Comics nobody else reads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
The goal of the thread is simple: You introduce a name of a rather obscure or forgotten series you're currently reading (or you already finished) that you think most people around here don't know or haven't read.

You can recommend them if they are any good. Have fun!

Deadline
Fallen Angels?

Bentley
Originally posted by Deadline
Fallen Angels?

Good example, I flipped through some issues where the Devil Dinosaur appears but never read much more ermm

SamZED
Empowered. A a hot superchick that loses all her poweres whenever her costume gets torn.

Kinky... shifty

Bentley
That sounds like an odd feminist metaphor messed

Galan007
Otherworld.

Good story. Superb art. Few know about it.

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
Empowered. A a hot superchick that loses all her poweres whenever her costume gets torn.

Kinky... shifty

I read it. Surprisingly awesome; Makes good point on real heroism and relationships, Thugboy+Emp is one of the better couples around.

--

Gold Digger. Kitchen-sink action adventure (SF, martial arts, fantasy, all in the same setting). Long running.

King Castle
illuminator

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Illuminator.html

crap, best left forgotten.

King Kandy
marvel miniseries "Spellbound". Wouldn't really recommend it.

Martian_mind
100 Bullets.

Best series I've ever read, yet I never see it mentioned on the forum. There was one guy who had Lono as his DP though, props to him.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Martian_mind
100 Bullets.

Best series I've ever read, yet I never see it mentioned on the forum. There was one guy who had Lono as his DP though, props to him.

Reading that now, currently on vol. 4.

As of now though, I don't like it as much as some other series' I've read, like Y: The Last Man or Preacher; but I'll have to actually FINISH the series to judge accurately. Quality stuff so far.

Martian_mind
It starts kicking ass at volume 6, which also makes the previous volumes make more sense. Absolutely bitching series as a whole.

King Castle
i dont think many ppl read many UK comic series...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15317/308653-20490-123032-1-mys-tech-wars_super.jpg

or

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/106956-18465-108381-2-death-s-head-ii_large.jpg

i think they were good worth reading..

Juk3n
more people need to read The Walking Dead, by far one of the best series of the last decade.

Bentley
100 bullets it's quite good but I never finished because I couldn't find the books sad

Q99
Originally posted by King Castle

Death's head is pretty cool, especially the first one, yes?

---

Ninja High School, especially the recent arcs like Shidoshi that have had some nice contained stories.

Kazenji

I have

i've got Killpower: The Early Years #1 and i think a Death Head's one around somewhere

original spawn
Pokemon Adventures.

Deadline

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15317/308653-20490-123032-1-mys-tech-wars_super.jpg

or

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/106956-18465-108381-2-death-s-head-ii_large.jpg

I did. I used to read Deaths Head and Super Soldiers. Had issue 1 of Wild Thing and some wizard guy. Might be others can't remember.

Juntai
Solo.

BlackZero30x
Project Superpowers.......

its not so much something that i think people haven't read.....it was just pretty good imo lol

.......OH and Battle Pope!

Galan007
Battle Pope is blasphemously good.

Bentley
Never heard of that before, sounds worthy of being picked. Anybody read Pax Romana?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Battle Pope is blasphemously good.

thumb up

I rarely hear people talk about Shi or Kabuki on the boards...

Endless Mike
Supergod

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-
thumb up

I rarely hear people talk about Shi or Kabuki on the boards...

Kabuki I liked, especially in the ones that covered the other Noh characters like Scarab.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Kabuki I liked, especially in the ones that covered the other Noh characters like Scarab.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Juk3n
more people need to read The Walking Dead, by far one of the best series of the last decade.

Absolutely agreed.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Absolutely agreed. I agree as well.

Stoic
Faust was a great read.

Sr J-Bieb
This thread's premise sounds like hipster talk.

"It's so awesome, but you wouldn't know about it."

Also, Thor.

Q99
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
This thread's premise sounds like hipster talk.

"It's so awesome, but you wouldn't know about it."

Hey, I was into it before it was cool!

