Conan versus Calibos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Conan the Barbarian versus Calibos (2010 Clash of the Titans.)

Calibos:

1STOg8i286A

Both are armed with a sword each. Fight takes place in the forest, at the start of the above video, at night.

Robtard
Conan via camel-punch.

Rogue Jedi
Dunno, Calibos is badass.

Robtard
Couldn't find the camel one in a Gif format, but he can do the same thing to a ****ing horse:

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/upld/conan-the-barbarian.gif

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/upld/conan-the-barbarian.gif

He can also bite a vulture to death.

/thread

Rogue Jedi
Calibos is faster and stronger, dude.

Impediment
I would comment, but I haven't seen the new COTT, yet. I heard that it was just awful.

Rogue Jedi
Just watch the vid, Mattie.

Impediment
Conan is a far better strategist, pit fighter, and stronger.

He killed off all of Thulsa Doom's thugs, slayed the giant snake, and won countless pit fights.

Calibos, yes, is faster, methinks, but Ahnuld takes this one due to his sheer size and strength.

Lol. Rob, before the "camel punch" reference registered, I thought it to be a crude sexual act.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Conan is a far better strategist, pit fighter, and stronger.

He killed off all of Thulsa Doom's thugs, slayed the giant snake, and won countless pit fights.

Calibos, yes, is faster, methinks, but Ahnuld takes this one due to his sheer size and strength.

Lol. Rob, before the "camel punch" reference registered, I thought it to be a crude sexual act. You missed the part where Calibos ripped a man in half, and where he crushed a mans head with one hand.

Calibos is stronger, not even close.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Calibos is faster and stronger, dude.

Faster? In running away, sure. Fighting speed, he's normal.

Conan KO's camels and horses, bites through vultures, dude. Spent close to 20 years turning the Wheel-of-Pain, tipped over a huge cauldron filled with human parts and delicious soup, lifted and held a massive stone gate. So his strength probably isn't that far behind Calibos.

Conan's the better fighter as Imp pointed out, he spent some time fighting in the pitts like an animal, then was taken and trained by 'great warlords from the East'. Calibos is more the swing and hack as guys run idiotically into him.

-Sword fight, Conan out-skills and eviscerates this tool.

-H2H, I'd say Calibos has the edge.

-In a foot-race, Calibos easy; unless it's an endurance race, Conan is the master at long distance paced running, he and the Asian archer got around this way.

Impediment
Tore a man in half? Yes.

Crushed a man's skull? No. He grabbed dude's helmet and threw him aside.

Calibos seems like a scrapper, like Freddy Krueger, but not a battle hardened warrior like Conan.

I'm inclined to agree with Rob: H2H, Conan dies horribly. Sword fight would have to go to the barbarian.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Faster? In running away, sure. Fighting speed, he's normal.

Conan KO's camels and horses, bites through vultures, dude. Spent close to 20 years turning the Wheel-of-Pain, tipped over a huge cauldron filled with human parts and delicious soup, lifted and held a massive stone gate. So his strength probably isn't that far behind Calibos.

Conan's the better fighter as Imp pointed out, he spent some time fighting in the pitts like an animal, then was taken and trained by 'great warlords from the East'. Calibos is more the swing and hack as guys run idiotically into him.

Sword fight, Conan out-skills and eviscerates this tool. H2H, I'd say Calibos has the edge. In a foot-race, Calibos easy.

Did Conan ever rip a man clean in half? Crush a man's head with his hand?

No. Calibos did.

http://clash-of-the-titans.wikia.com/wiki/Calibos

Calibos, as a result of being mutated, posseses great agility, strength, and reflexes.He was gifted by Hades with the ability to poison his victims when he bites them.He demonstrates his strength when he rips a soldier in half. Calibos's hands turn into scorpions when cut off.

Calibos's strength is fueled by Hades, Conan is a mortal man. Moving on.

Rogue Jedi
Tore a man in half? Yes.

Crushed a man's skull? No. He grabbed dude's helmet and threw him aside.

Calibos seems like a scrapper, like Freddy Krueger, but not a battle hardened warrior like Conan.

I'm inclined to agree with Rob: H2H, Conan dies horribly. Sword fight would have to go to the barbarian. No, Mattie, you can hear the bones crushing as he crushes the guys helmet.

A scrapper? He was a king who led a siege on Olympus, dude.

