Galactus at 1% VS Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Galactus cant die of hunger here nor can he take surfers power away

i personally have no idea

Black bolt z
Galactus stomps.He should still be able to beat someone on odins level.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Galactus stomps.He should still be able to beat someone on odins level. i doubt he is more powerful than odin @ 1%
imo odin is about 20% of galactus

zopzop
These "percentage" threads are hard to call because no one knows what they would translate to in comics.

But if Thor could Godblast a weakened Galactus, I don't see why the SS couldn't own him like that too. Especially if you said that he cant' take away the Surfer's power cosmic.

PS Didn't the Fallen One (Galactus herald) present a threat to Galactus? I recall Thanos saying he was no match at all to Galactus while he was fed/healthy, but in a moment of weakness........................bye bye Galactus.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i doubt he is more powerful than odin @ 1%
imo odin is about 20% of galactus A 20% galactus should be able to beat RKT.

zopzop
A 20% Galactus can't take Odin, IMHO. Check the Odin Respect Thread. Full power Galactus hasn't been shown doing half of that.

Bouboumaster
Galactus just re-absorb Surfer's powers. The end.

Colossus-Big C

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus just re-absorb Surfer's powers. The end. He will now be at 1.01%

Bouboumaster
And Surfer would be at which lvl? Can we say that Galactus win?

Omega Vision
i doubt he is more powerful than odin @ 1%
imo odin is about 20% of galactus
I don't think there's enough evidence to assign any kind of Galactus percentage to any character's powers, and that includes Galactus since he's never really given percentages, just generalized power levels depending on how well fed he is.

Seriously these threads are retarded.

The Nuul
Stupid threads made by him is nothing new. This dude needs to go. Wheres mindset?

Mshinu
A close to death starving Big G has about 1 000 000 times the power of the Surfer.

Keep Big G alive at 0,0001% of his starving to death levels and I still give him the egde against Norrin.

Utrigita
Originally posted by zopzop
These "percentage" threads are hard to call because no one knows what they would translate to in comics.

But if Thor could Godblast a weakened Galactus, I don't see why the SS couldn't own him like that too. Especially if you said that he cant' take away the Surfer's power cosmic.

PS Didn't the Fallen One (Galactus herald) present a threat to Galactus? I recall Thanos saying he was no match at all to Galactus while he was fed/healthy, but in a moment of weakness........................bye bye Galactus.

Yes Thanos did mention that, however it was kinda blown to bits when Galactus defeated his herald and teleported him to Thanos without any effort.

Also the Surfer to my knowledge doesn't have access to anything close resembling a Godblast, so what Thor could do is kinda redundant when Surfer can't, atleast to my knowledge, duplicate a silver age feat performed with Asgardian magic that was at that time very strong. (The Odin vs Infinity should make that quite clear).

As for the "battle" itself, assuming that 1% of Galactus means he is indeed starving (which as mentioned we have no idea on knowing) It's of rather little importance, because if we go by Galactus own words then the Heralds have a thousand part of a thousand part of his lifeforce or power, which means that a herald in order to defeat Galactus, must face a Galactus nearly dead, I mean in the miniseries about Galactus we see Galactus claiming himself to be very weak easily immobilising the surfer with the option of killing him.

Slaanesh
Galactus at 1% is probably a near death Galactus like in God Hunter..i think Surfer can beat that..

Lord Feron
IMO this is totally arbitrary way of deciding how powerful galactus is at 1%. But im not gonna sit here and ***** so.

Would you guys think the fight between PF rachel and Big G was when Big G was at 1%? I know he was hungry at the time. If so he beats the snot out of surfer.

tribunal
A 20% Galactus can't take Odin, IMHO. Check the Odin Respect Thread. Full power Galactus hasn't been shown doing half of that.

so are you suggestin that odin is > a full power galactus? gush when will people stop with that retarded logic of "character A beats character B because he got more impresive feats" thats so idiotic seriously

TheLordofMurder
Given what Galactus is supposed to be when he is well fed (a being that bridges the middle between Death and Eternity), then this is spite against Surfer even at 1%...

As a frame a reference, a starving Galactus effortlessly defeated Terrax...and that was back when Terrax was alledgedly the powerful of Galactus's heralds...or atleast equal to the Surfer.

Or you can look at it this way...

A well fed Galactus once teleported an entire Galaxy away; billions of stars and trillions of planets...

1% of that would be hundreds of millions of stars and hundreds of billions of planets; the Surfer couldnt teleport a single planet or star away on the best day of his life...

Since you are trying to quantify Galactus's power... wink

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
A well fed Galactus once teleported an entire Galaxy away

Actually he was hungry.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes Thanos did mention that, however it was kinda blown to bits when Galactus defeated his herald and teleported him to Thanos without any effort.

