Galen Marek vs The Lich King Ner'zhul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Marek can use all his Force powers at their fullest strength and so can the Lich King. Marek is armed with 2 lightsabers as in the trailer for TFU2 and his showing in said trailer will be used as canon as well as actual canon. Though if you feel thats unfair then say so and I may reconsider. The Lich King is armed only with Frostmorne and the feats from his universe.

They fight in the Tomb of Ragnos from the excellent Jedi Knight series.

Heythere,Honey
How strong are TFU dude's Force powers?

Utrigita
Pretty strong, but of rather little consequance when Galen Marek is largely incapable of damaging the Lich King.

Nephthys
Heres a good showing of Galen's Force powers and some speed in action. Heres the infamous Star Destroyer scene. Notice how at 4.19 he punts the tip downwards. For reference here's a wiki page on Star Destroyers. Heres an alternate version.

And why can't he damage the Lich King? I don't recall anything like that popping up before.

Utrigita
Because the Lich King can place his body in the spirit realm, beyond that the Lich king has a daemonic armor that protects him, but what makes this fight very simple is that the Lich King can rip out Starkillers soul out, and unless I missed something Starkiller can do nothing to prevent it.

NemeBro
Galen Marek can pop the Lich King with a gesture though before he can do anything. smile

Utrigita
Now you just find me a little clip where Starkiller actually does that to another forceuser or better yet find a movie where he force push a guys head off or crush the non vital heart in the Lich King's body.

And him popping the Lich King will be kinda hard when all his body functions are disabled, yes the Lich King can do that aswell smile

NemeBro
Originally posted by Utrigita
Now you just find me a little clip where Starkiller actually does that to another forceuser smile

And him popping the Lich King will be kinda hard when all his body functions are disabled, yes the Lich King can do that aswell smile I can show you him pulling a Star Destroyer from orbit. He was able to manhandle Darth Vader, one of the strongest Sith evar.

Basic Force ability, won't work, easily defended against by someone of Galen Marek's calibur.

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro
I can show you him pulling a Star Destroyer from orbit. He was able to manhandle Darth Vader, one of the strongest Sith evar.

Basic Force ability, won't work, easily defended against by someone of Galen Marek's calibur.

Yes that you can, I can also show you the comic in which Galen only assisted the Star Destroyer in it's decent (seeing as the Rail Gun had fired straight through it.) One thing both the Comic and the Game agree on though is that Malek was incapable of stopping the Star Destroyer when it was moving towards him on the ground, something that should be easier to accomplish. And Ner'Zhul had his power increased over 9000.

I might have missed the part where a basic force ability was a magical sphere instantly created that disables everything apart from eyes and ears.

NemeBro
Yes that you can, I can also show you the comic in which Galen only assisted the Star Destroyer in it's decent (seeing as the Rail Gun had fired straight through it.) One thing both the Comic and the Game agree on though is that Malek was incapable of stopping the Star Destroyer when it was moving towards him on the ground, something that should be easier to accomplish. And Ner'Zhul had his power increased over 9000.

I might have missed the part where a basic force ability was a magical sphere instantly created that disables everything apart from eyes and ears. And yet a Star Destoyer is still much larger and more durable than the Lich King, being able to budge it proves he is greater.

Force Stun/Stasis. Basic Force power. Takes a different form but does the same thing.

Nephthys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKINNdmISaI

1.36 he cubes an AT-ST. Note that the thing is probably made from Durasteel, a material 300,000 times harder than regular steel.

He also cubes the robot thing at 3.15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBclswT2AI

Utrigita
And yet a Star Destoyer is still much larger and more durable than the Lich King, being able to budge it proves he is greater.

Force Stun/Stasis. Basic Force power. Takes a different form but does the same thing.

Wonderful logic, I wonder why he didn't simply pwn Palpatine completely in the non canon ending, where he as far as I recall failed in stopping the Rogue Shadow.

And Starkiller showed the ability to use this technique which is developed in Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic when, and what exactly speaks to him being capable of resisting a magic spell, like you indirectly claim he can?

NemeBro
Wonderful logic, I wonder why he didn't simply pwn Palpatine completely in the non canon ending, where he was far as I recall failed in stopping the Rogue Shadow.

And Starkiller showed the ability to use this technique which is developed in Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic when, and what exactly speaks to him being capable of resisting a magic spell, like you indirectly claim he can? Probably because Palpatine is even more powerful, since he has lifted a similarly sized, maybe larger ship with the Force. The fact that he could fight him at all is a good showing. So no, failing to stop the Rogue Shadow which was under Palpatine's (See one of or THE strongest Sith ever) control is not a bad feat.

