Jack Dawson (Titanic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ija5iAIpC0M/TDS7N-LQgeI/AAAAAAAAAi8/i6QpeCOuCts/s320/jacktitanic.jpeg
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson.

Let's see...my girlfriend thinks Leonardo DiCaprio is hot. I think that James Cameron is by far one of the best directors ever. So it's obvious that we can compromise on Titanic.

And since she knows I hang around the respect threads, I am simply honoring her request to do a respect thread on her facorite character.

Not much is known about Jack Dawson. He was born in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin sometime around 1892 (making him 20 by the time of Titanic). Orphaned at a young age, he becomes a drifter, travelling the world. He is also a talented artist, as seen in the movie.

After his European Tour, he heads back to America on Titanic with tickets which he won at a poker game. There, he meets socialite Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) and things take off from there.

Too bad that Jack does not live at the end. My girl cries everytime she sees him die from hypothermia. I just like watching the ship sink, as Cameron's version proved to be the most accurate of the movies based on Titanic.

Trivia:

- Leo DiCaprio can't draw in real life. It was Cameron himself who drew Winslet in her birthday suit. Also, Cameron is left-handed, so the scene was reversed to make it look like it was done with his right hand.

- James Cameron has two cameos in the movie:
1. Guy with the gray beard seen when Lovejoy comes down the stairs during the third-class party.
2. Standing behind Fabrizio on the deck waiting for a lifeboat when Murdoch starts shooting.
3. Recognize the guy who plays 1st Officer Lowe? That's Ioan Gruffund, pre-Mr. Fantastic.
4. The Irish mother seen in the beginning ushering her two kids and at the end of the movie is Jeanette Goldstein (Vasquez in Aliens, and John Connor's foster mother in T2).

- Titanic remained the top film of all time until Avatar (also a Cameron film) came out. Ironically, it lost Best Picture to Cameron's ex-wife (Kathryn Bigelow) who directed The Hurt Locker.

NemeBro
Should have told the fat ***** to scoot over.

CatherineQiu
Forever Classic

Rogue Jedi
gay.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
gay.

this

Rogue Jedi
Well, the movie was gay, but Jack had balls of solid rock.

Robtard
Only because they froze in the icy waters of the Atlantic.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Only because they froze in the icy waters of the Atlantic. I laffed.

Seriously, would have cut that cow open and hid inside her for warmth.

steverules_2
I could see it now...Jack cutting her open and then saying 'And I thought they smelt bad...on the outside.'

Impediment
Fat girls need love, too, man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.