Legend of Zelda Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stringshredder
has anybody heard a rumour of hollywood making a legend of zelda movie.i downloaded a picture and i wqas just trying to dispell the rumour if it isnt true.any feedback would be appreciated

finti
laughing out loud

BackFire349
they're probably talking about the new game coming out in march. im sure some people are stupid enough to mistake a game for a movie these days.

finti
well they mistaken other games for movies so............

stringshredder
thats just what i thought it was,the trailor for the game,thanks for replying laughing out loud

mah
they ARE making a Metroid movie though

Tex
Oh God!roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
yeah. I wonder how they'll make a movie about a character that always goes alone, and has never said a word. but it's officialy confirmed to be made.

stringshredder
i think zelda would be a lot better movie if its done right and by the right people.maybe someone is working a script.i cant believe they're doing a metroid movie,great game but not so sure about the movie.

Mujaffa
peter jackson, george lucas and many more ppl,,must do that too make that type of film miffed

BOPRecruit 16
omg...there's going to be a movie of it?! this sounds tragic...j/k!

BackFire349
they should learn their lesson with tomb raider and not make anymore video game movies unless it is after a fighting game, ala mortal kombat.

mah
why would you want that backfire?

Ushgarak
Isn't Final Fantasy the exception of not making games into films? Ok, it wasn't great, but it wasn't crap either.

mah
um..I thought it was mindless garbage.

Ushgarak
Oh, ok.

ObieTrice 26
They r going 2 make a "Doom" movie.

Senor_Pessoba
and every other video game you can think of

chico23
yeah true I heard Devil May Cry movie is in the works

LindsIsTightK
I think they need to stop making every single video game into a movie. Metroid??? that really isn't nescessary is it??? I think that The Legend of Zelda would be cool, and so was Mortal Kombat, but c'mon, let's not get too out of control with these video games movies.~

BackFire349
mortal kombat was the only good video game movie, and for the record, final fantasy was garbage, really expensive garbage.

Senor_Pessoba
as soon as one of these video game movies really bombs and just doesnt make any money at all..they will probably think twice before putting another one out..same with the comic book movies...but since they have all been making decent money so far, they havent had to think about not making any more..as long as they are making money we will see video game and comic book movies for years and years

buffymitch
The best video game turned movies are TOmb raider and Resident Evil.
Mortal kombat, final fantasy thos were crap. Making a legend of zelda movie has been a wish of mine for a long time. I hope they do it and can't wait. It has somany story lines. It's the perfect choice. My favorite would be the ocarina of time. Can't wait

Mitsubishi
Resident Evil was alright, but it would've done better if it was just a zombie movie, not named after the game. And Tomb Raider...what the ****, how did that movie get a sequel? Lmao...Mortal Kombat: Annihalation(Sp?)

ZeldaScript4
I saw a post asking if anyone is working on a Zelda movie script. Well, I know a few others who are doing it, and a friend and I are working on one as well. We've spent the last year brainstorming and now we are working on the story outline and the actual script. We plan on sending this script out to some major studios as well as Nintendo once we get it finalized (a year?) and after spending a small chunk of change. Chances are.... not so good... after all, it's a movie based on a game.

They butchered Mario, the Pokemon movies should have been CGI, Final Fantasy had nothing to do with the games, Resident Evil was probably the best game-based movie, although it sucked. Lara Croft should have been re-cast and perhaps an "R" rating and maybe it would be good. Mortal Kombat was alright, but cheesy, though I loved how they tried to get every character into the second movie and then killed half of them within 30 seconds of them being on screen.

Now for this Metroid movie.... please.... PLEASE do NOT cast Cameron Diaz... for the love of all games!

damnation2
thank god somebody who whants to make a zelda movie i thought it would never happen iv been a a fan of the game since i was a young lad and wow was i surprised when i read somebody was working on a movie script.and yeah its true what u said about the mario movie and the F.F movie.

Slybaghouse
You don't think Angelina Jolie is the perfect Lara Croft? mad

What the f**k? They better not, I couldn't see her playing as Samus...

buffymitch
Don't give up guys. I support you 100 % I love Zelda games and M y favorite is The ocarina of time. If you don't want it to be like MArio or Mortal kombat make it a bit realistic. For example: Look at Spider-man and X-men. They are all comic book characcters but they made it a bit believable so that it doesn't look Cheesy. but on the other hand they have Mario or Mortal Kombat. Those movies sucked big time. Don't make it CGI or a cartoon. Make it a PG-13> make it serious. I hope you guys succeed. I have been waiting for this for years.
GOOD LUCK!!!!

TedO
The thing about Final Fantasy not being like the game.... well.... what one? Final Fantasy, for the most part, are completely different. There are a few main themes in them, and they were mostly in the movie. Even though they just should have made FF2 (american) the movie, because that had the best storyline.

Godshinto
I have actually written a couple of scripts nothing huge usually an origional play for my local schools and one or two movie scripts mostly I cultivate art students scripts for their class projects. It takes more than a couple of months or years to write a good script, it could take a lifetime. And especially if you are writing about a specified topic. You have to know the subject intimatley everything about it the story that the game was based upon which just about every game is. If you are stuck or don't think he script is going in the right direction give me an E-mail at [email protected] I always have time to help aspiring writers. Just one more really quick tip if you can't base a story around a subject make a similar subject that makes it easier to write about, if you don't get it, like I said you can e-mail me.

damnation2
well i think it would be sweet if it would be like loard of the rings style

TedO
Are you going to do it based on one of the games? If so, I suggest Orcarna Of Time, since it's the start of the series. Not the fist ame, but its story takes place before all the others.

LilMimister006
What about that Zelda:Link to the Past game back on the snes? That one seems to be one of my favorite zelda games even tho its on snes stick out tongue. Of course Final fantasy is my favorite game/series...the movie of ff was just like...bad. lol. but i think it would be a great idea if they started a zelda movie!! But who do you think should play as Link? blink

TedO
Good question, who should play Link.. off the top of my head I can't think of anybody... I'll have to think on this one.