Also the Surfer to my knowledge doesn't have access to anything close resembling a Godblast, so what Thor could do is kinda redundant when Surfer can't, atleast to my knowledge, duplicate a silver age feat performed with Asgardian magic that was at that time very strong. (The Odin vs Infinity should make that quite clear).

As for the "battle" itself, assuming that 1% of Galactus means he is indeed starving (which as mentioned we have no idea on knowing) It's of rather little importance, because if we go by Galactus own words then the Heralds have a thousand part of a thousand part of his lifeforce or power, which means that a herald in order to defeat Galactus, must face a Galactus nearly dead, I mean in the miniseries about Galactus we see Galactus claiming himself to be very weak easily immobilising the surfer with the option of killing him. doesnt surfer have the power blast or the crunch blast or something like that that would be roughly equal to a god blast

also so galactus is 1 million times more powerful than surfer by his own words then, galactus stomps i guess

tribunal
doesnt surfer have the power blast or the crunch blast or something like that that would be roughly equal to a god blast

also so galactus is 1 million times more powerful than surfer by his own words then, galactus stomps i guess

there are no astablished messures to compare between the power of the godblast and surfers blast so to assume anything will be pointless

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by tribunal
there are no astablished messures to compare between the power of the godblast and surfers blast so to assume anything will be pointless didnt surfer drive tenebrous away the same way the god blast did galactus?

illadelph12
It wasn't his own power that he used. He was able to manipulate a portion of the pre-existing energies of The Crunch and use it against Tenebrous and Aegis. For an analogy, it was akin to a person redirecting the current from a river to put out a fire, and nearly drowning for the effort.

Omega Vision
didnt surfer drive tenebrous away the same way the god blast did galactus?
There were extenuating circumstances. Suffice it to say that channeling the power of the Crunch isn't something he can do anytime, anywhere.

zopzop
so are you suggestin that odin is > a full power galactus? gush when will people stop with that retarded logic of "character A beats character B because he got more impresive feats" thats so idiotic seriously

Is it really? Odin has "shaken the multiverse, made galaxies tremble, and ignited long dead stars" in his fight with Seth. This wasn't even Odin at full power. He was recovering from amnesia and his full powers weren't available to him. Odin's fought and defeated beings who've destroyed galaxies (ex : Surtur forging his sword).

Can you say the same for Galactus?

@LordofMurder

This seems like a one shot deal with him, has he replicated a feat of this magnitude anywhere else before or since? The answer is "no" right?

tribunal
Is it really? Odin has "shaken the multiverse, made galaxies tremble, and ignited long dead stars" in his fight with Seth. This wasn't even Odin at full power. He was recovering from amnesia and his full powers weren't available to him. Odin's fought and defeated beings who've destroyed galaxies (ex : Surtur forging his sword).

@LordofMurder

This seems like a one shot deal with him, has he replicated a feat of this magnitude anywhere else before or since? The answer is "no" right?

dude... seriously you are one dumb f^ck , you are trying to imply that odin can defeat a full power galactus and when people bring you galactus feats you are saying they are not valid because he did it only once? dude your retardness is over 9000

zopzop
@tribunal

So you have nothing and you result to personal insults? Awesome. So I was right. It was a one shot deal with nothing remotely approaching such a feat ever repeated again by Galactus. Thanks for playing.

tribunal
you know what? i dare you to open an odin vs galactus thread i dare you

tribunal
@tribunal

So you have nothing and you result to personal insults? Awesome. So I was right. It was a one shot deal with nothing remotely approaching such a feat ever repeated again by Galactus. Thanks for playing.

living tribunal also has less feats to suggest he is above everybody so i guess odin is much more powerful than him right?

you are a very retarded person if you use the "more feats" logic its not the numbers its the quality and galactus was able to move galaxies while being depowered you fail hard on this

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

I am not sure how you would rate the following feats, but transporting his home world (which is a solar system sized construct) from one side of the universe to the other is a pretty darn good feat...

Also, tanking a blast from Classic Beyonder rates really high as well...

Mindset

@LordofMurder

This seems like a one shot deal with him, has he replicated a feat of this magnitude anywhere else before or since? The answer is "no" right? You mean how like it was a one shot deal with Odin shaking the multiverse...

zopzop
@Tribunal

That would be a good thread except people would come in with their preconceived notions that Galactus should win for no other reason then that they want him too.

