Mario vs Sonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coco292
They get every power up they've ever had in their canon and are on a neutral playing field.

Who takes this?

NemeBro
I highly doubt this has never been done.

But every power up? Mario with Purity Heart, instant win.

BloodRain
Mario can't use the Purity heart. Sticking with Sonic from many other threads answer to this.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Coco292
They get every power up they've ever had in their canon and are on a neutral playing field.

Who takes this?

Do not know much about Mario, but from what I do know, it will be hard for him to beat a version of Sonic that is supposed to be insanely more powerful & faster than his Super Form, which is his Hyper Form.

The Scenario
Every powerup includes a truly ridiculous number of things, like intangibility and invulnerability to damage. And the whole being simultaneously made of metal, ice, stone, etc. as well as wearing several costumes, having infinite clones, and being giant.

Including RPG items just makes it worse, possibly including the Star Rod.

Coco292
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Do not know much about Mario, but from what I do know, it will be hard for him to beat a version of Sonic that is supposed to be insanely more powerful & faster than his Super Form, which is his Hyper Form.

Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that due to the fact that that form hasn't been seen since like 14 years ago it is no longer considered canon.

Originally posted by The Scenario
Every powerup includes a truly ridiculous number of things, like intangibility and invulnerability to damage. And the whole being simultaneously made of metal, ice, stone, etc. as well as wearing several costumes, having infinite clones, and being giant.

Including RPG items just makes it worse, possibly including the Star Rod.

I wouldn't give Mario the Star Rod just because he's never actually used it.

MooCowofJustice
I'm going to go with Mario.

Coco292
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm going to go with Mario.

Oh me too but can we get reasons why people like say whats to stop Super Sonic from Blitzing Mario?

Demonic Phoenix
Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that due to the fact that that form hasn't been seen since like 14 years ago it is no longer considered canon.

Eggman's original Death Egg had not been seen since 14 years. I guess that was non-canon as well.

There has been nothing in the series that has retconned the form out of existence. Until such a thing happens, the form is canon.

Coco292
K. Eggman's original Death Egg has not been seen since 14 years. Guess that is non-canon as well now.

There has been nothing in the series that has retconned the form out of existence. Until such a thing happens, the form is canon.

That's an entirely different situation all together the Death Egg was Destroyed thats WHY it hasn't been seen not to mention hes rebuilt it many times over the Super Emeralds and Hyper Sonic haven't been seen at all.

MooCowofJustice
Mostly 'cause I like Mario more. And I'll stick with the Purity Heart argument, because I don't know why Mario wouldn't be able to use it.

Coco292
Mostly 'cause I like Mario more. And I'll stick with the Purity Heart argument, because I don't know why Mario wouldn't be able to use it.

As do I for I am a huge Mario fanboy but that's not a reason xD

What can the Purity Heart do besides stop the Chaos Heart and the Void?

Demonic Phoenix
Irrelevant. Your line of thinking was that since it has not been seen again in 14 years, it is no longer canon; when there is no proof that it has been ret-conned out of the series.

General rule of thumb is that something that was considered to be canon is canon until proven otherwise via retcon or statement from the devs.

Coco292
Irrelevant. Your line of thinking was that since it has not been seen again in 14 years, it is no longer canon; when there is no proof that it has been ret-conned out of the series.

General rule of thumb is that something that was considered to be canon is canon until proven otherwise via retcon or statement from the devs.

Except it essentially was retconned the Super Emeralds were just a way to lengthen the game thats it. If they were Canon why haven't we seen them even though the conditions for them being there are obviously there which is having the Master Emerald and the Chaos Emeralds in the same spot.

Demonic Phoenix
Not really. Could be that the Chaos Emeralds could only become Super when they were in the Hidden Palace Zone, or that the Master Emerald did not want to empower the Chaos Emeralds at any other point in time.

You still do not have proof that Hyper Sonic was retconned. Until you do, its canon.

Personally speaking, he's no different from other one-game transformations, such as Darkspine Sonic or Excalibur Sonic.

Coco292
Not really. Could be that the Chaos Emeralds could only become Super when they were in the Hidden Palace Zone, or that the Master Emerald did not want to empower the Chaos Emeralds at any other point in time.

You still do not have proof that Hyper Sonic was retconned. Until you do, its canon.

