Spider-Man vs King Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
PIS timeline: 2005

Peter Parker and Aunt May are among the hundreds of people viewing the King Kong spectacle. Kong escapes and takes Aunt May hostage instead of Ann Darrow.

Spidey tries to save Aunt May and subdue Kong without killing him, since we all know Spidey's adamant stance against not killing.

Kong means to kill Spider-Man.

Kong will not harm Aunt May in any manner.

Can the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man take down Kong and save Aunt May?

Scenario 1) Fight on the open streets of Manhattan at ground level.

Scenario 2) Atop the Empire State Building.

Rogue Jedi
Not sure Spidey can out Kong down.

Impediment
What if he was wearing the black suit?

Rogue Jedi
Then he'd be black?

Nephthys
1) Hmm, don't think he can at this point. Spiderman will eventually knock him out, but it'll take ages and Kong'll be getting hits of his own. I'd say a 50/50 split.

2) Yeah, Spidey pulls his big ass off the building and he falls to his death. Spiderman catches May on the way down.

Impediment
I dunno. The way I see it, Spidey uses his uber agility to crawl all over Kong and land powerful blows until Kong tires out or is KO'd.

Spidey could use his webs, but they might not be strong enough.

Then again, Kong is damn big. He may have some good damage soak.

Rogue Jedi
Dunno if webbing will hold Kong.

Robtard
Kong's not likely hitting Spider-man, even then, his durability is off the charts and he could likely take some giant ape swats.

But I'm not so sure Spider-man could KO Kong, despite his uber strength. Have to be some well placed temple/ear shots.

All in all, I'd say Spider-man in the end, but not easy.

Kaibs
I'd say Parker takes it 7/10. Kong gets 3 because of a lucky hit. Spidey has been shown to be able to be hit by big targets before so yeah. However he still takes the majority.

BruceSkywalker
Aunt May beats up Kong instead big grin

seriously though I'm with rob and kaibs

Kaibs
I dunno Bruce, Kong does have a thing for the ladies. So I'm inclined to believe she could get a shot in on him. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Spidey'd better web Kong's eyes.

Placidity
Spidey pulls Kong's hair out.

Darth Martin
Kong wins. This is a being who took multiple T-Rex.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Impediment
I dunno. The way I see it, Spidey uses his uber agility to crawl all over Kong and land powerful blows until Kong tires out or is KO'd.

Spidey could use his webs, but they might not be strong enough.

Then again, Kong is damn big. He may have some good damage soak.

I agree, the Spidey sense and Super strength is just to much for Kong. Even if Spideys webbing isn't strong enough to contain Kong it's definitely strong enough to be a valuable asset to Spiderman, one that will slow Kong down a great deal. I don't know that Kong would be strong enough to break out of Spidermans webs though, Spider webbing is incredibly strong. As much as i love Kong he is nothing more than a big dumb monkey.

NemeBro
I see Spiderman punching through Kong's skull and into his brain. no expression

the ninjak
Ummm Kong aint touching Spidey.

Once Peter webs up Kong's eyes. The military would easily take Kong down.
He won't do it on his own.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Then he'd be black? then he'd lose

chomperx9
Honestly though with his spidey sense and how slow kong is i dont think he can lay a hand or on parker. but then again I dont think there is anything spiderman can do anything to kong as well

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ummm Kong aint touching Spidey.

Once Peter webs up Kong's eyes. The military would easily take Kong down.
He won't do it on his own. Unless Spidey finds a huge piece of jagged metal and uses it as a blade to slice Kongs neck open.

Sadako of Girth
Good match.

Maybe Spiderman could set some kongneck-level web between buildings and such with the aim of spider-pianowiring Mr.Chimp or garotting him.

the ninjak
Unless Spidey finds a huge piece of jagged metal and uses it as a blade to slice Kongs neck open.

If Kong kills people sure. Or attach some C4 to the back of his neck.

Sadako of Girth
"T'was C4 that killed the beast.....not beauty."

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Not nearly as romantic, but just as effective.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Those pics should earn him a couple a hundred bucks at the Daily Bugle.

jinXed by JaNx
Unless Spidey finds a huge piece of jagged metal and uses it as a blade to slice Kongs neck open.

Even though i'm sure Spiderman could improvise some type of environmental weapon he could drop Kong with his strength. It still remains though that Kong is just a big dumb monkey. Big dumb animals don't use strategies or tactics, they chase their prey and rely on their strength. Spidey would have Kong chasing him into a trap or atop a building that he then knocks Kong off of. Kong has no chance here...,it's actually quite an embarrassing loss for the King.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
Those pics should earn him a couple a hundred bucks at the Daily Bugle.

laughing out loud

Dreampanther
No killing?

Umm, okay - what's to prevent Spidey from just grabbing some tranq darts on his way to the fight and then, once Kong is dosed up (yeah, I know, it might take a few hundred darts but so what - isn't Parker pretty good with chemistry?) Kong will either fall asleep or be so sluggish that he wouldn't be able to defend himself much anyway...

Parker 9/10 - Kong gets one IMO just because he might get in a lucky shot, however unlikely that is (after all, he's got Aunt May, so Parker might not be thinking clearly).

Impediment
No tranquilizers. Sorry.

Dreampanther
No tranquilizers. Sorry.

Changing the rules... mad mad mad

Impediment
Actually, no, I'm not. Tranqs aren't an option in this scenario. Why? Because I didn't state so in the OP.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. MVF rules.

Dreampanther
Actually, no, I'm not. Tranqs aren't an option in this scenario. Why? Because I didn't state so in the OP.

Sure, but you also didn't state that he is allowed to use his webbing - yet I assume that is acceptable. stick out tongue The reason I offered tranqs as an option is because according to Parker's bio he is a science whizz, and when dealing with a big, dangerous animal it is just common sense that he uses tranqs, as any person would do.

It doesn't really matter - I assume you wanted to see a physical fight between the two (even though you didn't specifically state so big grin ). My only point is that based on Parker's skills he has options BESIDES getting into a physical confrontation...

But, if you want to know whether I think Spider-Man will win in a fight against Kong using nothing besides his strength, speed, agility, spider-sense and webbing - then yes, I believe he will win more than he will lose - he has proven quite resilient in the past.

jinXed by JaNx
It's just a big monkey.

marwash22
Spidey in both.... easily.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
I see Spiderman punching through Kong's skull and into his brain. no expression

This.

Remove PIS from Spiderman's character and he can punch through Kong's flesh like it's nothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.