Feat vs Feat Odin trumps him easily. These feats weren't one time deals too, galaxy busting and Odin go way back. The muliverse shaking thing is a one time deal though. But it's much more recent than Galactus tping a galaxy.

zopzop
living tribunal also has less feats to suggest he is above everybody so i guess odin is much more powerful than him right?

you are a very retarded person if you use the "more feats" logic its not the numbers its the quality and galactus was able to move galaxies while being depowered you fail hard on this

Galactus moved a galaxy ONCE and never did anything approaching that level of power ever..........ever.

Odin has been busting galaxies since the mid 70s and just recently began shaking multiverses. Not bad.

TheLordofMurder
And, of course, there is always that feat where (in an alternate universe; during the Black Celestial Arc) Galactus destroys the universe with the Ultimate Nullifier...

So, yeah (IMHO) Galactus has feats beyond teleporting that galaxy away...

tribunal
Galactus moved a galaxy ONCE and never did anything approaching that level of power ever..........ever.

Odin has been busting galaxies since the mid 70s and just recently began shaking multiverses. Not bad.

his multiverse shacking is also a one shot so by your logic that feat is invalid right? because he did it only once... shows what a moron you are

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
You mean how like it was a one shot deal with Odin shaking the multiverse...

Exactly! Except the multiverse busting is much more recent than Galacuts' mere galaxy teleportation feat.

zopzop
And, of course, there is always that feat where (in an alternate universe; during the Black Celestial Arc) Galactus destroys the universe with the Ultimate Nullifier...

So, yeah (IMHO) Galactus has feats beyond teleporting that galaxy away...

That's an UN feat not Galactus.

tribunal

so now a one shot is more valid than the other because its a more recent feat? erm dude... you deserve a good facepalm

TheLordofMurder
The Ultimate Nullifier is an aspect of Galactus...

Thus Galactus gets credit for anything it can do as its apart of him...

zopzop
his multiverse shacking is also a one shot so by your logic that feat is invalid right? because he did it only once... shows what a moron you are

Let's recap so even you understand :

Galactus - TPed a galaxy once and never did anything remotely approaching that feat ever again

Odin - shook the multiverse once, busted galaxies, and ignited stars in his various fights more than once (you can even check his respect threads on this forum)

In fact, why don't we compare the various respect threads, both Galactus and Odin have them and we'll see who's more impressive.

Mindset
Exactly! Except the multiverse busting is much more recent than Galacuts' mere galaxy teleportation feat. Except there was no multiverse busting.

zopzop
The Ultimate Nullifier is an aspect of Galactus...

Thus Galactus gets credit for anything it can do as its apart of him...

laughing out loud sigh

zopzop
Except there was no multiverse busting.

My bad, I meant multiverse shaking and that's still more than Galactus has ever done.

The long dead star igniting and galaxies trembling is there too.

Mindset

Galactus - TPed a galaxy once and never did anything remotely approaching that feat ever again

Odin - shook the multiverse once, busted galaxies, and ignited stars in his various fights more than once (you can even check his respect threads on this forum)

In fact, why don't we compare the various respect threads, both Galactus and Odin have them and we'll see who's more impressive. Galactus destroyed at least 3 star systems while being almost completely drained in Annihilation.

He destroyed galaxies when he fought Tyrant.

TheLordofMurder
laughing out loud sigh

How is that funny?

It is completely true...

zopzop
Galactus destroyed at least 3 star systems while being almost completely drained in Annihilation.

He destroyed galaxies when he fought Tyrant.

I knew someone was going to bring that up.

Point one - define "star system" so we can compare it to a galaxy in size and scope

Point two - Thanos brought that up but we saw no proof on panel. To further my point, when DP Tyrant punked Galactus the first time he appeared in the Silver Surfer issue, Surfer asked Galactus why he allowed Tryant to have his way (ie keep Morg who Galactus specifically came to save). Galactus answered a war between them would wreck the universe or something to that affect.

Well, they did wind up fighting, Tyrant vs Galactus, and nothing was wrecked. Not the universe, not the galaxy the fight too place in, not the solar system, not even Galactus' ship was wrecked. It was damaged but not wrecked.

So I'm more than a little skeptical.

TheLordofMurder
I knew someone was going to bring that up.

Point one - define "star system" so we can compare it to a galaxy in size and scope

Point two - Thanos brought that up but we saw no proof on panel. To further my point, when DP Tyrant punked Galactus the first time he appeared in the Silver Surfer issue, Surfer asked Galactus why he allowed Tryant to have his way (ie keep Morg who Galactus specifically came to save). Galactus answered a war between them would wreck the universe or something to that affect.

Well, they did wind up fighting, Tyrant vs Galactus, and nothing was wrecked. Not the universe, not the galaxy the fight too place in, not the solar system, not even Galactus' ship was wrecked. It was damaged but not wrecked.