Personally speaking, he's no different from other one-game transformations, such as Darkspine Sonic or Excalibur Sonic.

Except you know the fact that they moved Knuckles to a different palace says something about how Sonic Team wants to deal with the Super Emerald issue. Why wouldn't the Master Emerald "want to do it" thats bad logic if there's a planetary threat by all means Sonic would want to use his most powerful form.

This leaves us with 2 choices

A. The Super Emeralds were seperate Emeralds all together which was retconned in the recent games stating there were only 1 set of Emeralds or
B.They were retconned by the simple fact that they were never used again despite the conditions for using them being fulfilled.

I'm not debating this anymore please let us continue with Mario vs Sonic. Mario wins imo because of the pure options he has like Scenario stated.

BloodRain
Yeah the Super Emeralds are canon so far.

The reason he cant use the Purity Heart is that 1. He's only handled the Pure hearts, not the complete form. 2. Its purpose is a counter to the Chaos Heart. 3. Its activated by true love.
Is it even possible for Mario to use a pile up of different items eg super... rock and ghost mushrooms in conjunction?

Off point but could Darkspine Sonic have potential to be his strongest form?

Demonic Phoenix
Darkspine Sonic was activated by the 3 World Rings that were connected to 'negative' emotions.

IMO, if he uses all 7 rings, he'll achieve a much more powerful, but inherently different Super Form. Though there is the off-chance that Sonic would die, as stated by the lore.

Coco292
Originally posted by BloodRain
Yeah the Super Emeralds are canon so far.

Cool story bro.

Darkspine Sonic was activated by the 3 World Rings that were connected to 'negative' emotions.

IMO, if he uses all 7 rings, he'll achieve a much more powerful, but inherently different Super Form. Though there is the off-chance that Sonic would die, as stated by the lore.

Sonic only absorbs 3 ergo thats all he gets when it comes to transforming and thus his most powerful form in this fight is Super Sonic. Why would Sonic get all 7 rings when he hasn't used all 7 and Mario doesn't get the Purity Heart thats a double standard. T_T

BloodRain
Read that all 7 would either kill him or make him go insane from the emotion tampering.

Not really. Mario's never used/cant use the Purity Heart whilst Sonic has and can use all 7 World Rings. Not that anyone's saying that he absorbs all 7 for this match.

Coco292
Read that all 7 would either kill him or make him go insane from the emotion tampering.

Not really. Mario's never used/cant use the Purity Heart whilst Sonic has and can use all 7 World Rings. Not that anyone's saying that he absorbs all 7 for this match.

Sonic has NEVER used all 7 World Rings anyways I think its safe to assume the best form Sonic has is Super Sonic.

BloodRain
No but he has access to them and has shown the capability to use use them.

Or Hyper Sonic. Just noticed that any super form can gain a huge boost from using Excalibur.

Coco292
No but he has access to them and has shown the capability to use use them.

Or Hyper Sonic. Just noticed that any super form can gain a huge boost from using Excalibur.

I've pointed out several times why Hyper Sonic isn't canon. Sonic isn't blitzing Mario period Mario has been shot planet to planet not only landing safely but reacting enough to do front flips which says something about his reaction time.

BloodRain
Just because it hasn't been used doesn't make it retconned unless stated so.

Is the shot planet to planet thing Super Mario Galaxy?

Coco292
Just because it hasn't been used doesn't make it retconned unless stated so.

Is the shot planet to planet thing Super Mario Galaxy?

Yes it is and it doesn't have to be state its blatently obvious given the 2 theories about the mere existance of the Emeralds.

BloodRain
The theories you came up with? Problems with that is that the Chaos Emeralds haven't been used to go super while being next to the Master Emerald besides the one game. The opportunity hasn't even come up.

SMG planet size and distance between isn't the same as real life.

Coco292
The theories you came up with? Problems with that is that the Chaos Emeralds haven't been used to go super while being next to the Master Emerald besides the one game. The opportunity hasn't even come up.

SMG planet size and distance between isn't the same as real life.

So you've never played Sonic Adventure 2 I take it?

And things don't have to be drawn to scale in fiction Starship Mario is called a minor planet in that game it would be silly to make those things actual planet sizes when they're supposed to be platforms.

BloodRain
Oh yeah, still after being told to stop them, nonetheless it hasn't been retconned so there's no point in discussing it. Like DP said its the same as Excalibur and Darkspine.