Impediment
Again: I have yet to see the film. I heard no sound effects in your video, as it was just musical score. F*ck me for being ignorant on the film being discussed at hand.

Robtard
Did Conan ever rip a man clean in half? Crush a man's head with his hand?

No. Calibos did.

http://clash-of-the-titans.wikia.com/wiki/Calibos

Calibos, as a result of being mutated, posseses great agility, strength, and reflexes.He was gifted by Hades with the ability to poison his victims when he bites them.He demonstrates his strength when he rips a soldier in half. Calibos's hands turn into scorpions when cut off.

Calibos's strength is fueled by Hades, Conan is a mortal man. Moving on.

Yeah, Calibos is stronger, covered that.

That isn't winning here alone in a sword fight for reasons stated, chief.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, Calibos is stronger, covered that.

That isn't winning here alone in a sword fight for reasons stated, chief. He's faster too, dude. And has greater damage soak. It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down. /thread.

The "sword" fight will surely go h2h, that's what Calibos does. He exchanges a blow or two, then he steps in and rips you in half.

Robtard
He's faster too, dude. And has greater damage soak. It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down. /thread.

The "sword" fight will surely go h2h, that's what Calibos does. He exchanges a blow or two, then he steps in and rips you in half.

Na, he's not some speedy dude, as normal as Conan. He still can be cut and his bits come off just fine.

Oh, so now that Kalibos has the definite advanage in a H2H fight, you take it upon yourself to say "sword-fight will go H2H", lolz. Why would Conan give up his sword? He wouldn't, he'd be too busy outclassing and cutting this fool's head off.

Rogue Jedi
Na, he's not some speedy dude, as normal as Conan. He still can be cut and his bits come off just fine.

Oh, so now that Kalibos has the definite advanage in a H2H fight, you take it upon yourself to say "sword-fight will go H2H", lolz. Why would Conan give up his sword? He wouldn't, he'd be too busy outclassing and cutting this fool's head off.

Every fight Calibos was in went CQC or H2H. It's how he fights. Show me a scene where Conan is faster than Calibos.

Rogue Jedi
And this, which you ignored:

It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down.

Robtard
And this, which you ignored:

It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down.

I've only seen that shit film once, so maybe I'm wrong, but Calibos could be harmed by normal weapons, no?

Robtard
Every fight Calibos was in went CQC or H2H. It's how he fights.

Show me a scene where Conan is faster than Calibos.

So? You're still saying that Conan will yield his sword and start grappling this tool; why would he do that? Though he'd likely just KO Calibos with a right hook, as shown on the camel and horse.

Didn't say he was. They're both about the same.

Rogue Jedi
So? You're still saying that Conan will yield his sword and start grappling this tool; why would he do that? Though he'd likely just KO Calibos with a right hook, as shown on the camel and horse.

Didn't say he was. They're both about the same.

I never said he'd yield his sword. If Calibos decides to go CQC, which is his fighting style, he can do so with Conan still armed. He steps in and crushes his head, or rips him in half.

Get off the camel punch, dude. Ripping a man in half>>>>KOing a camel.

Robtard
I never said he'd yield his sword. If Calibos decides to go CQC, which is his fighting style, he can do so with Conan still armed. He steps in and crushes his head, or rips him in half.

Get off the camel punch, dude. Ripping a man in half>>>>KOing a camel.

Stepping in with a well trained swordsman, who happens to be a champion at CQC from his experience in the fighting pitts is likely to end up with Calibos having that grabbing arm cut off. Or being KO'd with a right hook, I'd say the former more-so though.

Guess what can be done faster, throwing a punch or grabbing someone to rip them in half?

Rogue Jedi
Stepping in with a well trained swordsman, who happens to be a champion at CQC from his experience in the fighting pitts is likely to end up with Calibos having that grabbing arm cut off. Or being KO'd out with a right hook, I'd say the former more-so though.

Guess what can be done faster, throwing a KO punch or grabbing someone to rip them in half?

You seriously think Conan can KO Calibos with one punch? You're delusional.

Last time: It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down.

Conan is not a demi God, and he has a sword forged by men.

Calibos wins.

Robtard
You seriously think Conan can KO Calibos with one punch? You're delusional.

Last time: It took a DemiGod armed with a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus to bring him down.

Conan is not a demi God, and he has a sword forged by men.

