Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds (a.k.a. Warriors of the Wind) (1984).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrowRoboto
Awesome Sci-fi/fantasy adventure epic from Hayao Miyazaki that was my first experience on Miyazaki since i was 5 years old about 24 years ago under the New World Pictures "Warriors of the Wind" version and loved it and one of my first anime movies.

I remembered in the late 90's when i was 17 in one of my city's high schools, i had an anime class which was showing fansubs and i borrowed Nausicaa from the teacher and copied it on VHS as i realized how different it was from Warriors of the Wind. I waited years for the day when Warriors will come out on DVD and it did about 7 years ago and i was happy with a better superior dub plus subs and uncut.

This movie is like Dune (Only better than that Lynch monstrocity which came out the year of Nausicaa as this the film Lynch's dune should have been), Star Wars, Mononoke and Avatar all combined. Who agrees with me even with it being similar to Avatar? afterall James Cameron loves Hayao's stuff including Nausicaa as both Nausicaa and Avatar are alike in the Sci-fi fantasy epic department have beautiful worlds, toxic air, warriors who fight against a substance and that sort of thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.