Kinda been settled on here that those planets arnt real life planet size. Its not even the distance between the Earth and the Moon.

Wei Phoenix
Light Speed Dash his head off!

Coco292
Oh yeah, still after being told to stop them, nonetheless it hasn't been retconned so there's no point in discussing it. Like DP said its the same as Excalibur and Darkspine.

Kinda been settled on here that those planets arnt real life planet size. Its not even the distance between the Earth and the Moon.

Again I already proved they were retconned in 2 different ways it isn't the same as either of those forms because Sonic has never had the Rings or the Sword again since those games but he HAS used the Chaos Emeralds and the Master Emerald was told to stop the chaos emeralds to prevent them from being used to make the Arc collide with Earth not period. Again things do not have to be drawn to scale in fiction. Hell in SMG 2 the 2nd world is OUR solar system so there you go.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Light Speed Dash his head off!

I like how Mario is gonna let sonic build up the energy to do that 8D

BloodRain
Again I already proved they were retconned in 2 different ways it isn't the same as either of those forms because Sonic has never had the Rings or the Sword again since those games but he HAS used the Chaos Emeralds and the Master Emerald was told to stop the chaos emeralds to prevent them from being used to make the Arc collide with Earth not period. Again things do not have to be drawn to scale in fiction. Hell in SMG 2 the 2nd world is OUR solar system so there you go.
Nothing was proved. The Chaos Emeralds were charged by the Master Emerald and it hasn't happened again. Thats it really, the reason it hasn't charged them again doesn't mean it cant.

May agree when there aren't building sized planets :/ In their fiction planets are smaller and closer together.

Coco292
Nothing was proved. The Chaos Emeralds were charged by the Master Emerald and it hasn't happened again. Thats it really, the reason it hasn't charged them again doesn't mean it cant.

May agree when there aren't building sized planets :/ In their fiction planets are smaller and closer together.

The fact that it hasn't and they took the time to move knuckles to a different shrine says that they obviously dont care for Hyper Sonic anymore.

http://concept-mobius.technoguild.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=45

this explains what I'm talking about.

Again things don't have to be drawn to size in fiction period. That's why things like Sonic moving at the speed of sound aren't put in a realistic view.

BloodRain
Skimmed over and most of the things arent important. Worst case scenario its just a one time thing like the other power-ups.

And no one would be saying Sonic can move faster then the speed of sound if it was only based on gameplay. We have figures, sources and proof that Sonic can run Mach 1+. Mario's case is completely different.

Coco292
Skimmed over and most of the things arent important. Worst case scenario its just a one time thing like the other power-ups.

And no one would be saying Sonic can move faster then the speed of sound if it was only based on gameplay. We have figures, sources and proof that Sonic can run Mach 1+. Mario's case is completely different.

That isn't the point that I'm trying to make I'm well aware he can run Mach 1 + plenty of booklets say this but I'm also aware Mario is no slouch when it comes to that department either. And no worse case scenario its a plothole that Team Sonic retconned.

BloodRain
My point is that theres no reason to assume that the planets in SMG are thousands of km wide or millions of km apart. Still that's only a theory that hasn't been touched upon by Team Sonic.

Jumping off that how are his reactions to speed types?

Coco292
My point is that theres no reason to assume that the planets in SMG are thousands of km wide or millions of km apart. Still that's only a theory that hasn't been touched upon by Team Sonic.

Jumping off that how are his reactions to speed types?

I'd say decent since He's dealt with people who are known to be fast and with enemies like Bullet Bills granted these guys aren't as fast as Sonic but given Mario's reaction feats from SMG combined with his Super Speed I think its safe to assume Sonic won't be too fast for Mario to handle.

MooCowofJustice
I thought Mario used the Purity Heart to cancel the effects of the Chaos Heart.

BloodRain
I'd say decent since He's dealt with people who are known to be fast and with enemies like Bullet Bills granted these guys aren't as fast as Sonic but given Mario's reaction feats from SMG combined with his Super Speed I think its safe to assume Sonic won't be too fast for Mario to handle.
Bill's aren't that fast.
I thought Mario used the Purity Heart to cancel the effects of the Chaos Heart.
It was.. names names.. that Count and the fairy thing that activated it together.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, and then Mario finished using it, right?

Coco292
Bill's aren't that fast.
Just because they don't appear to be fast doesn't mean they aren't.

