Predator versus the Wolf Pack...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Predator (from the first movie, because the 2nd Predator was an idiot), has landed in Forks and plans to hunt the Wolf Pack from "Twilight."

The Wolf pack: Jacob, Jared, Sam, Embry, Paul, Quil and Sue.

The Pack learn of this and shift into wolf form, heading out in the woods to kill the Predator first.

The Predator has general knowledge of the Pack, their abilities, and what not. The Pack has limited knowledge of the Predator. All they know is that he an extraterrestrial being that hunts humans for sport. They don't know that he can cloak himself, but they are assuming that the Predator has uber advanced weaponry (They're not idiots, he's an ET FFS.)

Fight takes place a dusk. Who wins?

Darth Martin
Idiot or not, a strong case can be made that he was better than the first Predator.

Rogue Jedi
OK, whatever, and the matchup?

Darth Martin
Still haven't seen any of the three Twilight films.

Rogue Jedi
This might help:

DIjzjBU5G_8

7VS9GUJTQjU&feature=fvw

They're fast enough to chase down Twivamps, and strong enough to bite/tear them to pieces.

Maybe it should be both Predators......

KingD19
Wolf would destroy all of them....with ease, while smoking a cigarette and taking a dump.

Rogue Jedi
Dunno about that, haven't seen the latest one.

Placidity
I'll have to go with Wolf pack.

They are much faster than the Predator. Sure one or two might get the plasma cannon treatment, but the rest will close in on him.

Enhanced senses will also make tracking him easier. Also, the psychic link between them makes them very efficient, no need to waste time telling others the Predator's exact location etc.

Predator will get a few kills due to his initial stealth advantage, but after that he gets ripped apart.

With all that said, Wolf from AvPR could probably take them all on.

KingD19
Originally posted by Placidity

With all that said, Wolf from AvPR could probably take them all on.

My point exactly....and some of the Preds from the newest movie did well in their group.

Rogue Jedi
I'll have to go with Wolf pack.

They are much faster than the Predator. Sure one or two might get the plasma cannon treatment, but the rest will close in on him.

Enhanced senses will also make tracking him easier. Also, the psychic link between them makes them very efficient, no need to waste time telling others the Predator's exact location etc.

Predator will get a few kills due to his initial stealth advantage, but after that he gets ripped apart.

With all that said, Wolf from AvPR could probably take them all on. Well said.

I'll have the new Pred dvd soon, I'll get back to you on him.

the ninjak
Yeah but the Predator has basic knowledge of their tactics and movement capabilities.

If he sticks to the trees and goes Camo the Wolves can't touch him.
They get blasted one at a time. And blasts to anywhere on the body will down these creatures.

Predator wins this one due to Wolves not being very good tree climbers.

Rogue Jedi
Well, if the Pred stays in the trees like a little *****, then the wolves will simply wait him out. HE'S hunting them, remember?

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, if the Pred stays in the trees like a little *****, then the wolves will simply wait him out. HE'S hunting them, remember?

Lol, yeah he's hunting them, and if he stays in the trees cloaked, and the wolves wait him out...those 12 foot long white hot thermal signatures they put out are gonna get them plasma castered to death.

And if you know anything about hunting, staying in the trees is essentially what he's supposed to do. Minimum risk, no visibility for your pry, no danger to yourself, within your weapons effective range...perfect hunting situation.

Rogue Jedi
The wolves are too fast and agile for the plasma beams, man. Also, if Dillon and Mac were able to see the Predator while it was cloaked, then the pack, with their heightened senses, will see him that much easier.

Pretty sure they can knock over a tree too.

-Pr-
If they can smell him, i can see the pack tracking and killing him.

Without it, i don't see them catching him. The camo is effective most of the time (as seen by people looking directly up at the predator and not being able to see him), so i'm not sure their sight would do the job.

far as the plasma caster goes, i don't see them dodging it unless they see it coming.

h2h, the wolf packs numbers should prove enough. against any one of the wolves, i'd give predator good odds of beating it.

Also, i don't see how playing it smart makes him a *****.

Placidity
Originally posted by -Pr-
If they can smell him, i can see the pack tracking and killing him.