Calibos wins.

Conan can put down a camel and a horse with one, so it's not beyond reason. In the least, he'd stun him for a bit, enough time to follow up with the sword.

And I responded to that and you ignored it. Repeat: Can Calibos be harmed by normal (ie non-magical) weapons?

Rogue Jedi
Conan can put down a camel and a horse with one. So it's not beyond reason. In the least, he'd stun him for a bit, enough time to follow up with the sword.

And I responded to that and you ignored it. Repeat: Can Calibos be harmed by normal (ie non-magical) weapons?

Of course he can. As can Conan. And since Calibos is stronger and faster than Conan, advantage Calibos.

The camel KO punch was a slow ass haymaker. Calibos will easily duck it and crush Conan's skull.

Robtard
Of course he can. As can Conan. And since Calibos is stronger and faster than Conan, advantage Calibos.

The camel KO punch was a slow ass haymaker. Calibos will easily duck it and crush Conan's skull.

Don't recall Calibos being the puncher; as you said, he's the grabber.

When Conan punched the camel, he was pissed-drunk and stoned. I assume he's got a clear head in this fight.

I take it Calibos can be harmed by normal weapons then.

Sword to sword, Conan outclasses this shitstain. Besides, Hades resides underground, beneath Crom who lives high on his mountain. Just that way of things.

Rogue Jedi
Don't recall Calibos being the puncher; as you said, he's the grabber.

When he punched the camel, he was pissed-drunk and stoned. I assume he's got a clear head in this fight.

I take it Calibos can be harmed by normal weapons then.

Sword to sword, Conan outclasses this shitstain.

I never said Calibos was a puncher. He's a head crusher and a ripper in halfer.

Ah, so Conan never showed any h2h speed. Glad that's settled. Calibos did.

Calibos was taking arrows and didn't even flinch when one of the Argos soldiers drop kicked him.

Observe:

1STOg8i286A&p=C642FE92F82056E2&playnext=1&index=3

:27...Calibos rips dude in half like he was toilet paper.

:42...Calibos running downhill, with lycan speed.

:47...Calibos jumps off the hillside, lands 20-30 feet below, goes at Perseus. Look at the speed. Way faster than Conan, it's not even close.

:59...Ixas shoots Calibos in the back with an arrow. Calibos doesn't even flinch.

1:03....Calibos goes up against half a dozen Argos soldiers, all at once, and wtf pwns them all. How? With speed ans strength that Conan does not possess.

2:38...Calibos, on the run, takes a hammer blow to the face. Gets right up.

Is Conan a better pure sowrdsman? Yes. Can he counter the speed and strength of Calibos? No way in hell.

Ace in the hole...What's Conan gonna do when/if he cuts Calibos, the blood hits the ground, and the scorpions attack?

Robtard
Yes, Calibos can run faster, we've covered that a couple of times now Sword-play, he's not some speedster and either is Conan really.

While the arrows are a great feat, Calibos still gets hurt by swords just fine. Hammer to the face, that could counter the punch.

Calibos can't control the Scorpions, right? He's in just as much danger from them then.

Conan's still the better swordsman, so him.

And if you do insist on the "Ace in the hole" angle, Conan has his own, the guardian spirit of Valeria, as shown. /thread

Rogue Jedi
Yes, Calibos can run faster, we've covered that a couple of times now Sword-play, he's not some speedster and either is Conan really.

Calibos can't control the Scorpions, right? He's in just as much danger from them then. Dude, read what I just said. He not only runs faster, he moves way faster while fighting. It's right there in the vid.

Hmm, funny how the scorpions chased the Argos soldiers but not Calibos. Get back to me on that one.

Robtard
Dude, read what I just said. He not only runs faster, he moves way faster while fighting. It's right there in the vid.

Hmm, funny how the scorpions chased the Argos soldiers but not Calibos. Get back to me on that one.

Not really.

I'm asking you, can he control them or do they simply not attack him? I don't know/remember, watched the film once; thought it was terrible.

The guardian spirit of Valeria, get back to me on that one.

Rogue Jedi
Not really.

I'm asking you, can he control them or do they simply not attack him? I don't know/remember, watched the film once; thought it was terrible.

The guardian spirit of Valeria, get back to me on that one.

Yes, really. Vid time, post a vid of Conan moving faster while fighting or concede.

