Darkseid vs Current Hulk (H2H)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
No flight, no Energy Attacks/Exotic Powers.

Just plain H2H beatdown.

Fight in a 1000'x1000'x100' Adamantium Cage.

Warlord
I think it's been already done.
I say Banner could win

iceman24567
Leaning towards Hulk

Kinasin
Hulk

ankur29
Hulk

StiltmanFTW
Hulk, no contest.

BobbyD
Someone correct please if I'm wrong...

Isn't Thanos the better fighter/more skilled fighter? If this is a fight where each just stands and takes each others blows, then yes I lean towards the Hulk.

But, the thread says H2H. I see Thanos parrying and countering a lot of these punches thrown by Hulk for an easy KO. Now, if Thanos is ineffective or takes too long, well then he's gonna experience some issues.
---------------------------------------------
Again, is there any difference with Darkseid? ...that I'm simply just not aware of?

Mshinu
Darkseid since Hulkie Boy doesn`t have his regeneration.

What is the next thread, Hulk vs powerless LT?

-Pr-
Does Hulk's strength increase and HF count as being exotic?

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-
Does Hulk's strength increase and HF count as being exotic?

if so I'm going with Uxas here

D_Dude1210
Hulks strength increase and HF aren't exotics for the sake of this thread. stick out tongue

Mshinu
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hulks strength increase and HF aren't exotics for the sake of this thread. stick out tongue

Even dumber than a bag of hammers Hulk thinks that`s pretty dumb. laughing out loud

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mshinu
Even dumber than a bag of hammers Hulk thinks that`s pretty dumb. laughing out loud

What's dumb about this? stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
What's dumb about this? stick out tongue

Nothings dumb about it, the fact that the Hulk gets stronger by the second makes this kind of unfair to Darkseid though. The Hulk would win in a solely H2H confrontation, but by no means would he ever beat Darkseid with his full arsenal. Darkseid would only need to erase him from existance.

Originally posted by BobbyD

Isn't Thanos the better fighter/more skilled fighter? If this is a fight where each just stands and takes each others blows, then yes I lean towards the Hulk.

But, the thread says H2H. I see Thanos parrying and countering a lot of these punches thrown by Hulk for an easy KO. Now, if Thanos is ineffective or takes too long, well then he's gonna experience some issues.
Again, is there any difference with Darkseid? ...that I'm simply just not aware of?

The difference is that Darseid is the ruler of a miserable planet, while Thanos is the Final Destination part 1. Not at all the same character, Thanos is Darkseid done right.

Allankles
Originally posted by BobbyD

Darkseid is even more skillful than Thanos in h2h, he'd beat the snot out of Hulk. Non jobbing DS isn't getting beat h2h or not.

Allankles
Originally posted by Stoic
The difference is that Darseid is the ruler of a miserable planet, while Thanos is the Final Destination part 1. Not at all the same character, Thanos is Darkseid done right.

Why do you guys always draw DS in the same boat as Thanos? Thanos is nothing like DS, get this right. DS is more subtle and cerebral than Thanos.

Damn dude, it's like comparing checkers with chess. DS is chess, Thanos is checkers. Thanos plays in a simple world where there are simple solutions (where mere physical force can solve his problems).

DS is a far more complete character. You're comparing an experienced campaigner with his less accomplished understurdy. Take away hack jobs like Hunter/Prey Doomsday and read stuff from Kirby or Morrison, different leagues man.

chomperx9
current hulk is WWH correct ?

Stoic
Originally posted by Allankles
Why do you guys always draw DS in the same boat as Thanos? Thanos is nothing like DS, get this right. DS is more subtle and cerebral than Thanos.

Damn dude, it's like comparing checkers with chess. DS is chess, Thanos is checkers. Thanos plays in a simple world where there are simple solutions (where mere physical force can solve his problems).

DS is a far more complete character. You're comparing an experienced campaigner with his less accomplished understurdy. Take away hack jobs like Hunter/Prey Doomsday and read stuff from Kirby or Morrison, different leagues man.

You're joking right? Well actually looking at your Avy I bet you're serious. Darkseid as you said is no Thanos, in this I agree with you, but Thanos has a far better resume wouldn't you agree? Thanos' feats of multiversal conquest, make Darkseid's Ale acquisition, or Soul amping power stunts look like mere childs play.

