Fate/stay night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
I don't think anyone has mentioned this but this is an anime series that originally started as a visual novel by Type-Moon.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Some people have said that this anime was pretty good. Too bad it hadn't aired on TV but at least it's out on DVD.

StyleTime
I watched the anime a few years ago, but I never played the games.

The anime was fairly enjoyable, and develops into something deeper than it initially appears. I've heard complaints about the ending, but I loved it and its presentation.

Q99
It is an interesting series, and part of a larger 'verse too (Tsukihime. Unlike Fate/Stay it's anime apparently sucks, but the manga and game are better).

Bro SMASH
I only saw like the first few episodes of it but now I wish I could see the rest.

Q99
Something about the game is it has three "paths," each focused on a certain female protagonist (Saber, Rin, and Sakura) and different ways the Holy Grail War in detail. They get increasingly badass after the first, but build upon knowledge from the prior ones (that is, only the first path really lays out the Holy Grail War in detail), so even as cool as the anime is, it's just the first path, and iirc there's an OAV or movie of the second one, Unlimited Blade Works.

Bro SMASH
You know, I almost want to play the game (Fate/Unlimited Codes). It may not be all that balanced but it looks pretty good, especially since it's made by Eighting.

Q99
My understanding is the Type/Moon fighting games tend to have plenty of tactical depth to 'em.

StyleTime
I remember hearing that every character in Unlimited Codes has an infinite/full health combo.

In theory, it's balance by making everyone powerful. Kinda like Arcana Heart.

Q99
One thing I like is how in-universe there are broken, hax abilities, and people'll use them to their cheaty extent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.