WWH Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here

OneDumbG0
Loki depowers him. Loki wins.

Stoic
unprepped, WW Hulk beats the hell out of Loki before he can summon the spell to do anything.

Prepped, Loki depowers him.

guy222
WWH

BattleMage
WWH

Sethos
Loki wins

iceman24567
Loki wins

Kasper Gutman
Loki in a stomp.

Warlord
Loki goes intangible...what then?

Kinasin
WWH

quanchi112
I tend to think Loki'd give him fits but seeing how crafty WW Hulk was he gets the nod here.

BruceSkywalker
WWH ftw

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
Loki goes intangible...what then?

Not sure what would happen then, Vision went intangible too, and that didn't go so well for him.

Warlord
yes because he tried to materialize again inside Hulk's body.
Loki has no reason (or the ability) to do that

Stoic
Well then at least we both agree that Loki doesn't have stones to take Hulk on in a direct assault, or he wouldn't be hiding in an intangible form right. Besides would this mean that he self bfrs himself by running from the battlefield?

Warlord
of courrse he can't take on the Hulk in a direct confrontation. Loki is a sorcerer not a warrior. I don't consider intangibility as self BFR.
Loki goes ghost form and uses spells to take hulk out.
He has no chance in h2h though

Stoic
Which brings us back to this.

Originally posted by Stoic
unprepped, WW Hulk beats the hell out of Loki before he can summon the spell to do anything.

Warlord
how does Loki need prep when he only needs a thought to go intangible?

WhiteWitchKing

An unprepared Loki still goes intangible then puts Hulk on his ass.

Loki ftw.

Stoic
A thought or a spell? I never knew that Asgardians or Frost Giants natural state was permeable. A spell also takes time, so if he's getting his mouth beaten in, I guess he would have a difficult time chanting right?

Warlord
nah Loki was shown to go intangible instantly in the past.

Stoic
So I guess his natural state is permeable then? That's odd. Are you sure he didn't cast a spell?

Warlord
he did cast a spell.
It was an instant one triggered by thought.
a spell does not always require a ritual

Stoic
Okay so are you saying that the Hulk goes down because of every spell that hits him? Why is this your trump card? Is there any proof that Loki would stop the Hulk with his magic? Is the Hulk sitting there being tagged or can he move or use objects to deflect these spells? Is he in dummy mode, or in character?

Warlord
he can try avoid spells but eventually he goes down.
he can't avoid anything loki throws at him all day. at best he flees from the fight.
while on the other hand he can do nothing against an intangible Loki

janus77
Hulk wins with ease. Loki's mgic isn't strong enough to effect him for a quick KO, but Hulk would murder him quickly (whether he is tangible or not).

illusions would also fail against Hulk, even Strange found that out.

Stoic
Still uncertain as to what spell kills the Hulk, or puts him down for the duration. Didn't Strange use spells that did not work on the Hulk? What did the Hulk do to him?

Warlord
a spell that teleports him to the sun

janus77
he can try avoid spells but eventually he goes down.
he can't avoid anything loki throws at him all day. at best he flees from the fight.
while on the other hand he can do nothing against an intangible Loki
except rip "intangible" shit appart. Loki is nothing compared to smashing the TimeStream (dimensional barriers!) or energy or Maestro's astral form or electricity ...

basically, Loki gets wrecked quickly, whilst he has nothing that Hulk can't shrug off.

Hulk is naturally able to "see" magics, so if Loki tries to sneak attack, Hulk would still spot the spells coming (and Hulk has superior reactions and accuracy).

Warlord
so hulk would casually hit intangible Loki.
Funny that didn't work with Vision and he had to materialise back in order to hit him

janus77
that's the difference between comics and forums, they fight to the best of their abilities.

most likely it was to do with Vision being a computer, phasing between dimensions (when going intangible) but anyway ... more showing of classic (Savage) Hulk hitting intangile things than of hiim not managing it. hell, he could ThunderClap Loki's head off if he wanted to instantly kill him

Stoic
so hulk would casually hit intangible Loki.
Funny that didn't work with Vision and he had to materialise back in order to hit him

The Hulk has touched intangible characters in the past, he has also shown uncanny aim, while not even being able to see who he was aiming at. he's done this more than once. he crushed Dr. Stranges hands while he was in his Astral form.