As for Darkseid being unable to be beaten theory; Superman beat Darkseid so badly that Darkseid gave handed Apocalypse over to him on a silver platter, so yes he can be defeated, Doomsday kicked his a$$ in so badly that he was left playing squash on the curb.

Just remember that The Hulk could amp so far above Darkseid's physical station, in terms of strength, that Darkseid's punches would become impotent.... if we factor in the Hulk's unique power sets.

Stoic
Originally posted by chomperx9
current hulk is WWH correct ?

Wow man you've asked that question several times, and to answer your question, yes he is.

chomperx9
Wow man you've asked that question several times, and to answer your question, yes he is. that was my 2nd time. didnt get an answer earlier

Allankles
You're joking right? Well actually looking at your Avy I bet you're serious. Darkseid as you said is no Thanos, in this I agree with you, but Thanos has a far better resume wouldn't you agree? Thanos' feats of multiversal conquest, make Darkseid's Ale acquisition, or Soul amping power stunts look like mere childs play.

As for Darkseid being unable to be beaten theory; Superman beat Darkseid so badly that Darkseid gave handed Apocalypse over to him on a silver platter, so yes he can be defeated, Doomsday kicked his a$$ in so badly that he was left playing squash on the curb.

Just remember that The Hulk could amp so far above Darkseid's physical station, in terms of strength, that Darkseid's punches would become impotent.... if we factor in the Hulk's unique power sets.

Thanos' so called multiversal conquest amounted to picking up some artifacts along the way, they mean nothing in the grand scheme (which is the interplay of characters - villains & heroes). He went through nothing that would be called a real conflict to amass his power, it might as well have been handed to him.

What is that compared to defeating New Genesis after millenia of conflict? Or crushing the spirit and will of some of the universes greatest heroes over 15 years. What is that compared to turning friend against friend, family against family across the cosmos? DS accomplishes complete victory, not just grabbing a powerup and wishing the universe away while brawling with a few cosmics along the way.

Thanos is the kiddie PG 13 version of DS. No conquest adventure he's ever been in has disputed that image.

Stoic
Thanos' so called multiversal conquest amounted to picking up some artifacts along the way, they mean nothing in the grand scheme (which is the interplay of characters - villains & heroes). He went through nothing that would be called a real conflict to amass his power, it might as well have been handed to him.

What is that compared to defeating New Genesis after millenia of conflict? Or crushing the spirit and will of some of the universes greatest heroes over 15 years. What is that compared to turning friend against friend, family against family across the cosmos? DS accomplishes complete victory, not just grabbing a powerup and wishing the universe away while brawling with a few cosmics along the way.

Thanos is the kiddie PG 13 version of DS. No conquest adventure he's ever been in has disputed that image.

The Hand of The Universe trumps it by a few universes when we compare the two as far as the bigger picture is concerned. Thanos has no need of petty worlds to rule, that's more of a Terrax thing, why would he when he's ruled all of creation. It kind of throws your whole Darkseid is the superior campaigner out the window.

Truthfully speaking, if Darkseid was part of the Marvel universe he would have been just one more of Thanos' whipping tools, as he would have handed his @$$ straight to Mistress Death in their first encounter.

Back on topic shall we? When has Darkseid ever, I mean ever faced a guy in H2H combat that could wreck a planet physically and won? Like I said a non jobbing nos PIS ridden Darkseid has gotten his @$$ handed to him more than once by Superman (oh and you can stow the "it was an avatar of him" spiel) What about Doomsday? He was so impressed with the way Doomsday made him fall on his @SS in a field of d!@ks that he weaponized the brute. If that wasn't a cosmic jock ride i don't know what is.

The Hulk in H2H would do the same to him. Unless of course his durability supersedes the power that it took for the Hulk to physically punch through a dimensional barrier.

Allankles
The Hand of The Universe trumps it by a few universes when we compare the two as far as the bigger picture is concerned. Thanos has no need of petty worlds to rule, that's more of a Terrax thing, why would he when he's ruled all of creation. It kind of throws your whole Darkseid is the superior campaigner out the window.

It's a Terrax thing to rule over an empire of dark gods? Do you know anything about DS? DS rules Apokolips because it's a legacy thing, the legacy of the gods of Apokolips as one of the heads of their royal family. He took over from his family in more ways than one.

Also Apokolips is a war machine, what better place to be if you want to build the most dangerous weapons in the universe? Also DS is a warrior and was brought up in a warrior culture Thanos' culture is not nearly as militaristic.