Morph
Legend of Zelda would be great if it was made in the same style as Lord of the Rings

buffymitch
Morph you are right. I wish they split the ocarina of time in two movies. Three medalions for every movie. And do you guys think that link should have a name? I can't think of anything but i do want him to have a name

TedO
He has a name... Link

buffymitch
then how is it that you can give him a name in the ocrina of time. i thought link was just a way of refering to guy

TedO
You can give him a name in every game... it's mostly just to differentiate from the saved games on each cartridge/save pack.. but the actual characters name is Link.

buffymitch
oh. but wouldn't it be great if they gave him a name other than link. I would like that

TedO
No way, that would suck. Link is... well... Link. The name is him and he is the name. It wouldn't be a Zelda movie without Link

buffymitch
you have a point.

TedO
So who does everybody think should play Link? And I will slaughter all who say Leo DiCap

buffymitch
that will probably be the worst choice EVER. i have no idea. a newcomer would be great.

Godshinto
How about Paul Walker from the Movies Fast and Furious 1&2 he would be great with a fake accent and a nice set of cosmetic ears and of course the right wig he would be perfect.

TedO
Hmm... okay, so far he's in the lead.. anybody else?

damnation2
dude r u crazy people paul walker he would never be a good link.u need a young and stilled actor maby orlando bloom just a thought.but just try to picture pritty boy paul walker in a green suit.

mardook
Hi, I'm new here and this post caught my eye.
I too would also like to see a Zelda feature film or rather a series of films, perhaps a trilogy or quadrilogy. It would be in the best interest if unknown yet very talented actors portrayed the characters. Maybe give a cameo to a big star as one of the lesser important characters. However, not so soon it'd be ripped apart with comparisons to Lord of The Rings. Maybe somewhere down the line someone will get interested enough to bring it to the big screen. I've been writing my own Zelda script for the past 3 years.

sk8stuff09
THEY NEED A DONKEY KONG MOVIE!!! MAYBE COMPUTER ANIMATED?? Happy Dance

TedO
Donkey Kong? No. They tried that with a TV show... flopped. Movie would do the same.

BABOON
one actor who actually looks alot like link who may be decent in the role is the kid who plays simon on the show seventh heaven(yes i know its a lame show but my girlfriend makes me watch it) sad and zelda could be played by mena suvari stick out tongue

Kes
Don't use Caps Locks that means you are screaming.
Thanks smile

Javeous
I Remember watching X-men cartoons on Saturday Mornings, and wondering what it would be like to see a pg-13 version of them. Of course it came out ten years later and wasn't half bad; in my opinion. In comparison to a Zelda Movie, the zelda games are getting quite unrealistic and childish, and straying away from the original themes that drew us into the story of Hyrule. (They shouldn't have KILLED Hyrule in Wind Waker!)
The X-men comics and cartoons were easy to transpose into a movie because they didn't have the handicap of a childish game. If the movie ever comes out it'll be compared to the games. Which, at this point isn't a good thing. I think the timing has to be just right so it can attract a bigger audience and not get butchered. I won't get my hopes up. The story is great, and definately movie worthy. Come on! Charlies Angels hit the screen. Yeah, we know the story's worth way more than that. I strongly await to see the Legend of Zelda movie, or movies.
Back to the timing. It's possible to "Make" the timing right; I think. How about a really good series of books for people to read, and then have them build up to the movie instead of the games, so the comparing is drawn to the books and away from the games. What do you think? Please let me know.

TedO
The comparison will always be made to teh games. Because that's really what Legend Of Zelda is.

All they have to do is make the movie like Orcarana Of Time, which is the first game timeline wise. Or they could always just make a whole new storyline, but that doesn't always work too well for movies.

And for an actor... I don't know his name, but he's the youngest kid on Malcom In The Middle. Slap a blonde wig on him and he'd be awesome. He's got the kiddish look that Link is suposed to have. And here's one for Ganondorf: Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond. SCORE!

mardook
Since there is a subject about it, I might as well ask.

Who would you cast as the characters. Say if Ocarina of Time was the feature film.

Link:
Zelda:
Ganondorf Dragmire:
Impa:
Nabooru:
Ruto:
Darunia:
Saria:
Mido:

Also on for the Metroid movie!

Who do you see as Samus Aran?

smile

Kes
Well this question can be asked in the other thread.
Merging....merged stick out tongue

mardook
I should have justed posted it here. smile

Kes
It's ok. Hope it doesn't bother you that I merged the blink

mardook
Nope! Tho I was kinda hoping people could see it. cool

Kes
They will whe they read the new posts on this thread smile

TedO
Ganondofr should be Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond, like I said earlier.

And Ganon should be computer animated/puppet work.

BABOON
I think samus should be played by the woman who played the TX from terminator 3. love love love love

mardook
Not a bad idea!

What about the Zelda movie!?

I'm still deciding on who.

mardook
Happy Dance

Skittles19
hmmm.. I like rose McGowan as impa...
Orlando Bloom would be a good choice for link.. however it may too much like his role in LotR (blonde elf).

I would die if they cast that kid who plays simon on 7th heaven as link(he's too young and ugly).

We need someone new who's a good actor..and hot.
:P

Vin Diesal ad ganondorf? hmmmm

Screenwriter21
Back in Jan. 1997, I started writing an original script for zelda. The OoT came out so I did a little modifying and made it look like a sequel. Then I ended up writing a script for OoT with a slightly different ending. Following that was a third script to continue on from my original. So basically, I have a trilogy that are:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Return of the Hero
The Legend of Zelda: Collision in Time

Now what you all realize is that there is so much legal B.S. that you have to go through just to see Zelda on the silver screen. The franchise is literally in legal limbo. You need to copyright everything, obtain specified rights from Nintendo, find producers, etc. Nintendo wrote me once and said that they were in discussions with several producers, but that was years ago and I think Nintendo would say anything to get people off their backs. Maybe we should just turn our scripts into books first, seeing as how there aren't any of those either. Then maybe someone would see the potential Zelda has to be a movie. Anyhow, goodluck on any and all scripts in the works.