I think they should be able to track the predator by scent no problem since he probably smells funky.

I also think they'll probably be able to see the predator after he attacks one, by looking at where the plasma bolt came from.

Rogue Jedi
Psychic link, dudes.

-Pr-
Psychic link, dudes.

What about it?

Rogue Jedi
Enables them to work apart from one another and......have a psychic link.

-Pr-
Enables them to work apart from one another and......have a psychic link.

i asked what about it, not what it was.

Rogue Jedi
My answer suits both questions. Their psychic link allows them to communicate with each other during the battle.

-Pr-
My answer suits both questions. Their psychic link allows them to communicate with each other during the battle.

I still don't see what huge tactical advantage it gives them. It could actually be a disadvantage, as It also opens them up to feeling the pain of each of their pack as the Predator knocks them off.

Rogue Jedi
Oooooook.

Robtard
Predator would be an idiot to go to ground against more than one(maybe two) of them, considering their speed and strength.

Predator 1 showed a fondness for hiding, stalking and killing from trees. Considering that, he picks them off slowly.

If the wolf-boys transform and try to climb after him, he still has the initial advantage of height and ranged weapons.

Rogue Jedi
The Pack travels together, dude. Going after them one at a time is not an option.

Robtard
The Pack travels together, dude. Going after them one at a time is not an option.

Didn't say that, said he picks them off. Blast one from above, changes location.

Though they'd probably just bail after two of them gets killed.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't say that, said he picks them off. Blast one from above, changes location.

Though they'd probably just bail after two of them gets killed. You remember how slow the plasma beams travel? Hell, the Pred couldn't even nail Dutch, and he's human.

Twiwolves run as fast as Twivamps, there's literally no way in hell the Pred nails even one of them with his plasma cannon.

And no, the Twiwolves aren't cowards, they won't bail.

Robtard
You remember how slow the plasma beams travel? Hell, the Pred couldn't even nail Dutch, and he's human.

Twiwolves run as fast as Twivamps, there's literally no way in hell the Pred nails even one of them with his plasma cannon.

And no, the Twiwolves aren't cowards, they won't bail.

Element of surprise should allow him to tag two. Unless you propose the wolves are going to be in a constant state of running through the trees while looking up for that glow of light? No.

I've seen the fight scenes in both films, when they fight, it's nothing too spectacular speed-wise. At least from the wolves.

Then it's just a matter of time before he kills them all, considering he's not stupid enough to charge giant supernatural wolves, when he wasn't stupid enough to charge a small group of armed men and the wolves have no way of attacking him

Rogue Jedi
Element of surprise should allow him to tag two. Unless you propose the wolves are going to be in a constant state of running through the trees while looking up for that glow of light? No.

I've seen the fight scenes in both films, when they fight, it's nothing too spectacular speed-wise. At least from the wolves.

Then it's just a matter of time before he kills them all, considering he's not stupid enough to charge giant supernatural wolves, when he wasn't stupid enough to charge a small group of armed men and the wolves have no way of attacking him

Element of surprise? You do realize the Twiwolves will smell him from a mile away, right? And that their enhanced senses (vision and hearing) will prevent the Pred from sneaking up on him, right? This, along with the psychic link the Twiwolves share, and the Pred has zero chance of sneaking up on them.

The Twiwolves greatest weapon here is their speed. One of them WILL get to him. That's all it takes. They rip apart granitevamps, dude.

Robtard
Element of surprise? You do realize the Twiwolves will smell him from a mile away, right? And that their enhanced senses (vision and hearing) will prevent the Pred from sneaking up on him, right? This, along with the psychic link the Twiwolves share, and the Pred has zero chance of sneaking up on them.

The Twiwolves greatest weapon here is their speed. One of them WILL get to him. That's all it takes. They rip apart granitevamps, dude.

The cloaking, so while they'll know he's in the general area, they're likely not seeing him until he rains death upon them.

Wolves would need to get to him first to do that ripping-apart move; wolves can't climb trees, can they?

Rogue Jedi
Dillon and Mac saw the Pred even though it was cloaked. The Twiwolves have far better vision.

