The Joker vs Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I thought about this for a few days. Both men are both cold-calculating, master manipulaters. Palpatine destroyed the Jedi and the Joker destroyed the Mafia and most of Gotham. Who would win this battle? The greatest criminal or the most evil emperor? Could the Joker manipulate Vader into serving him and the Empire's military too? To make it fair, Palpatine does not have access to Star Destroyers or Superweapons like the Death Star. Palpatine does not get use the Force either. Other than that, both man have access to their standard weapons.

NemeBro
One was able to terrorise a city for a few weeks until being put away by Batman.

The other was able to gain control of a galaxy and retained control for 40 years.

Gee I wonder.

The Nuul
Galaxy threat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a city threat.

roughrider
Originally posted by NemeBro
One was able to terrorise a city for a few weeks until being put away by Batman.

The other was able to gain control of a galaxy and retained control for 40 years.

Gee I wonder.

Yeah. Duh.

KingD19
Joker manipulated just about everybody with fear. Palpatine had a master plan that took decades, but eventually made him ruler of the entire galaxy for even longer. He corrupted Anakin over a number of years, and then pushed him over the edge by using his own deeds against him, and in conjunction with promises of power enough to protect those he loved.

Joker's not in Palpatine's league. That's like comparing Thing to Hancock.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Could the Joker manipulate Vader into serving him and the Empire's military too? To make it fair, Palpatine does not have access to Star Destroyers or Superweapons like the Death Star.

Palpatine does not get use the Force either. Other than that, both man have access to their standard weapons.

Doubt Joker could manipulate Anakin, he doesn't have the bait Palpatine did. To get the military, he'd have to mind-**** countless people, senators, gernerals etc.; I don't think he's that skilled.

In a personal fight, Palpatine without the Force is just an old man with a lightsabre, which he probably couldn't weild nearly as well. So any man with a machine-gun could likely just shoot him from a distance. Total gimp for Palpatine here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Doubt Joker could manipulate Anakin, he doesn't have the bait Palpatine did. To get the military, he'd have to mind-**** countless people, senators, gernerals etc.; I don't think he's that skilled.

In a personal fight, Palpatine without the Force is just an old man with a lightsabre, which he probably couldn't weild nearly as well. So any man with a machine-gun could likely just shoot him from a distance. Total gimp for Palpatine here.

Still, old man with a lightsaber>>>>Psycho with a knife.

Bloinky
Joker.....tommy guns the crap out of Palpatine or runs him over with a semi

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
Still, old man with a lightsaber>>>>Psycho with a knife.

Psycho has more than a knife, psycho has guns.

KingD19
Did Joker use guns? I haven't seen the movie in a bit.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
Did Joker use guns? I haven't seen the movie in a bit.

Yes. Shot one of the thieves helping him rob the bank, had a gun when he raided Wayne's party and shot at Batman/the batpod, probably more examples.

KingD19
You are correct sir, thank you for jogging my memory.

chomperx9
Nicholson joker also shot one of his thugs. the part where the batplane goes by and joker gets pissed and says bob gun. bob gives him the gun then shoots bob.

seriously though in real life if someone was working for some crime lord like the joker or king pin and you see they shoot their other employees why the hell would you still serve him ? the other dudes just stood there after bob got shot.

KingD19
Originally posted by chomperx9
Nicholson joker also shot one of his thugs. the part where the batplane goes by and joker gets pissed and says bob gun. bob gives him the gun then shoots bob.

seriously though in real life if someone was working for some crime lord like the joker or king pin and you see they shoot their other employees why the hell would you still serve him ? the other dudes just stood there after bob got shot.

Because....if he's getting shot and you're not, that's more pay for you, and you know how not to mess up by learning from his mistakes. Oh, and when you work for a guy like that, you don't just stop.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by chomperx9

Whereas the other side force chokes their employees

Placidity
I'm pretty sure Palpatine used the force to persuade people to see things his way over his entire Sith career before he finally secured his position.

He also relied on his force sight, so without the force I think he doesn't have much to work with besides his cunning. Backed with his political power, that may just be enough though.

Kaibs
If Palpatine doesn't get the force then he obviously dies. Since wielding a lightsaber requires skill to be one with the force as well. Kind of a dumb thread in retrospect.

Impediment
Closed for spite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.