Medal of Honor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
I was very surprised to not find a thread about this game when I searched, so here I am making one.

The newest Medal of Honor game is set in a modern timeframe, and will patch the US against Talibans (or since they need to be politicly correct and not use real names, whites vs middle-easterns). But in all fairness, the gameplay looks pretty good.

There is an Open Beta that everyone can participate in starting this monday, jump over to Steam and pre-install the beta client now, or go to this site if you don't use Steam: http://www.medalofhonor.com/pcopenbeta

AthenasTrgrFngr
modern warfare?

jinXed by JaNx
Can't wait to play this. Although, i'm looking forward to Bad company veitnam, too. I think i've exhausted everything Bad Company 2 has to offer as of now and considering that i can't stand Modern Warfare 2 i'm in need of a new shooter.

Smasandian
I'm also looking forward to this.

Gameplay videos for SP look pretty promising. Something a bit different than Modern Warfare.

Smasandian
Tried out the Beta.

I'm enjoying it immensely. It feels like a tighter BFBC2. It feels more realistic than MW2.

The problem is how bad some of the guys are. I played for about 40 minutes and it was the Action mode (or whatever it's called). I basically got 3/5 objectives by just flanking the opposing team. But it was boat loads of fun.

One cool thing was that there was a little rock bridge and the sun was beaming from the other side. I started walking towards it and I saw a shadow coming towards me. I stop and aimed my weapon and took the guy down just after he came into view. I thought it was pretty damn cool. I never got that with MW2 and it's run around in circles MP.

Morridini
I like the aiming a lot more then in BBC2, but I still don't think the guns sound cool enough, the Rifleman second main gun is the only one that sounds like a real gun imo. Also, I felt that the map and class-selection etc is better handled in BBC2 then here.

Smasandian
Well, I find it both equal. I never had a problem choosing kits loadouts.

I never noticed the sound of the guns.

Zack Fair
Haven't played a MOH since the first MOH released for PS2. Felt so awesome storming the beach for the first time back then.

Smasandian
Was that Allied Assault?

If so, Medal Of Honor has gone back since the old PS1 days. It was a stealth like game I believe.

But your right, Allied Assault was a great game.

Kazenji
I have'nt played the Medal Of Honor games since the PS1 days but this new one does look good.

Smasandian
I'm looking forward to it. Looks like its going to a lot of fun, or so I hope.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Morridini
I like the aiming a lot more then in BBC2, but I still don't think the guns sound cool enough, the Rifleman second main gun is the only one that sounds like a real gun imo. Also, I felt that the map and class-selection etc is better handled in BBC2 then here.

I disagree, I dislike the aiming mechanics in MOH. It feels too slow and unresponsive even after tweaking the mouse sensitivity settings. In bad company if I saw a guy I would quickly adjust my sights line them up with the target and fire all within a second. In MOH it's too slow and if I see a guy looking at me I almost never even get a chance to aim before I die.

Smasandian
I think that's why I like it actually.

If somebody gets a drop on you, you should die.

Juk3n
ign chewed the arse out of this game, and i trust them, i'll pass, they got an indepth review up for this.

Smasandian
I've seen reviews like that, but also some that are very good.

I'm having fun with it.

Zack Fair
I'll rent it, but I'm Reach's for the next year. heh

Impediment
People have called this the "Modern Warfare killer".

Thoughts?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

If somebody gets a drop on you, you should die.

I know thats how things also roll in the Call Of Duty games too.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Impediment
People have called this the "Modern Warfare killer".

Thoughts?

Hardly, Serious CoD fans will hate it because - like bfbc - the controls arnt as sharp, the aiming not as tight, the movement not as quick, the graphics not as slick. Don't get me wrong this looks nice in a lot of environments, but if anything it was meant to contend with Battlefield BC, "CoD killer" doesn't exist yet. Halo certainly isn't it because it's not multiplatform and BFBC isn't it because..well..it just isn't.