Plasma beam slow. Twiwolves as fast as Twivamps.

Wolves can rip apart granite, they can rip apart a tree.

There it is.

Robtard
True, cloak has still shown to be effective.

Yay, pretty slow compared to bullets. Haven't seen a single wolf fighting scene that showed them having this super-speed. Running in a straight line, sure.

Good thing there's a ****ing forest then, also, while the wolves are eating up bark, they're open to attack.

Wolves get picked off one at a time while trying to get to their target, basically back where we started. Maybe if you gave the wolves a ranged attack, like a fikken lazer-beam on top of their heads.

Rogue Jedi
True, cloak has still shown to be effective.

Yay, pretty slow compared to bullets. Haven't seen a single wolf fighting scene that showed them having this super-speed. Running in a straight line, sure.

Good thing there's a ****ing forest then, also, while the wolves are eating up bark, they're open to attack.

Wolves get picked off one at a time while trying to get to their target, basically back where we started.

The cloak aint cuttin' it here, dude. Humans saw it, the Twiwolves will see it.

Running in a straight line, moving side to side, just as fast in every direction.

Listen to me, dude. The Twiwolves are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast to be hit by the plasma beams. Stop praising the plasma beams.

The Twiwolves will be but a blur to the Pred. If he takes aim on one, another will blitz him and rip him in two.

Robtard
Despite the cloaking having had worked before. Ridiculous to assume it's going to fail from the very start, after a kill or two, sure, they'll be aware what to look for. While they somehow run through the trees; at blurring speeds and while looking up. Okay.

Got a clip to prove it? Because as I recall the fight-clips that were posted in here before, wolves aren't at blur-speeds.

Again, can the wolves climb? If they can't, they're not "blitzing" his ass in the trees.

Rogue Jedi
Despite the cloaking having had worked before. Ridiculous to assume it's going to fail from the very start, after a kill or two, sure, they'll be aware what to look for. While they somehow run through the trees; at blurring speeds and while looking up. Okay.

Got a clip to prove it? Because as I recall the fight-clips that were posted in here before, wolves aren't at blur-speeds.

Again, can the wolves climb? If they can't, they're not "blitzing" his ass in the trees.

The Twiwolves heightened senses will let them know where the Pred is at all times. Why is this so hard to understand? If the Pred fires his plasma weapon, he's ****ed. Why? It's like sending up a flare. "Here I am!!!!" A Twiwolf will see it, then via the psychic connection, tell the other Twiwolves where the Pred is. And no, the Pred cannot outrun the Twiwolves. Once they know where he is, he's done.

A clip? They chase down Twivamps dude, that's all the proof you need.

The Pred is hunting the Wolves. HE is after THEM. Yes, the pack is out to kill him, but the Pred will have to go to ground. If he tries to plasma beam them from the trees, they'll dodge, quite easily too. They'll bide their time. They'll wait for him to go to ground and then rip them apart. Unless you think the pack is stupid enough to bark like wild dogs at the base of the tree the Pred is in.

Twiwolves: Way too fast for the plasma weapon. Far stronger. Far better senses. Just better in every way.

Robtard
Considering he's aware what they can do and he's outnumbered 7 to 1, he'd have to be an imbecile to give up the advantage of ranged attack. So you making him go to ground isn't in character . He didn't charge a group of S.F. guys, he wouldn't charge a group of super-wolves with supposedly "blurring-speed" who can kill him it a bite or two.

I'm asking you to show a clip that proves otherwise, the fight clips I've seen, they move no faster than a wolf, give or take. But yes, if he was trying to catch them or run away, they'd easily run away or run him down.

Best case scenario for the wolves here is a tie. They trap his ass in a tree, cutting off escape, Predator does what a Predator does in a losing fight, fool goes nuclear and they all die. Hopefully the blast reaching Bella's house too.

ares834
Dillon and Mac saw the Pred even though it was cloaked. The Twiwolves have far better vision.
Just wondering where this was stated.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Just wondering where this was stated.

They did see the Predator while it was cloaked, about a second before it killed them, no?