Catastrofic Luv
a legend of zelda movie script? i think is COULD be good but I'm kinda sceptikal cuz that Final Fantasy movie was complete and absolute bull... haha.

Rightcouch
How about Halle Berry as Impa?

Rightcouch
Maybe we should actually get into contact with the maker of Zelda and see what he thinks. I doubt he even knows how many people want a Zelda movie.

Ads
I heard that Nintendo is going to make Super Mario Bros. 2 and actually base it on the game this time make it more realistic. They also said they are going to try and get Maryln Manson in the movie to play one of the Kuppa's cousins.

ragesRemorse
hey man i read that someone said the final fantasy movie was bad because it wasnt based on a game, that was the best thing about it, it everything to make it feel like a game, the script was one that would be a video game i mean every game is a totally different story

ragesRemorse
yo and i think that cat your talkin about from seventh heaven would be good as Link, if they do make a movie i hope they do it when hes older i always hated the games when he was young, i only liked ocrana of time when he grew up

silentfaf
if it is on orcania of time u gotta cast 2 people as young and older link

ScreenWriterToo
I'm certainly intruiged with the idea. I have been writing theatre plays for half a decade (profesionally) and have recently been interested in screenplays. It's an extensive and complex process, so anyone tackling it has my respect. Especially to keep the Zelda "atmosphere", and translate it to the silver screen.

lukeyduckey
This is a great idea, I was a big fan of Zelda on the original nitendo and loved the first one on the n64.
I thought of Orlando Bloom but ppl are right in saying tis to much like lotr. I dunno maybe.......me!

HamJob
hell yeah, vin deisel as ganondorf! thatd be perfect! as for link... uhh.. i think that guy who played legolas maybe...i dont think there are any curren t celebrities that even resemble link i think it should be made with cgi. id like to play as link my self but i dont look ne thing like link, my friends tell me i look more like squall from ff8. and im only 5 feet 6 inches tall. child link's prolly around 4'8" or 5' and adult link's prolly about 6 foot. *sniff* lol. guess im outta the question...ah well, it should be made with cgi...

ragesRemorse
CGI is garbage ive enver seen CGI that looks real

ScreenWriterToo
I think you should focus on purposes/story/characters first. Casting decisions are only appropriate when made by studio executives.

HamJob
cgi is garbage?! look at metroid prime and the final fantasy games (not the movie, somthin wasnt right...)like, there's a sequal for the resident evil movie (that movie was an abomination to the games and men) and theyre casting that girl from time machine as jill. point being theres never a good choice for a character in a movie unless we dont know what the character looks like...

CaptainInsano
I admire that you wanna do some good but a zelda movie is completely unneccessary. I bet its gonna suck (I'm not saying your script but someone elses). If you wanna make the best zelda movie possible do it on ocarina of time which is the best game

Angel Luna
Vin Deisel as ganondorf! That would be SO funny! I'd love to see it if a movie was made ^^.

Leviathan-22
Man oh man, I hate Leo DiCrap-io...I must say that I think that Orlando Bloom from Lord of the rings was sweet. I think he has a good appearance to be LINK. I mean, after all Legolas and Link are both ELVES.

Leviathan-22
I'm saying that the thing that's missing from a Zelda movie is WHY? and when I mean why, I mean why is it Link (of course we all know why, but not just ONE reason) they should probably choose him as either: A Sole Survivor from a destroyed village or a kid (or elf) with "SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES" that becomes thee HERO.

If you think about the past, I mean Link got out of bed to help his uncle in the LINK TO THE PAST...That might not sound too easy to explain. I mean I could go, kill guards, and save the princess.>>
In Ocarina of Time, it seemed like he was more of a special kid, something better than the average kid.
Windwaker, well, that seemed like it was a little of the two previous ones

What I think may be a little tough about the movie's cast is the fact that they looked too cartoony from the Windwaker to put in with the Real People. It may seem that it might be easier cause it's not a martial arts movie, but I'll laugh my ass off if Macaulay Culkin is as LINK. I just wonder who should be Zelda? Any suggestions...

ahaetrkarykl
i think that a zelda movie could be cool. i would like it better if it was animated though, or if it was like toy story (i forget what thats called).

buffymitch
Its. called CGI. I wouldn't like it if they made this movie animated.
It became kinda boring. Zelda has to be real life. It will give you a feeling as if it really happened. Just like Lord of the rings.

Angel Luna
You all know there used to be a Zelda anime right? The animation was TERRIBLE!

Leviathan-22
Actually, I think that there really was a live action zelda movie made by the japanese. If there really was, then my only thought of it is "WHAT WAS THE STORYLINE" I'm pretty sure that it wasn't too good cause it might have left some things missing. However, since it seems that there are new characters being created in every game, the one they made probablly didn't have any real characters.

american_ZeRO
link should be a teenager (i'm thinking 17 or 16) becasue young link was single digits and then 7 years passed, (just keeping with the game) now that i think abou it, maybe link shouldn't talk at all, like in the game, that way we don't have to worry about whether the kid can act or not. just an idea

Kes
Not talking would only make a bad actor worst because that way he has to express his fealings with his face and body language.

BackFire349
i love the game, but i think a movie would be a mistake, it would go down the same road as the mario movie.

american_ZeRO
it wouldn't be that hard
smile = happy

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

buffymitch
backfire349 this movie will not end up like mario if they just made it serious.

Ginny-Star
If a movie WAS made, there's bound to be people who'll like it and some who won't. A Zelda film would be nice to see, after all the games based on it, and the Zelda universe is pretty much already there.

oomurph64
Hey this is Rob, a zelda movie would kick ass but only if it was done the right way. A fantasy/adventure/Lord of the Rings style would be the best way in my opinion. Have some great battle scenes and throw a little drama love shit between zelda and link but not too much. Having more then one movie is good too. I think the best way to base it on would be to foloow the Ocarina of time game. umm I like the idea of Robert from everybody loves raymond as ganandorf. Leonardo Dicaprio as link isn't that cool cuz leo's so old now. John Williams should do the music, he did the music for star wars and jurassic park and hook and stuff. and the guy who did the voice for darth vadar could do the voice for the deku tree.

crazy_c
A Zelda movie would be cool

Leviathan-22
Man, the worst thing about trying to do a movie and having it go awful is like that Dragonball movie, NOT THE ONE COMING OUT.

