True Grit (2010)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
The Coen brothers' new film is a remake of "True Grit." It stars Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Josh Brolin.

Not excited yet? Watch the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uco41pOKeJg

STILL not excited? Well, I dunno, I guess there's something wrong with you.

I saw a longer/better trailer for this movie when I went to see The Social Network tonight; I'm eagerly anticipating this film; it'll be a good Christmas treat.

The Nuul
Nice.

MildPossession
It's an adapation of the original book, I look forwards to it, Coen Brothers are perfect for this kind of film!

Robtard
Coen Bros + The Dude, this is something I'll watch in the theaters. Great cast overall.

BruceSkywalker
loved the original john wayne classic..

dunno if i will see this just yet

Impediment
The question is can Bridges pull off what John Wayne did?

The Nuul
He is a good actor, we'll shall see.

SnakeEyes
I haven't seen the original; is it any good?

Impediment
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I haven't seen the original; is it any good?

It's a true John Wayne classic. I urge you to see it, sir.

Darth Martin
Doubt they can top No Country For Old Men. That was masterpiece caliber.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Impediment

I will do so with great haste!

Robtard
The question is can Bridges pull off what John Wayne did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN-j4GDqjv4&feature=related

Bridges can do a 878.65% better performance. /fact

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Robtard
Bridges can do a 878.65% better performance. /fact

Agreed.

The Nuul
I also agree but the Wayne fanboys will not. Clint is the best western actor.

SnakeEyes
New trailer I mentioned is online - http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/04/movie-trailer-full-theatrical-trailer-arrives-for-true-grit/

The Nuul
Much better music and trailer.

Impediment
The trailer was cool, but I still have my reservations. Especially since Maaaaattt Daaammmonn is in the cast.

Robtard
The trailer was cool, but I still have my reservations. Especially since Maaaaattt Daaammmonn is in the cast.

Oh come on, despite his distracting fivehead, Damon's a good actor in most roles.

Impediment
I guess I can say that this film will be good.

Still, the original was one of the first JW films I have ever seen. I hope that the Coens do it justice.

MildPossession
Of course they will. But really, it's do the BOOK justice.

Robtard
What a sob.

T.M
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/True_Grit_Poster.jpg

That poster is badass.

Impediment
I really want to see this scene in the upcoming flick:

dKThgLq21Rc

rimmy8788
I am waiting eagerly for this movie. It is releasing on 25th of December on Christmas eve. I will watch it on the same day.

The Nuul
God, that was horrible. Clint stomps his ass, hes the best western actor of all time.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
God, that was horrible. Clint stomps his ass, hes the best western actor of all time.

Amen.

eQt5WPQTwN0

BruceSkywalker
i am just not sold on josh brolin nor matt damon in this, but if someone changes my mind, i'm game

The Nuul
I think Matt will be fine, Josh is a good actor, he will do good.

The Nuul
Getting great reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/true-grit-2010/

General_Iroh
Saw this tonight, it was great. The whole cast really outdid themselves. It's very closely tied into the original film, with a few changes, it's a bit more violent, understandably. But it also seems to have a surprising amount of humor in it simply from Cogburn's mannerisms. My only actual complaint would be that Jeff Bridges had such a strong accent for the part that at times it's very hard to understand just what exactly he's saying. That becomes pretty evident at the court scene near the beginning, other than that he was perfect for the role though, and while I realize it may be borderline blasphemy I thought he did a better job as Cogburn than the Duke.

quanchi112
It's a true John Wayne classic. I urge you to see it, sir. I just found out it was a remake. I want to see this one first and then the original to compare.

The Nuul
Short movie but its probably a good thing.

Good movie and worth the buy.

The only acting I didnt think was well is from Matt, even Berry did good, Jeff was Great. Josh's role is more like an cameo which is disappointing but his acting was good.

8/10

RandiDude
Not a good film.

The Nuul
Oh and Hailee Steinfeld for an young up coming actress was great.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie is boring. It's not necessarily a bad film but it just feels like nothing of consequence ever happens. The characters aren't even that interesting, aside from the little girl. My recommendation on this one is to pass.

General_Iroh
Short movie but its probably a good thing.

Good movie and worth the buy.

The only acting I didnt think was well is from Matt, even Berry did good, Jeff was Great. Josh's role is more like an cameo which is disappointing but his acting was good.

8/10
What didn't you like about Matt Damon?

Also I'd just like to point this out because it bothered me, at the end she says a quarter of a century is a long time, and says that LaBoeuf would be close to seventy or eighty. Which makes me wonder just how old he was actually supposed to be? Either Damon and Glenn were miscast or the Coen Brothers dropped the ball on that erm

The Nuul
Damon's LaBoeuf felt empty, like a robot....no feeling in the acting. Bridges felt like he put more into the character, it felt more real and in depth.

Umm...didnt noticed thqat last part but LaBoeuf didnt look that old.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This movie is boring. It's not necessarily a bad film but it just feels like nothing of consequence ever happens. The characters aren't even that interesting, aside from the little girl. My recommendation on this one is to pass.

erm This isn't even out in AUS yet,but I'm leaning towards a rental at the moment

General_Iroh
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm This isn't even out in AUS yet,but I'm leaning towards a rental at the moment
I'd say it's definitely worth going to the theaters to see man, most reviews are saying it's great and pretty much everyone I know that's seen it has thought it was great.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by General_Iroh
I'd say it's definitely worth going to the theaters to see man, most reviews are saying it's great and pretty much everyone I know that's seen it has thought it was great.

smokin' Ok,Thanks for the advice man,I'm going through a bit of a financial crisis at the moment,but if I have the spare cash,I might go see it.

Sadako of Girth
I thought it was great too.
Well worth the admission.

BruceSkywalker
saw this last night.. will always love the original, this was good though..

Hailee Steinfeld steals the show

Mr Parker
just saw this movie over the weekend,total shitfest,boring as hell and a waste of time.I would recommend people to save your money on this one despite the casting of two good actors Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges.

Mr Parker

I havent seen it either.will have to sometime,im sure its much better than this crapfest was. sick

Mr Parker
I also agree but the Wayne fanboys will not. Clint is the best western actor.

very true about Eastwood being the best western actor. Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Saw it. Liked it. 7/10.

Robtard
I'm about there with you, enjoyable, but not great. I did have high expectations though.

Samurai100
qo-RDJb4W28
anyone else seen this I thought it was pretty damn awesome

Impediment
Merged with existing thread.

Please remember to search for a possible existing thread before making a new thread, Samurai100. Thanks.

Samurai100
ok sry

Impediment
It's cool. If you don't know how to use this crazy search engine, just let me know and I'll tell you how to find the optimal results.

Carpp
never liked jeff bridges, ill pass =(

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Carpp
never liked jeff bridges, ill pass =(

This is a factually incorrect opinion. Jeff Bridges is the man.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by H. S. 6
This is a factually incorrect opinion. Jeff Bridges is the Dude.
Fixed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr Parker
just saw this movie over the weekend,total shitfest,boring as hell and a waste of time.I would recommend people to save your money on this one despite the casting of two good actors Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges.

You recommending movies to folks that;ll be a first.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Fixed.

Well played.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.