Black Ops is the MW2 killer as Treyarch have gone in a MW direction for this game and it will appeal to both WaW and MW fans. Midnight buy for me.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know thats how things also roll in the Call Of Duty games too.

Nah, you can easily kill somebody who has a drop on you in MW2. This game, very hard to do.

It's alright MP. Nothing spectacular but I do like how the game rewards you for flanking or surprising enemies. In MW (plus 2), its too hectic to really flank somebody. You can but less rewarding.

I'm enjoying SP alot. I like how it takes place in a real setting and more of war than MW games do.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Nah, you can easily kill somebody who has a drop on you in MW2. This game, very hard to do.

Not if you play it on Veteran well with World at war anyway...

The Nuul
http://pc.ign.com/objects/037/037294.html

6.5 and 7.7 lol.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Juk3n
Hardly, Serious CoD fans will hate it because - like bfbc - the controls arnt as sharp, the aiming not as tight, the movement not as quick, the graphics not as slick. Don't get me wrong this looks nice in a lot of environments, but if anything it was meant to contend with Battlefield BC, "CoD killer" doesn't exist yet. Halo certainly isn't it because it's not multiplatform and BFBC isn't it because..well..it just isn't.

Black Ops is the MW2 killer as Treyarch have gone in a MW direction for this game and it will appeal to both WaW and MW fans. Midnight buy for me.

Halo > CoD IMO, but I enjoy MW. Hopefully Black Ops, though I'll pass it, will not be as buggy/glitchy and will hopefully get support from Treyarch besides the money making map packs.

The Nuul
I am going for Black Ops, thats a much better game this MoH or MW2.

Gaylo sucks and is for kids.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by The Nuul

Gaylo sucks and is for kids.

No u.

Cock of Dooty is lame and for douchebags.

Don't hate because you can't finish any of your kills.

The Nuul
I stop playing right around H2 came out. The game just sucks. Only part 1 was good. Real people play real shooters like COD, MoH etc...

Zack Fair
I stop playing right around H2 came out. The game just sucks. Only part 1 was good. Real people play real shooters like COD, MoH etc...

Yes real people play mediocre, unbalanced, poorly supported twitcher-happy games. I'll make sure to write down that important fact of life.

Going on topic I think its a shame they screwed up with this medal of honor. They should not forget about the franchise though, instead make a sequel and take your time to polish the campaign by getting rid of all the scripted madness reviewers have complained about, make good exciting maps and classes. You can't just say "I will develop a game in a year or a bit more and it will pawn MW2" There is a reason developers like Bungie, and Activision's MW team take 2 years + before they release their games.

ArtificialGlory

No, real people play Counter-Strike.

The Nuul
Lol cheaterstike.

ArtificialGlory
Lol cheaterstike.

I have actually seen more cheaters in CoD than in a respectable CS server. Cheaters in CS are banned virtually immediately while the ones in, say, CoD are left to run around for weeks and even months.

Lol Call of Hackers.

Zack Fair
lol hacked lobbies are hillarious

The Nuul
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I have actually seen more cheaters in CoD than in a respectable CS server. Cheaters in CS are banned virtually immediately while the ones in, say, CoD are left to run around for weeks and even months.

Lol Call of Hackers.

Yeah, MW2 is this gens cheaterstike. Thats one of the reasons why is sucks.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not if you play it on Veteran well with World at war anyway...

I meant MP, not SP.

RE: Blaxican
Yeah, MW2 is this gens cheaterstike. Thats one of the reasons why is sucks. I htink you're just butthurt because they decided to **** PC players out of dedicated servers.

Zack Fair
The Nuul on blast

I thought that gaming as a medium had evolved past the point where spawn camping could be viable. I've died 4 times in the past 8 seconds.

Please God, give me a reason to not say Halo and CoD are the best shooters out there. Please.

Zack Fair
You got this game?