So yes.

He's not just a one trick pony when you look at all of the weird and unatural feats that he has accomplished.

Warlord
The Hulk has touched intangible characters in the past, he has also shown uncanny aim, while not even being able to see who he was aiming at. he's done this more than once. he crushed Dr. Stranges hands while he was in his Astral form.

So yes.

He's not just a one trick pony when you look at all of the weird and unatural feats that he has accomplished.

Strange And Hulk were both on the astral plane when he did that.
OK guys I'd really like some scans with Hulk hiting intangible characters
Thanks in advance

Stoic
Strange And Hulk were both on the astral plane when he did that.
OK guys I'd really like some scans with Hulk hiting intangible characters
Thanks in advance

Didn't Hulk not hurt the Vision when he entered his body nearly killing him? Strange was miles away from Banner physically, so how did Banner crush his hands? Is the Hulk also a beast on the psychic plane?

OneDumbG0
Okay so are you saying that the Hulk goes down because of every spell that hits him? Why is this your trump card? Is there any proof that Loki would stop the Hulk with his magic? Is the Hulk sitting there being tagged or can he move or use objects to deflect these spells? Is he in dummy mode, or in character? Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wins with ease. Loki's mgic isn't strong enough to effect him for a quick KO, but Hulk would murder him quickly (whether he is tangible or not). Originally posted by Stoic
Still uncertain as to what spell kills the Hulk, or puts him down for the duration. Didn't Strange use spells that did not work on the Hulk? What did the Hulk do to him? http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping01TalesToAstonish101.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping03.jpg
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Loki depowers him. Loki wins.

Warlord
^this or something like Hulk punches magic

OneDumbG0
^this or something like Hulk punches magic http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiTeleportation04TTA101.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiTeleportation30.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiTeleportation31.jpg

Loki teleport BFRs him then. Loki still wins.

Warlord
I'm with you all the way. I'm trying to say this exact thing in my posts above.
I just lacked scans...wink

janus77
Wanda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odin, so don't see the relevance there... plus, who disputes bfr?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping01TalesToAstonish101.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping03.jpg
mostly irrelevant to this fight but:

1) Savage Hulk had no control whatsoever, over his transformations or personal power.

2) does not demonstrate drainage of power, ala Surfer, he manages to just trigger the reverse transformation. something which will not aid Loki in this encounter (as Bruce Banner >>> Abomination, post M-day, iirc).

3) no denying BFR works, but I was speaking about the results of a fight, not ways to avoid a fight.

4) current Hulk is a balance of Bruce and Hulk aspects, he has fuller control over his powers (as is being demonstrated), resisting absorption by Rulk (who previously did drain Savage Hulk). so even Gamma drainage is off the table

imo, not a contest... Hulk would murder Loki if Loki got even momentarily stunned by a glancing blow.

Prep-Man
Loki.

Bouboumaster
If Loki depower WWH, he still has to beat Banner. Is someone here think it would be easy? big grin cool

Parmaniac
Beating a nerdy scientist in a purple torn jeans shouldn't be that hard.

Warlord
Originally posted by janus77
Wanda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odin, so don't see the relevance there... plus, who disputes bfr?

1) Savage Hulk had no control whatsoever, over his transformations or personal power.

2) does not demonstrate drainage of power, ala Surfer, he manages to just trigger the reverse transformation. something which will not aid Loki in this encounter (as Bruce Banner >>> Abomination, post M-day, iirc).

3) no denying BFR works, but I was speaking about the results of a fight, not ways to avoid a fight.

4) current Hulk is a balance of Bruce and Hulk aspects, he has fuller control over his powers (as is being demonstrated), resisting absorption by Rulk (who previously did drain Savage Hulk). so even Gamma drainage is off the table

imo, not a contest... Hulk would murder Loki if Loki got even momentarily stunned by a glancing blow.