When I think about it, I think that the old movie LEGEND would seem like a fantasty style like Zelda. Yet, whoever doesn't know what I'm talking about, then YOU go **** off.

I think that most of the people chatting figure that Ocarina of Time holds a great story to it...and it's one that has a great dramatic entry, like Zelda actually being Sheik...That was wierd...but should the movie actually be Ocarina of time, or should it be another one?

oomurph64
It definitly should be the ocarina of time, its the best story

Mujaffa
cool

buffymitch
cool pic mujaffa

Leviathan-22
OKAY COOL...I'm down with the whole concept of the movie based on Ocarina of Time, even though Link to the past was a fun game...Windwaker would probably piss every single zelda fan off, from the cartoony look to the destruction of Hyrule, to the simple fact that it WASN"T EVEN LINK IN THE GAME...WE WANT LINK!!!!

Man o man, the sword fight scenes would be AWSOME, I can't stop thinking of that cool action...but should link just run around and kill those MOBLINS? or should he just fight the cooler enemies like those skeleton dudes that you blow up with bombs.

CaptainInsano
For the writers or directors who are making a script or whatever I strongly suggest you don't. Just leave The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to be a videogame. Yes It is one of my favorite stories and in my opinion easily the best game of all time, but I think a movie is a stupid way to make money. Plus too many people know the secret of Sheik! cool

buffymitch
I don't consider the sheik secret a problem. there are still a lot of people who did not play the game. If the writers and director just make a few changes you'll see that the movie will be great.

Leviathan-22
I agree with buffymitch, Many parents want to show the kids the shows that they use to watch, well now those kids can show their parents what video games they play, in just under 3 hours.

If the people with the rights to Zelda (assuming it's Nintendo) decide to make another game and release it after they do the movie, how exactly would anything seem new? With so many things to save, you kind of have to wonder if it seems like it's going to be any good. OKAY, for example, LTTP for the SNES had you find three medallions, and then rescue seven madiens; OoT had you find (another) three medallions, but you had to find seven sages. So, (excluding Windwaker) the new one could have what? You find the 3 triforce pieces and then rescue 7 what...

If you think about how long it takes to actually beat a zelda video game, without all that long slooooooooooooowwwww talking, and give 5-10 minutes for each dungeon, then you're looking at a pretty long movie. If they were going to do that movie and base it upon a game (let's say OoT) they'd have to atleast visit all of the levels and just go to the bosses, skip the whole level mazes, that should only be at Ganon's tower. Yet, most of the people would like to see link and zelda, or Saria, or even that Zora girl...whatever the case, they probably want to see Link bust out that *COOL* Technique called PIMPIN

Mujaffa
and i have some more ...if you'ld like to see em that is-- wink

Mujaffa
eek!

Kes
Ah already thinking about the publicity Mujaffa?! smile

Mujaffa
not exactely

american_ZeRO
i agree w/ leviathan. if they did make it into a movie, it would be incredibly long and drawn out, because you have SO MANY CHARACTERS and SO MANY DUNGEONS.

The only possible way out i can see would be to create a whole new plot. and then if nintendo has a part in the movie making process, they could work together to create a game and a movie that follow the same plot and have the same characters and what have you. atleast with a new plot and game, there could be more freedom with the film (if the game and film go hand in hand). if the tomb raider movies had done this, then maybe they wouldn't have seemed so horrible, because they could have a tie in with the gamers and the movie fans. and then people that have the game get free discounts at the theatre for showing the cd or whatever they will make games on in the near future. that if they create a movie from the game it'll bomb like the hindenburg, but if nintendo and the movie company teamed up and created a brand new game to come out with the movie, no one would be dissapointed (aslong as they keep with original aspects of the games...except windwaker)

Leviathan-22
That's truly believable, just think of how mario went down the drain with it's film. IT SUCKED, and for goodness sakes, It was mario. Even though mario was just a jump and bounce type game, it had no real purpose although it was made to be a great game and I truly loved Mario in 3-D...with mario, we all know Bowzer kidnaps Peach, but what insane method would mario use to kick Bowzer's ass? Rifles, those "BEEP BEEP" boots, or little bomb-ombs that were in the movie...

Stick to games to movies so that we can play it out before we get pissed off by the fact that a movie sucks when the game actually ranks in the top 5.

MESSAGE TO NINTENDO: "YOU SCREW UP A ZELDA MOVIE, AND I'LL START BY BEING A CONSUMER OF SEGA, OR X-BOX"

SaTsuJiN
The only thing I could say is that Shigeru Miyamoto better watch this develope very closely or its gonna be another video game to boxoffice to garbage can'er.

I think it could work but I dont like the idea of comparing it to lotr. Zelda is more or less a tale about rebirth and how timeless the battle between good and evil is. Lotr is not.... although they share certain qualities, zelda has its uniqueness.

I dont think Link should talk either.. it might screw it up -_- maybe only grunts or yells during fights like in smash melee big grin
I think if he does speak at all it should only be for something VERY important

OMG it should be in cg.... I dont think any grown man can ... err...fit into those white tights without ''exposing'' something if you catch the drift.. he already looks like he's having problems with that in soul calibur 2...O_O

mardook
OMG it should be in cg.... I dont think any grown man can ... err...fit into those white tights without ''exposing'' something if you catch the drift.. he already looks like he's having problems with that in soul calibur 2...O_O

LOL! That's friggin hilarious.