So I'm more than a little skeptical.

As I pointed out to you in a previous thread, the fight between Depowered Tyrant and Galactus was poorly written and full of PIS; Galactus created Tyrant, encountered him during the Herald Ordeal, but still "forgot" (to this day I cant believe the writer of that comic came up with this magnitude of PIS) Tyrants powerset...

So again...Depowered Tyrant vs Galactus was 10000% PIS.

zopzop
1000% PIS but canon none-the-less.

Nothing was destroyed when they threw down. Same thing happened with In-betweener vs Galactus, aside from some planetoids in the immediate vicinity being damaged, no major collateral damage occured.

tribunal
zopzop i am sorry for calling you names and acting like a jerk even if i dont agree with you still you are making nice points and i respect your argument good job man smile

Utrigita
Hmm interesting discussion, but Zopzop if Galactus feat of teleporting a galaxu is rendered invalid in your optic because of the time passed, then what relevance do the God Blast a much older feat have in this discussion?

And sure we can look at Thanos (acting as narrator) and say he is wrong because the power mentioned (destruction of Galaxies) was never shown onpanel, however neither was the ripping in the fabric of the Multiverse or destroying long dead galaxies and reigniting dead suns, what we see if Spiderman spidersense going off, yet no damage is done to earth, kinda like when Galactus fought and defeated the Sphinx, same with Galactus and Tyrant, recall that the only battle (the one that actually causes large scale Collateral damage) is done by Energy Blasts etc, not physical attacks which is what the battle between Galactus and Tyrant quickly involved into. If we however in that context look to Galactus we will see Galactus in his fight with Agamotto really causing sever damage across the multiple dimensions laying around Agamottos own, (which I believe you mentioned in another Thread was a Universe) we know this because Oshtur and Hoggoth arrived because the damage was striking them aswell. None arrived to Odin and Seth and theirs was energy blasts aswell.

In all the different encounters we have a common taint, the collateral damage isn't shown and it's Narrated, what is then the primary difference? Imo it's that the other showing we have of Odin doing universal wide damage, was retconned, while none of Galactus different statements and feats so far have been retconned. But then again if we include both sides disregarding what have been retconned the only option is to look at a incident where their power have been used either against each other or against the same foe. I dislike the Thanos example, but I think the battle between Doom with Galactus power and Odin is quite telling for the powerlevel between the atm.

But then again I believe this discussion about statements and actually shown feats have run before.

With that said, from my part, no further derail from my part smile

Galactus wins against the silver surfer, because of his own statement and also because Galactus have shown that he can immobilise the Silver Surfer with a gesture, he did the same to Nova, and he wiped the floor with Terrax while weak, and he also leveled a entire city with a single telepathic bolt forcing Terrax to his knees, the Silver Surfer won't take many of those.

Edit: Gah more text then intended.

Colossus-Big C
Is it really? Odin has "shaken the multiverse, made galaxies tremble, and ignited long dead stars" in his fight with Seth. This wasn't even Odin at full power. He was recovering from amnesia and his full powers weren't available to him. it wasnt amnesia. the egyption gods made him think he was an egyption skyfather ,odin still had his full power.

galactusischere
Galactus.

OneDumbG0
Galactus destroyed at least 3 star systems while being almost completely drained in Annihilation. It was confirmed in Thanos Imperative that Galactus actually swept the galaxy clean.

zopzop
Hmm interesting discussion, but Zopzop if Galactus feat of teleporting a galaxu is rendered invalid in your optic because of the time passed, then what relevance do the God Blast a much older feat have in this discussion?

And sure we can look at Thanos (acting as narrator) and say he is wrong because the power mentioned (destruction of Galaxies) was never shown onpanel, however neither was the ripping in the fabric of the Multiverse or destroying long dead galaxies and reigniting dead suns, what we see if Spiderman spidersense going off, yet no damage is done to earth, kinda like when Galactus fought and defeated the Sphinx, same with Galactus and Tyrant, recall that the only battle (the one that actually causes large scale Collateral damage) is done by Energy Blasts etc, not physical attacks which is what the battle between Galactus and Tyrant quickly involved into. If we however in that context look to Galactus we will see Galactus in his fight with Agamotto really causing sever damage across the multiple dimensions laying around Agamottos own, (which I believe you mentioned in another Thread was a Universe) we know this because Oshtur and Hoggoth arrived because the damage was striking them aswell. None arrived to Odin and Seth and theirs was energy blasts aswell.