What has Wanda to do with this?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Parmaniac

Well, this is why Loki would loose!

Doctor Doom, a contender for the Sorcerer Supreme aknowledge it the hard way!

janus77
What has Wanda to do with this?
my mistake, was reading about Loki, Wanda and reality Warping... no expression

anyway, as I said before, I don't dispute bfr. but that is Loki's ONLY shot at "victory".

janus77
BannerTech iPod FTW.
... he already out-prepped the Inteligencia and Reed and Doom and the Avengers... the guy's tech is up to challenging Doom's tech!

oh and, on-panel, Cho used BannerTech iPod to KO Thor! big grin

Bouboumaster
BannerTech iPod FTW.
... he already out-prepped the Inteligencia and Reed and Doom and the Avengers... the guy's tech is up to challenging Doom's tech!

Mr Parmaniac doesn't seems to fully understand pain Banner would bring.

Parmaniac
Mr Parmaniac fully understands that WWH wasn't the Banner he is now and Mr. Parmaniac also keeps in mind that WWH never had an iPod and therefore Banner also wouldn't carry an iPod nor any other of his current tech smile

janus77
Mr Parmaniac fully understands that WWH wasn't the Banner he is now and Mr. Parmaniac also keeps in mind that WWH never had an iPod and therefore Banner also wouldn't carry an iPod nor any other of his current tech smile
it's in his back pocket, how else do you think he keeps tabs on Rulk yes

anyway, there's no evidence at all that Loki can drain Gamma, let alone do it to someone who has Hulk's power ... it would be madness to even attempt that ... Hulk would just punch Loki's head off, before Loki could even begin to affect a drainage.

more over, if you want to randomly give Loki powers he's not demonstrated, you still have to deal with the fact that current Hulk is >>>> Savage Hulk in all aspects, such that the Rulk who casually drained Savage Hulk could not even affect current "WBH"/WWH Hulk in the least bit. and Rulk was going all out for the kill (even telling himself that Betty would understand/that it was the right thing to do) ...

Parmaniac
it's in his back pocket, how else do you think he keeps tabs on Rulk yes Again WORLD WAR HULK never had any back pockets nor was that incarnation of Banner the cold prep genius he is now. Take a look at Banner after he turned back from WWH, if I'm not mistaken he was completely naked.
anyway, there's no evidence at all that Loki can drain Gamma, let alone do it to someone who has Hulk's power ... it would be madness to even attempt that ... Hulk would just punch Loki's head off, before Loki could even begin to affect a drainage.

more over, if you want to randomly give Loki powers he's not demonstrated, you still have to deal with the fact that current Hulk is >>>> Savage Hulk in all aspects, such that the Rulk who casually drained Savage Hulk could not even affect current "WBH"/WWH Hulk in the least bit. and Rulk was going all out for the kill (even telling himself that Betty would understand/that it was the right thing to do) ... Not sure if this is directed to me cause I've never said anything about that, I first replied here saying that if he would/could turn him into Banner he (Loki) wouldn't have any trouble to take out Banner.

Here is a specific version of the Hulk which has nothing to do with current Banner, in fact the current badass Banner started after the WWH event. To claim when he drains out WWH Banner uses all of his Banner tech is like arguing that current Thor suddenly uses the Odin Force again.

And even if, he won't have any of his flashy toys cause this match starts with WWH in his WWH gear
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/ArticleImages/VsSystem/2008/April/billy/world-war-hulk.gif
Care to show where his iPod, Oldpower gun or stroke device is stuck?

janus77
the "yes" was meant to indicate that I wasn't serious about back-pocket iPods... but it is very likely that Banner has contingencies for the (very slim) possibility of being gamma drained. he has shown huge feats of prep and contingency planning...

the rest of my post was a reiteration of the fact that depowering and triggering a transformation are not the same thing. that Savage Hulk and Banner did not share the Hulk-power, unlike more modern incarnations (post M-day, through the development of meditation techniques and other character changes in Banner). presently, if Hulk changes back to his Banner form, he retains the strength of Hulk, as Banner demonstrated when he KOed Abomination with a single punch.