Yeah, I did lol. I got paid today and met up with some of my friends at a Gamestop, and they all hyped me up into buying it with the rest of them. I knew it was going to suck before I even got it, but...

sighs

Smasandian
It doesn't suck.

I don't know why this game gets hate more than other games. It's a quality game. Not the best, but still quality. SP is pretty damn fun.

The game gets hate because it sucks.

But, throughout the 4 years that I've been here, every shooter I've ever hated, you've loved, so I'm not surprised lol. We've got a real polarization when it comes to tatse in games.

In the mean time, I guess I'll be selling the game back to Gamestop tomorrow. Lame ass Black Ops, here I come.. =\

Smasandian
I don't love it, I just don't think it sucks.

The hate started way before the game was even released.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I thought that gaming as a medium had evolved past the point where spawn camping could be viable. I've died 4 times in the past 8 seconds.

Please God, give me a reason to not say Halo and CoD are the best shooters out there. Please.

Try Bad Company 2. Spawn killing and camping still exist but it occurs much less and besides, camping is useless when you have a tank cool

It's so retarded. In every single match, like 8 out of 12 people will play as a Sniper. So you've got 8 people on each team huddling in their spawn points with sniper rifles like a bunch of ******* and shooting everything that moves. Of course the two spawn points are almost always in line of sight with each other, so you spawn and someone's instantly got a bead on you. Only hope is to find some rock or tree to cower behind and hope that they forget about you so that you can do your own sniping from halfway across the map. Eventually someone will get an offensive support and either your spawn point or theres will turn into a massacre zone for the next 20 seconds.

And then the match ends, and a new one starts. Rinse, repeat. There's Medal of Honor's standard multiplayer layout. Oh and also absolutely no one uses a mic or tries to use teamwork, so unless you're playing with a friend every match is going to be 24 people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, all vying for the best camping spot, until either the kill limit is reached or the objective is miraculously secured.

Bardock42

That would be an insane thing to say in a world where Valve exists.

Trying to think of a good Valve shoo- Oh right.

I actually never played Team Fortress, to my discredit.

Bardock42
Trying to think of a good Valve shoo- Oh right.

I actually never played Team Fortress, to my discredit.

I have played them both though never much cause I only like Single Player games. I was more thinking of Half Life and Left 4 Dead. Though you seem to think shooter can only be used for multiplayer shooters.

Why do people like multiplayer, multiplayer ****ing sucks in every game ever. Except for co-op that may be fun if played with a trusted and well skilled friend.

I don't think shooters can only have multiplayer; it's just, I think the only good shooters have multiplayer. Half-Life 1 and 2 were such boring games to me. I'll never understand the hard-on people have for them, but then again I didn't play either of them when they first came out, so maybe they're good in a GoldenEye type of way.

NemeBro
Actually Blax it is just because your taste in games is utter shit.

I have bad taste in games, but I have a really great taste in games.

Bardock42
I don't think shooters can only have multiplayer; it's just, I think the only good shooters have multiplayer. Half-Life 1 and 2 were such boring games to me. I'll never understand the hard-on people have for them, but then again I didn't play either of them when they first came out, so maybe they're good in a GoldenEye type of way.

I played Half Life for the first time about 5 or 6 years after it came out. I still replay it sometime, it's epic. You suck, you are black and you suck and I don't know which is worse.

So like, what about it is epic. Could you explain which part of it is epic without using adjectives?

Zack Fair
Gravity.FKN.Gun

That was pretty fun. That one level where it's the only weapon you get was pretty cool.

Bardock42
So like, what about it is epic. Could you explain which part of it is epic without using adjectives?

Lol, why without using adjectives?

The Nuul
I agree with BC2, there are so many retards in that game that dont know how or care to work as a team. They should stick to COD. I've only had it for a few months and given up on it already, I am looking for a new shooter, either MoH or BO. Prob going to end up with BOs though.

jinXed by JaNx
This game isn't very good It's like playing all of the frustrating moments of bad company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 without any of the reward. Run shoot kill die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.