Why was the Superman Disrespect thread closed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
there are a couple of other disrespect threads here such as a rhino disrespect thread but then the superman is the only who gets closed?
are all mods superman fanboys confused

roughrider
Precedent. It would be open season for haters to go after any hero.
Rhino was a special case.

TheTyrant
Discrimination.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
there are a couple of other disrespect threads here such as a rhino disrespect thread but then the superman is the only who gets closed?
are all mods superman fanboys confused
You made a thread that will be closed about a thread that was closed a while ago.

Anyway, let me put it to you in a way you would funderstand... would you like seeing a Colossus disrespect thread everytime you come to this forum?

roughrider
I like Colossus, but there are a lot of examples of his stupidity we can post... wink

Mshinu
It was closed because of the risk to poor fragile fanboy minds.

Omega Vision
There's an actual rule stating something to the effect that you can't make a respect thread for crappy characters like Shocker or Rhino:

"3. Don't post respect threads for people that suck (lol). Shocker would be a nice example of this. No way in hell that guy needs respect."

So the reason there's a Rhino disrespect thread is because it's against the rules to make a Rhino respect thread.

WTF? Is that an actual rule?

Bentley
Yep, it's the Shocker clause, it has kept me for years from doing a Ursa Major respect thread...

I'm kidding of course big grin

Ursa Major rockz ahah

Digi
People need to see the forest for the trees, and take things in the spirit in which they were presented. The Shocker comment is in jest (he does suck though). If it becomes a thing with people taking it too literally, we can get rid of it.

Simply put, disrespect threads create a spirit of bashing. I don't want them in this forum, period. The Rhino thread got grandfathered in when I made the rule, and it's also never caused problems. Even in its brief run, the Superman thread DID, which was the issue.

Hope that clears things up. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.