Truthfully speaking, if Darkseid was part of the Marvel universe he would have been just one more of Thanos' whipping tools, as he would have handed his @$$ straight to Mistress Death in their first encounter.

Baseless assumption. If Marvel know what they're doing they'd never have a second stringer like Thanos defeating one of the great comic book villains in Darkseid. Darkseid is much more fun to write than Thanos, that's why his stories are more intelligent.

Back on topic shall we?

Hunter/Prey was a pile of garbage, and I'm talking about the story, not even the DS vs DD fight. If the writing was shit, it's no surprise that the fight was shit.

As far as losing to Supes goes, he's beaten Supes more times than any major villain both pre and post crisis. So while I recognize his defeats I also have to remind you that he has a great average vs Supes.

Stoic
It's a Terrax thing to rule over an empire of dark gods? Do you know anything about DS? DS rules Apokolips because it's a legacy thing, the legacy of the gods of Apokolips as one of the heads of their royal family. He took over from his family in more ways than one.

I know about Apokalips, and ruling it would simply be beneath Thanos, his only goal would be to convert all of the New Gods into meat puppets. What I was getting at was ambition which is the scope of Terraxes wants, Thanos is far more ambitious than the want of a planet. He took it all, while Darkseid was stuck on stupid trying to achieve far less in his journey to aquire the ALE (which took forever).

Also Apokolips is a war machine, what better place to be if you want to build the most dangerous weapons in the universe? Also DS is a warrior and was brought up in a warrior culture Thanos' culture is not nearly as militaristic.

Thanos knew what the most dangerous weapon in the universe was, and he took it, and wiped out everything in existence, something which seems far out of Darkseid's realm of thought. Shyt I doubt Darkseid could even begin to fathom the power that Thanos had, but this isn't about Darkseid or Thanos, so let's not make it so.

Baseless assumption. If Marvel know what they're doing they'd never have a second stringer like Thanos defeating one of the great comic book villains in Darkseid. Darkseid is much more fun to write than Thanos, that's why his stories are more intelligent.

You said it first, it sure is a baseless assumption, and that is your opinion entirely, I can name a handful of people who would turn that comment around on you concerning Thanos. You gets no points there friend.

Hunter/Prey was a pile of gabbage, and I'm talking about the story, not even the DS vs DD fight. If the writing was shit, it's no surprise that the fight was shit.

Perhaps DC didn't want too many people to drown in a puddle of tears over it, I mean you seem to be broken up over the mere mud stomping he took. Imagine if he actually killed Rock Head? Yeah the shyt would hit the fan!

As far as losing to Supes goes, he's beaten Supes more times than any major villain both pre and post crisis. So while I recognize his defeats I also have to remind you that he has a great average vs Supes.

Yeah because Superman was obviously not giving it his all. We all saw what Superman unleashed would do to Darkseid, Kal just holds back because he is not a killer, he's a hero.

Uhm... perhaps you should make a new Darkseid vs Thanos thread, because this is not it.

Allankles

I know about Apokalips, and rulind it would simply be beneath Thanos, his only goal would be to convert all of the New Gods into meat puppets. What I was getting at was ambition, and Thanos is far more ambitious than a planet. He took it all, while Darkseid was stuck on stupid trying to achieve far less in his journey to aquire the ALE (which took forever).

Who says Darkseid's ambitions are any less? Apokolips is his hometown, ruling over it doesn't mean his ambitions are only planetary, it means he has an empire to call his own.

I don't get what is difficult to grasp here? You're making logical leaps that have nothign to with DS' actual ambition, you're stuck on criticizing him for ruling over a galaxy-wide planet which lords over a sizeable empire across the cosmos.

That makes him interesting, he's not just a guy in limbo he has a robust supporting cast, and ditto for his enemies. New Genesis is an empire of light, capable of countering any reality altering devices Apokolips could come up with, that's why they've been at war for milllenia.

Stoic
Who says Darkseid's ambitions are any less? Apokolips is his hometown, ruling over it doesn't mean his ambitions are only planetary, it means he has an empire to call his own.

I don't get what is difficult to grasp here? You're making logical leaps that have nothign to with DS' actual ambition, you're stuck on criticizing him for ruling over a galaxy-wide planet which lords over a sizeable empire across the cosmos.