Though I think Mac saw the dots 1st and the Predator was savorying the moment, could have blasted him long before.

Rogue Jedi
OK then, while he blasts away with his plasma weapon from the treetops, missing miserably every time, what's he to do then?

How fast are Twivamps? Because you know, the Pack can go toe to toe with them while fighting and running. Food for thought. You don't need a clip, just common sense. Lookie:

UeZ6_xJ3B-E

Look at how fast the Twivamps are, Victoria in particular. At the end of the vid, Emmett jumps after her and is intercepted by Paul. Victoria takes off and the wolves give chase. They are gaining on her slowly, and they are more agile/nimble than she is. That gives you an idea of how fast the pack is.

And here:

brdIPy021-4

The Twivamps in action, fighting. The pack can go toe to toe with them, dude, that means they are at least as quick as the Twivamps. If they weren't, why is Victoria always running from them? If Victoria could easily dispatch them one at a time, if she was faster/quicker than they are, why not stand her ground and fight? Because the pack is every bit as fast/agile/quick as a twivamp is.

Rogue Jedi
They did see the Predator while it was cloaked, about a second before it killed them, no?

Though I think Mac saw the dots 1st and the Predator was savorying the moment, could have blasted him long before. Mac saw it far in advance. He was hiding and watching it. Out of shape black man with normal human powers sees it, then the Twiwolves see it even easier with their enhanced senses.

Robtard
OK then, while he blasts away with his plasma weapon from the treetops, missing miserably every time, what's he to do then?

How fast are Twivamps? Because you know, the Pack can go toe to toe with them while fighting and running. Food for thought. You don't need a clip, just common sense. Lookie:

Look at how fast the Twivamps are, Victoria in particular. At the end of the vid, Emmett jumps after her and is intercepted by Paul. Victoria takes off and the wolves give chase. They are gaining on her slowly, and they are more agile/nimble than she is. That gives you an idea of how fast the pack is.

And here:

The Twivamps in action, fighting. The pack can go toe to toe with them, dude, that means they are at least as quick as the Twivamps. If they weren't, why is Victoria always running from them? If Victoria could easily dispatch them one at a time, if she was faster/quicker than they are, why not stand her ground and fight? Because the pack is every bit as fast/agile/quick as a twivamp is.

I don't think he'd miss each and every time, considering you're saying the wolves won't run away, looking up for the shot while running super fast isn't feasible and the Predator's gun has a target-marker.

Why don't you post the clips that pertain to the thread, the ones where the wolves are fighting and showing off their skills?

-Pr-
smh...

Rogue Jedi
I don't think he'd miss each and every time, considering you're saying the wolves won't run away, looking up for the shot while running super fast isn't feasible and the Predator's gun has a target-marker.

Why don't you post the clips that pertain to the thread, the ones where the wolves are fighting and showing off their skills?

Target maker target schmaker, the beams are SLOW, the Twiwolves dodge easily.

Just like you are doing now. You answered not one question from the latter part of my previous post, dodger.

Robtard
Target maker target schmaker, the beams are SLOW, the Twiwolves dodge easily.

Just like you are doing now. You answered not one question from the latter part of my previous post, dodger.

Because you posted clips and spoke about the vampires, dude. They're not in this fight.

Clips of the wolves showing off their skills/feats? I recall them not being nearly as fast as you're saying. Prove me wrong, I'll listen.

KingD19
I know the Wolves have fast running speed, but what about their combat speed?

-Pr-
Because you posted clips and spoke about the vampires, dude. They're not in this fight.

Clips of the wolves showing off their skills/feats? I recall them not being nearly as fast as you're saying. Prove me wrong, I'll listen.

They're weaker than vamps. More than once during the eclipse battle the vamps had to bail a wolf out of getting swamped by the newborns.

They're not bad, but one on one a vamp should wreck a wolf.

Originally posted by KingD19
I know the Wolves have fast running speed, but what about their combat speed?

it's not the equal of the vamps.

Rogue Jedi

I already proved you wrong, with this:

The pack can go toe to toe with them, dude, that means they are at least as quick as the Twivamps. If they weren't, why is Victoria always running from them? If Victoria could easily dispatch them one at a time, if she was faster/quicker than they are, why not stand her ground and fight? Because the pack is every bit as fast/agile/quick as a twivamp is.

