Can Desaad break these character's will?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Desaad can use any torture device he has. Not in any order.

1. Hal Jordan
2. Dr. Doom
3. Mr. Sinister
4. Captain America
5. Batman
6. Magneto
7. Lobo
8. Spider-Man
9. Norman Osborne
10. Sinestro

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1513/87505-120533-desaad_large.jpg

tkitna
1. Hal Jordan - Yes
2. Dr. Doom - Doom breaks Desaads will
3. Mr. Sinister - Eh, not sure, but will say yes
4. Captain America - No
5. Batman - No
6. Magneto - Yes
7. Lobo - No
8. Spider-Man - Yes
9. Norman Osborne - Yes
10. Sinestro - Yes

Prep-Man
I could see Desaad breaking Batman's will.

Black bolt z
Captain America and Doom he has no chance of breaking.

Uriel005
1. Hal Jordan- yes
2. Dr. Doom- Doom pulls him away from Darkseid to work for him
3. Mr. Sinister- Think Apocalypse broke his brain too much to be an issue
4. Captain America- Captain America does not break... Period.
5. Batman- Batman wouldn't be done through direct torture but if he gets to bat family definitely could break Batman's will
6. Magneto- Hmmm... depends is this utterly ruthless magneto or what? Magneto at his most ruthless does not break. But current and more commonly seen semi-softy for mutants Magneto does.
7. Lobo- LoL he calls whatever Desaad does a spa treatment... Unless he threatens the Space Dolphins then Lobo breaks whatever is holding him down even if it was Omega Sanction given physical form to break Desaad in half with his pinky.
8. Spider-Man- yes and easily Peter has never been the most stable character. Very prone to angst.
9. Norman Osborne- a$$hat crazy Norman or regular Norman. Regular breaks crazy one is too crazy
10. Sinestro- Yes...

Allankles
1. Hal Jordan - Yes.
2. Dr. Doom - No. His sociopathic pride would have him die first.
3. Mr. Sinister - Yes.
4. Captain America - No.
5. Batman - Desaad would come close but Bats would pull through. He's psycholgically susceptible though.
6. Magneto - Yes.
7. Lobo - No. Nihilistic, he'd die first.
8. Spider-Man - Yes.
9. Norman Osborne - Yes.
10. Sinestro - Yes.

I dare say though that if he could keep them from dying and keep them totally conscious throughout, with the exception of Lobo (who's an immortal at home with the deepest pain, psychological or otherwise) they'd all break eventually.

Allankles
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I could see Desaad breaking Batman's will.

After a long time he could. In defense of Bats though, of the non-immortals here he probably has the greatest staying power.

He's endured more rough times than the rest, so he'd hold out the longest, though the level of his resistance will yoyo throughout given his issues i.e. he'll come close to breaking sooner but will continue to resist past the expected breaking point.

Basically, he'll suffer the most here. It's a testament to the guy he is that he's endurable because of his vulnerability. Remember he was already tortured for years by Desaad (the better part of 10 years IIRC) during Rock of Ages.

Mshinu
Parker breaks first, followed by Norman.
Sinestro and Hal are fighters but give in after some time.
Cap, Bats and Magneto can hold out for very very long but eventually he will find a way to break them.
Sinister might not even feel physical or emotional pain. IRRC part of the reason he let Apoc mutate him was to get rid of this.
Doom and Lobo ain`t breaking.

Gecko4lif
He breaks everyone except lobo

TheLordofMurder
The more he tortures Doom, the more hellbent Doom will become at making him pay for doing this to him; thus Desaad will only make Doom stronger emotionally by torturing him...

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mshinu
Parker breaks first, followed by Norman.
Sinestro and Hal are fighters but give in after some time.
Cap, Bats and Magneto can hold out for very very long but eventually he will find a way to break them.
Sinister might not even feel physical or emotional pain. IRRC part of the reason he let Apoc mutate him was to get rid of this.
Doom and Lobo ain`t breaking.

Cap doesn't break. Desaad could go at him for the next thousand years and still recieve a loogie to the face when asking Cap for info. Also ruthless Magneto does not break but standard Magneto does.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Uriel005
Cap doesn't break. Desaad could go at him for the next thousand years and still recieve a loogie to the face when asking Cap for info. Also ruthless Magneto does not break but standard Magneto does.