Lesse... Metadocs? It's basically "What if Bruce Wayne*, instead of becoming Batman, became a doctor and founded a hospital... for Superheroes, and bent all his brains to that instead of fighting crime directly."

Bentley
For all the hipster talk, I would think a Comic Book forum would be a nice place to share the cool finds and books you'd like to share.

I guess I was wrong ahah

On topic: I'm currently reading a canadian cb called Atomika, so far is good for a mini.

Dum Dum Dugan
Thunder Cats, Street Fighter, Ninja Turtles, Mortal Combat.

GalacticStorm
WE3 smile

King Castle
sovereign seven

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SEYTEZEDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

it was alright it started off slow, i only got to the 3rd issue but it looked promising..

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Thunder Cats, Street Fighter, Ninja Turtles, Mortal Combat.

I read the Street Fighter stuff. Not bad.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Juk3n

I agree. I know theres a thread somewhere but it was pretty buried last time I checked.

Dum Dum Dugan
I read the Street Fighter stuff. Not bad.
Yea it pretty good. I find it to be a little short at times, but yea there very enjoyable. I just wish they focus a little bit more on my favorite characters.

roughrider
I bought my first collection of LUCIFER last week. Mike Carey is a terrific writer; think I will be collecting the rest of the series.

Q99
Most of Adam Warren's stuff. It's weird that he isn't a bigger name.

vansonbee
Empowered is interesting.

SamZED
Originally posted by vansonbee
Empowered is interesting.
yes

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7176/empowered2bylostonezero.th.jpg

Q99
The relationships is surprisingly well done, and the last volume, with the Superdead and all? Awesome.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
yes

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7176/empowered2bylostonezero.th.jpg
What power class is she in (sans any clothing damage)?

King Castle
http://image2.onlineauction.com/auctions//25587/qrsc-980624-1.jpg

mad dog marvel comic...

probably one of the worse ideas since Fat Joe quesadilla

psycho gundam
Shi i have issue # 1

Stoic
I'm not to sure if many people read Conan the Cimmerian by Dark Horse, but I find myself unable to wait for the next issue to come out. They're on issue 24 right now, and I'm telling you that every issue gets better than the last. It makes me want to buy 10 issues and wait before reading them, because 1 just doesn't seem like it's enough. Shyt 24 leaves off on another cliff hanger, and now the drudgery of waiting for an entire month for 25 begins. This is a highly addictive series, and I recommend it for anyone that would like to escape from the monotony of the capes and tights.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i have issue # 1

read more.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What power class is she in (sans any clothing damage)?

Depending on various factors, mid street to low meta.

Emp has low superhuman strength (I don't know her max, but she can carry a car or a 3/4ths ton alien liver without fatigue), which is also useful for super-leaping and all that, and super-toughness- being hit hard 'uses up' some of her suit and causes clothing damage even if it's not a ripping attack per say, but she's, say, been shot a dozen times and been fine, and even been hit by a giant invulnerable skull used as a mace by a giant enemy a few times (and I mean, pounding her when she's in one spot, into a crater) and survived. The suit's surprisingly good at protecting her and it doesn't decrease as much as other powers, but of course it comes along with the loss of other powers.

Emp can fire plasma/concussive bolts of variable power. Normally when firing at humans it's enough to one-shot them and has also taken out some robot foes. Somewhat lowish accuracy (since she has to point her whole hand), but she's getting better at that. Finally, she can stick to surfaces spider-man like, a power she unlocked/figured out in a later volume.

Then there's 'sparkly mode.' She's unlocked it only once and not on purpose, but it gives her hovering and ups her plasma to 'charred skeleton' range even with a damaged suit. Sparkly mode puts her above low meta but she doesn't even really know about it.

Overall, her abilities are very confidence-based. On a bad day her bolts are low-powered and her suit takes even more damage than normal, at full steam, rare though it is, she's rather badass.

Kazenji
Scalped.

-Pr-
The Star Trek stuff, and the Angel stuff too, i don't see many people talk about.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Martian_mind
100 Bullets.

Best series I've ever read, yet I never see it mentioned on the forum. There was one guy who had Lono as his DP though, props to him. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.