In all the different encounters we have a common taint, the collateral damage isn't shown and it's Narrated, what is then the primary difference? Imo it's that the other showing we have of Odin doing universal wide damage, was retconned, while none of Galactus different statements and feats so far have been retconned. But then again if we include both sides disregarding what have been retconned the only option is to look at a incident where their power have been used either against each other or against the same foe. I dislike the Thanos example, but I think the battle between Doom with Galactus power and Odin is quite telling for the powerlevel between the atm.

But then again I believe this discussion about statements and actually shown feats have run before.

With that said, from my part, no further derail from my part smile

Galactus wins against the silver surfer, because of his own statement and also because Galactus have shown that he can immobilise the Silver Surfer with a gesture, he did the same to Nova, and he wiped the floor with Terrax while weak, and he also leveled a entire city with a single telepathic bolt forcing Terrax to his knees, the Silver Surfer won't take many of those.

Edit: Gah more text then intended.

It's not just the age of the feat, it's has he done anything similar in scope and magnitude before or since?

IMHO Galactus should be leagues of power above any Terran deity (even the Elder Gods). But Marvel has shown Odin doing things that would make Galactus blush.

If you check my post history, I tried to deny it at first. I was arguing that the narrator was using hyperbole in the Odin/Seth fight and that none of the higher ups in the cosmic scheme of things took notice of it. But then the poster I was arguing against showed scans of Odin busting galaxies before this incident. He showed that even Surtur was capable of galaxy level destruction on his own (and Odin beat Surtur).

That got me thinking and now I'm totally confused. That's why I'm skeptical if I don't see the feat on panel or that it's confirmed by beings who are sufficiently omniscient.

zopzop
zopzop i am sorry for calling you names and acting like a jerk even if i dont agree with you still you are making nice points and i respect your argument good job man smile

Meh it's ok big grin I get defensive when it comes to my favorite characters too!

Mindset
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
It was confirmed in Thanos Imperative that Galactus actually swept the galaxy clean. Well, there you go.

Galaxy destroying feat while almost completely drained.

zopzop
Well, there you go.

Galaxy destroying feat while almost completely drained.

Good, now he's slowly getting into the same league as Odin smile

Mindset
Why would he want to go down leagues to Odin's level?

TheTyrant
Good, now he's slowly getting into the same league as Odin smile

Except Doom with Galactus's power shitstomped Odin. Galactus can take hundreds of Odins by himself at a decently fed state.

Utrigita
It's not just the age of the feat, it's has he done anything similar in scope and magnitude before or since?

IMHO Galactus should be leagues of power above any Terran deity (even the Elder Gods). But Marvel has shown Odin doing things that would make Galactus blush.

If you check my post history, I tried to deny it at first. I was arguing that the narrator was using hyperbole in the Odin/Seth fight and that none of the higher ups in the cosmic scheme of things took notice of it. But then the poster I was arguing against showed scans of Odin busting galaxies before this incident. He showed that even Surtur was capable of galaxy level destruction on his own (and Odin beat Surtur).

That got me thinking and now I'm totally confused. That's why I'm skeptical if I don't see the feat on panel or that it's confirmed by beings who are sufficiently omniscient.

Teleporting Taa II the greatest energy source (according to Reed) in the universe is imo vastly superior to teleporting a Galaxy. But then again the Surfer have never showed the ability to work with the energies of a Godblast, and the Godblast have to put it mildly have lived a rather inconsistent life, Doesn't hurt Arishem but can breaks Exitar's outer Armor, can hurt and drive of Galactus but Juggarnaut laughs it off... I think no further examples are needed.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you on that, what have Odin done that would make Galactus blush?

I have checked you post history, and the poster your argued amongst others was me, however what was pointed out to you, as I recall, in the Infinity Incident, a Silver Age Feat that have been changed into Odin and his Evil Side tapping into the power of Infinity in order to perform the feats shown, atleast that is the impression given to me by the handbook, but it's a bit shady, but suffice to say that Odin's feat in the given comic was changed simply because it placed him at a level where half his powerlevel was enough to destroy the universe and thereby alone be a threat and potential enemy to Eternity. That could maybe have flown if it wasn't for Odin in other comics, in instances less sever, having asked the different leaders of the other myth Pantheons to assist him, who according to Marvel Appendix was equal to Odin. A Problem then very, very quickly emerge won't you agree? My first question would ofcause be: Then what are the abstracts doing in the universe?

