Itachi vs Minato

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Location is on the bridge(?) where Sasuke fought Danzo.

If you guys think it'll make a difference then we can have Itachi with his random illness and without. They get summons, equipment, blah di blah blah etc.

Q99
Good one smile And yea, I do think Itachi's illness would matter. With it, I'd definitely bet on Minato who could outlast his susano'o if he tried it for sure. Without... tough call.

RLAAMJR.
I voted for Minato cos even though he looks not powerful, he has stopped the nine tails

Bentley
I don't recall most of things Minato did, anyone care to write the most important stuff?

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't recall most of things Minato did, anyone care to write the most important stuff?

Most important stuff: When fighting Madara, he pretty much won via speed and rasengan. He also time-space'd away a full strength 9-tails menace ball, and he's beaten 40 ninja in an eyeblink. Without a doubt Minato the Yellow Flash is the fastest ninja we've seen.

He's all about speed and teleporting, whether himself or an attack, and has good seals too (when briefly in HtH with Madara, he used a seal to break control of Kyubi).

And as an ultimate trump/suicide move, he can summon the death god, the same one Hiruzen used against Orochimaru and the two zombie kages, to steal a target's soul at the cost of his own.

NemeBro
Minato can quite possibly use a time/space jutsu to literally remove it from Itachi. Or maybe I just made that up.

King Kandy
It depends on whether Itachi can get Minato to make eye contact.

Q99
Minato is from the day when Uchiha are around, so he probably has some familiarity with sharingan tactics.

NemeBro
Originally posted by King Kandy
It depends on whether Itachi can get Minato to make eye contact. Minato being bested by even Tsukiyomi seems unlikely IMO...

menokokoro
Originally posted by NemeBro
Minato being bested by even Tsukiyomi seems unlikely IMO... agree, he would probably have a way out of that...but since we don't know, its really hard to say.

I really like both of these characters, and I rank them both about the same as far as skill and power....this is a really tough one. Unless Minato has a definitive way out of an illusion though, Itachi takes it, if just barely. But if he can get out of it, he could speed blitz itachi and pull his sole out, if it gets to that point that is.....oh wait, but there is susanoo....DAMNIT!

menokokoro
ok, i've been thinking about it. and i have decided, THEY NEED TO DO MORE WITH MINATO! There is very little info on his abilities, I mean Jiraya was amazing, and he showed off quite a few of his abilities, and wasn't minato supposed to be much better than him?

Also, now i think about it, Itachi was afraid of Jiraya...So keeping THAT in mind, I would say that minato would win. But if it is strictly off feats seen, I would say itachi takes it fairly easily

Q99
Originally posted by menokokoro
ok, i've been thinking about it. and i have decided, THEY NEED TO DO MORE WITH MINATO! There is very little info on his abilities, I mean Jiraya was amazing, and he showed off quite a few of his abilities, and wasn't minato supposed to be much better than him?

Not necessarily much better, but much more talented and who came up with some great jutsu that probably made him overall more dangerous.

I mean, one of Jiraiya's main attacks, the Rasengan, was invented by Minato. Meaning Jiraiya was so impressed he incorporated it into his own style.

And of course the FTG jutsu allowed Minato to be utterly devastating in the war and hard for anyone to fight.

The one area he seemed to lack, though, was firepower/strength, an area Jiraiya seemed to have more. Probably total chakra too, as the Toad Sage is pretty good in that area.

menokokoro
yeah that is a good point....i keep on thinking that he could go sage mode too, cuz i mean he could summon the toads too, but he hasn't shown to do that

Q99
Sage mode specifically requires a very strong constitution and all that. He might've eventually learned it, but he wasn't a Jiraiya/Naruto type so it would've been harder on him.

King Kandy
Originally posted by NemeBro
Minato being bested by even Tsukiyomi seems unlikely IMO...
Why not? I don't see anything that would lead me to believe he could break out of it.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Nephthys
Location is on the bridge(?) where Sasuke fought Danzo.

If you guys think it'll make a difference then we can have Itachi with his random illness and without. They get summons, equipment, blah di blah blah etc.

Too little info on Minato to properly make a decision IMO. We also don't know just how powerful Itachi is when he's serious.

All we know about Minato is that he is insanely fast even without his FTG tech (Itachi should have no problem following him though), has seal techniques & Space-Time techs, and the Rasengan.
We've only seen a couple of his sealing techniques, and his two of his Space Time Techs.

I don't think Minato has any way to get past Susano'o, not unless he marks Itachi with the FTG seal.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I don't think Minato has any way to get past Susano'o, not unless he marks Itachi with the FTG seal. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to, I mean he did it to madara

Demonic Phoenix
Well yes, but he'd have to do it before Itachi brings out Susano'o.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.