Well, the fact that they did not pursue him shows: He can control them, or they simply ignore him. Probably the latter.

Right, she showed up once to save Conan when he was about to die. Where was she the rest of the time?

Yeah, thought so.

Robtard
Yes, really. Vid time, post a vid of Conan moving faster while fighting or concede.

Well, the fact that they did not pursue him shows: He can control them, or they simply ignore him. Probably the latter.

Right, she showed up once to save Conan when he was about to die. Where was she the rest of the time?

Yeah, thought so.

Again, not saying Conan fights faster (though I could be wrong, I'll look into later at home), I'm saying they're about the same.

Or Calibos hide and that's why they didn't go after him? Personally, I don't know. Though they take some time to grow, Conan would have killed Calibos before they grew to a dangerous size.

When was Conan in danger of dying in the film after she died? Exactly, only that one time and she saves him by blocking the attack of his opponent, blinding his opponent with her radiance and giving Conan an attack of opportunity. So should Calibos put Conan on the spot where he's about to get hacked, Valeria's spirit jumps in. You brought up this "ace in the hole" angle, son, so don't cry now. /thread

Rogue Jedi
Again, not saying Conan fights faster (though I could be wrong, I'll look into later at home), I'm saying they're about the same.

Or Calibos hide and that's why they didn't go after him? Personally, I don't know. Though they take some time to grow, Conan would have killed Calibos before they grew to a dangerous size.

When was Conan in danger of dying in the film after she died? Exactly, only that one time and she saves him by blocking the attack of his opponent, blinding his opponent with her radiance and giving Conan an attack of opportunity. So should Calibos put Conan on the spot where he's about to get hacked, Valeria's spirit jumps in. You brought up this "ace in the hole" angle, son, so don't cry now. /thread

OK, let's say they are the same (they're not, Calibos is faster), Calibos is stronger. He lunges at Conan, Conan tries to block, strength prevails.

No, the scorpion was fully grown. It ignored Calibos and went after the others.

Aaahahahahaa you think the blond busty chick is gonna affect the scorpions?

Tell ya what, let's leave her and the scorpions out of this.

Rogue Jedi
Food for thought:

http://clash-of-the-titans.wikia.com/wiki/Acrisius/Calibos

Acrisius is seen being very strong, being able to lift a casket that takes four men to stagger with, survive a direct hit from a lightning bolt and being able to easily tear a man in two. he also seems to have a resistanse to pain and injury, not even flinching when an arrow hit him in the shoulder and when his hand is cut off.

The man survived a lightning bolt when he was MORTAL, dude. He lifted the casket over his head as a MORTAL. And if I am not mistaken, his hand regenned.

Why are you even arguing this? All evidence points to a Calibos win, man. Stop going with your favorite and accept the truth.

Robtard
OK, let's say they are the same (they're not, Calibos is faster), Calibos is stronger. He lunges at Conan, Conan tries to block, strength prevails.

No, the scorpion was fully grown. It ignored Calibos and went after the others.

Aaahahahahaa you think the blond busty chick is gonna affect the scorpions?

Tell ya what, let's leave her and the scorpions out of this.

Being a skilled swordsman with his years of training and fighting, I'd say he'd opt to side-step that lunge and and land an easy strike.

No, she'd cock-block Calibos, blind him and give Conan an opportunity, should he be in a dangerous position.

LoL, make up your mind.

Robtard
Food for thought:

http://clash-of-the-titans.wikia.com/wiki/Acrisius/Calibos

Acrisius is seen being very strong, being able to lift a casket that takes four men to stagger with, survive a direct hit from a lightning bolt and being able to easily tear a man in two. he also seems to have a resistanse to pain and injury, not even flinching when an arrow hit him in the shoulder and when his hand is cut off.

The man survived a lightning bolt when he was MORTAL, dude. He lifted the casket over his head as a MORTAL. And if I am not mistaken, his hand regenned.

Why are you even arguing this? All evidence points to a Calibos win, man. Stop going with your favorite and accept the truth.

Yet his body is vulnerable to regular weapons and he was killed. More food for thought.

When idiots run at him like wild morons instead of using fighting skills, he ****s shit up, otherwise, he's just a brute.

Rogue Jedi
Yet his body is vulnerable to regular weapons and he was killed. More food for thought.

When idiots run at him like wild morons instead of using fighting skills, he ****s shit up, otherwise, he's just a brute.