Anyway, I think you're right about him talking. I'd rather if languages were created to brutal detail. Would subtitles be a pain to read? Perhaps for the ppl who can't read good. The other thing is, some fat arse critic would probably say something to the effect of... oh why bother putting such details into a film based solely on a mindless video game! I say... it would answer the Link doesn't have to speak too much question! If someone cared enough to put massive tonnes of such details coupled with a great script, cast, direction and budget. It could be just as big as LOTR. Not necessarily better... I mean LOTR is the new Fantasy epic genre setter. Kind of hard to beat that or even make shoe print for shoe print, though who'd want to. The whole comparison thing is a big issue though. Immediately that would be the first thing to be picked at until more cracks crumbled the entire movie into a rip-off, carbon copy.

buffymitch
keep the pics comin mujaffa. I like zelda.

Leviathan-22
It might be a better idea for Link not to speak, from the games through out the games, Link never gives a WORD and correct me if I'm wrong, but if so; WHAT DID HE SAY?

Shit, Cloud from FF7 has dialogue and he's a kick ass character...Though, FF the movie SUCKED, It should have been made for some other game (you know, one that never has been released worldwide) Most people that make a game actually don't release everything that they think sucks, which we find awsome.

So, Link doesn't even say a peep, but all the other characters just blabber off taking the spotlight, while Link's in the shadows w/o dialogue. Yet, somehow those greedy characters know exactly what he's saying...And that would make a movie look awful. So, what...should Link be some kind of MUTE since birth? Or suffer a tremendous shock, making him unable to speak...ONE way or another, he's only going to say major speeches, or give facial expressions (which would look stupid) so, I don't know if talking is worse than Facial Expressions.

buffymitch
sometimes In the ocorina of time the othter characters ask you questions and you as a gamer should answer. I only played the ocorina of time so i don't know about the other games. I don't think it's such a good idea for link to just have facial expressions that would be just stupid and lame. The movie makers should give him a some dialogue.

Leviathan-22
so buffymitch, do you agree on my suggestions? Since you said that he should have some dialogue, From Smash bros. Melee you have an idea of what he sounds like...and he don't sound like a high pitched squeeky-voiced character. He's a MAN, and dammit...MEN kick ass and Samus, She's one of the guys on that topic.

If someone does make a movie, they might have an idea of what we all go through with all of the games, but they'll just sit and look at a picture and declare how Link dresses like a ***...So what, THAT'S LINK-AND LINK IS LINK; so don't change him around. Just like in X-men, Wolverine ran around in blue/yellow tights, but they gave him black leather (which was good), but if they give Link Green Leather and some cowboy boots instead of his other ones, I don't know what they'd be called then a lot of people gonna be in a uproar.

The best thing I can imagine from Zelda: -UNTITLED- is Link shooting of His MAGICAL FIRE OR SPIRIT ARROWS, but I don't get why Link isn't mentioned, but Zelda recieves all the fame...I had a friend (very stupid) and he thought that Link was Zelda. So the game should have been called, "Link: A Zelda to the Past" or "the legend of Link" not "legend of zelda" how many times is Zelda actually mentioned in some of these games?

If this is a BIGGGG thing for everyone, then shut the F.uck up, and just let them go back to zelda, but am I wrong when I say that the game should be titled upon the Main Character?

o kiMMii o
wow if they ever make this movie! its gona be interesting

SaTsuJiN
well without a doubt they better start off with link as a child and then pull the master sword. The movie should probably be 2 hours or so if they want to do the game justice. The longer the better, more character development. The adventures of young link into the timeless quest of adult link mmmm goodness. I wanna see how they're going to get link to use his tornado spin in the movie. Not to mention the spells.

the FFmovie team should help with the CG. This way we know its top quality

Leviathan-22
man, those people from the ff movie used cgi. CGI SUCKS ASS, If it's in cgi then it's going to be lame, If it's real then people will open up to zelda a lot more and become mesmerized by it. They have a lot of special effects, and think of Gollum from LORD OF THE RINGS. They could use that for any characters that are just too weird like the skeleton figures, but they could just add in any other characters.

Link should be cool if he gets a nice long sword fight scene (even though he never had a sword fight against ganon) and spice it up with doing a few flips/rolls. Zelda would be tops, cause she's actually a BABE...*whew*. Ganon would be fine with just some aggressive guy but I can't think of who could fit his role.

SaTsuJiN
well if you noticed there doesnt seem to be alot of young talent these days... I mean who's gonna play link? Haley Joel Osmant//Orlando bloom for Young//Adult Link ? noone else really looks like him. We cant just paint people up and expect them to have a cult following. Dont diss CGI either because it has come along way on its quest to create an alternate reality. People dont do thier own stunts anymore as sad as that is, and thats the good thing about GCI actors.. you can cut thier head off and dont have to worry about a lawsuit. With the right voice in addition to that you can aquire a believable performance smile

The Legend of Link? LMAO dont be silly that sounds stupid.. Zelda is a mysterious character in the game thus it is named after her. Besides Shigeru Miyamoto (creator) met a woman named Zelda so he named the series that because the name intrigued him so much.

Leviathan-22
Well still I think that CGI is good, but at the same time it should be used for special occasions...Like a character or a special type of move or technique. I can't imagine Haley Joel Osmant as young link, even though he's becoming a high noticed actor It might be a good idea to look for someone who would fit into the role a little better...

HOWEVER, if using cgi will make Zelda a better movie then I suppose that it shouldn't go wrong, the only thing wrong was I was disappointed was Final Fantasy was completely twisted, I don't think it was all that great. The CGI can be cool, but they better not throw something off the game and make Ganon have a brother or Zelda have some twin. Whatever, I just hope that when a Zelda movie comes out I'll go see it no matter what

steely balls
The Zelda movie should be a three part like lotr. Even though each LoTr movie was for each book. It would give them plenty of space to make a good movie. And link should be played by two unknown actors. It should be based on ocarina of time. Since it was great storytelling, and amazing characters.

buffymitch
I agree on link talking but i don't agree that the movie should be cgi. Like you said look what it did for Final fantasy. I don't know if i agree if themovie should be a 3 part because i don't think zelda has so many fans as lotr. two movies sound better .THey should not make any major changes. They should follow the exact same story line as the ocorina of time. And yes they should ask unknown actors for link and his adult version. Haley Joel Osment is next to Orlando bloom the worst choice.

omegadarkblaze
i think link should be an unknown but i think that if they do TOOT they sould have Daniel Day-Lewis as Ganondorf. the thing is that if they do a Zelda movie that they would have t make it to at leaset two movies because of the time change and the Dundgeons. also nintendo would have it be a PG or a G movie because nintendo wants it to be avaliable to kids. then if they do make it into a different story line Ganon, Zelda, And Link would HAVE to be in it. then comes the problem of ganon. he is a PIG!! it would be stupid to do it. i dought it will ever be made a movie. somethings are best left to use your imgaination and Zelda is one of them. the only nintendo video games that would make sense arew Metroid, F- Zero, Fire Elbum, and My fav Illusions of Gaia (script already in progress).

