difference isn't so severe though and it boils down to a ninjutsu user to more of taijutsu fighter.

I'd go as far to say that none of his wood techniques would help him. I just took a look at all of the ones from the manga and none of them seemed like something dangerous for Asuma.

Though I think I may tip my hat to Yamato anyway. His earth techniques seem large scale enough and he can hide on the walls. And I believe his water techniques might assist a lot with his offensive games, where he can use wood for clones and such.

Would be a close fight though. And it could go either way depending on where they're fighting.

Q99
Originally posted by marwash22
trench knives wont help him when his arms are bound to his sides by Yama's wood release.

If Yamato can successfully pin him like that. He can cut up the wood while it's trying to grab or leap out.

Usually when Yamato snags someone like that it's when they're held by someone else (like Sai holding Kabuto).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.