I do not recall if he has shown the ability to use it, but the idea of one of the strongest Force users ever being susceptible to it is silly, no? Ah good old magic. Tell me, is a fireball inherently more powerful when created through magic? If it is just as hot as a fireball created from non-magical sources, will the magical fireball win?

Utrigita
Probably because Palpatine is even more powerful, since he has lifted a similarly sized, maybe larger ship with the Force. The fact that he could fight him at all is a good showing. So no, failing to stop the Rogue Shadow which was under Palpatine's (See one of or THE strongest Sith ever) control is not a bad feat.

I do not recall if he has shown the ability to use it, but the idea of one of the strongest Force users ever being susceptible to it is silly, no? Ah good old magic. Tell me, is a fireball inherently more powerful when created through magic? If it is just as hot as a fireball created from non-magical sources, will the magical fireball win?

Speaks in direct opposite to what the producer said concerning Starkiller, that he more or less is a clone of Luke and Luke has the full potential of his father who injuried was 80% of the emperor, and seeing how the Emperor never managed to perform a telekinetic feat near what Galen accomplished atleast not that I'm aware of, the circumstance that Sidious could defeat him with the Rogue Shadow speaks more towards Galen Marek not being quite as powerful as you would like to perceive him as. It's inconsistency when it's finest.

The idea of a Force User using a ability that he has never shown to use nor have said ability never been shown to him, it's also in a entirely different time and teaching under a sith lord that isn't interested in teaching his student to pacify his opponent, to then suggest that he can use said ability when nothing points towards it would be silly. Irrelevant comparison, the matter in this comparison is that where Starkiller will be capable of fighting a forceuser locking his body, because said forceuser will be using the force to accomplish said feat. A magic user won't be using the force and will thus use a type of energy beyond the control of Starkiller.

ares834
Speaks in direct opposite to what the producer said concerning Starkiller, that he more or less is a clone of Luke and Luke has the full potential of his father who injuried was 80% of the emperor
That's non-canon.

You are seriously underestimating Sidious here. Sidious has been shown to rip apart entire fleets with his force storms... Regardless the Dark Side ending is non-canon so using that to debate is inherently flawed.

Utrigita
Originally posted by ares834
That's non-canon.

You are seriously underestimating Sidious here. Sidious has been shown to rip apart entire fleets with his force storms... Regardless the Dark Side ending is non-canon so using that to debate is inherently flawed.

It's not non canon that Galen Marek is looked upon by the writer as being a clone of Luke Skywalker in terms of powerlevel is it?

I'm fully aware of what Sidious accomplished in Dark Empire and that atleast two source books stats him as being the strongest Sithlord, what I'm pointing out is that the Sidious that Galen Marek fought is a different one, from DE Sidious, but I might have forgotten Sidious throwing around a Force Storm or two before the battle at Endor?

And I'm fully aware of it as being non Canon, I'm merely highlighting that being capable of pulling down a Star Destroyer (as awesome as it sounds) isn't = Win, kinda like when Yoda in Star Wars Clone Wars on the attack of Coruscant made 4 transport ships collide, that doesn't as far as I'm aware give a auto win either.

Either way getting to old for this, enjoy the debate guys smile

Nephthys
It was said that Starkiler was what Luke would have been if Vader had raised him, not that they have they same powerlevel. And its worth noting that Luke's potential powerlevel is that of Anakins, which is twice as powerful as Sidious' own who by himself is already the most powerful Force user in history, capable of mindraping millions and rending time and space with a thought. And current Luke can pwn the effects of super-massive black hole's, has telepathy that stretches across the galaxy, can make an entire planet invisible and tear castles apart brick by brick and then put it back together again the same way.

So nothing exactly to sneeze at.

Demonic Phoenix
Can't the Lich King summon up an army to distract Galen?

I still give the odds to Galen though.

Nephthys
Army summoning sounds pretty unfair. This is Galen vs the Lich King not Galen vs The Scourge. By right of my thread-starter powar, I rule that he can't pull that shite.

Demonic Phoenix
Well, you did state that the Lich King could use his powers to the fullest as per the OP. Summoning/creating an army of undead is a part of his powerset.

Fair enough, you're the TC, even though you did just hose the LK. stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Wasn't there a Force Unleashed novel and in it said that Galen popped somebody's brain with the Force?

Nephthys
He blew up a Bull Rancor's head yeah. But only with a Force repulse after he'd leapt into the things mouth. Though cubing an AT-ST>popping someones head.