Leviathan-22
OKAY OKAY, Ganon as a pig just sounds just too much like a cartoon/movie and not a fantasy/movie. Just thinking of link run around and slashing up his foes and waiting for a SECOND movie to fight Ganon, then that just makes me want to see the second one more...Better yet, I have an idea (this is basically for myself, and any others that feel the same way) that might make a First movie sound more appealing. At the end of the first one, how bout Link fights ganon and ganon can smash him off of some tower and then everyone think that Links dead...So, Link wakes up where ever and that begins the second one

I'm not so sure that Nintendo will make this (Which I'm pretty sure that THEY DON'T WANT TO) but whoever does would put the ratings up for a teen and above (your basic PG-13) I mean, I've seen some crazy PG movies and I've seen pretty calm PG-13 movies but that doesn't mean that only 13-** are going to see it... yeah sure, stupid little eight year olds love sneaking in those PG-13 movies.

But who would want to cast as LINK/ZELDA/GANON if it is based closely on Ocarina of Time, and not your old Zelda Cartoon with the RIGHT handed Link...I have to listen closely on BUFFYMITCH, He might have a few tricks up his sleeves.

SaTsuJiN
I think people would be soooo ticked off if they had to wait for a second film to see Link vs Gannon. As long as the content is rich then I dont care how long or how many vids or cd's it takes lol

buffymitch
Levithian-22 your suggestions for two movies is a good idea. Actually a great idea. I hope nintendo reads this. Just after link opens the door of time, he fights ganon and loses. After that you see the destruction of Hyrule and then the movie ends. THen you can wait two years to see the next. So far it is the best idea i've heard on a Zelda movie.
For nintendo all they have to do is pick there movie makers right (directors and blah blah blah) They should have some say in it.
As for the rating i think it should be Pg-13 because if they make this movie serious and a bit darker than the game it self, you will have to use some kind of violence. I can't remember the rating of the game but i think you have be at least 13 years old to play this game on your self. Correct me if i'm wrong. The ocorina of time and Majora's mask did require some heavy thinking. And now for the big question: If this movie gets made, what will the cast look like. I have no idea. Those are some tough choices. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Saria and all of those sages. If i ever come up with some names i wil post it.
Hey anybody got pics I love those pics thanx

Leviathan-22
Ya know, maybe some really big fans (mainly like us) should have a big conference and compromise on a solution to this whole subject about a movie. Yeah sure, even though none of us have a hundred million dollars total, but that's where an idea can come from...If no one will take the balls to actually do anything about it, then just take it in your own two hands and mold it, sculpt it, and then add the finishing touches. What someone or somepeople need that most overlook is a professional screenwriter or producer. We could all just think about this, like how a lot of us feel that it should be based around the concept of Ocarina of Time. But, feeling that we might plain screw everything up then it might not be such a bright idea of dealing with all those negative feedbacks about the movie from other viewers saying, "Windwaker was Awsome, I'm angry that you didn't do that one...blah blah blah"

If you knew someone who really had bundles of dollars (like a big motorhome full of Benjamins) then let him do the talking and throw down a couple of those big bills...

Thanks for that support Buffymitch, Glad to know that we can see eye to eye on how it should look, MR SATSUJIN WANTS IT IN CGI...I say NO WAY, that's took plastic looking (I'm not saying CGI IS CRAP, I'm just saying that Link should be REALISTIC) WELL SATSUJIN, one word for you...BAKA

If I would like to see someone be in this movie, I'd like Orlando Bloom as Link (I think he'd measure up to Link's height, plus he's a very ENERGIZED person). Young Link would be (Boy, I can't think of anyone for that part). Zelda could be Hillary Duff (I couldn't think of anyone else, except for the part that she's pretty). Ganon (I think that one guy's guess isn't that bad, I'd have to say Daniel Day Lewis) Sorry for the fact that some of these can be pretty difficult, some people just don't know a lot of people so they'll just basically say anyone that pops in their head.

mardook
We could all just think about this, like how a lot of us feel that it should be based around the concept of Ocarina of Time. But, feeling that we might plain screw everything up then it might not be such a bright idea of dealing with all those negative feedbacks about the movie from other viewers saying, "Windwaker was Awsome, I'm angry that you didn't do that one...blah blah blah"

It should be based on Ocarina of Time. Also if someone really did want to do it properly, they'd have to reasearch the games and make sure everything links up past present and future. The story could be larger than what the game encompasses. All it takes if filling in the unknowns to the history and possible future outcomes. As for Orlando Bloom, believe me when I say that he isn't the only actor on the planet. He's what? 29... that's like having some 30 years old actress play a cheerleader in a Teen Flick.

SaTsuJiN
lol CGI will only look fake if you spend a short amount of time making it. Have you ever seen a WarCraft 3 cinematic? CGI is over the top and depending who has enough cash to support the project link can look VERY real. They can use motion capture to achieve the realistic movement of the body and so on. Link can look so fantastic if done right.
Zelda is a clean game with no gore and I'd like it to be kept that way. Pure fantasy all the way.

if you can honestly tell me how this looks fake then I'll consider being a baka: (CGI from FFmovie)

buffymitch
After my last post i started thinking about who will play Zelda and levithian-22 Hillary was the only one who came to mind. But i wouldn't like Orlando Bloom because this role is way to similar to his character from LOTR. This pic looks real but you can still see that it's somehoew animated.