And yes Surtur while Forging Twilight destroyed a Galaxy, a amped version of Surtur that Odin then defeated (at full power), so the case actually is that Odin now doesn't have a feat that comes near what Galactus on his dead bed managed to accomplish. (If you read the scan in a manner similar to ODG, it's from my point of view a matter of interpretation) but Odin atm also lacks anything that comes near having the power to destroy two universes. (annihilation Issue 5 iirc)

Skepticisme is a natural developing concept when you are on KMC, you meet people that have entirely different views on feats, characters, statements, narratations, plot devices etc. Your recent discussion with WhiteWitchKing have proved just how different you analyse the comics infront of you, and therefore you are ofcause skeptical to the others analysis of the incident. (Find OMG and GS discussion concerning "Here comes Tomorrow" in IG vs Phoenix of the white Crown I believe it was, and have a interesting read to observe a excellent example of two posters, that have the exact same material but are drawing two entirely different conclusions). I personally when looking on any character try at best to pull the characters history into the given context (maybe it's because I'm very interested in History and studies it and therefore like to draw lines) and from that draw a conclusion, it's difficult and I'm skeptical, but I've learned that when a character is doing something that have never been hinted within his powerset and only doing so once it doesn't feels plausible. Therefore I was also skeptical at Galactus breaking five cosmic cubes until I saw 1. Kubik mentioning Galactus as one of the greater powers far above him 2. Read that Doom with the power of the Cosmic Cube still considered his power infinite small in comparison to Galactus own. Those two incidents coupled with numerous statements made me believe that it was a feat within Galactus capacity, it went a bit to effortless on panel though, but it's still a feat that can be looked on as having the "backing". What is needed and will come by itself, atleast in my opinion, is the ability to distinct whether the feat/statement or whatever, falls within the characters history so far, or if it is entirely misplaced. Thanos battleling against Odin is such a example imo of a entirely misplaced showing. Another thing is move a bit away from Collateral damage, sure it's nice but Dragon Ball is a perfect (again imo) how Collateral Damage can't speak for the actual powerlevel of the character. You ofcause also have to trust the Character in question, I for instance won't trust what Loki tells me nor Cell for that matter (to stay in the Dragon Ball terminology) but I'll trust what Reed tells me, I'll have finger on the puls of Doom, same with Thanos but I will believe what they tells me, IF it's in consistancy with the mentioned characters history.

Edit: eek! another wall of text, need to stop this.

Omega Vision
It was confirmed in Thanos Imperative that Galactus actually swept the galaxy clean.
Is it safe to say then that Galactus suffers from CIS almost as much as Rhino does?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is it safe to say then that Galactus suffers from CIS almost as much as Rhino does?

All Abstracts with Universal wide Cosmic Awarness suffers from CIS, else there isn't really a story to tell.

Omega Vision
All Abstracts with Universal wide Cosmic Awarness suffers from CIS, else there isn't really a story to tell.
Cosmic Awareness has got to be the most ****ed apart concept in all comics.

Utrigita
Cosmic Awareness has got to be the most ****ed apart concept in all comics.

I'm wondering for the most part why the writers at marvel choosed to introduce a concept / power and place it in relation with beings simply neglect it in nearly all stories as soon as Earths heroes gets involved, peace be with the comic and the good guys winning but come on...

So Yeah it's pretty messed up imo.

Omega Vision
I'm wondering for the most part why the writers at marvel choosed to introduce a concept / power and place it in relation with beings simply to have it neglected in nearly all stories as soon as Earths heroes gets involved. So Yeah it's pretty messed up imo.
"I know everything, except when I don't."

Utrigita
"I know everything, except when I don't."

thumb up

Galactus (drawn in as a example because it's arguably the character I know most about) in Taa II has a Knowledge "as boundless as infinity" Narrators quote, it turned Korvac into a God.

Galactus, the same guy who can't figure out why, when he gets ported to a alternate dimension, his powers doesn't seem to function, a guy who don't know the powerset of his own creation (read Tyrant), Ad infinitum facepalm

kgkg
It's really hard to tell what a 1% Galactus is... But even in the weakest moments Galactus should be able to handle Surfer.

Omega Vision
thumb up

Galactus (drawn in as a example because it's arguably the character I know most about) in Taa II has a Knowledge "as boundless as infinity" Narrators quote, it turned Korvac into a God.

Galactus, the same guy who can't figure out why, when he gets ported to a alternate dimension, his powers doesn't seem to function facepalm
There's also the fact that Galactus shouldn't have ever allowed the FF to get their hands on the UN in their first meeting.

Utrigita
There's also the fact that Galactus shouldn't have ever allowed the FF to get their hands on the UN in their first meeting.

Well because of the Uatu interfering you could until the Abraxas incident, assume he played a part in it. But then you then saw how easily Galactus recalled the UN from Abraxas (who had been killing alternate Galactus throughout the multiverse) with a gesture, your mind raced back to the first incident between FF and Galactus and it's just a head shake.

TheTyrant
Uatu was helping the FF and back then Uatu was considered to be Galactus's equal.