They`d break, it is just a matter of time until their shriveled minds will agree to anything.
And I am a Magneto fanboy. stick out tongue

Uriel005
They`d break, it is just a matter of time until their shriveled minds will agree to anything.
And I am a Magneto fanboy. stick out tongue

I don't know about that I've always felt that from the beginning before Cap began pulling meta level stuff despite being "peak human" was that he had an unbreakable will. I would think rather than breaking, his mind would just disconnect from pain and external stimuli first.

Mshinu
I don't know about that I've always felt that from the beginning before Cap began pulling meta level stuff despite being "peak human" was that he had an unbreakable will. I would think rather than breaking, his mind would just disconnect from pain and external stimuli first.

I have no dobut that all the guys on the list can block out pain during a fight and most of them can also ignore a session of cutting or electrocution or whatever. But when made a plaything in Desaad`s dungeons, deprieved of sensory input and sleep, exposed to drugs etc and never knowing when or what will happen next they will eventually break. Cap may take anything when he is fresh, but he will be reduced to a shell of his former self in time.

Uriel005
A shell yes but like I said I think he would be more likely to withdraw from all external stimuli and essentially lose connection with his body. Like a person whose body isn't doing anything but still retains mental capacity.

CosmicComet
I think Lobo is the only definite no, maybe Sinister too.

Lord Feron
Aint doing shit to Cap doom or lobo.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Aint doing shit to Cap doom or lobo.

-Pr-
I don't see him breaking Hal, tbh...

Omega Vision
Yeah, Desaad is good but he's no Parallax.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by tkitna
2. Dr. Doom - Doom breaks Desaads will

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Aint doing shit to Cap doom or lobo. This

quanchi112
Only one I see is osborne.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I think Lobo is the only definite no, maybe Sinister too.

Yeah, Lobo would just laugh at Desaad, unless he comes up with some crazy contraption.

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
After a long time he could. In defense of Bats though, of the non-immortals here he probably has the greatest staying power.

He's endured more rough times than the rest Doom has shown greater displays of willpower than Bats.

How has he had more rough times than Doom?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom has shown greater displays of willpower than Bats.

Is Doom the #1 in will? Only humans.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Is Doom the #1 in will? Only humans. No thats cap. But doom is a close second.

Allankles
Doom has shown greater displays of willpower than Bats.

Given his stats Batman puts himself in a ton more danger than Doom, he's suffered torture more than once too.

Allankles
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see him breaking Hal, tbh...

I think Hal is one of those who'll definitely break. Take away his ring and you have one willful airforce pilot, he's tough under that Oan power but still ultimately fodder to an immortal torturer, whose probably broken tougher nuts through the ages.

OneDumbG0
Given his stats Batman puts himself in a ton more danger than Doom, he's suffered torture more than once too. nono

Tha C-Master
I couldn't see most of them giving in, being heroes and all. I don't know. Spider-Man might seem mopey but he never had a broken will from what I can remember.

Mindset
yes doom is number 1 in will

Mindset
Given his stats Batman puts himself in a ton more danger than Doom, he's suffered torture more than once too. well, youre wrong

Omega Vision
well, youre wrong
You're seriously going to argue that a man who hides behind Iron Man level armor and sends robotic duplicates to do most of his dirty work puts himself in more danger than Batman?

Oh...wait...I'm taking you seriously again.

I got to stop doing that. flirt

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You're seriously going to argue that a man who hides behind Iron Man level armor and sends robotic duplicates to do most of his dirty work puts himself in more danger than Batman?

Oh...wait...I'm taking you seriously again.

I got to stop doing that. flirt Yes when he is going up against Galactus, Beyonder, Magus w/ the IG, and Akhenaton with hotu powers, etc. but oh wait, HE HAS ARMOR!

Omega Vision
Yes when he is going up against Galactus, Beyonder, Magus w/ the IG, and Akhenaton with hotu powers, etc. but oh wait, HE HAS ARMOR!
Which are a few sparse incidents weighed against a lot of time spent on his throne scheming from afar.

Batman meanwhile is out on the streets every night.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Which are a few sparse incidents weighed against a lot of time spent on his throne scheming from afar.

Batman meanwhile is out on the streets every night. Yea, those street thugs are pretty intimidating.

I don't think you really read comics involving Doom if that's what you think of him.

Allankles
Yes when he is going up against Galactus, Beyonder, Magus w/ the IG, and Akhenaton with hotu powers, etc. but oh wait, HE HAS ARMOR!

Doesn't Batman do the same thing as a hero in big crisis events? Stand up to foes that can disintergrate him in a moment?

On top of that Batman is vulnerable to damn near anything in his costant war against crime.