He was killed by a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus. A regular sword cannot kill him, fact.

Idiots? Any one of those Argos soldiers are superior to anyone Conan fought.

Kazenji
Are you saying the Argos soldiers can beat Conan?

Robtard
He was killed by a sword forged by the Gods on Olympus. A regular sword cannot kill him, fact.

Idiots? Any one of those Argos soldiers are superior to anyone Conan fought.

Considering a regular sword lopped off his hand, where are you getting this fact from; did I forget something about the film? If so, this is an obvious spite thread.

Um, no. They ran at Calibos like morons swinging wildly; Conan's fought seasoned fighters. E.G. Thulsa's captains. Rider on the horse showed skill; was not some wild sword swinger.

Kazenji
Battle of the mounds

W5K3AKl5qpc

Rogue Jedi
Considering a regular sword lopped off his hand, where are you getting this fact from; did I forget something about the film? If so, this is an obvious spite thread.

Um, no. They ran at Calibos like morons swinging wildly; Conan's fought seasoned fighters. E.G. Thulsa's captains. Rider on the horse showed skill; was not some wild sword swinger.

No, Rob. The Argos soldiers were way more skilled than the morons Conan faced. Hell, Draco and/or Perseus could match any battle feat that Conan has.

Robtard
No, Rob. The Argos soldiers were way more skilled than the morons Conan faced.

Hell, Draco and/or Perseus could match any battle feat that Conan has.

Draco and Perseus had some skills, the morons that ran into Calibos and he killed, no.

Don't know about that, Conan took down the monstrous-form of the Demigod Dagoth; basically by himself.

Rogue Jedi
Draco and Perseus had some skills, the morons that ran into Calibos and he killed, no.

Don't know about that, Conan took down the monstrous-form of the Demigod Dagoth; basically by himself.

Oh man, you brought in Dagoth......Calibos woulda killed Dagoth quicker than shit. How? He's stronger. he woulda mounted Dagoth like a 5 dollar whore and ripped Dagoth's horn out with one hand.

**** Dagoth, what is Conan's greatest battle feat besides against a slow, unarmed, horny ass demon?

Here's the lowdown, babe.....Calibos is:

Faster
Stronger
More agile
Has far greater damage soak
Has height and reach advantage
Feels no pain

These facts make Calibos the winner. Another fact: Conan ALWAYS had help yes

Robtard
Not all as you say; been covered. Might want to ask your what Calibos'greatest battle feat was. No, Conan didn't always.

*cues epic Basil Poledouris sound score*

Conan's the better fighter, he wins via evisceration.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Being a better fighter only goes so far, dude. Calibos is so beyond Conan physically it's pathetic.

Robtard
kkSFIWzi7aA /thread(again)

Rogue Jedi
Conan wins the accent war.

Kaibs
Conan should win on pure battle prowess alone. And Imp you aren't missing much by not watching that shithole of a film. The only good park is when good ole Liam releases the Kraken.

Impediment
I'll see it, eventually, but it's not on my must see list.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Conan should win on pure battle prowess alone. And Imp you aren't missing much by not watching that shithole of a film. The only good park is when good ole Liam releases the Kraken. Battle prowess isn't gonna beat Calibos being on a different level physically. Riddick has better battle prowess than Marv from Sin City, but he aint beating him h2h.

Rogue Jedi
K thats a bad example, but you get my drift.

Kaibs
When is the last time you watched Conan? If you don't think he out skills Calibos you should probably watch it again then. And yes. Your example was awaful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
When is the last time you watched Conan? If you don't think he out skills Calibos you should probably watch it again then. And yes. Your example was awaful. No. I never said Calibos was more skilled. I am saying that Calibos is too fast and too strong and has way too much damage soak for Conan to handle. He ripped a man in half ffs.

Robtard
I'll see it, eventually, but it's not on my must see list.

Spends those 106 minutes corn-holing the wife; you'll be better off.

It's *some mindless shit* *shitty action scene* *"waaaa, I ahte my daddy, waaaa!" *some more mindless shit* *nother shitty action scene* *dead Kraken* *credits*

Rogue Jedi
It's mindless action, man.

Robtard
It's shitty mindless action, master.

Corrected

Rogue Jedi
Point?

Kazenji
The remake may be shit to some people but eh i enjoyed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.