Mass Effect 2 finally on PS3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Th3birdman
Anyone STOKED like myself?

Also, is this a trend?

AthenasTrgrFngr
i beat it like six months ago.

smile

Th3birdman
haha same here, but I wanted to play it on my PS3 for some reason. I just feel it's more suitable for that system. But, there's incentive-- All up-to-date (January 2011) DLC will be on disc, with hours of extras and some new content. Not salivating yet? Well I hear tell it's going to be cheaper than 60 bones....

NemeBro
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
i beat it like six months ago.

smile So did I.

Six times. On Insanity.

Th3birdman
^^^ Beast mode. But the damn teammates die in like the 1st minute of a serious battle....(on Insanity)

Cyner
I just started playing it like 5 days ago...

So far so good, I do wish I had more powers though, my character was incredible on ME1.

Th3birdman
Just wait- Your character on this one will be a God....cept on Insanity.

Th3birdman
Bump.

Release date-- January 12th.

I went in Gamestop and asked about pre-order information and the clerk didn't know if the had it. She ran a check through the computer, and it had a release date of 1/12/11.

Can always change, but this is the official release date as far as major outlets are concerned

BackFire
Good. I played it on 360 already, several times, but this is a game that's so good the more people that are able to play it, the better.

Th3birdman
Absolutely fantastic game, that I won't mind buying for the 2nd time. And it comes with all DLC on disc, so that's good for me because I never purchased the DLCs that weren't free.

AsbestosFlaygon
I've finished this game months ago.

But I'll still be buying this when it comes out, since I haven't bought any DLC for the 360 version since I hate Live.

Kaibs
I'll probably pick this up for PS3 since I don't have 360. I heard it was pretty cool.

FinalAnswer
Yeah, will be buying this

My game collection needs moar Mark Meer

Th3birdman
It supposedly has extra content and all the DLC, justifying the $50-$60 asking price for a year old game

Th3birdman
New info regarding PS3 version-

-The interactive comic "Dark Horse" which informs the player about the back story and offers various choices
-The three previously released DLC "Kasumi: Stolen Memories", "Overlord" and "the Shadow Broker ?
-Moreover, even accompanied by a code that allows you access to all published to date content on the network gets Ceberus

and most important
-A new mission for about six hours of play time, exclusively for the PS3 version

BackFire
Oh shit a new mission? Damn it.

Impediment
I've always been keen to play this game, but I don't own a 360. Now that PS3 owners will get a chance, I'm going to do a lot of research.

Can anyone tell me what separates this game from so many other RPGs?

NemeBro
Mark Meer.

BackFire
Originally posted by Impediment
I've always been keen to play this game, but I don't own a 360. Now that PS3 owners will get a chance, I'm going to do a lot of research.

Can anyone tell me what separates this game from so many other RPGs?

It's a hybrid. It plays identically to a game like Gears of War, but with the dialogue and character development of an RPG. It has some of the best and most nuanced characters in the medium, and just talking to people in this game is extremely fun.

NemeBro
Plus there's Mark Meer.

Th3birdman
The sound, music and ambience. You will get pulled into it, and for at least a week, it will consume your life. And after that week, you'll find out there are multiple ways to play it, and you'll never want to stop until you do it all. Guaranteed.

Oh and there's sex, strippers, beautiful bald women, aliens, guns, biotech, excellent dialogue, multiple planets to explore, traitors, your own spacecraft, and one epic story. You need this game if you're a action/RPG fan.

Zack Fair
Game of the FKN Year.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Game of the FKN Year. Nah.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Phanteros
Nah.

No u.

Cyner
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Game of the FKN Year.

If not that, then it's pretty damn close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.