If Hulk is drained then Banner has no extra-power, hence resorting to tech. but Rulk could not drain current Hulk, thus current Banner would be possessed of some level of Hulk power.

BannerTech is in current continuity, WWH is in current continuity, "Bad Ass Banner" is just Bruce Banner taking care of business. he doesn't need to do that, unless he's disconnected from his powers... so current WWH would transform out to current Banner.

Lord Feron
If loki goes intangible he wont get beat to death. But according to WWH history he prob muscle and power his way through all the shit Loki would normally try. Unless loki gets really exotic like turning him into snow or something.

janus77
... Hulk would rip Loki to shreds, whether Loki went intangible or not. Hulk is capable of warping and ripping pure energy (regularly bouncing it off of his hands!) and of grabbing and tearing "magic" (Hulk straddles both worlds with his powers) like on the astral plane.

illadelph12
laughing

Smh...

Loki. thumb up

The Nuul
Loki wins.

zopzop
Holy crap are people really that far gone in the WWH hype that they think WWH can do anything to Loki, if Loki was at least semi-conscious?

Loki goes intangible then starts casting spells left and right and seeing what lands. Loki's astral self stays far enough away that nothing WWH does can reach or touch him.

Loki wins 10/10, then has time enough to go "mess" with the Enchantress. cool

The Nuul
Loki really does stomp. Only Hulk fanboys say he loses.

Warlord
still waiting for scans of Hulk hitting intangible targets

Stoic
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping01TalesToAstonish101.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping03.jpg

I didn't take time to go through the rest of the posts between this one and my response so no one take offense. I have a problem with the depowerment issue. That was an old immature Hulk that loki toyed with Banner controls the change these days, which is something that Loki can't turn off. back in the good old days Banner could be induced into Hulking out by just seeing a great pair of tata's. These type's of mind tricks won't work these days. Bfr is the only solution.

Stoic
... Hulk would rip Loki to shreds, whether Loki went intangible or not. Hulk is capable of warping and ripping pure energy (regularly bouncing it off of his hands!) and of grabbing and tearing "magic" (Hulk straddles both worlds with his powers) like on the astral plane.

This is true.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Loki really does stomp. Only Hulk fanboys say he loses.

Calling people fanboys and sticking with that as a basis to make a point is weak. Ok so what happens when a person agrees to liking a character, does the fanboy jabs stop? What does being a fan have to do with canonical events that have taken place in the comic series, and how does that address any solid issues? The hulk has fought ZZzaxxzz or whatever you call the bum, and he has touched him, ZZaxzz (whatever) was a pure energy being an intangible being.

OneDumbG0
^ WWH got depowered at the end of World War Hulk. /shrug Originally posted by janus77

imo, not a contest... Hulk would murder Loki if Loki got even momentarily stunned by a glancing blow. WWH got depowered at the end of World War Hulk. /shrug

BFR is a win. /shrug

Stoic
^ WWH got depowered at the end of World War Hulk. /shrug WWH got depowered at the end of World War Hulk. /shrug

BFR is a win. /shrug

BFR is a win this is true. Gamma drain is going into parts unknown, so people need to concentrate less on unknowns, and stick to things that they do know. When has Loki done this on panel, he's a magic user, not a cosmic.

BFR is a sure win though, but let's get one thing clear. If the Hulk had a mad on for Loki like he did for Reed, Prof. X, Tony, BB and the rest. Loki would not walk away unscathed, you'd be kidding yourself if you thought this.