Answer or concede.

-Pr-

The pack can go toe to toe with them, dude, that means they are at least as quick as the Twivamps. If they weren't, why is Victoria always running from them? If Victoria could easily dispatch them one at a time, if she was faster/quicker than they are, why not stand her ground and fight? Because the pack is every bit as fast/agile/quick as a twivamp is.

Answer or concede.

you call that proof?

Robtard

Answer or concede.
Called CIS, dude.

Post a clip(or name a scene) or accept that the Wolves aren't "blurring" fast like the vampires.

KingD19
She's always running because her power is to survive, and she'd be taking the whole pack on by herself.

ares834

Though I think Mac saw the dots 1st and the Predator was savorying the moment, could have blasted him long before.
Ah my bad. I was wondering where is it stated that the Twiwolves vision is far superior than humans. After all normal wolves are believed to be near sighted.

-Pr-
She's always running because her power is to survive, and she'd be taking the whole pack on by herself.

Exactly. They're deadly in a pack, but alone, they're less formidable by a decent stretch.

Rogue Jedi
Called CIS, dude.

Post a clip(or name a scene) or accept that the Wolves aren't "blurring" fast like the vampires.

Q and A time, you ready?

Why is Victoria always running from the pack?

KingD19
Q and A time, you ready?

Why is Victoria always running from the pack?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Exactly. They're deadly in a pack, but alone, they're less formidable by a decent stretch.

Guess you missed that part.

Rogue Jedi
Youtube has shit to offer here. Try this:

4XYUKvfpGKE&feature=related

At :56, look how fast Paul is when he intercepts Emmett.

Towards the end, hard to tell, shit is all in slo mo.

Side note: FF to 1:48.

Rogue Jedi
Guess you missed that part. I'm trying to make a point. I'm trying to explain the speed of a Twiwolf.

Watch this scene:

DIjzjBU5G_8

The Pack chasing Victoria. We all know how fast Twivamps are, yes? Now, if Twiwolves are able to chase down and catch Twivamps, and go toe to toe with them in combat, doesn't this prove that they are every bit as fast as Twivamps?

Robtard
Looked at the clips, wolves fight about as fast as regular wolves. Though their jumping ability is increased.

Running/chasing prey, they're fast as shit. Vampires not tearing them new ******* is CIS, one vampire should easily be able to shred them with that speed we saw when Edward fought Colossus.

Predator rains death upon them from above, if they happen to prove evasive or put him in a compromised position, he goes boom.

Placidity
Here's my take on Twilight Vamp vs Wolf speeds.

In the novels, it is stated that Wolves can easily match a Vampire's speeds.

Now in the first film, a Vampire's level of speed was set into the ground, as so fast they appeared as a blur.

When it was time to introduce the Werewolves, how could they depict that they were on par in terms of speed? They could either have the Wolves running at blurring speeds as well, which I dunno, maybe wouldn't have worked out as nice visually - OR they could have the Vampires run slower (when both were in the same scenes) so both species appear to have similar speeds. Thats my theory on it anyway.

But its hard to argue this because on-screen the Vamps have displayed superior speed when by themselves. If you accept my theory, which I think has merit, then it gets real messy to debate since there are no feats or references to show how fast a Wolf really is. So the alternative treatment to this is to say the speed shown by the Wolves on-screen is as fast as they can be, but the Vamps being slower is due to PIS (since they've shown to be much faster).

As for the matchup, I still think the pack wins. Theres some scripting going on, with the Predator being really conservative, whereas I think while Predators do use their stealth, also have a come-get-some-I'll-kick-all-your-asses, more aggressive attitude.

Rogue Jedi
Looked at the clips, wolves fight about as fast as regular wolves. Though their jumping ability is increased.

Running/chasing prey, they're fast as shit. Vampires not tearing them new ******* is CIS, one vampire should easily be able to shred them with that speed we saw when Edward fought Colossus.

Predator rains death upon them from above, if they happen to prove evasive or put him in a compromised position, he goes boom.