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Uatu was helping the FF and back then Uatu was considered to be Galactus's equal.

Uatu considered himself Galactus equal, and that is a small difference. In the alternate Universes dealing with Uatu and Galactus engaging in battle Uatu gets handled rather easily, and yes I know it's Non Canon but it helps abit to have Uatu from 616 mention in one of the comics that the outlined scenario would have been the result had he challenged Galactus directly. A quick run over current continium, the Father of the Watchers was locked away with Tenebrous and Aegis by Galactus, not to mention the Watcher Galactus vaporised in Annihilation.

And Sorry to Colossus for derailing his thread.

Galactus for the win.

TheTyrant
Uatu considered himself Galactus equal, and that is a small difference. In the alternate Universes dealing with Uatu and Galactus engaging in battle Uatu gets handled rather easily, and yes I know it's Non Canon but it helps abit to have Uatu from 616 mention in one of the comics that the outlined scenario would have been the result had he challenged Galactus directly. A quick run over current continium, the Father of the Watchers was locked away with Tenebrous and Aegis by Galactus, not to mention the Watcher Galactus vaporised in Annihilation.

And Sorry to Colossus for derailing his thread.

Galactus for the win.

"back then Uatu was considered to be Galactus's equal."

I know of the instances you mentioned, but none of them is from mid 60s.

OneDumbG0
Is it safe to say then that Galactus suffers from CIS almost as much as Rhino does? I don't understand the question.

Are you wondering why Galactus just doesn't bust galaxies all the time in his fights?

If so, I'd venture to say that while the Galactus Event was obviously an enormously powerful blast, it wasn't very focused. Annihilus survived it after all. Doesn't seem very useful in a direct confrontation except when you want to wipe out an entire galaxy.

Colossus-Big C
if the same person who wrote classic odin seth and surtur wrote people like galactus eternity etc you would see what there true power levels are

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheTyrant
"back then Uatu was considered to be Galactus's equal."

I know of the instances you mentioned, but none of them is from mid 60s.

I just mentioned because from your post I gained the impression that you mentioned it as a narrators comment, while it wasn't, that was all.

Omega Vision
I don't understand the question.

Are you wondering why Galactus just doesn't bust galaxies all the time in his fights?

If so, I'd venture to say that while the Galactus Event was obviously an enormously powerful blast, it wasn't very focused. Annihilus survived it after all. Doesn't seem very useful in a direct confrontation except when you want to wipe out an entire galaxy.
No I'm wondering why he can get run-off by Thor's Godblast if even at next to no power he can bust a Galaxy. Maybe its more of a matter of PIS than CIS.

Black bolt z

In fact, why don't we compare the various respect threads, both Galactus and Odin have them and we'll see who's more impressive. Busting multple galaxies with ease?

Black bolt z
Is it safe to say then that Galactus suffers from CIS almost as much as Rhino does? No not quite as much.Eternity is on the same level as rhino.Galactus is more around creel level.

Power Cosmic II
No I'm wondering why he can get run-off by Thor's Godblast if even at next to no power he can bust a Galaxy. Maybe its more of a matter of PIS than CIS.

The Godblast is a really an early "feat" in Galactus' history. That chit happened more than 40 years ago, and hasn't happened since. That's not to say that it's to be dismissed, but 40 years ago Galactus wasn't as powerful, important, or hell didn't even have the same origin as he does now.

Case in point, he called Ego the Living Planet the most powerful opponent he ever faced in that same godblast issue. Clearly...that's no longer the case, as G's power has increased accordingly.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
The Godblast is a really an early "feat" in Galactus' history. That chit happened more than 40 years ago, and hasn't happened since. That's not to say that it's to be dismissed, but 40 years ago Galactus wasn't as powerful, important, or hell didn't even have the same origin as he does now.

Case in point, he called Ego the Living Planet the most powerful opponent he ever faced in that same godblast issue. Clearly...that's no longer the case, as G's power has increased accordingly.
I wonder why one Kirby creation (Galactus) starts out as a Skyfather and gets upgraded to Abstract while another creation (Darkseid) also starts off as a Skyfather but ends up being downgraded...until FC where its revealed he's also an Abstract.

Power Cosmic II
I wonder why one Kirby creation (Galactus) starts out as a Skyfather and gets upgraded to Abstract while another creation (Darkseid) also starts off as a Skyfather but ends up being downgraded...until FC where its revealed he's also an Abstract.

Kirby intended for Galactus to be above Odin and the "mythological" figures.

Pulled from wiki (a quote which I myself put into the article)

referring to Galactus and his creation, SS. Note that Kirby already created Thor and Odin prior to Galactus and SS.