Mindset
You tell me according to you he puts himself in a lot more danger than Doom. How does he do that?

Allankles
A) He's totally human and fights or puts himself into combat situations where a stray bullet in the vicinity of the lower half of his face could end him.

B) He's further restricted by his non lethal methods. If he were just out to kill these guys life would me much easier for him.

C) Just putting on the suit and stepping out of Wayne Manor everytime is an act of courage.

D) Despite his so obvious vulnerability he's throwing himself in constant danger against opponents who (a lot more times than Doom) outclass him.

Mindset
lol ill respond later just let me lol for now

Allankles
yeah lol, but last I checked guys like Galactus, Magus, Sentry et al are not part of Doom's "rogues" gallery, nor does he have the misfortune of having to deal with those level of threats with any regularity, those are rare one off events. Further it is obvious who is the more vulnerable of the two all things considered,

Between Detective Comics, Batman, Superman/Batman, JLA and those major event crisis Batman just experiences more danger than Doom. That's not a knock on Doom, it's just the reality of the situation.

quanchi112
Doesn't Batman do the same thing as a hero in big crisis events? Stand up to foes that can disintergrate him in a moment?

On top of that Batman is vulnerable to damn near anything in his costant war against crime. Doom outclasses batman. Batman also has the benefit of having the jla have his back.

OneDumbG0
yeah lol, but last I checked guys like Galactus, Magus, Sentry et al are not part of Doom's "rogues" gallery, nor does he have the misfortune of having to deal with those level of threats with any regularity, those are rare one off events. Further it is obvious who is the more vulnerable of the two all things considered,

Between Detective Comics, Batman, Superman/Batman, JLA and those major event crisis Batman just experiences more danger than Doom. That's not a knock on Doom, it's just the reality of the situation. Beyonder, twice. Galactus, twice. Watchers, three times. Celestials on Counter-Earth. Akhenten w/THOTU. Thanos w/IG. Magus w/CCUs. Mephisto, every single year, until he defeated him. Overmind. Marquis of Death. Nightmare's army of all Earth mages. Two different Sorcerer Supremes. Every Earth hero team. Several actual Gods. Several Hulks. A Herald. Several Omega-class mutants. Also: Luke Cage.

Doom is not afraid to fight without his armor or resources. It's exactly what he did when he confronted Reed who had taken over Latveria. It's exactly what he did when he fought in the contest for the Sorcerer Supreme title.

Batman fights White Martians with fire. Batman fights Superman with Kryptonite. Batman fights ALE Darkseid with Radion. Batman doesn't just use plot-device weaknesses, he also gets kids involved and uses them to help him. One boy: killed. One girl: killed. Another boy: his only parent killed. Another girl: shot through the spine and paralyzed. Another boy: likely molested, who has now taken in another boy, who just got captured by the Joker.

Batman: you're the best.

Allankles
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Beyonder, twice. Galactus, twice. Watchers, three times. Celestials on Counter-Earth. Akhenten w/THOTU. Thanos w/IG. Magus w/CCUs. Mephisto, every single year, until he defeated him. Overmind. Marquis of Death. Nightmare's army of all Earth mages. Two different Sorcerer Supremes. Every Earth hero team. Several actual Gods. Several Hulks. A Herald. Several Omega-class mutants. Also: Luke Cage.

Doom is not afraid to fight without his armor or resources. It's exactly what he did when he confronted Reed who had taken over Latveria. It's exactly what he did when he fought in the contest for the Sorcerer Supreme title.

Batman fights White Martians with fire. Batman fights Superman with Kryptonite. Batman fights ALE Darkseid with Radion. Batman doesn't just use plot-device weaknesses, he also gets kids involved and uses them to help him. One boy: killed. One girl: killed. Another boy: his only parent killed. Another girl: shot through the spine and paralyzed. Another boy: likely molested, who has now taken in another boy, who just got captured by the Joker.

Batman: you're the best.

How many are those? 20 or so incedencents you've listed over 4+ decades, how many more times does Batman face foes who outclass him physically? The PIS elements against those foes don't change the fact that he's literally always a second away from being dead.

As for his emotional baggage, I did mention that it'll make him vulnerable to the torture he'll face, but it is that same vulnerability that makes him endurable.

Unlike the other guys in this thread he's the one that will cope best with having his entire ego dissected, deconstructed, warped, mocked and thrown down the gutter. He can cope with complete and total vulnerability better than Doom or anyone in this thread.

He'll suffer the most but endure longer through an ego destroying roller coaster of a torture session. Only Lobo in this thread because of his nihilism (ignoring the wise cracks the guy is nihilistic) could survive an eternity under Desaad without breaking.