NemeBro
I'd like point out I am the most subtle troll ever, Ult had no idea. 131

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Nephthys
He blew up a Bull Rancor's head yeah. But only with a Force repulse after he'd leapt into the things mouth. Though cubing an AT-ST>popping someones head.

I was thinking that if Lich King's armor was as tough as exaggerated WoW fans thought, Galen could just use the Force to make LK's brain explode so he would die and revert back to spirit form. Him in spirit form would mean he lost, right?

Nephthys
Is his armor 300,000x tougher that steel? Cuz both Vader and Marek have wrecked that shit before.

Dunno, what does being in spirit form entail?

Utrigita
I'd like point out I am the most subtle troll ever, Ult had no idea. 131

Oh yes I did, hence the reason why I couldn't be asked stick out tongue

The evar part was quite telling Nemebro and kinda gave you away wink

Nephthys
Whoops, missed this:

Summoning is out (cuz of the reason I listed before but also the location is outside the WOWverse so he's cut off from his army), but I see nothing wrong with creating an army of the undead. So he can have that. Let my will be done!

Darth Truculent
Another Force vs Magic thread. It can be argued that magic is another form of the Force (see Sith Sorcerey).

Utrigita, Vader was suppossed to be what Luke is if he didn't take a swan dive after Obi-Wan and get his legs lopped off.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Another Force vs Magic thread. It can be argued that magic is another form of the Force (see Sith Sorcerey).

Utrigita, Vader was suppossed to be what Luke is if he didn't take a swan dive after Obi-Wan and get his legs lopped off.

NemeBro
Galen Marek with a single pulse of Force powah apparently vaporised the forest he was in and every Storm Trooper in the area, only Vader himself was unscathed.

So... Yeah.

Utrigita
Galen Marek with a single pulse of Force powah apparently vaporised the forest he was in and every Storm Trooper in the area, only Vader himself was unscathed.

So... Yeah.

in SW:FU II?

I don't recall the scene in FU I.

NemeBro
Was in the commercial actually. no expression

Nephthys
Yeah, I don't recall that scene either. Unless you're talking about the trailer I posted on page one. Though Galen has done insane things with the force, like obliterating hundreds of junk-bots in a single force-push, contemplating destroying the junk jedi temple with another single push, causing a literal earthquake in a sky-hook which reaches orbit which shatters it among other simply redonkulous things.

Utrigita
Was in the commercial actually. no expression

Ahh, just watched the given minutes in the movies on the previous page smile

Utrigita
Just read the comic not sure on whether I should cry or puke.

Nephthys
FU1 or 2? Any good feats?

SpadeKing
Yeah, I don't recall that scene either. Unless you're talking about the trailer I posted on page one. Though Galen has done insane things with the force, like obliterating hundreds of junk-bots in a single force-push, contemplating destroying the junk jedi temple with another single push, causing a literal earthquake in a sky-hook which reaches orbit which shatters it among other simply redonkulous things.

I believe he meant this one

uLZTACMuMBU

Nephthys
Fffffff****! I've never even seen that before. Christ I loath that overpowered prick (even though I've been heavily endorsing him in this thread).

NemeBro
It's not really all that compared to certain other SW characters.

Nephthys
I guess. sad

Utrigita
FU1 or 2? Any good feats?

2, and yes but the majority of the story focuses on Boba Fett. It's available in the webstrip thread in star wars expanded universe.

And to be honest I looth the way the Lich King have been hyped, the same way you loath Starkiller, the only really good thing about Starkiller is that they have to kill the little **** of eventually, I hope Vader rams him through with a Lightsaber or shows superior forceskill or something...

Nephthys
no expression

Utrigita
no expression

reread post smile

Nephthys
It was more about the Boba Fett thing. He's simply the blandest, most boring, overhyped character in Star Wars. I liked TFU because it was reasonably new and fresh. Boba Fett swaggering around making the fans shit out cash is annoying to me.

menokokoro
I don't see why galen can't win this, well, besides the whole "only an incredibly powerful holy magic user can fight him" thing (in the raid fight, he kills everyone and then....WHY DO I FORGET HIS NAME!? whats his face comes in and subdues him and rezes everyone again) im assuming that that wouldn't be allowed, since that isn't really fair. so I think galen is powerful enough to overwhelm the lk. though if it was up to me, I would have made him more powerful than he actually is, his history is just so misleading

syrymflash
plz people, lets end this. cuz even 40 men , human, I'm not talking about some powerful creations, I'm talking about people human being can rape Lich King's ass. Galen is going throw his lightsaber wich will cuz Lich King, his dragon ,and all bossed in Lich King's instance.smile Flawless victory.

NemeBro
Please shut up and go away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.