Is WWIII Inevitable ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
if so does that mean nuclear holocost is Inevitable?
so pretty much humanity is going to end themselfs one day

Symmetric Chaos
Yes, there will probably be another World War in the future. I don't think it will be a nuclear exchange, nukes make the target area unlivable for decades and make you look really bad. Communications and cyberwarfare as additions to conventional troops are already becoming the future.

Bicnarok
nope,more likely some reliogous will nuts get hold of a nuke. If that happens and they use one, then it is unpredictable how the West would react. Islam itself might cease to exist and they might try and ban religion seeing as it could be deamed the core of the problem.

The Dark Cloud
Yes, exploding populations and dwindling resources like oil and water make another major war probable. Whether it'll be nuclear or now I have no clue.

Dr Mystery
I think the war on terror could be classed as WW3, if not now then perhaps by future generations.

Omega Vision
There's a famous quote by Albert Einstein (or at least attributed to him, it's hard to tell what's really from his mouth with all the misattributions he receives) that says something to the effect of "I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but I know that World War IV will be fought with rocks and sticks."
Originally posted by Bicnarok
nope,more likely some reliogous will nuts get hold of a nuke. If that happens and they use one, then it is unpredictable how the West would react. Islam itself might cease to exist and they might try and ban religion seeing as it could be deamed the core of the problem.
Banning religion? Sounds like the plot of a terrible Sci-Fi Dystopian novel.

All but the most myopic and idiotic of Western leaders would see that banning Islam (if it were even possible) won't solve the problem, just worsen it.

Not to defend Islamic terrorists, but a major reason why they're doing what they're doing is that they feel threatened by the West, and a global "ban" on Islam or religion in general would only strengthen their cause.

Mindship
It was said that on September 11, 2001, three things began...
- The George Bush presidency
- the 21st century
- WWIII

As for the last two, the best is yet to come.

Lord Lucien
A third world war is statistically inevitable. Human conflict on a national scale is constant, and will eventually spill over in to war. In this highly globalized age, no one could stay "neutral" in the traditional Swiss sense. It'll likely not be nuclear, as the a "World War" is going to involve at least one nuclear nation squaring off against others. MAD would only result in very... very extreme circumstances; religious fanatics, political zealots etc. By definition, a world war needs only a large majority of major nations to be involved in a conflict with one another. It doesn't need to be nuclear, or even as costly or epic as WWII.

Colossus-Big C
i think a nuke would accidentaly go off or a terrorst use it some time in the future

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think a nuke would accidentaly go off

Effectively impossible.

or a terrorst use it some time in the future

Maybe. There are some missing Soviet nukes but those are old. Getting them in working condition might be hard and moving them discreetly seems almost impossible.

jinXed by JaNx
Our past has taught us that war is inevitable. As the world becomes smaller and nations become more united in foreign policies then it becomes more an more likely that a nations conflict with another can easily spiral out of control into a world war. Although, even when we consider how easily a world war can happen i don't think we'll see one anytime soon but i'm sure there are wars on the horizon, wars that may very well affect the world. I'm sure the next large scale war will involve sophisticated bio warfare. I think it's more likely that you will see warfare in the way of natural disasters that essentially cripple a nation. These disasters will appear as natural but are actually an attack. you could see something like an EMP knocking out a countries entire electrical grid, some type of weather manipulation, bio warfare..,etc.

Widespread conflict precipitated by the ecological crisis is a distinct possibilty, but struggle between 2 blocs of allies seems unlikely. The political factors that generated the first two wars are not going to repeat themselves either, colonial rule and the rivalry between imperialistic nations have ended, even considering imperialism has survived in different forms, such rivalry is considered absent in most current political analysis such as superimperialism. Nuclear war is also unlikely.

Omega Vision
Depending on your perspective WWIII already happened.

The Seven Years War (or in America the French and Indian War) was fought on several continents and involved almost all of the World's Great powers at the time in some form or another.

ADarksideJedi
Maybe but I don't see that happening.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Depending on your perspective WWIII already happened.

The Seven Years War (or in America the French and Indian War) was fought on several continents and involved almost all of the World's Great powers at the time in some form or another. oh

Bicnarok

Omega Vision

Symmetric Chaos

Omega Vision
I love how there's seemingly a notion that if any nuke goes off anywhere for any reason all nations packing atomic heat will reflexively fire off all their nukes in random directions. laughing out loud

inimalist
I love how there's seemingly a notion that if any nuke goes off anywhere for any reason all nations packing atomic heat will reflexively fire off all their nukes in random directions. laughing out loud

well, no, but the consequence is the conventionalization of nuclear arms.

Colossus-Big C
I love how there's seemingly a notion that if any nuke goes off anywhere for any reason all nations packing atomic heat will reflexively fire off all their nukes in random directions. laughing out loud lets say a nuke goes off in russia and the governament have no idea were it came from at the moment.

they would immediately send a nuke to every major city of the USA and same the other way around

or

other countries would think russia is still testing nuclear weapons and continue to do themselfs which would eventual get to war

Shakyamunison
lets say a nuke goes off in russia and the governament have no idea were it came from at the moment.

they would immediately send a nuke to every major city of the USA and same the other way around

or

other countries would think russia is still testing nuclear weapons and continue to do themselfs which would eventual get to war

No, they would not. Tunguska shows us that a mid air explosion of a meteor can leave a radioactive signature, and a blast zone equal to a small atomic warhead.

For sure, the president would get a call.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, they would not. Tunguska shows us that a mid air explosion of a meteor can leave a radioactive signature, and a blast zone equal to a small atomic warhead.

For sure, the president would get a call. we would of known a meteor was coming in the first place

Shakyamunison
we would of known a meteor was coming in the first place

Not always true. Have many times have you heard in the news that a meteor just missed us? There was one just earlier this year. That means we did not see it until it had passed.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not always true. Have many times have you heard in the news that a meteor just missed us? There was one just earlier this year. That means we did not see it until it had passed. the news doesnt know what the government knows

Shakyamunison
the news doesnt know what the government knows

When it comes to meteors, the government doesn't know shit. But lets say you are right. That means if a blast happens somewhere, then the governments of the world would know if it was a nuke or a meteor. So, the idea that these governments would indiscriminately fire nukes around the world is silly. If they are smart enough to know what is going on in the heavens, then they are smart enough to know who nuked them. Now, that is assuming a lot of smarts onto governments that constantly prove how stupid they are.

Omega Vision
lets say a nuke goes off in russia and the governament have no idea were it came from at the moment.

or

Or maybe they'd investigate before doing something retarded. As crazy as it sounds world leaders do have some working brain cells.

Bat Dude
Albert Pike said there would be 3 World Wars, and he's got a statue of himself in D.C.

I'm willing to bet there will be a World War III. That's a very sad fact.

Quiero Mota
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/ArmyStrong.jpg

traglee
Since human exist that would really be inevitable.. amd I dont think if nuclear war happens it would be the extinction of the race..Extinction i think would not be inevitable to happen..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.