Colossus-Big C

Case in point, he called Ego the Living Planet the most powerful opponent he ever faced in that same godblast issue. Clearly...that's no longer the case, as G's power has increased accordingly. ego was taking on celestials on two occassions IIRC
some thing i have yet to see galactus do

Colossus-Big C
Kirby intended for Galactus to be above Odin and the "mythological" figures.

Pulled from wiki (a quote which I myself put into the article)

referring to Galactus and his creation, SS. Note that Kirby already created Thor and Odin prior to Galactus and SS. that quote is clearly not true though

look at this quote

Mindset
that quote is clearly not true though

look at this quote facepalm

Colossus-Big C
facepalm he brought up a quote also why did you only facepalm me erm

Utrigita
he brought up a quote also why did you only facepalm me erm

Maybe because his quote has a bit higher credibility then yours, unless yours are also from a interview with Jack Kirby.

Colossus-Big C
Maybe because his quote has a bit higher credibility then yours, unless yours are also from a interview with Jack Kirby. no but at the bottom of the page they have the refrence to its comic

Omega Vision
no but at the bottom of the page they have the refrence to its comic
There are few people in comicdom who's word/opinion I'd say could even rival that of Jack Kirby, especially regarding his own characters.

Utrigita
no but at the bottom of the page they have the refrence to its comic

Who have given the comment you used?

Colossus-Big C
Who have given the comment you used? i dont really use fanmade bios and stuff but the website has all the comic refrences to the things on there

Utrigita
i dont really use fanmade bios and stuff but the website has all the comic refrences to the things on there

The thing is CB, as I see it, the facepalm was a reaction to you using a quote from a unknown source to invalidate a quote from Jack Kirby.

Colossus-Big C
The thing is CB, as I see it, the facepalm was a reaction to you using a quote from a unknown source to invalidate a quote from Jack Kirby. oh didnt know that

OneDumbG0
No I'm wondering why he can get run-off by Thor's Godblast if even at next to no power he can bust a Galaxy. Maybe its more of a matter of PIS than CIS. Because it wasn't worth the effort to deal with Thor AND Ego?

Utrigita
oh didnt know that

np.

Omega Vision
Because it wasn't worth the effort to deal with Thor AND Ego?
So he's lazy? stick out tongue

Power Cosmic II
that quote is clearly not true though

look at this quote

The quote I supplied is from Jack Kirby. I put that into the Galactus article.

The content you gave is from a wiki editor named David A who has admitted in the past to writing totally fallacious entries, puts edits in from memory without research, and has compared fans of Galactus to followers of Hitler.

No joke.

That should tell you the source of that POS entry that you just gave. No offense to you of course.

zopzop
The content you gave is from a wiki editor named David A who has admitted in the past to writing totally fallacious entries, puts edits in from memory without research, and has compared fans of Galactus to followers of Hitler.

WTH? Are you joking around or are you serious? Because if you are serious that guy needs to check into a mental hospital, sheesh.

But after reading that Kirby quote I'm a little relieved. Galactus most definitely is above a skyfather.

Utrigita

wow.

Colossus-Big C
The quote I supplied is from Jack Kirby. I put that into the Galactus article.

No joke.

That should tell you the source of that POS entry that you just gave. No offense to you of course. how did you know that? anyway i didnt know

Power Cosmic II
WTH? Are you joking around or are you serious? Because if you are serious that guy needs to check into a mental hospital, sheesh.

But after reading that Kirby quote I'm a little relieved. Galactus most definitely is above a skyfather. Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how did you know that? anyway i didnt know

I know because this particular guy has tried to impose his biased view on the Galactus article for the better part of 2 years. I log on every couple of months to see and then it just becomes a whole process of editing, arguing, etc. And when I say "biased" i don't mean the bias that people here on KMC accuse other people of being. I mean that this guy has flat out said he does not like Galactus because the character validates the nihilism and machiavellian principles of Adolf Hitler, and that any fans of the character therefore agree with such principles.

So no, I am not making it up, and this guy def has an agenda, which is why I know where that edit comes from.

Anyway I dont want to derail the thread further.

G @ 1%...who knows what that is. The weakest he has been recently is in Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter when he was still feeling the after-affects of annihilation and BRB started blowing up the planets he was about to feed on. In that story a space armada was said to be likely able to kill him. That being said, Stardust and SS were insufficient to stop that armada.

P.S. If any of you guys are interested...here is where I got that entire quote from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50Mjdsh_iw

documentary with an interview with Jack Kirby...not just about Galactus but his other creations from Marvel and DC. About how creating Galactus inspired him to make characters like the New Gods, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.