Warlord
still waiting for scans of Hulk hitting intangible targets

Stoic

I told you that he has fought ZZaxxx who happened to be pure energy, which is what in your opinion? Would you classify him as tangible, or intangible? The Hulk has also ripped through the metaphysical in times past, these are not made up. Maybe this will help you out?

http://hulkcollection.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/hulk-vs-zzaxx-herb-trimpe-commission-2009/

Warlord
how energy = absence of matter is beyond me.
no it's not the same.
period

OneDumbG0
BFR is a win this is true. Gamma drain is going into parts unknown, so people need to concentrate less on unknowns, and stick to things that they do know. When has Loki done this on panel, he's a magic user, not a cosmic. Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Stoic
how energy = absence of matter is beyond me.
no it's not the same.
period

Well can you touch the rays that a light bulb gives off? Is it tangible or intangible? How is it not the same? Anyways Loki can bfr The Hulk so thats a win. You want a stomp right? Not gonna happen.

Warlord
how's it not a stomp when he can BFR him instantly?

Parmaniac
Well can you touch the rays that a light bulb gives off? Is it tangible or intangible? How is it not the same? Anyways Loki can bfr The Hulk so thats a win. You want a stomp right? Not gonna happen. if light was intangible it would travel THROUGH your hand and not stop at it.

Stoic

Did Loki drain him or did he induce calmness in the Hulk to turn him back to Banner? This will not work these days, mind trick get no play today, Xavier is proof of this. That was a mind trick that loki pulled, not a gamma drain.

Stoic
if light was intangible it would travel THROUGH your hand and not stop at it.

You had better consult a science teacher, because that is exactly what light does.

Warlord
your science teacher can tell you that absence of matter =/= an energy type (light, gamma, whatever)

Stoic
your science teacher can tell you that absence of matter =/= an energy type (light, gamma, whatever)

Precisely. except for one element called neutrinos (that has mass) which is emitted from stars, and is present all the way down to the ocean floor, where it has been detected. Check it out, very cool stuff.

OneDumbG0
Did Loki drain him or did he induce calmness in the Hulk to turn him back to Banner? This will not work these days, mind trick get no play today, Xavier is proof of this. That was a mind trick that loki pulled, not a gamma drain. Don't you think the effects of inducing calm in him would be entirely defeated by him falling to his terrifying death flailing about... ?

Parmaniac
You had better consult a science teacher, because that is exactly what light does. http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/500x_implied_facepalm.jpg

Stoic
Don't you think the effects of inducing calm in him would be entirely defeated by him falling to his terrifying death flailing about... ?

Don't you think that a terrifying event like that would reinduce him into a Hulk state?

SuperiorTech
Loki

Stoic
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/04/500x_implied_facepalm.jpg

just because we can't see it does not mean that energy stops moving. We're getting way off base, and before you know it.....

Warlord
Precisely. except for one element called neutrinos (that has mass) which is emitted from stars, and is present all the way down to the ocean floor, where it has been detected. Check it out, very cool stuff.

so Hulk hits neutrinos... k...

Stoic
so Hulk hits neutrinos... k...

That's not what I said, if you didn't get what was stated why make comments up like that?

Warlord
ok don't want to get disrespectful or anything but me from my part cannot be convinced that Hulk can hit an intangible opponent jsut because he has fought Jaxx in the past.

Sorry not enough evidence for me and I won't go further in this debate.
Perhaps others are more willing

Stoic
ok don't want to get disrespectful or anything but me from my part cannot be convinced that Hulk can hit an intangible opponent jsut because he has fought Jaxx in the past.

Sorry not enough evidence for me and I won't go further in this debate.
Perhaps others are more willing

I feel the same, but you always have the firm BFR as a win.

OneDumbG0
Don't you think that a terrifying event like that would reinduce him into a Hulk state? It would... had Loki not depowered him.

... and that's the point. facepalm

Stoic
It would... had Loki not depowered him.

... and that's the point. facepalm

Oh I knew what your point was. My point in stating the obvious was to show you that it wasn't a tactic that could be used in modern versions of the Hulk. Banner is in full control of the Hulk on a psychological level. Loki pulled the old Jedi mind trick, which as I stated gets no play today. Did you see Loki remove the Gamma rads from Banner? No, he was the Hulk in the next issue.

OneDumbG0
^ ... we just went over why it couldn't be a mind-trick.