Look again, they move faster than "regular wolves."

Here's what matters in this fight:

1. Twiwolves run as fast as Twivamps. This is proven onscreen. In Eclipse, Victoria has a good lead on the Twiwolves and they almost catch her.

2. Twiwolves move as fast as Twivamps. This is proven onscreen. In Eclipse, the Twiwolves wtf pwn the newborns (stronger than the Cullens BTW). Now, all of these newborns were way faster than the Twiwolves, why did they get pwned? On that note, the pack is way too fast for the Predator to get a lock on with his aiming device. What's he gonna do when he is surrounded? Go H2H? Don't make me laugh.

3. The pack has the psychic link. This is invaluable here.

4. The Pack is as strong as Twivamps. They can both rip granite apart with their hands/teeth. On that note, watch the vid I posted earlier of Edward pushing the tree over with ease. Get it?

Anything else?

dadudemon

Yeah, this.

I don't see how anything can sneak up on the wolves unless that something is abusrdly fast or can null their senses.

The werewolves freaking tracked vamps from miles and miles away. The Pred could think about approaching them but would be sniffed out in a heartbeat.

I personally think the superhuman "human" forms of the werewolves could put up a good fight against the Pred. They still have heightened senses (just not as sharp in human form) and definitely well above superhuman in strength and durability. If I remember, in like book 3, Jacob could run as fast as cars on the highway in human form.

How is the pred going to tag even their human forms, much less their even better wolf forms?

Just seems a little far-fetched to think the predator, which had problems with humans with far inferior senses, could do anything to the wolves.

I would put Edward against Jacob and see Edward easily winning. smile

I would put a newborn against the pred and see the pred taking out a few, though, despite newborns being much stronger than the werewolves and having similar senses.

Here's my take on Twilight Vamp vs Wolf speeds.

In the novels, it is stated that Wolves can easily match a Vampire's speeds.

Now in the first film, a Vampire's level of speed was set into the ground, as so fast they appeared as a blur.

When it was time to introduce the Werewolves, how could they depict that they were on par in terms of speed? They could either have the Wolves running at blurring speeds as well, which I dunno, maybe wouldn't have worked out as nice visually - OR they could have the Vampires run slower (when both were in the same scenes) so both species appear to have similar speeds. Thats my theory on it anyway.

But its hard to argue this because on-screen the Vamps have displayed superior speed when by themselves. If you accept my theory, which I think has merit, then it gets real messy to debate since there are no feats or references to show how fast a Wolf really is. So the alternative treatment to this is to say the speed shown by the Wolves on-screen is as fast as they can be, but the Vamps being slower is due to PIS (since they've shown to be much faster).

As for the matchup, I still think the pack wins. Theres some scripting going on, with the Predator being really conservative, whereas I think while Predators do use their stealth, also have a come-get-some-I'll-kick-all-your-asses, more aggressive attitude.

Good take.

I still think the movies didn't come close to capturing the vampire speed...but the fight between Felix and Edward came close.

When the vampires were sparring in book 3, to show the wolves what to look for, Bella said it was a blur of vamps and she couldn't tell what was going on, at all. She also describes looking one way and then looking the othe and Edward would seemingly teleport from one side to the other (such as getting into the Truck.) That's fairly instant and faster than what we see in the movies.

I also think the movies made things much too ... well.... g*y...and overly dramatic. The book is overly-dramatic, but they could have toned it down for the films, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Lea Clearwater solos.

dadudemon
Lea Clearwater solos.

Leah Clearwater solos me, any day. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Leah Clearwater solos me, any day. no expression No me!!

Robtard
Look again, they move faster than "regular wolves."

Here's what matters in this fight:

1. Twiwolves run as fast as Twivamps. This is proven onscreen. In Eclipse, Victoria has a good lead on the Twiwolves and they almost catch her.

2. Twiwolves move as fast as Twivamps. This is proven onscreen. In Eclipse, the Twiwolves wtf pwn the newborns (stronger than the Cullens BTW). Now, all of these newborns were way faster than the Twiwolves, why did they get pwned? On that note, the pack is way too fast for the Predator to get a lock on with his aiming device. What's he gonna do when he is surrounded? Go H2H? Don't make me laugh.

