Supreme vs Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kinasin
Who Wins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_%28comics%29

Cubey
I say Supreme for the majority. Cap if he was written to his potential.

Kinasin
Bump

Stoic
I've read a lot of Supreme comics, and at the time that Image was a new company, Supreme was the one to beat,even outperforming Majestic by a country mile. I'm pretty sure that he'd beat Captain Atom.

Galan007
Captain Atom... Unless Supreme can adapt to his quantum powers.

CosmicComet
Supreme with ease.

BattleMage
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Supreme with ease.

Galan007
Supreme with ease. Considering how easily CA handled Majestic, I'm not sure how Supreme could beat him at all... Let alone "with ease".

Exactly how powerful do you think he is? srsly

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
Considering how easily CA handled Majestic, I'm not sure how Supreme could beat him at all... Let alone "with ease".

Exactly how powerful do you think he is? srsly

Supreme is very ruthless (picture Carnage with Superman type powers). In character he would likely tornado spin into Captain Atom cutting the suit up like a ginsu blade slices up carrots. Supreme was also pretty powerful, being able to adapt his molecules as fast as they were being dimensionally shifted away in order to rip through a matter anti matter force field (whatever that is). It happened in issue 5, 6, or 7 in Supreme v.1 normal series.

Galan007
^ Yeah, I'm pretty well informed on Supreme:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t500257.html

I'm still not convinced he could win though -- unless, like I said before, he adapted to CA's quantum energies... But that's a long shot, imo.

Kinasin
Why wouldn't he be able to adapt to his quantum powers though?

Galan007
^ Because 2 adaption feats isn't enough to determine something like that. Imo.

Kinasin
How could Captain Atom even hurt supreme. Also would 5 adapt feats prove he could. lol

Galan007
Originally posted by Kinasin
How could Captain Atom even hurt supreme.

Also would 5 adapt feats prove he could. lol Same way he hurt Majestic should do.

Depends on the feats. The ones he has aren't indicative of being able to adapt to CA's energies, doh.

CosmicComet
CA didn't beat Majestic. That's an overly generous CA slanted appraisal of a fight that didn't even have a conclusion, that had CA get the last hit, yet STILL get portrayed as physically inferior to a guy he admitted was a little less powerful than Superman.

He got knocked around with ease, he got off one blast and then followed up with it and then when they met again CA at full speed was still casually overtaken by a Majestic that only wanted to TALK. He then casually blocked a desperate punch from CA with an open palm. That's not the kind of showing that puts CA near Supreme, fight wasn't even impressive looking.

Supreme ruptures the suit within a few punches and is still standing afterward.

Cubey
Same way he hurt Majestic should do.

Depends on the feats. The ones he has aren't indicative of being able to adapt to CA's energies, doh.

No offense but this is a horrible argument. That Majestic fight was physical, and they had multiple rounds (Cap didn't win all of them).

Stoic

You may have a point, Captain Atom may be able to win 10/10. I'm not being funny either. You remember what Quantum did to Supreme right? He completely drained his extra dimensional powers out of every cell rendering him nearly powerless (Rulk vs Hulk type thing). If Cap Atom could pull that, then he would win every time, but if he couldn't, and Supreme makes this a physical brawl Atom get's the squeeze.

I see it as being more likely that a guy as fast as Supreme would tear that containment suit open and win this. There's really no proof that Cap. Atom could pull a Quantum on Supreme so..... Also something that should be noted, is that Supreme was portrayed as being quite a bit more powerful than Majestic in those days. Just remember that he caused the "Great Whiteout Event".

Galan007
CA didn't beat Majestic. That's an overly generous CA slanted appraisal of a fight that didn't even have a conclusion, that had CA get the last hit, yet STILL get portrayed as physically inferior to a guy he admitted was a little less powerful than Superman.

He got knocked around with ease, he got off one blast and then followed up with it and then when they met again CA at full speed was still casually overtaken by a Majestic that only wanted to TALK. He then casually blocked a desperate punch from CA with an open palm. That's not the kind of showing that puts CA near Supreme, fight wasn't even impressive looking.

Supreme ruptures the suit within a few punches and is still standing afterward. Why In God's name are you limiting CA to physical attacks? Energy attacks are where it's at.

And you can deny it all you want, but Majestic and CA only had one battle where external variables didn't play a factor, and that was their very first one -- of which CA demonstrated decisive superiority in. In every scuffle after that, either Majestic or CA were 'talked down' before anything really happened... Or at least WELL before a winner could be decided.

Originally posted by Cubey
No offense but this is a horrible argument. That Majestic fight was physical, and they had multiple rounds (Cap didn't win all of them). Horrible in what way? As I said above, in the one 'true' battle they had, CA was able to own Majestic with 2 attacks after he'd had enough.

Kinasin
Why In God's name are you limiting CA to physical attacks? Energy attacks are where it's at.

And you can deny it all you want, but Majestic and CA only had one battle where external variables didn't play a factor, and that was their very first one -- of which CA demonstrated decisive superiority in. In every scuffle after that, either Majestic or CA were 'talked down' before anything really happened... Or at least WELL before a winner could be decided.

Horrible in what way? As I said above, in the one 'true' battle they had, CA was able to own Majestic with 2 attacks after he'd had enough.
It can easily be said that that battle was pure PIS.

Warlord

well looking at the respect thread which you created you seem to highlight his adaptation ability due to his structure being in constant flux.
coupled with energy absorption I don't see why he couldn't beat Atom

Galan007
Originally posted by Kinasin
It can easily be said that that battle was pure PIS. I saw nothing PIS-worthy in their first battle. Now their subsequent battles...

Originally posted by Warlord
well looking at the respect thread which you created you seem to highlight his adaptation ability due to his structure being in constant flux.
coupled with energy absorption I don't see why he couldn't beat Atom Supreme's losses to characters such as Quantum should be proof enough that his adaptive quality does not apply to every battle he partakes in. Far from, in fact.

Bottom line: Supreme has a total of 2 adaption feats. He's no Doomsday, people. srsly

Warlord

Bottom line: Supreme has a total of 2 adaption feats. He's no Doomsday, people. srsly

blame your narration. makes them feel awesome wink

Galan007
^ laughing out loud

Supreme is powerful, don't get me wrong. I just think his powers/abilities are being overinflated in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.