If all Loki did was calm him down, Banner would have Hulked back up immediately in his panicked plunge. Banner could not control turning into the Hulk in times of stress. Ergo, his state of mind and his lack of control had nothing to do with Loki turning Hulk into Banner.

Loki depowered him. And magically prevented him from turning into the Hulk. And current Hulk has been depowered. And that recent depowerment had nothing to do with his state of mind and full control. Same as when Loki did it.

janus77
what it showed was that Loki affected Savage Hulk's mind, which is all that Loki was capable of, and halted the stress-mechanism; thus making Hulk calm down and return to his Banner form. later on, did Loki pump Banner full of Gamma in order to return him to Hulk? no, he just reversed the effects of his mind attack and let Banner's stress levels do the rest of the work.

it even states that Loki was affecting the transformation. nowhere does it suggest that Savage Hulk's energies were being drained.

we know too that Sentry (to whom Loki is but a toy) couldn't do jack to calm or revert WWH, that Rulk (to whom Thor is but a toy) couldn't drain him and that WWH is Bruce & the Hulk aspect in balance and control of the powers.

Sentry = mind/emotion attack. works on Savage Hulk, fails on WWH.
Rulk = energy drainage, works on Savage Hulk (and cosmics) fails on WWH

and, WWH >>> all aspects of past Hulks, including Savage Hulk... thus this silly notion of Loki affecting his mind is just nonsensical.

unless Loki has a Surfer like record of energy absorption, Loki is not doing anything to Hulk. hell Rulk couldn't absorb Hulk's power, what the hell makes anyone think a non-entity like Loki would manage it?

seriously, the Thor-love in this place no lol.

Nihilist
Loki wins, if a weak Dr Strange could have stopped him(Greg Paks own words) Loki could.

Black bolt z
No PIS loki should win. Unless for some odd reason he tried to go physcial.

janus77
^ ... we just went over why it couldn't be a mind-trick.

If all Loki did was calm him down, Banner would have Hulked back up immediately in his panicked plunge. Banner could not control turning into the Hulk in times of stress. Ergo, his state of mind and his lack of control had nothing to do with Loki turning Hulk into Banner.
Loki affected Hulk's transformation, we know that could (in the past, when Banner and Hulk were not in balance) be disrupted, affected and negated. Prof. Hulk asked to have his barriers removed before he fought Onslaught, most Hulks need to get angry to get stronger (not so with WWH), Banner himself put in tonnes of mental failsafes to prevent Hulk from getting dangerous ... all these indisputably prove that yes, mind tricks did (in the past) affect/retard/halt transformation. so yes, mind tricks (Loki's speciality by the way) are what Loki did, to a particularly susceptible incarnation of Hulk.

this cannot be replicated now, as Sentry's and Reed's confrontations proved but also as the underlying mechanism shifted with the evolution of the Banner-Hulk psychology... WWH is in control of his mind and emotions, it's what allows him to open up more, to be more aggressive without fear of destroying everything....

The Nuul
Loki could just simply BFR him for a cheap win.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No PIS loki should win. Unless for some odd reason he tried to go physcial. This

janus77
Loki could just simply BFR him for a cheap win.
true. that's all he can do though.

iceman24567
true. that's all he can do though. Nah he could pwn Hulk with magic too kinda like Strange

janus77
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah he could pwn Hulk with magic too kinda like Strange
lol, yeah 'cos Loki suddenly finds himself channelling Zom.

Black bolt z
lol, yeah 'cos Loki suddenly finds himself channelling Zom. Strange should have been able to one shot Hulk.WWH is alomst as full of PIS as rulk.

janus77
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Strange should have been able to one shot Hulk.WWH is alomst as full of PIS as rulk.
and on-panel, Hulk 3 shotted Strange-Zom. Loki wouldn't even survive one no expression.

Strange has resources Loki could never dream of, so it means sod all to speculate over what Strange "should have" been able to do.

we know Loki's some piddling illusion caster who is more of thorn in the butt of Thor, not some major magical force in the universe or a powerhouse like Sentry ...

zopzop
Hulk didn't do jack to Zomling/Strange.