3. The pack has the psychic link. This is invaluable here.

4. The Pack is as strong as Twivamps. They can both rip granite apart with their hands/teeth. On that note, watch the vid I posted earlier of Edward pushing the tree over with ease. Get it?

Anything else?

1) Correct

2) Wasn't actually shown, when they fought, it was very much slower than the blurring vampire speed we've seen in the past.

3) Yes.

4) Their bite is, yes.

But since I've grown bored, I'll just say that the wolves jump up into the trees where the Predator would be and roundhouse him with their explosive paws. /end

Rogue Jedi
1) Correct

2) Wasn't actually shown, when they fought, it was very much slower than the blurring vampire speed we've seen in the past.

3) Yes.

4) Their bite is, yes.

But since I've grown bored, I'll just say that the wolves jump up into the trees where the Predator would be and roundhouse him with their explosive paws. /end So it's safe to say that you think a regular pack of wolves can take down a Twivamp.

Robtard
So it's safe to say that you think a regular pack of wolves can take down a Twivamp.

Considering I said one Twilight vampire should be able speed-shred through the wolves from what was shown on screen, how in the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Rogue Jedi
Considering I said one Twilight vampire should be able speed-shred through the wolves from what was shown on screen, how in the hell did you come to that conclusion? Because you are saying they move as fast as regular wolves and are totally ignoring their enhanced senses and strength.

Robtard
They do move about as fast as a regular wolf, when fighting. No, actually not. I said in a ground battle the Predator would be screwed.

But what's that matter, wolves jump/fly into the trees and "pwn".

Rogue Jedi
Tell you what, since you're going to the concession stand anyway, get me a coke and a bag of popcorn.

Robtard
Tell you what, since you're going to the concession stand anyway, get me a coke and a bag of popcorn.

How's being clever working out for you?

Rogue Jedi
How's being clever working out for you? Order of nachos, hold the jalapenos.

Robtard
Order of nachos, hold the jalapenos.

This is why you're a fat-ass.

Rogue Jedi
This is why you're a fat-ass. Aw, that's sweet.

dadudemon

lol

It took me a bit to get WTF you were talking about. I had to read Robtard's post to understand WTF you were talking about...you were being smart. laughing

But that's just bastardized, nice, version of the "preparation H" image I post. awehuh

Rogue Jedi
lol

It took me a bit to get WTF you were talking about. I had to read Robtard's post to understand WTF you were talking about...you were being smart. laughing

But that's just bastardized, nice, version of the "preparation H" image I post. awehuh You must be having an off day, dude.

dadudemon
You must be having an off day, dude.

Nah, thought it was an inside joke between you two. I was looking too far into it.

Rogue Jedi
Robtard!!! Come out to Play-Yay!!!!

Robtard
Robtard!!! Come out to Play-Yay!!!!

If you want to believe that I actually conceded and think you've proved that the wolves:

A) Can get to the Predator while in the trees.

B) Can move about at blurring speeds, while looking up to dodge attacks. Because you posted clips of vampires fighting vampires.

Go right ahead, you obviously made the thread to kill a Predator, not sure exactly why; don't care enough to figure it out.

Rogue Jedi
If you want to believe that I actually conceded and think you've proved that the wolves:

B) Can move about at blurring speeds, while looking up to dodge attacks. Because you posted clips of vampires fighting vampires.

Go right ahead, you obviously made the thread to kill a Predator, not sure exactly why; don't care enough to figure it out. But you see, the only chance the Pred has while in the trees is the plasma weapon, and the wolves are way too fast to be tagged by that.

There's no way the Pred wins if he stays in the trees. None.

Robtard
If they're running away, sure.

But I think it's best we stick with blurring-speed wolves flying into the trees and "pwning". The film be damned.

dadudemon

Go right ahead, you obviously made the thread to kill a Predator, not sure exactly why; don't care enough to figure it out.

Going by movie 3, the Pred has a chance to take out a few. This isn't the books where the Wolves are supercaninely fast (lol, I made a new word up). However, there was a clip of the wolves running really fast in like...movie 2?