That makes him interesting, he's not just a guy in limbo he has a robust supporting cast, and ditto for his enemies. New Genesis is an empire of light, capable of countering any reality altering devices Apokolips could come up with, that's why they've been at war for milllenia.

Yea so was Odin, big droopey poop, how does that make Odin any less of a boring snore fest? Thanos has style, his girl is Death (morbid but kinky) Thanos sells more comics, ask yourself this one question, what was better, The Infinity Gauntlet, or DOTNG? Well there goes another of your arguments, swoosh out the window.

They aren't the same character, but I really don't want to continue this discussion, let's make a new thread of these two and discuss away, cause we're off topic.

I also have a huge server 2008 final due tomorrow so I must sleep.

Make the thread, and I'll be here same time tomorrow to compare who's the king of sour with you. Don't take me seriously bro, I'm just having a little fun. big grin

Allankles
Thanos knew what the most dangerous weapon in the universe was, and he took it, and wiped out everything in existence, something which seems far out of Darkseid's realm of thought. Shyt I doubt Darkseid could even begin to fathom the power that Thanos had, but this isn't about Darkseid or Thanos, so let's not make it so.

Man you're being very short sighted here.

Let's review:-
1) they're not from the same universe - what constitutes a publishable story in one company may not apply in another universe.
2) So there's no THOTU just lying around for DS to take for himself. And more than likely given how many superbeings police the multiverse in DC, it would be PIS if no one intercepted THOTU before sme villain sneaked in to get it.
3) You're describing a PIS story where said character had a clear route to ultimate power without working for it. Essentially you've just described why Thanos doesn't hold a candle to DS.

You said it first, it sure is a baseless assumption, and that is your opinion entirely, I can name a handful of people who would turn that comment around on you concerning Thanos. You gets no points there friend.

Darkseid is indeed one of comicdons great villains. Easily a top 10 villain as far as comics go. Thanos is not.

Perhaps DC didn't want too many people to drown in a puddle of tears over it, I mean you seem to be broken up over the mere mud stomping he took. Imagine if he actually killed Rock Head? Yeah the shyt would hit the fan!

I didn't think the story was worth the paper it was printed on, doesn't mean I'm broken up about it. H/P is a nearly inconsequential footnote for a semi fringe character like DD, let alone a more celebrated character like Darkseid. That's like getting broken up about Darkseid falling down the stairs in that Batman/Superman comic, it's nothing.

Yeah because Superman was obviously not giving it all. We all saw what Superman unleashed would do to Darkseid, Kal just holds back because he is not a killer, he's a hero.

Uhm... perhaps you should make a new Darkseid vs Thanos thread, because this is not it.

So now Supes holds back against Darkseid? Good to know. smile

psycho gundam
Darkseid is indeed one of comicdons great villains. Easily a top 10 villain as far as comics go. Thanos is not.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/stop.gif

nice sig but.....whatchyutalkingbout allen

Allankles
Yea so was Odin, big droopey poop, how does that make Odin any less of a boring snore fest? Thanos has style, his girl is Death (morbid but kinky) Thanos sells more comics, ask yourself this one question, what was better, The Infinity Gauntlet, or DOTNG? Well there goes another of your arguments, swoosh out the window.

They aren't the same character, but I really don't want to continue this discussion, let's make a new thread of these two and discuss away, cause we're off topic.

I also have a huge server 2008 final due tomorrow so I must sleep.

Make the thread, and I'll be here same time tomorrow to compare who's the king of sour with you. Don't take me seriously bro, I'm just having a little fun. big grin

Who says DOTNG was anywhere close to being DS best? While Thanos at his best can only come up with a paultry Infinity Gauntlet saga, Darkseid has Rock of Ages, GDS, Seven Soldiers, JKFW, Final Crisis and Hunger Dogs.

I don't give him much style points (ugly get up for one), and Mistress Death is hardly the kind of girlfriend a red blooded male would want. So basically Thanos has performance issues with warm blooded females, that's how he's comfortable being a necrophilliac. sick

Allankles
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/stop.gif

nice sig but.....whatchyutalkingbout allen

Thanks. I'm talking about the way DS gets drawn into comparisons with Thanos as if he's the new kid on the block and Thanos is the long established vet when it is the other way around.

The fact is DS has had better writers and has been written better. No reason to continually draw him in with Thanos, it is Thanos who has yet to play a leading role in a great comic story.

psycho gundam
true, darkseid came out first, but the "greater" of the two is just personal preference.

thanos has more personality though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.