Oh and Mario has also dealt with enemies who warp naturally so yeah.

BloodRain
First it was the 'Four heroes..'' business to be able to use the Pure Hearts powers, then 'We will use the Pure Hearts again, this time to banish the Chaos Heart --- All we need is true love... And that is something I am lucky enough to possess.'' -Bleck. Then they showed their true love, Purity Heart was restored and they sacrificed their lives to use it to null the Void.

Know how fast they are? And warp≠speed.

MooCowofJustice
So it is a powerup that Mario has been given, merely not on his own. Sounds like he can use it to me.

BloodRain
They didn't give it to him they stopped the void themselves. Mario's never been in possession of it.

Demonic Phoenix
Sonic only absorbs 3 ergo thats all he gets when it comes to transforming and thus his most powerful form in this fight is Super Sonic. Why would Sonic get all 7 rings when he hasn't used all 7 and Mario doesn't get the Purity Heart thats a double standard. T_T

Where exactly did I say Sonic would get to use all 7 World Rings for a Super Transformation in this thread?

Wei Phoenix
Just because they don't appear to be fast doesn't mean they aren't.

Oh and Mario has also dealt with enemies who warp naturally so yeah.

Prove their speed, don't say that they are fast as bullets simply because they are in the shape of bullets. They are sentient beings and in no way follow the physics of a normal bullet.

I like how Mario is gonna let sonic build up the energy to do that 8D

Doesn't need to build up the energy for that at all, just lay some rings his way and dash.

The Scenario
I'm assuming Mario and Sonic start with the power ups active?

Power ups that make Mario invisible/intangible: Vanish Cap, Repel Gel, Boo's Sheet, Boo Mushroom.

Power ups the make Mario invincible: Starman, Metal Cap, Rainbow Star, Super Mushroom, Mega Mushroom, etc.

Power ups that let Mario control time: Slow Flower, Speed Flower, Stopwatch, Klevar, Emerald Star.

Also, this:
QYykQsyPdBo
3:55. It looks like something that happens automatically when the four heroes are together. However,

DiEy6cK0Hmw
5:20. Love works just as well as the heroes. And there's the "I will take these to Mario." And it looks like they can heal Mario, too.

Wei Phoenix
Power ups that make Sonic invincible: Invincibility, and possibly Super Sonic. He has already survived atmospheric reentry twice.

Power ups that allow him to control time: Chaos Control

MooCowofJustice
So we have a stalemate that ****s around with time just because. Neat.

Wei Phoenix
It's what it's always been when you say every power up and plot device.

Demonic Phoenix
So we have a stalemate that ****s around with time just because. Neat.

Pretty much.

Plus, Super Sonic is supposedly FTL.

9sonic99
Sonic spins really fast in a circle around mario. Mario (being curious) tries to keep his eyes on sonic. He gets dizzy and falls off feild and/or gets sonic spined to death.

MooCowofJustice
3 pages isn't too much to read.

BloodRain
Idea: using the super/chaos emeralds, world rings and Excalibur would bring together 3 super forms in one.

Coco292
Idea: using the super/chaos emeralds, world rings and Excalibur would bring together 3 super forms in one.

Because that happened in the games.

BloodRain
He never/cant have access to all of those items at once, but the thread gives him everything.

Coco292
He never/cant have access to all of those items at once, but the thread gives him everything.

everything hes done in canon otherwise ill just give mario everything he has ever had combined and im pretty sure he takes <_<

Coco292
Originally posted by 9sonic99
Sonic spins really fast in a circle around mario. Mario (being curious) tries to keep his eyes on sonic. He gets dizzy and falls off feild and/or gets sonic spined to death.

HA no tell me how well that works when someone who makes knuckles look weak manages to get a hold of you.

BloodRain
everything hes done in canon otherwise ill just give mario everything he has ever had combined and im pretty sure he takes <_<
Technically you only said that they get every power up not what they've done. This is in the same light as those above saying Mario uses several mushrooms in conjunction when he can only use one at a time. /shrugs

Coco292
Technically you only said that they get every power up not what they've done. This is in the same light as those above saying Mario uses several mushrooms in conjunction when he can only use one at a time. /shrugs

I don't think he gets them at the same time at all but I do think he can switch them out.

the ninjak
Sonic kicks Mario's ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.