But, if you go by the horrendous speed gimp-fest in movie three, the pred does take out 2-3wolves before the reach him. Then, it's over.

Robtard

But, if you go by the horrendous speed gimp-fest in movie three, the pred does take out 2-3wolves before the reach him. Then, it's over.

Agreed, I've said as much.

Predator (1st film) had a penchant for stalking and killing from the trees, if he didn't jump down and face Arnold's entire team, he's certainly not going to do it against seven super-wolves with granite-crunching jaws.

the ninjak
How do they kill him in the trees?

He'll just jump away in camo when the wolves converge in the area rinse and repeat.

Man! The Predator will probably follow them back to HQ when they're in human form and pick some of them off there.

The Vamps kill it the wolves can't.

Rogue Jedi
If they're running away, sure.

But I think it's best we stick with blurring-speed wolves flying into the trees and "pwning". The film be damned. You forgot the hot sauce.

-Pr-
Going by movie 3, the Pred has a chance to take out a few. This isn't the books where the Wolves are supercaninely fast (lol, I made a new word up). However, there was a clip of the wolves running really fast in like...movie 2?

tbh there didn't seem to be a huge disparency. The wolves just tend to excel when running in a straight line, which they did in both movies that I could see.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak
How do they kill him in the trees?

He'll just jump away in camo when the wolves converge in the area rinse and repeat.

Man! The Predator will probably follow them back to HQ when they're in human form and pick some of them off there.

The Vamps kill it the wolves can't.

I think that the wolves have a better chance in human form, with guns. lol!

Placidity
Seems the Predator in this thread is pretty chicken shit.

The Predator won't fight like that for the whole battle. If he did, what would be the challenge? Just hiding and shooting from perfect safety? What would be the point of the hunt? This is completely contrary to the whole character of the Predator.

In the films, the humans had guns, i.e. range, which meant stalking from a distance wasn't being a pussy. Also, the Predator wanted Arnie and his team to know about him, so the real hunt would start. When the Predator confronted melee combatants, he took them on H2H (maybe with his blades), not with his plasma cannon from afar.

If the Predator wanted to dispatch all his prey from safety with just his ranged weapons, he could have done so in many of the movies, but thats not his style. He craves proving his superiority against the odds. Thats not to say he's going to be a dumbass and jump into the middle of the pack, but he ain't just going to hide/run and gun either.

-Pr-

why?

Robtard

The Predator won't fight like that for the whole battle. If he did, what would be the challenge? Just hiding and shooting from perfect safety? What would be the point of the hunt? This is completely contrary to the whole character of the Predator.

In the films, the humans had guns, i.e. range, which meant stalking from a distance wasn't being a pussy. Also, the Predator wanted Arnie and his team to know about him, so the real hunt would start. When the Predator confronted melee combatants, he took them on H2H (maybe with his blades), not with his plasma cannon from afar.

If the Predator wanted to dispatch all his prey from safety with just his ranged weapons, he could have done so in many of the movies, but thats not his style. He craves proving his superiority against the odds. Thats not to say he's going to be a dumbass and jump into the middle of the pack, but he ain't just going to hide/run and gun either.

Considering he has knowledge of what they can do and there's seven of them, he'd be a retard to go at them face to face until he's taken at least 4-5 of them down.

He generally fought from a distance and/or from concealment until the team was picked apart in the first film.

Rogue Jedi

Exactly.

Considering he has knowledge of what they can do and there's seven of them, he'd be a retard to go at them face to face until he's taken at least 4-5 of them down.

He generally fought from a distance and/or from concealment until the team was picked apart in the first film. Twiwolves. Enhanced senses. They'll smell/hear the Pred from a mile away. Plasma beam, slow. Twiwolves, fast. The Pred can shoot at them all day, he aint gonna hit shit but air.

Robtard
Yes, yes, they'll see/smell/sense him; they'll eat the trees he's in while dodging at blurring speeds and then kill him, without so much as a nick to anyone of them. Just as long as you stop saying "twiwolves".

Rogue Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.