OneDumbG0
How many are those? 20 or so incedencents you've listed over 4+ decades, how many more times does Batman face foes who outclass him physically? The PIS elements against those foes don't change the fact that he's literally always a second away from being dead.I'm sorry that when Victor Von Doom was brutally orphaned as a young gypsy child, he decided to wipe out all crime and poverty from his country, and actually succeeded... whereas when Bruce Wayne was brutally orphaned as a young trust fund baby, he decided to wipe out all crime and poverty in his city, and still fails to this very day... which is why he is always risking his life inherently. Due to phail.

Ultimately, the magnitude of odds Doom has faced dwarfs that faced by Batman. Consistently.Originally posted by Allankles
As for his emotional baggage, I did mention that it'll make him vulnerable to the torture he'll face, but it is that same vulnerability that makes him endurable.

Unlike the other guys in this thread he's the one that will cope best with having his entire ego dissected, deconstructed, warped, mocked and thrown down the gutter. He can cope with complete and total vulnerability better than Doom or anyone in this thread.

He'll suffer the most but endure longer through an ego destroying roller coaster of a torture session. Only Lobo in this thread because of his nihilism (ignoring the wise cracks the guy is nihilistic) could survive an eternity under Desaad without breaking. Doom's will > Batman's will. Doom does not need a Zur-En-Arrh contingency persona in case his will breaks like Batman's did. That's because Doom's will doesn't break.

psycho gundam
Beyonder, twice. Galactus, twice. Watchers, three times. Celestials on Counter-Earth. Akhenten w/THOTU. Thanos w/IG. Magus w/CCUs. Mephisto, every single year, until he defeated him. Overmind. Marquis of Death. Nightmare's army of all Earth mages. Two different Sorcerer Supremes. Every Earth hero team. Several actual Gods. Several Hulks. A Herald. Several Omega-class mutants. Also: Luke Cage.

Batman: you're the best. http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6549/icameghostbuster.jpg

Uriel005
I still say Batman would break when Desaad brings in the bat family to get tortured in front of Batman's face. guaranteed quick break but not much else does it.

Mshinu
If you disolved Victor Von Doom in a vat of acid, leaving just one of his brain cells alive, that cell would be screaming "I AM DOOM! MY WILL IS SURPEME!

I think Desaad would break any human except Doom.

Sinister don`t feel pain. Lobo is, well.. Lobo.

SamZED
If you disolved Victor Von Doom in a vat of acid, leaving just one of his brain cells alive, that cell would be screaming "I AM DOOM! MY WILL IS SURPEME!
ROFL win thumb up

Uriel005
^agreed though I still think Cap doesn't break, well Steve Rogers Cap Bucky might and probably would.

tkitna
Didnt Doom go through the actual hell once with nothing more than willpower (armour was powerless at the time or something like that). I admit that i'm not sure, but I thought I read that before. If so, thats pretty damn impressive.

Not capping on Bats either as I know he's the real deal too, its just that I was curious about my question.

twizzlers713
why is everyone saying that mr willpower, hal jordan, is going to break? hal, steve, bruce, doom win

Uriel005
Originally posted by twizzlers713
why is everyone saying that mr willpower, hal jordan, is going to break? hal, steve, bruce, doom win
Hal has broken before, and broken badly at that. I mean snapping and blowing Oa to kingdom come is pretty bad breaking there.

-Pr-
Hal has broken before, and broken badly at that. I mean snapping and blowing Oa to kingdom come is pretty bad breaking there.

because he was infected by parallax.

Mindset
Doom would have taken over Parralax sneer

Allankles
I'm sorry that when Victor Von Doom was brutally orphaned as a young gypsy child, he decided to wipe out all crime and poverty from his country, and actually succeeded... whereas when Bruce Wayne was brutally orphaned as a young trust fund baby, he decided to wipe out all crime and poverty in his city, and still fails to this very day... which is why he is always risking his life inherently. Due to phail.

In defense of Batman he'd have to become a tyrant to stop crime in Gotham dead. It is a possibility he's considered but rejected in favor of the harder but higher road. And you agree that Batman faces danger more often than Doom, this wasn't about who has faced the bigger threat, it was about who faces danger more often, who faces down the odds more often relative to their capabilities, the answer is undoubtedly Batman.

Uriel005
Originally posted by -Pr-
because he was infected by parallax.

Still means his will wasn't strong enough to take on Parrallax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.