Strange started to fight the Zomling's influence and that was the end of that. Previously, he wiped the floor with Hirohim and was knocking the Hulk around like a pinata.

The Nuul

BUT this time no PIS to cause CIS. Strange was a dumb ass for the sake of the plot. Loki wont be like that.

Black bolt z
and on-panel, Hulk 3 shotted Strange-Zom. Loki wouldn't even survive one no expression.

Strange has resources Loki could never dream of, so it means sod all to speculate over what Strange "should have" been able to do.

we know Loki's some piddling illusion caster who is more of thorn in the butt of Thor, not some major magical force in the universe or a powerhouse like Sentry ... Exactly.Hulk defeating strange possesed by an abstract is PIS.

zopzop
BUT this time no PIS to cause CIS. Strange was a dumb ass for the sake of the plot. Loki wont be like that.

Exactly! He stated straight up he could extinguish Banner's soul and that would be the end of that.

If Strange can, Loki should be able to with ease. Loki's a master magician with literally thousand's of years of practice perfecting his craft.

I can't believe people are arguing in WWH's favor with a straight face. Fanboyism causes mental rot it seems.

The Nuul
Oh wait, Strange didnt want to hurt his freind....laughing Loki will.

Let me guess Strange had control over Zom? because Zom doesnt give two shits about Banner or Hulk.

Prep-Man

Pretty much.

OneDumbG0
what it showed was that Loki affected Savage Hulk's mind, which is all that Loki was capable of, and halted the stress-mechanism; thus making Hulk calm down and return to his Banner form. later on, did Loki pump Banner full of Gamma in order to return him to Hulk? no, he just reversed the effects of his mind attack and let Banner's stress levels do the rest of the work.

it even states that Loki was affecting the transformation. nowhere does it suggest that Savage Hulk's energies were being drained.

we know too that Sentry (to whom Loki is but a toy) couldn't do jack to calm or revert WWH, that Rulk (to whom Thor is but a toy) couldn't drain him and that WWH is Bruce & the Hulk aspect in balance and control of the powers.

Sentry = mind/emotion attack. works on Savage Hulk, fails on WWH.
Rulk = energy drainage, works on Savage Hulk (and cosmics) fails on WWH

and, WWH >>> all aspects of past Hulks, including Savage Hulk... thus this silly notion of Loki affecting his mind is just nonsensical.

unless Loki has a Surfer like record of energy absorption, Loki is not doing anything to Hulk. hell Rulk couldn't absorb Hulk's power, what the hell makes anyone think a non-entity like Loki would manage it?

seriously, the Thor-love in this place no lol. Originally posted by janus77
Loki affected Hulk's transformation, we know that could (in the past, when Banner and Hulk were not in balance) be disrupted, affected and negated. Prof. Hulk asked to have his barriers removed before he fought Onslaught, most Hulks need to get angry to get stronger (not so with WWH), Banner himself put in tonnes of mental failsafes to prevent Hulk from getting dangerous ... all these indisputably prove that yes, mind tricks did (in the past) affect/retard/halt transformation. so yes, mind tricks (Loki's speciality by the way) are what Loki did, to a particularly susceptible incarnation of Hulk.

this cannot be replicated now, as Sentry's and Reed's confrontations proved but also as the underlying mechanism shifted with the evolution of the Banner-Hulk psychology... WWH is in control of his mind and emotions, it's what allows him to open up more, to be more aggressive without fear of destroying everything.... What scans are you looking at? Where in those scans does it say that Loki tweaks Banner's mind to turn him back and forth from the Hulk? Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping01TalesToAstonish101.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/th_LokiStrengthSapping03.jpg Because I don't see it. Loki just switched him from Banner to Hulk as he pleased.

iceman24567
lol, yeah 'cos Loki suddenly finds himself channelling Zom. He doesn't need to channel Zom to beat Hulk do you even know who Loki is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.