Leviathan-22
well, I've been thinking and it might be a better idea of how it seems that a lot of hollywood use wires. If ganon somehow does something amazing and impressive, then it would seem better to have it in CGI cause then it wouldn't look all that amazing. Secondly, if you have someone (I don't know who) as Link, and this person grunts, then it's going to sound stupid (ehhhh!!! will be replaced by the Yahhhh!!!) Seeing as how no one is on set for a CGI film, then they should get the person who does the effects of LINK and I also think that Ganondork (hehe) would be a tough person to actually follow as of appearence.

Yes, I'm sad that I said I think it should be in CGI, but that doesn't mean that there won't be killing, but not senseless gore and intestines flapping all over the place. Put in some blood and some good special effects and I won't mind. Hell, it'd be something better than just typing about something...would you actually want to watch a zelda movie? or would you just sit at THE computer and continue typing about BLAH BLAH?

buffymitch
I still think it should be real life. Yes a lot of Hollywood uses Wires but if they use the simple stunts it would still look cool. you can't actually put them next to each other but look at Gladiator. The fight scene in that movie were all done without wires and they were still good.

I don't know i f nintendo ever thought about making Zelda into a movie. But we can make them think. Why don't we send this whole trhead to Nintendo or someone who can do something about it. If we don't do this this movie might never be made. Just a thought

BackFire349
id like to know who would be playing link

Leviathan-22
okay, I think it seems a lot tougher to figure out the good, in this case who'd be who?

Let's focus on an alternative...who would you hate to see as someone, in this case. I'd hate to see Cameron Diaz as Zelda or Brad Pitt as Link (the thought of that would make it seem Rated R). SO, WHO DO YOU NOT WANT TO SEE IN THIS MOVIE? and yes I did Say "NOT"

BackFire349
well, link shouldnt be to masquline.

omegadarkblaze
i dont want to see leo di caprio or paul waker as link and deffnatly no kate hudson for zelda.

Dante Hicks
It would have to be live action, CgGI for some of the monsters maybe, but real good CGI like in the two towers with the Urukhai army and tree beard or motion capture like Gollum. as for the roles, i could see young Link being played by one of the twins who played Julian in Big Daddy (theyre older now plusthe film is still a while away so theyed be oldr then too), adult Link is a trickier prospect, but i think the guy who played pippin in LOTR could be an interesting choice. young Zelda could be played by Michelle Traschenberg(hope thats spelled right!) from BTVS while adult Zelda could be played by someone like Katie Holmes (dawsons creek) I cant think of anyone better to play Impa that halle berry, shes pretty much ideal for the part. Gannondorf would have to be played by someone with a real aura of menace but who could pass as a noble guy if needed, a younger version of Chritopher Walken would be ideal, but hes slightly too old so, what about Kiefer Sutherland? (24, Lost Boys, phone both).
As for plot, id like to see 2 movies, the first based on Ocorina of time, but at the end the escape from the tower is the end,and link doesnt get sent back to his time (YET!) then in the sequel Gannon awakens, Zelda dissapears (taken by Gannon) and link has to find her, this also helps with the dungeon problem as the dungeons could be split over 2 films with a little bit of reworking in the storyline. Gannon isnt shown untill the end of he film where link fights him, and hes done using CGI or motion capture(like the moria cave troll). i think the scene that would have to be left in for definate would b the dark link scene, id love to see that done well! anyone got any other ideas?

oomurph64
K, I'd just like to say, anyone who thought that Link shouldn't talk in the movie is an idiot. What the F.uck is the point of that? He can still remain his true character even though he has lines. Orlando Bloom as Link is also a dumb idea. That guy is too old and he doesn't wanna be playin characters like Link his whole Life. Get someone whos like 17 or sumthin.
And there would be ways to make 3 movies out of Ocarina of Time but still show that he has to do all the stuff, it could just like show clips of him doing some dungeon stuff and have like someone narrating and liek stuff.. and once in a while it shows a great battle scene. I like the idea of Hilary Duff playing Zelda.. anyways thats it see ya

SaTsuJiN
You're the idiot.... Link hasnt spoken a single word in any zelda game. Who are you to say that tradition should be broken? I think the only person to have a say in that is Shigeru Miyamoto

Kes
Ok guys (girls?) easy.

Leviathan-22
I think the coolest would be the masters sword, that just kicks ass. It's like NEO compared to the matrix, just too much for words...even though that masters sword takes four slashes to kill some enemies. So it's pretty obvious, unless you're stupid, that Link/Zelda/Ganon are going to be in a movie. Yet, what enemies would you want to see (as so you wouldn't be disappointed with it) in the movie?

Also, since a lot of those dungeons have little puzzles, you won't really want to see someone go through back and forth through just one level. I really must say that the movies should about 2 1/2-3 hours with two films so that might either mean to leave some of those dungeons really short OR longer dungeons-less plot (In fact, they could develop this so that there are some dungeons that are meant specifically for a movie). I would like to also know about those end bosses in those levels, I'm not expecting to see seven main bosses, but keeping it close to either 2 or 3 would seem more detailed.

Yeah, know that I think about it, Orlando Bloom is cool, but leave this work for another younger actor. I suppose that those one kids from big daddy would seem the closest to young link that I can think. I have no idea of who could be Ganon, I'd figure that the easiest way to match him is to use the figure from Ocarina of Time. I'd have to either say Ralph Fiennes or Arnold Vosloo. I can't imagine anyone else, like the deku tree or saria. Any suggestions?

PROdog6
yea know thatb i think about it i think 2 movies would be best....and monsters would have to be cgi i guess.....but not loads of them...and what monsters exactly?

as for the casting i think a really good i dea is....
well you know pop idol? or american pop idol? well they should set up a whole thing like that over america AND england and get loads off ppl that look like link to come and try out and audition...including famous actors too....but they dont get extra credit for being famous already.....everyone judged fairly...
well i think thatd be a great idea...itd solve a lot of problems....and the mix between amerixcan and english actors wouold be great and youd get more viewers......unkike every actor being american...some english ppl might just think...o just another amirican piece of crap...or the other way round...(i dont mean to be offensive to americans sorry) but you know what i mean....and well youd have a huge competition...which is great for advertising too and there could be a whole big public voting thing...on actors that are american and english...and well itd be way cool, what does everyone think?

PROdog6
yea, know that i think about it i think 2 movies would be best....and monsters would have to be cgi i guess.....but not loads of them...and what monsters exactly?

as for the casting i think a really good i dea is....
well you know pop idol? or american pop idol? well they should set up a whole thing like that over america AND england and get loads off ppl that look like link to come and try out and audition...including famous actors too....but they dont get extra credit for being famous already.....everyone judged fairly...
well i think thatd be a great idea...itd solve a lot of problems....and the mix between amerixcan and english actors wouold be great and youd get more viewers......unkike every actor being american...some english ppl might just think...o just another amirican piece of crap...or the other way round...(i dont mean to be offensive to americans sorry) but you know what i mean....and well youd have a huge competition...which is great for advertising too and there could be a whole big public voting thing...on actors that are american and english...and well itd be way cool, what does everyone think?

PROdog6
im really sorry i sent that one twice my computer messed up

Regard
Who would you cast as the characters. Say if Ocarina of Time was the feature film.

Link: (child)Haley Joel Osmond/(adult) Heath Ledger
Zelda:Mischa Barton/Liv Tyler
Ganondorf Dragmire: Ralph Fiennes/Harrison Ford/Gary Busey
Impa: Natasha Henstridge/Famke Janssen
Nabooru: Michelle Rodriguez/Keira Knightley
Ruto: (child)Hilary Duff/(adult)Amy Lee
Darunia: (voice)John Goodman/(voice)Michael Clarke Duncan
Saria: Scarlet Pomers/Alyssan Hannigan
Mido: Lee Cormie
Deku Tree: (voice)Sean Connery/(voice)Leonard Nimoy
Rauru: Rowan Atkinson/John Cleese

Also on for the Metroid movie!

Who do you see as Samus Aran?

Definately, most definately, all the way Michelle Rodriquez! Boo-yah, baby! smokin' eek!

PROdog6
i like your ideas for some of thecast....but i dont see hilary duff playing ruto at all......maybe with a LOT of makeup...but id rather it be sumone completly new....and who looks better! lol.
and pierce brosnon...nah i dont think so realy...hes too old now...we need someone else....maybe jonny depp? i dont know but not brosnon...he hasnt got the right voice for it.
oh and rowan atkinson...well hes more of a comedy guy isn he? hes he just doesnt fit the part...he has a reputatiopn for completly different types of films.....its a whole new thing for him that might not go down so well....
your other ideas are great though....but maybe sumone more...violent and full of action kinda girl for samus aran really...

Leviathan-22
SHEESH, I HATE THAT IDEA OF HEATH LEDGER...He's too older than Orlando and everyone says Orlando's too old, so that's like putting butter on butter on toast. We want someone with more potential and can actually bend over without breaking their back. Just like that idea of Jackie Chan as Goku for the DBZ movie, that's bullshit. Jackie is almost fifty. I do see Famke Janssen wouldn't be bad, but depends on who we're talking about. She wouldn't be a good Zelda, but maybe a better Impa, but I'd rather have Michelle Rodriguez be that. I'd also hate to say that Haley Joe Osment wouldn't see too active in his part as a little Link, he's more of a dramatic actor. I could see that Ralph Fiennes wouldn't make a bad Ganon, but too many people whine about who's too old so I'll just leave that to a discussion of other members. Nicolas Cage would be a second guess for Ganon, but that voice is just not too sinister. But I'd also have to say that Ray Park would seem perfect for Ganon.

In fact I have a better idea for Link, how about that cool singer from Mindless self indulgence. Then you'd love to see some awsome rated R stuff (actually, I was joking). But what enemies will you want to see in the movie, and say something good like that enemy in OoT that use to go "ahhhhhh" (I'm actually moking the REDEAD), and don't say "the one that Link kills" although, those redeads should be a MUST if it's based on/around the idea of Ocarina of Time.

buffymitch
Regard you have some interesting choices ther my favorite is Micheal Clarke Duncan for Darunia. They have to get him. Your choices for Link don't sound to good for me. Haley wil ruin this movie and heath ledger is way to old and tall for this role. Althought they are good choices you have to keep in mind that you can't have an all star cast they just won't do it. Ans these people won't take roles that are too similar to previous roles.

mardook
S!!T... I thought I posted here. Darn it! Anyway... I agree with you about Micheal Clarke Duncan. However, I think all the Zelda Characters such as Ruto, Darunia, the Owl, Dekus and such should be done in a culmination of animatronic puppets and cgi and actors doing the voices. The animatronic work should be done by Stan Winston and not Jim Henson's Workshop or Amalgamated Dynamics or whatever those guys are called. As for who should be Link and Zelda? I think its a best shot if someone low-key and not too expensive if choosen. Samewise for the other pivotal characters. Now, the story I imagined and wrote up spans roughly into 4 movies but that's only a wet dream. Though, I think the story shouldn't heavily focus on Link's dungeon escapades, though some of the boss monsters should be shown. Not in the go throw dungeon meet boss type of thing, but rather Link comes upon the destroyed Dungeon to find a monster yada yada. A 2 part story would be sufficient if they are comparable in length to the Lord of The Rings movies... roughly 2 and a half or 3 hours. So a six hour opus, but we will see right?! Or not! The story again, has to be great... it has to unfold very fast but with moments of pacing to keep it from falling apart. Part one should end in a cliffhanger of sorts. What kind of Cliffhanger?! Dunno... how about this as a wacky idea. Link has to get to Ganon who is being manipulated by two of his servants who are in turn doing evil work for an even mysterious dark force that will reveal Ganon's true ancestry. Huh Huh Huh??? "covers himself"

I figured as much... oh well. Good luck y'all.
:

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>